Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Gold pieces are kinda bad

While the master blacksmith is by far one of the best additions that the game has ever had, there is one major flaw with it. Most of the items that you can purchase with gold pieces are extremely overpriced. The cost for things such as wall capacity and base food widgets is kinda justifiable considering the only other way to reliably get them is through the wheel of affluence, but even the cost of those is quite absurd it could easily take you a couple years of consistent play in order to buy enough lvl 20 wall widgets for all castles. The fact that the outdated unique equipment sets cost between 10,000 and 20,000 pieces is ridiculous. The entire sets should be in the 1-2k range realistically. You also have PO items that cost nearly a month's worth of pieces to just buy ONE and even then there are better po items for only 5k rubies each. Something else that is a overpriced are the military districts, an item that takes an even more ridiculous amount of time and pieces to obtain and the general consensus is that it is not worth purchasing unless you hypothetically in the late late game and looking for more room for PO items. However by far the most egregious of things you can purchase from the master blacksmith is the lvl 10 relic food production widget, which cost 50,000 gold pieces. The primary issue with that being that you can craft those on your own by using widget resources you buy with the superior currency which are silver pieces. It costs 20,495 silver to craft 1 lvl 10. You could potentially convert those 50,000 gold pieces into silver pieces and then make 7 of those widgets rather than using 50,000 gold pieces for one. Overall I would say that GGS needs to slash the prices for items you can buy with gold pieces by a large amount, and the current best way to actually spend them is to simply convert them into 3 silver pieces each unless you have no other way of obtaining the wall and base food widgets. 

geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
AuPt5sH.png

Comments

• aAlexe (US1)aAlexe (US1) US1 Posts: 308
    convert them to silver then nobodys telling you what to use them on lol
    yes
  • geniusguy (US1)geniusguy (US1) US1 Posts: 946
    convert them to silver then nobodys telling you what to use them on lol
    That's fair. Personally I would much rather spend them on widget resources, troops and tools. 
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png
  • While the master blacksmith is by far one of the best additions that the game has ever had, there is one major flaw with it. Most of the items that you can purchase with gold pieces are extremely overpriced. The cost for things such as wall capacity and base food widgets is kinda justifiable considering the only other way to reliably get them is through the wheel of affluence, but even the cost of those is quite absurd it could easily take you a couple years of consistent play in order to buy enough lvl 20 wall widgets for all castles. The fact that the outdated unique equipment sets cost between 10,000 and 20,000 pieces is ridiculous. The entire sets should be in the 1-2k range realistically. You also have PO items that cost nearly a month's worth of pieces to just buy ONE and even then there are better po items for only 5k rubies each. Something else that is a overpriced are the military districts, an item that takes an even more ridiculous amount of time and pieces to obtain and the general consensus is that it is not worth purchasing unless you hypothetically in the late late game and looking for more room for PO items. However by far the most egregious of things you can purchase from the master blacksmith is the lvl 10 relic food production widget, which cost 50,000 gold pieces. The primary issue with that being that you can craft those on your own by using widget resources you buy with the superior currency which are silver pieces. It costs 20,495 silver to craft 1 lvl 10. You could potentially convert those 50,000 gold pieces into silver pieces and then make 7 of those widgets rather than using 50,000 gold pieces for one. Overall I would say that GGS needs to slash the prices for items you can buy with gold pieces by a large amount, and the current best way to actually spend them is to simply convert them into 3 silver pieces each unless you have no other way of obtaining the wall and base food widgets. 

To be quite honest, 30,000 gold pieces is not much. It is easy to get 10-15k gold per month; even more if you grind hard, so in my opinion, the price is quite fair. And considering the usefulness of the level 20 item, it's price is considerably low.
    edited 07.09.2020
    While the master blacksmith is by far one of the best additions that the game has ever had, there is one major flaw with it. Most of the items that you can purchase with gold pieces are extremely overpriced. The cost for things such as wall capacity and base food widgets is kinda justifiable considering the only other way to reliably get them is through the wheel of affluence, but even the cost of those is quite absurd it could easily take you a couple years of consistent play in order to buy enough lvl 20 wall widgets for all castles. The fact that the outdated unique equipment sets cost between 10,000 and 20,000 pieces is ridiculous. The entire sets should be in the 1-2k range realistically. You also have PO items that cost nearly a month's worth of pieces to just buy ONE and even then there are better po items for only 5k rubies each. Something else that is a overpriced are the military districts, an item that takes an even more ridiculous amount of time and pieces to obtain and the general consensus is that it is not worth purchasing unless you hypothetically in the late late game and looking for more room for PO items. However by far the most egregious of things you can purchase from the master blacksmith is the lvl 10 relic food production widget, which cost 50,000 gold pieces. The primary issue with that being that you can craft those on your own by using widget resources you buy with the superior currency which are silver pieces. It costs 20,495 silver to craft 1 lvl 10. You could potentially convert those 50,000 gold pieces into silver pieces and then make 7 of those widgets rather than using 50,000 gold pieces for one. Overall I would say that GGS needs to slash the prices for items you can buy with gold pieces by a large amount, and the current best way to actually spend them is to simply convert them into 3 silver pieces each unless you have no other way of obtaining the wall and base food widgets. 

To be quite honest, 30,000 gold pieces is not much. It is easy to get 10-15k gold per month; even more if you grind hard, so in my opinion, the price is quite fair. And considering the usefulness of the level 20 item, it's price is considerably low.
    So you think grinding for two months for one upgrade is fair? Using your own estimate that means 4-6 months for one max wall widget which is 60k gold pieces. If you take it a step further and want to put one in every castle that is the range of 2.5 to 3.5 years of grind. Using your estimate again it would take 10 months to get one military district. So no the current pricing is not fair. It is entirely unrealistic especially when you consider the fact that the game could easily be dead by the time someone gets a military district in all castles. The only thing in the entire gold piece shop that is actually close to fairly priced are relic pieces. Of course you could easily get more than your own estimates depending on how much you play, but even then the pricing is fairly ridiculous.
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 226
    The pricing is fair and has been since its introduction, You must be missing something to think otherwise. Don't forget you can now buy plenty of booster tools in the silver shop and used correctly you can replenish that supply every week which in turn delivers gold coins aplenty.
    The pricing is fair and has been since its introduction, You must be missing something to think otherwise. Don't forget you can now buy plenty of booster tools in the silver shop and used correctly you can replenish that supply every week which in turn delivers gold coins aplenty.
    Nope the pricing is not fair whatsoever. The amount of time and investment is pretty ridiculous. Yes you can get tons of gold pieces, but anything in the gold shop also cost tons of gold pieces. Nothing in the shop is priced reasonably. I have already maxed out the first 3 pages in the monthly event. I have also nearly maxed out this round of berimond camps and I am on page 6 of nomads.That has given me 15,250. That is also as a player that has been playing very consistently (top 600 in loot on one of the biggest servers for the past few weeks). Now that I have used up all available seasonal points boosters The number of gold pieces I can realistically get from the primary source of them is drastically decreased. Perhaps I could realistically get another 2500 this month if I reach 3,400 seasonal points. If you throw in the other methods of earning them, then maybe I could get 25k this month as someone that has been farming significantly more than the average player. So what could I buy with that amount of gold pieces? Some food storage widgets and less appealing base foods and wall widgets. Now what if you want to buy a lvl 20 wall widget? Then I would have to farm for a bit over 2 months, which would easily turn into over a year since the average person would want one in each castle. And this is as someone who has been playing quite a bit more than the average player. So where does this leave the average player? With a lot less gold pieces than that and a lot less than the rquired amount for anything worth buying.
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png
  • Damaden (US1)Damaden (US1) US1 Posts: 38
    The only thing I find unfair about the gold coin shop is the Level 15 wall capacity build item (there are probably others, but I can't speak to them).

When the blacksmith was initially rolled out, it was 60,000 gold coins. I know this because it took me about 6 months of grinding to save enough to buy it.

THEN, literally two or three days after I spent my hard farmed 60,000 gold coins, GGS updated the blacksmith to include the Level 20 wall capacity item for the low, low price of 60,000 gold coins! And to add insult to injury, they slashed the Level 15 wall capacity build item to 35,000!

Now I want a refund

The only thing I find unfair about the gold coin shop is the Level 15 wall capacity build item (there are probably others, but I can't speak to them).

When the blacksmith was initially rolled out, it was 60,000 gold coins. I know this because it took me about 6 months of grinding to save enough to buy it.

THEN, literally two or three days after I spent my hard farmed 60,000 gold coins, GGS updated the blacksmith to include the Level 20 wall capacity item for the low, low price of 60,000 gold coins! And to add insult to injury, they slashed the Level 15 wall capacity build item to 35,000!

Now I want a refund

Should it have to take you 6 months to grind for one item? I think the prices for pretty much anything in there should be slashed by 66-67 percent. 
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,090

Now I want a refund

Should it have to take you 6 months to grind for one item? I think the prices for pretty much anything in there should be slashed by 66-67 percent. 
    *SIGH* - Then let's never lower the price on items.  After all, nothing ever gets less desirable.  Yes Sheldon, that was sarcasm.   

I am FAR less productive than you are @geniusguy (US1), even though I may be online more hours than you.  I saved  up for my first Wall Item (the 15k one for +85 units) and am still very happy with that purchase.  I have since continued to save up for what I planned on being the +125.  But, with the recent update, I am now saving up for the +185!  So, I am VERY HAPPY with the changes.  Reduction in prices over time IS very realistic in a value-pricing model.  

People who are willing to pay MORE, get it first!  Those willing to wait, get it at a discount.   Also, as those items get sold to the most active, they no longer need to buy them.  Again, prices go down to keep the sales up.  Basic supply/demand model.  IS this a guarantee to happen in GGE?  Of course not.  But, it is reasonable considering the track record.

As for @Damaden (US1) how did you feel about your purchase the day you bought it?  I bet you were EXCITED and very HAPPY that you achieved your goal!  A few days later, the price dropped.  Did your item suddenly CHANGE?  Are you getting a lower increase in units?  NO.  You got what you paid for.  

Stop expecting Oprah to give you all of her favorite things..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

edited 08.09.2020

Now I want a refund

*SIGH* - Then let's never lower the price on items.  After all, nothing ever gets less desirable.  Yes Sheldon, that was sarcasm.   

I am FAR less productive than you are @geniusguy (US1), even though I may be online more hours than you.  I saved  up for my first Wall Item (the 15k one for +85 units) and am still very happy with that purchase.  I have since continued to save up for what I planned on being the +125.  But, with the recent update, I am now saving up for the +185!  So, I am VERY HAPPY with the changes.  Reduction in prices over time IS very realistic in a value-pricing model.  

People who are willing to pay MORE, get it first!  Those willing to wait, get it at a discount.   Also, as those items get sold to the most active, they no longer need to buy them.  Again, prices go down to keep the sales up.  Basic supply/demand model.  IS this a guarantee to happen in GGE?  Of course not.  But, it is reasonable considering the track record.

As for @Damaden (US1) how did you feel about your purchase the day you bought it?  I bet you were EXCITED and very HAPPY that you achieved your goal!  A few days later, the price dropped.  Did your item suddenly CHANGE?  Are you getting a lower increase in units?  NO.  You got what you paid for.  

And you offer no argument against the idea that many of the thing in the master blacksmith are overpriced currently. All I see is you saying that we should be happy that GGE didn't bend us over for a change.
    Post edited by geniusguy (US1) on
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png

Now I want a refund

And you offer no argument against the idea that many of the thing in the master blacksmith are overpriced currently. All I see is you saying that we should be happy that GGE didn't bend us over for a change.
    That is because there ARE things in the MB that are CURRENTLY overpriced.  There are things in there that are priced about right, and there are things in there that are bargains.  Sounds like any mall to me........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Now I want a refund

That is because there ARE things in the MB that are CURRENTLY overpriced.  There are things in there that are priced about right, and there are things in there that are bargains.  Sounds like any mall to me........
    What would you say are things that reasonably priced? I would not call high end wall widgets fairly priced considering the fact that they are not small bonuses to your castles that help you perform a bit better. They are NECESSITIES for the way the game currently is. If you want even a small chance of holding the wall against an 11 wave attack (which are not uncommon by any means) you need them. Something that is a necessity should not be priced at such a high cost.
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png

Now I want a refund

What would you say are things that reasonably priced? I would not call high end wall widgets fairly priced considering the fact that they are not small bonuses to your castles that help you perform a bit better. They are NECESSITIES for the way the game currently is. If you want even a small chance of holding the wall against an 11 wave attack (which are not uncommon by any means) you need them. Something that is a necessity should not be priced at such a high cost.
    LOL!  It does not matter, as it will be my opinion versus yours.  I have no doubt that you would say that I am WRONG and what I say is "priced about right" is still way over priced.  As for what you call "Necessities", that is also a matter of opinion and game play.   While I have not been hit by an 11 wave attack, I have had a few 9 wave hits.  Even without the level 20 wall bonus, I somehow have survived to continue playing. 

If you choose to play in constant wars, then that item may be viewed as a "Necessity".  For me, it is a "nice to have".  Some people may not even want it.  Some folks always wanted to complete one or more of those old sets.  For them, they may be willing to pay more for those pieces than you or I.  

What about the not TOO recent past, when the God Coms and Casts were crazy expensive and only Ruby Whales purchased them?   Were they over priced?  Sure they were.  But, those who thought they were "Necessities" opened up the wallet and bought them.   WHY?  It was how they played the game.

IS it FAIR that some people spend money, buy boosts, get more Gold Coins, and upgrade faster than other people?  Again, it depends on your opinion.  IS it FAIR that some people IRL get to buy a Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita?  Well, only 3 were ever made, so that pushed the price up.  For a bit less, the Lamborghini Veneno is available.  While the most common car is the Toyota Corolla (Yes, I actually do own one with 191,000+ miles) for a much more reasonable price.  Don't forget the Tata Nano is one of the lowest priced options - that I would not be interested in.  These are all cars.  They all get from point A to point B.  The difference is "game play".

In my opinion, the MB is one of the best updates that GGE has made in a very long time. It has allowed MANY f2p Players, like ME!, to use parts of the game that had always been in the realm of the Buyer.  

Now, please tell me how everything should be simply given out to everyone, so it is fair....................
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• While the master blacksmith is by far one of the best additions that the game has ever had, there is one major flaw with it. Most of the items that you can purchase with gold pieces are extremely overpriced. The cost for things such as wall capacity and base food widgets is kinda justifiable considering the only other way to reliably get them is through the wheel of affluence, but even the cost of those is quite absurd it could easily take you a couple years of consistent play in order to buy enough lvl 20 wall widgets for all castles. The fact that the outdated unique equipment sets cost between 10,000 and 20,000 pieces is ridiculous. The entire sets should be in the 1-2k range realistically. You also have PO items that cost nearly a month's worth of pieces to just buy ONE and even then there are better po items for only 5k rubies each. Something else that is a overpriced are the military districts, an item that takes an even more ridiculous amount of time and pieces to obtain and the general consensus is that it is not worth purchasing unless you hypothetically in the late late game and looking for more room for PO items. However by far the most egregious of things you can purchase from the master blacksmith is the lvl 10 relic food production widget, which cost 50,000 gold pieces. The primary issue with that being that you can craft those on your own by using widget resources you buy with the superior currency which are silver pieces. It costs 20,495 silver to craft 1 lvl 10. You could potentially convert those 50,000 gold pieces into silver pieces and then make 7 of those widgets rather than using 50,000 gold pieces for one. Overall I would say that GGS needs to slash the prices for items you can buy with gold pieces by a large amount, and the current best way to actually spend them is to simply convert them into 3 silver pieces each unless you have no other way of obtaining the wall and base food widgets. 

So you think grinding for two months for one upgrade is fair? Using your own estimate that means 4-6 months for one max wall widget which is 60k gold pieces. If you take it a step further and want to put one in every castle that is the range of 2.5 to 3.5 years of grind. Using your estimate again it would take 10 months to get one military district. So no the current pricing is not fair. It is entirely unrealistic especially when you consider the fact that the game could easily be dead by the time someone gets a military district in all castles. The only thing in the entire gold piece shop that is actually close to fairly priced are relic pieces. Of course you could easily get more than your own estimates depending on how much you play, but even then the pricing is fairly ridiculous.

Consider how useful these things are, I, despite being f2p, think that this is fair.
  • The only thing I find unfair about the gold coin shop is the Level 15 wall capacity build item (there are probably others, but I can't speak to them).

Now I want a refund

Why are you comparing yourself to whales who can do 11 wave attacks. If you want to defend against whales, whale yourself and get the wall item easy from the affluence wheel. Could you guys stop complaining for once in your life? These prices used to be much, much higher before.
  • StylishSI (AU1)StylishSI (AU1) AU1 Posts: 135
    Smh some of y'all fr spend more time on forums than playing
    ~ AU1 Player ~ 

Recruiter of Lost Souls @ AU1

Smh some of y'all fr spend more time on forums than playing
    Some of us don't run constant trains that require being chained to the keyboard for hours on end........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Well the biggest joke on the Master Smithy is now the bottomless tools.  It has completely devalued the game as far as I'm concerned.

Endless Khan chests? A forever stream of horsetails? What a joke.  All I need to do is spend silver coins on those two and if I can just plug myself in for 12 hours a day I'll rack up some ridiculous score.  It also makes half the other tools worthless.

Why would you spend 10,000 coin on making 80 basic banners that give you +1% glory?  Who in their right mind is going to buy 100 foreign invader banners that give +4% for 65 silver? Or 100 hero's banners that give +3% glory for 34 silver? Just go the the Master Smithy and buy 100 horsetails for 17 silver that give +5% glory.  I'm no mathematical whizz but even I can see those other purchases are flawed in comparison.

Someone was having a toke on the strong stuff in an Amsterdam coffee shop when they came up with that idea.

Or I can just stock up on a stupid amount of Khan chests and train a Nomad camp for an hour.  Then spend the results on - you've guessed it - horsetails.

You used to have to plan, use skill, judgement and maybe take a risk or two to get a decent score in the FL, Crow or Nomad events.  Now you can just throw and endless amount of premium tools at them and it's just about how long you want to sit in front of the screen now.  I did 19 million glory in about three days on the last FL event without even really trying.

Killing the game IMHO.
    This IS their way of "balancing" things.  Spenders can drop large amounts of money to get the easy points.  Now, those with lots of TIME can now get easy points.  Does it dumb down the game?  YES.  But, the % of players who actually understand HOW the game works has been dropping for years.....
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Well the biggest joke on the Master Smithy is now the bottomless tools.  It has completely devalued the game as far as I'm concerned.

Endless Khan chests? A forever stream of horsetails? What a joke.  All I need to do is spend silver coins on those two and if I can just plug myself in for 12 hours a day I'll rack up some ridiculous score.  It also makes half the other tools worthless.

Why would you spend 10,000 coin on making 80 basic banners that give you +1% glory?  Who in their right mind is going to buy 100 foreign invader banners that give +4% for 65 silver? Or 100 hero's banners that give +3% glory for 34 silver? Just go the the Master Smithy and buy 100 horsetails for 17 silver that give +5% glory.  I'm no mathematical whizz but even I can see those other purchases are flawed in comparison.

Someone was having a toke on the strong stuff in an Amsterdam coffee shop when they came up with that idea.

Or I can just stock up on a stupid amount of Khan chests and train a Nomad camp for an hour.  Then spend the results on - you've guessed it - horsetails.

You used to have to plan, use skill, judgement and maybe take a risk or two to get a decent score in the FL, Crow or Nomad events.  Now you can just throw and endless amount of premium tools at them and it's just about how long you want to sit in front of the screen now.  I did 19 million glory in about three days on the last FL event without even really trying.

Killing the game IMHO.

Now couple that with the bestseller shop lmao.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file