Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

July update 2020 feedback discussion

Comments

• hionmentho (US1)hionmentho (US1) US1 Posts: 291
    It's honestly like you guys are trying to get people to quit.
  • ZoeZoe Moderator Posts: 16,811
    Zoe said:

Don't remove decos, I just did and they have vanished, not showing in storage.
    I’ve forwarded it...

Thanks, I can still see them via fusion forge, just not via storage to place them,
    Yeah, I know, I've told them so...

Looks like a little bit of a UI update that wasn't mentioned as well. Spy / battle reports and defense / attack setups are all a little different. Looks slick, but will take some getting use to.

I like districts and am glad more are coming out sooner rather than later. Only downside I can see is that people who spent rubies on look items for the buildings that go in there are now only gonna benefit from the small public order boost.
    Well, yeah, but that's the "issue" ever since the districts came... and it's up to everyone to decide if it's worth building it for them or not... 

What exactly in this update is making people quit? 
  • Zoe said:

Looks like a little bit of a UI update that wasn't mentioned as well. Spy / battle reports and defense / attack setups are all a little different. Looks slick, but will take some getting use to.

I like districts and am glad more are coming out sooner rather than later. Only downside I can see is that people who spent rubies on look items for the buildings that go in there are now only gonna benefit from the small public order boost.
    Well, yeah, but that's the "issue" ever since the districts came... and it's up to everyone to decide if it's worth building it for them or not... 

Did you guys/girls ever build one? :wink:
    Zoe said:

I personally (being... nicely said... "lazy" player) don't have one, I believe other mods may have it.
  • ken.n (US1)ken.n (US1) US1 Posts: 136
       We just had a survey where the overwhelming response had to be our concerns were to get the materials to upgrade the new builds so your response is to add several more builds that are most likely going to need construction tokens. Although I do like the idea of the new district buildings I will hold my comments on the other upgrades until 2025 when I have gotten them upgraded.
    ken.n @ usa 1
  • Achaean (US1)Achaean (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    edited 30.07.2020

Personally i think it's a waste of good rubies to buy those look items, why want a castle to look like a ship or dragon? But okay, you got a choice in that. 

But you forget the most important benefit of the districts? 

You can save a lot of space in your castle and make more room for decorations!    
    Not at all. Haven't forgot a thing. :) They're great. I pick up my fourth military district here in a couple days. I only mentioned it was a minor downside ( also noting it was the *only* downside ) that the customization options will no longer be visible, at least not to visitors. Only the person who owns the district can see inside it, so those looks will only be seen if you go in there to see them. Not a huge deal, but still a downside. I wasn't talking about the castle look on the world map, but the buildings in the castle. They do carry minor public order on them and give some ability to stand out.
    We give the enemy the maximum opportunity to give his life for his country.
    - Colonel Michael D. Steele
  • hionmentho (US1)hionmentho (US1) US1 Posts: 291
    Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

I’ve forwarded it...

Thanks, I can still see them via fusion forge, just not via storage to place them,

Literally everything GGE does now REQUIRES a massive amount of spending if you want to compete. This game sucks too hard for the average player to want to commit to spending just to be remotely competitive. 

Let's face it, GGE is just trying to suck whatever money they can out of their whales while the rest of the game dies. Player decline continues to accelerate and the average spender will probably just keep leaving making it worse.

Combine that with the shocking inability to close down fake Brazil accounts on the US server, the game is borderline unplayable. Seriously, my  business pales in comparison to the rev GGE pulls, yet I have better geo tracking than you guys??

If the developers and executives had any brains at GGE, they'd realize this and stop the current trajectory they're on right now.

• Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

I personally (being... nicely said... "lazy" player) don't have one, I believe other mods may have it.
    When having one and upgrading it, it will save you a lot of floor space in your main castles. Result can be at least  5 more decorations, when fully upgraded, so more public order and more grain. 

Those appearance items on the buildings maybe look nice, but they don't give extra grain, so worthless in my humble opinion. 

Those districts are very nice useful updates in the game!

Now we need a update that give us more ways to gather building and update coins for a fair price.

Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

I’ve forwarded it...

Literally everything GGE does now REQUIRES a massive amount of spending if you want to compete. This game sucks too hard for the average player to want to commit to spending just to be remotely competitive. 

Let's face it, GGE is just trying to suck whatever money they can out of their whales while the rest of the game dies. Player decline continues to accelerate and the average spender will probably just keep leaving making it worse.

Combine that with the shocking inability to close down fake Brazil accounts on the US server, the game is borderline unplayable. Seriously, my  business pales in comparison to the rev GGE pulls, yet I have better geo tracking than you guys??

If the developers and executives had any brains at GGE, they'd realize this and stop the current trajectory they're on right now.

I’m afraid you haven’t answered my question - which exact part of this update is so bad that if would make people quit? 
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the content is always perfect and I know that there were some... unlucky... updates (ages ago, my mod colleague said he’d quit if one of them went live and it went, so he really quit - so I know that even one update can be the “final drop” for some people), I just personally don’t think this one is bad - I’d even dare to say it’s one of the good ones... 

I myself am f2p, so I’m one of the people who are quite sensitive about things that give paying users huge advantage... but the content from this update is obtainable for everyone, so I don’t think it’s a big deal... will it take me more time than to the ones who pay? Yes, indeed. But why would you spend if it didn’t give you any advantage at all? So I think it’s fair - paying people will get it first, but others will eventually get it too... 

It’s true tokens aren’t easiest to get - it takes quite a lot of time... but the game isn’t meant to be “finished” (have everything maxed) in a month, it’s meant to take longer... and you can get them without spending (at least from league, I’m personally not a big fan of outers, so I won’t 100% guarantee they’re easy to get there for “free” - effort) - it’ll take longer, but once again, I think that’s fair.

About Brazilian accounts, that’s not really my business, as neither mods not CMs deal with this - that’s something you can report to support and they will deal with it accordingly...

Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

When having one and upgrading it, it will save you a lot of floor space in your main castles. Result can be at least  5 more decorations, when fully upgraded, so more public order and more grain. 

Those appearance items on the buildings maybe look nice, but they don't give extra grain, so worthless in my humble opinion. 

Those districts are very nice useful updates in the game!

Now we need a update that give us more ways to gather building and update coins for a fair price.
    I did not, at all, mean to say districts are bad :) I just said that if you value your buildings with special looks more than anything, you don’t have to build the district and you can let everyone be amazed by the skins of your buildings :D 

My personal “problem” with the district is that you have to upgrade it for it to be actually useful and save space first - which is why I will have to give it a second thought before actually buying it from blacksmith (to see if I want to buy district or build/upgrade other things first and district later)... but once again, I overall agree districts are a good thing, especially given we have some “new” and useful buildings taking up more and more space in our castles :) 
  • Brian888 (US1)Brian888 (US1) US1 Posts: 164
    only 150 1hr skips per Black Smith event SUCKS...!!! and they won't be renewed until after 6 days . I mean how do GGS thought that we will manage all the construction/nomads/sams with it ??
    and one hour nomad booster costs 7K rubies...it used to be just 1,999  rubies in the past 
  • There are a few people that consistently say updates are going to make people quit.  They never quit so I'm not sure why they think that.  Having buggy updates and announcements that are poorly worded is annoying but I'm a f2p 70/800 player.
    I'm getting way more than what I (don't) pay for and I love ruby spenders, even the ruby whales. 

Does it suck to get hammered by a ruby whale? Yes! But that is what fire castellans are for.
  • Sziasztok, a dekorációk nekem is eltűnnek, ha a Raktárba teszem őket.
    Látom, mások is így jártak + történt már valami ebben az ügyben?
    Üdv:
    Nevető
  • killdavies (GB1)killdavies (GB1) GB1 Posts: 579
    Is there a reason why the UI to delete troops has been moved? Also why are tools and troops on spy reports bigger and on a blinding white backround?

Proud General Kill Jun Davies And Stripper Of Pugnare admort2 Also The Rightful King Of Pugnare Admort2 - We Are Out Of Oil For Massages...Sorry Lou Lou

Join The Oddish Rebellion!

#BringBackUniqueEquipment....Lvl 3 gem in its place is worse than nothing at all put this in your signature if you agree

Currently boycotting rubies until the bakery update is revoked. A 77% inflation is definitely NOT reducing the price! I suggest you do the same.

• NewDèr (INT1)NewDèr (INT1) INT1 Posts: 5
    Hello All 

concerning the new update . what i don't like is the new look of commanders and combat report . because the numbers of casulties look now smaller i barely can seen them . and that's really annyoing .

i really hope to return the combat report and the commanders like they were before . 
  • Damaden (US1)Damaden (US1) US1 Posts: 69
    So according to Crom Crauch, the engineers have been toiling away on this update for the last several months. How about the engineers toil away at fixing whatever bug is causing the LPTE schedule to be broken and the samurai event to be perpetually bumped? I mean, what's the point of having samurai tools for sale in the blacksmith and displaying it in the LTPE schedule if it's not ever going to happen?
  • Heimdal (GB1)Heimdal (GB1) GB1 Posts: 28
    I 'm level 800 and can't find any of these promised new items like mead, skills, districts.   I'm missing something but I can't work out what. Looks like I broke something with the sick coloured icons they put that wasn't needed and the unnecessary repositgioning of the delete troops button.  How do  we access all this stuff.    
    Heimdal @ en 1
  • Lord Roj (GB1)Lord Roj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,125
    I 'm level 800 and can't find any of these promised new items like mead, skills, districts.   I'm missing something but I can't work out what. Looks like I broke something with the sick coloured icons they put that wasn't needed and the unnecessary repositgioning of the delete troops button.  How do  we access all this stuff.    

Look inside your HoL
    Lord Roj @ en 1
  • Plumpy21 (US1)Plumpy21 (US1) US1 Posts: 471
    @Zoe
    The biggest problem with adding towers/wall/moat to defense is that it takes so much time. The unfair part is that any person can buy +5 waves and get 1.2k troops on flank. You can't win a flank with 600-700 defenders on one flank with quick lime bombs. Nothing better to this game than seeing a 6.2k attack at your castles.

And with this update adding more troops to wall or giving you more defense at the sight of a huge attack, you can't get the towers/keep/wall/moat without spending atrocious numbers of construction/upgrade tokens. Meanwhile you can add +5 waves your attack for 7.8k rubies for 12 hours. Tell me how in the world that free to play players still have a chance.

Also, just a side note that my lower level players having a problem with. WHO IN THE WORLD THOUGHT THAT CASTLE GARDENS SHOULD BE LEGENDARY LEVEL 100 TO BUILD? WHO?
    Because who is building castle gardens after lvl 70 isn't eventing correctly, with nomads or sams.
    Just saying the bears and the lions get it in this game... 

What is the max hoarder level?

• SinMiedo (US1)SinMiedo (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    In the update notes it says that districts can be placed in outposts.  I tried to place the last military district I won in one of my outposts, and the game would not allow me to do it.  But I had no problem adding it to an outer kingdom castle.  Is this something that has been changed with the update, so that they can now be put in outposts?  Or does it only apply to the new trade district?
Sign In to comment.