Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

the bully's in this game

Comments

• 666 (GB1)666 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 18
    Your post is a little bit one sided and seems to lean towards blowing your own trumpet for TRT, when yes like some of the others, your alliance has been guilty of similar things before, and harbouring guilty ones. I doubt that you would have many supporters that would say that TRT were not bullies, and have not bullied smaller alliances in the past. I would say all of the Musks players have been in those alliances or their many shells have, and indeed still swap between alliances when it gets to hot in one.
    I think many incidents like this have happened, but been covered up or ridiculed as Musks and others have tried to do this time. The only difference is that it quickly became forum knowledge before the trolls could get to work. There are still players active now that many others have made calls to GGE for them to be banned from the server for what they have written about other players, and their families. This incident I don't think has anything to do with a diplo room person or not, its just how casually and with total lack of any feeling, or guilt that the Musks carried it out and then tried to ridicule, and  hide it.
    Again just like Imperius! you seem to want everyone to look on this as being the actions of teens, when in reality it is the actions of fully grown adults, hiding in homes, behind darkened windows, being as hateful and premeditated to other normal players as you can be. All long serving players will know how long these players have been around, and some that may have befriended  them when they began will know previous names, possible real ages, and even jobs.
    Its time that GGE and the authorities closed down on these hateful players who just want to cause heartache and stress to others playing this game. Yes a game to most, but not the Musks or how they want to play it, useful for blackmail, extortion, forcing players to do what they want. Then get everyone to blame it on teens, or a twisted sense sense of humour, when in reality its neither.
    First of all never heard of you, log on your main then have a say. 

And I agree with most of your points, but the fact remains that the same players have been doing this sort of stuff for a year nearly and only now have most of the server gotten themselves involved.

Musks deserve to be wiped from the server but I don't "want everyone to look on this as being the actions of teens" - over 50% of  Musks are aged under 20. Don't put words in my mouth, least of all compare me to Imperius, I wasn't a shell hiding away in The Wraith for 3+ years before spending my entire income to become relevant on a game.

I don't get wiped by 4 waves either.. again you're trying to make it sound like I support Musks when I've got more of a reason to hate them than whoever you are. Just stating facts. 
  • People are even  promotend en protected bij goodgame to bully in this game if you raport them be a wear in this game is also a cencorship you can not sai what is the truthe 
    if you stand fore the trude you stand allone even goodgame wil lie to you
    liere lier e your pants are on fire, your nose is as long as a telefone wiere
  • It's more that punishing players for, well, playing the game, just isn't going to happen.

Servers can establish their own rulesets that they can advise their server to follow, but it should be noted that none of those rules are actually enforced by Goodgame Studios. If a player doesn't want to follow them and subsequently wants to 'bully' other players, that's perfectly within their rights to do so. Players should be entitled to play how they want to play, no? If you try and force something upon them that they don't want, that will likely make the situation worse.

If you suspect a player of multi-accounting, it's all very well and good saying that they should be banned, but without sufficient evidence that the account is a proxy or multi-account, bans may not be enforced. If you were a new player that had the capability to spend, and someone else thought you were a proxy/multi, would you like it if someone could get you banned just by saying "I think this player is using a VPN to get cheap currency"? I'm not 100% sure on what evidence needs be supplied (you could always find and ask someone who has reported someone for that reason), but bans are unlikely to be handed out based on someone going "That player is a proxy, but I haven't got any screenshots to support my claim."

Hope this answers any questions.
    And what is sufficient evidence?

I know for a fact that more then one accounts got stolen on the NL1 server.

Several tickets where send in by quit a few players including: Name, numbers, time lines of things happend. Screenshots of things said, screenshot of activity on the alliance page.

And still not one second of action one GGE side, o yes we were told: You shouldn't shared passwords in the past....

Okay, that's true! 

But still nothing happend with those multi accounts, and they are still active until this very day. 

And many, many other multi accounts stil active, shit, i know player that have at least 15 accounts surrounding their main account.... 

:-D 
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,440
    like thanatos said.

if players want to play that way, they are allowed to play that way. so it's okay to bully.

and that's the way it is.  :(

flug @ nl 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    like thanatos said.

if players want to play that way, they are allowed to play that way. so it's okay to bully.

Not exactly what he said.  IF someone is multi-accounting and it can be proven, they will get the ban.  It is the PROVING part that is difficult to do.  PROVING that you shared passwords and lost an account because of it, doesn't prove who the rightful owner is.  IF the original account owner had it tied to his email, I believe he would be able to get it back.  

As for PLAYING THE GAME as designed, that is not Bullying.  It is often being an @$#%^$#, but it isn't Bullying....
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• like thanatos said.

Not exactly what he said.  IF someone is multi-accounting and it can be proven, they will get the ban.  It is the PROVING part that is difficult to do.  PROVING that you shared passwords and lost an account because of it, doesn't prove who the rightful owner is.  IF the original account owner had it tied to his email, I believe he would be able to get it back.  

As for PLAYING THE GAME as designed, that is not Bullying.  It is often being an @$#%^$#, but it isn't Bullying....

But what is sufficient evidence?

No activity for a longer time on stolen reported suspicious accounts, and then suddenly one of each other got logged in and starts almost the same move. (Like surrounding one player with HQ's?) Reporting this is the only thing that a player can do, the evidence should be found in the data bases of the people that started a business and made the rules. Creating rules means  that you also have to maintain those rules. Mate, even if i had sufficient evidence of things happened and presented them on a silver plate in Hamburg, then still no punitive measures will follow because GGE has nothing to gain with this. They only got things to lose, like 60 - 70% of the accounts on sever NL1.  2091 level 70 players on the board with 54 - 100.084.879 glorypoints with the current Bloodcrows. 9926 level 70 players overall, go figure it out how many farms and multi accounts there are. I don't have problems with players attacking each other, making some trouble now and then, it's about making other players game miserable with and hiding behind multi accounts and nothing being done about that. 
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    like thanatos said.

No activity for a longer time on stolen reported suspicious accounts, and then suddenly one of each other got logged in and starts almost the same move. (Like surrounding one player with HQ's?) Reporting this is the only thing that a player can do, the evidence should be found in the data bases of the people that started a business and made the rules. Creating rules means  that you also have to maintain those rules. Mate, even if i had sufficient evidence of things happened and presented them on a silver plate in Hamburg, then still no punitive measures will follow because GGE has nothing to gain with this. They only got things to lose, like 60 - 70% of the accounts on sever NL1.  2091 level 70 players on the board with 54 - 100.084.879 glorypoints with the current Bloodcrows. 9926 level 70 players overall, go figure it out how many farms and multi accounts there are. I don't have problems with players attacking each other, making some trouble now and then, it's about making other players game miserable with and hiding behind multi accounts and nothing being done about that. 
    Certainly you or I can easily spot accounts that are "suspicious" and 99% of them would be either shared keys within an Alliance or straight up Multis.  But you ask the $64,000 question:  How do you PROVE it?  What level PROOF is good enough for them to take action?  "Without a shadow of a doubt"?  "On a preponderance of evidence"? "Gut feeling"?  "4 out of 5 Dentists agree"?  That there are DEAD accounts is a different issue.  How many of the 9926 total players bought rubies AT LEAST ONCE?  As you likely know, once you buy, they don't delete the account.  JUST IN CASE the buyer wants to come back to play.  SO, DEAD accounts do not equal MULTI accounts.

I am 100% anti Multi.  I have turned down multiple offers of "Account Keys" to visit other Alliances.  I also do not believe that GGS has done enough to combat the issue.  But, just as Dead Account does not equal Multi Account, neither does Multi Account = Bully.  SOME ARE, YES. 

The examples of people harassing others via messaging in game or out is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  However, an Alliance deciding to strip some random player of their Outposts is NOT Bullying.  Yes, I have been on the receiving end of a Whale who popped up a dozen low level accounts around mine to hit me around the clock.  Know what I did?  Ignored it.  Sat there and turtled.  He got bored and moved on.  Took a while, yes.  But, I did not engage in Discord chats with him, or respond to in game messages.  Press the ignore button, it works.  You can also abandon the account and start a new one, change to a different server, move on to a game that is much better run, or find something productive to do IRL.

Final comment is again the same Final comment I have made before:  Don't take this game so seriously.....
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,440
    edited 26.09.2020
    flug @ nl 1
  • like thanatos said.

Certainly you or I can easily spot accounts that are "suspicious" and 99% of them would be either shared keys within an Alliance or straight up Multis.  But you ask the $64,000 question:  How do you PROVE it?  What level PROOF is good enough for them to take action?  "Without a shadow of a doubt"?  "On a preponderance of evidence"? "Gut feeling"?  "4 out of 5 Dentists agree"?  That there are DEAD accounts is a different issue.  How many of the 9926 total players bought rubies AT LEAST ONCE?  As you likely know, once you buy, they don't delete the account.  JUST IN CASE the buyer wants to come back to play.  SO, DEAD accounts do not equal MULTI accounts.

I am 100% anti Multi.  I have turned down multiple offers of "Account Keys" to visit other Alliances.  I also do not believe that GGS has done enough to combat the issue.  But, just as Dead Account does not equal Multi Account, neither does Multi Account = Bully.  SOME ARE, YES. 

The examples of people harassing others via messaging in game or out is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  However, an Alliance deciding to strip some random player of their Outposts is NOT Bullying.  Yes, I have been on the receiving end of a Whale who popped up a dozen low level accounts around mine to hit me around the clock.  Know what I did?  Ignored it.  Sat there and turtled.  He got bored and moved on.  Took a while, yes.  But, I did not engage in Discord chats with him, or respond to in game messages.  Press the ignore button, it works.  You can also abandon the account and start a new one, change to a different server, move on to a game that is much better run, or find something productive to do IRL.

Final comment is again the same Final comment I have made before:  Don't take this game so seriously.....
    What i said for a player it's not possible to give 100% sufficient evidence, maybe unless you know that person in real life, So it is the responsibility for the company that makes money out of their product.

It must be no problem for the people ho have acces and compare some data and then take action, especially when they say they wil do so.  

And about starting over, no mate, when i finish a game the game is finisht. Spend a decent amount of money one the game, rather use the tactic of scorched earth instead of spending more money on a company that doesn't take care of their costumers. 

• All just nice active accounts, and no signs of  mult-accounts of what so ever... :"-) 

Accounts Aroletix, beann and mypsie for a fact where several times reported as "stolen" accounts by players in the real The Brave a few months ago. 

The players who reported this, never heard something back on those tickets because of privacy.

And the accounts just stayed active enough to not fall into a ruin, several times surrounding other players from the original The Brave. 

So there are no consequences for switching accounts among players, playing with multi-accounts, password sharing. 
  • I join my case, simular expirianses on the Dutch server.

SERVER IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE, thnx to so cald GOODGAME change beter there name in to BADGAME
    King rasta @ nl 1
  • I get "playing the game" and internal rule sets that are not supported by GGS. For example, I am no fan of what are misnamed as "fair play rules" on uk1. In my honest opinion they are protectionist, counter productive and were always going to force breakaways because they sought to continue the defence bias that had existed before the introduction of extra wave look items.

Bullying is another matter; game rules allow hits every 3 hours but I doubt many would see frequent hits on a significantly weaker player as reasonable - even though it would fall within GGE rules. That is the sort of area where I believe there is room for a code of conduct within a server. There are others.

The damage system is a legacy of an earlier game where assets were not so resource/ruby intensive to develop. Sabs/plagues/fires etc. are recoverable, even Building Destruct (although the time/resource requirement is much higher than was ever considered when the damage system was initiated) can be recovered; but outpost captures cannot. For a moderate budget player they now represent years of time/effort expended in development and when they are taken by currency manipulation shell accounts it gives rise to deep seated animosity; that is not not something that is healthy for the game as a whole. It may drive short term revenue but game toxicity rises exponentially and that will see players turning their backs. 

Drudgery is something else that I believe is wrong with the game. Fair enough that spending improves returns but to make it so that moderate budget players need to conduct hundreds of tedious and repetitive actions to achieve meaningful rewards can only have 2 long term outcomes; either players will become disaffected or they will dip into their pockets - and the latter is constrained by personal circumstances.

All games will have a limited lifespan; as capability advances, new and more engaging constructs will attract players away from old favourites. Game owners will seek to maximise revenue while it lasts but the big question is whether the game expires for those "natural" reasons - or before its time because the game environment has become unattractive.

GamerGac5754 @ en 1
  • forestw (AU1)forestw (AU1) AU1 Posts: 358
    Divine justice will be brought upon them.
    Yes! The fires of Boo Masters shall rain upon those who bully others.
    Senior Officer
    Boo Masters Alliance - AU1 and World1 servers
    *a division of the DPRK Gaming Club
    For recruitment inquiries, contact Juggernaut or Sam
    For FREE Giveaway Events, message me or OldBags1973
  • Finally thrown in the towel, accounts destroyed and I finished and quit the game, the best decision in the game in months! :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file