Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Outer Realms Still a C%'#$'%#$k

2»

Comments

• geniusguy (US1)geniusguy (US1) US1 Posts: 946
    edited 30.08.2020
    looroll12345 (GB1) said:
    Outer Realms is the only way to gain a good amount of construction tokens, and they are vital for players in the main kingdom. Avoiding the event is therefore a disadvantage for players. 
    This is true.  However, how many tokens do you need to "win" in order to make it a successful trip?  Ending in the 10k - 25k level gives you 120 Construction and 1000 upgrade tokens.  That is enough to build a Greenhouse and upgrade it.  I forget how many it costs to get to Level 20, but that 1000 will get you pretty close.  Now, how much EFFORT does it take to end in the 10k-25k level?  NOT MUCH.  Just pop in for a few hits, keep your total higher than the 25k daily position, and you will EASILY get that.  What is the current Daily Heritage score for rank 25,000?  1,474.  That amount can be acquired in 2 or 3 hits.  If you keep it that low, you are not a big target for those in the high brackets.  

Even the 25k-50k bracket gives you 60 Construction and 800 Upgrade tokens.  Do ALMOST NOTHING, and you can get that.  Do ALMOST NOTHING twice, and you have a Greenhouse.  

If you want MORE, then DO more.  

But, if you expect to compete for the top prizes, then you DO have to buy your way up to it.  This is NOTHING new...…..
    Seems now I am at a extreme disadvantage now that I finally started playing the game again and you need to be top 10000 now instead LMAO rip
    No kidding, it is pretty much impossible to get any tokens unless you spend. The gap in the game has gotten massive in general. I took a two year break and came back and now I'm at a massive disadvantage because I missed that period of time where it would have been reasonably easy to obtain the tokens. Now I would likely have to either spend money or spend the week in outer.
    geniusguy @ wok of usa 1
    AuPt5sH.png
  • Back when top 50k would give you tokens the payout was a lot smaller.
  • neuterable (US1)neuterable (US1) US1 Posts: 757
    Back when top 50k would give you tokens the payout was a lot smaller.
    That means the reward has been made larger, for acting dishonorably, while the motivation for the targets to participate has been eliminated.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω
  • They are just squeezing the pips from a dying game, they care not a jot for their customers - just engage with the hilariously named 'customer support' and you'll understand first hand what an inconvenience you are to them. Disdain and contempt seems to be the party line. 

Honestly surprised that they haven't started auctioning kit off to the highest bidder, surely the next step?
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,092
    looroll12345 (GB1) said:
    Outer Realms is the only way to gain a good amount of construction tokens, and they are vital for players in the main kingdom. Avoiding the event is therefore a disadvantage for players. 
    This is true.  However, how many tokens do you need to "win" in order to make it a successful trip?  Ending in the 10k - 25k level gives you 120 Construction and 1000 upgrade tokens.  That is enough to build a Greenhouse and upgrade it.  I forget how many it costs to get to Level 20, but that 1000 will get you pretty close.  Now, how much EFFORT does it take to end in the 10k-25k level?  NOT MUCH.  Just pop in for a few hits, keep your total higher than the 25k daily position, and you will EASILY get that.  What is the current Daily Heritage score for rank 25,000?  1,474.  That amount can be acquired in 2 or 3 hits.  If you keep it that low, you are not a big target for those in the high brackets.  

Even the 25k-50k bracket gives you 60 Construction and 800 Upgrade tokens.  Do ALMOST NOTHING, and you can get that.  Do ALMOST NOTHING twice, and you have a Greenhouse.  

But, if you expect to compete for the top prizes, then you DO have to buy your way up to it.  This is NOTHING new...…..
    Seems now I am at a extreme disadvantage now that I finally started playing the game again and you need to be top 10000 now instead LMAO rip
    Still not very much effort needed to make top 10,000. Current one starting today is the building one.  So, this does take more time & effort that just signing up and logging off.  That is appropriate IMO.  

Still, learning how to play each version and following a plan can get you rewards........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Still not very much effort needed to make top 10,000. Current one starting today is the building one.  So, this does take more time & effort that just signing up and logging off.  That is appropriate IMO.  

Still, learning how to play each version and following a plan can get you rewards........
    The Masters of Might is a bit more reasonable, in that it doesn't suffer the Moral Hazard of the Heritage Hunter. It would still be suitable if it had at least Some Tokens for people in the lower forty thousand or so.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 647
    looroll12345 (GB1) said:

For a buyer it's sufficient to sign up, pay some money for a few mighty buildings, log off and be done for the whole event, guaranteed to end up high enough for the good rewards. Total time needed: ~1 minute.

For a nonbuyer it requires hours of grinding to even have a chance ending up high enough. Definitely not impossible, but still, the imbalance is way too big IMHO.
    Wiglema (NL1)
    looroll12345 (GB1) said:

For a buyer it's sufficient to sign up, pay some money for a few mighty buildings, log off and be done for the whole event, guaranteed to end up high enough for the good rewards. Total time needed: ~1 minute.

For a nonbuyer it requires hours of grinding to even have a chance ending up high enough. Definitely not impossible, but still, the imbalance is way too big IMHO.
    That the buyer can do as you stated and get decent rewards is very true.  But, that has always been the case.  Spend money to buy time has been at the heart of these games forever.

As a long-time non-buyer, I know what it takes to get rewards.  The only thing is how to define "high enough".  For me, the 8001 - 9000 bracket is "high enough".  The cost/reward of trying for  higher than that just isn't there........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Back when top 50k would give you tokens the payout was a lot smaller.
    That means the reward has been made larger, for acting dishonorably, while the motivation for the targets to participate has been eliminated.

Dishonorable? It is a game dude. If you complain so much, why not quit. I easily get top 10k without spending
    looroll12345 (GB1) said:

For those who doubt...........

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 979
    @Saif Ur Rahman (INT2) as someone who plays on the same server as @neuterable (US1) I think neuterable was referring to attacking someone with no chance in hell of defending the attack sent as being dishonorable.  In the sense that it's not sporting, not evil or scummy.  Not particularly fun for either party, but pretty much a necessity for the heritage hunter scoring.
    @Saif Ur Rahman (INT2) as someone who plays on the same server as @neuterable (US1) I think neuterable was referring to attacking someone with no chance in hell of defending the attack sent as being dishonorable.  In the sense that it's not sporting, not evil or scummy.  Not particularly fun for either party, but pretty much a necessity for the heritage hunter scoring.
    You nailed it. In a normal battle, on a normal server, a level 60+ hitting a level 11 would lose honor, because it is dishonorable. In Outer realms, heritage hunter, it is rewarded, just like any other attack.

• @Saif Ur Rahman (INT2) as someone who plays on the same server as @neuterable (US1) I think neuterable was referring to attacking someone with no chance in hell of defending the attack sent as being dishonorable.  In the sense that it's not sporting, not evil or scummy.  Not particularly fun for either party, but pretty much a necessity for the heritage hunter scoring.
    You nailed it. In a normal battle, on a normal server, a level 60+ hitting a level 11 would lose honor, because it is dishonorable. In Outer realms, heritage hunter, it is rewarded, just like any other attack.

I 100% agree with you, but even f2p's can get good ranks in heritage event. It all depends on technique and strategy and a bit of luck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file