Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

currency

today I received two messages from different accounts
both messages contained an offer to fix me an account with my own e-mail

due to different currency I would be able to buy offers which cost me now €100,- for the price of €25,-

now I don't understand how this works but if possible it feels like a big cheat and could also explain why some players reach unbelievable scores with events

anyone here who understands how this works?

Comments

• JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 851
    From what I've learned, pricing of rubies is determined by what country the account was founded in, due to currency conversion differences. I believe it was brazil and ukraine had the best deals? Anyway.

The point is that GGS gives different countries a leg up on each other because of their currency's value, people figured it out, and have been using VPNs to game the system.

I think @Philt123 (GB1) would be more able to fill you in on the details, he's written pretty extensively before about how it's a stupid practice
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • TempranceTemprance Moderator Posts: 856
    Hey,

Please keep in mind, using a VPN or any other means to "buy rubies for a cheaper price" can get you banned. It sounds like players messaged you such offers, and I would warn you not to share your personal details with anyone. They can compromise your account and/or email. Please report such accounts to our Support Team.

Temprance

Temprance @ usa 1
  • freezzz (NL1)freezzz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 26
    @temprance I have no intention to compromise anything

reporting these acc's has no use since they just start another acc and continue the practise

as I understand this issue has been reported and discussed before, but still exists

problem can be solved with maintaining same prices for eveyone maybe? it's just an suggestion

and then 2nd suggestion would be to maintain the cheaper prices :D
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,258
    today I received two messages from different accounts
    both messages contained an offer to fix me an account with my own e-mail

due to different currency I would be able to buy offers which cost me now €100,- for the price of €25,-

now I don't understand how this works but if possible it feels like a big cheat and could also explain why some players reach unbelievable scores with events

anyone here who understands how this works?
    This is a way for someone to steal your account, don't fall for it.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • freezzz (NL1)freezzz (NL1) NL1 Posts: 26
    @crom cruach don't worry I will not fall, I will continue to pay a ridicilous amount of money for offers when I choose to

I was surprised about this therefore I started this topic, since I didn't know in Brasil or Ukraine by example when JYT is correct in his (or her) response, priceratings are cheaper

first I thought there are only f2p and p2w players, but now I learned there are also pl2w (pay less to win) players

seems GGE provides the occasion for cheating in my opinion and they can fix this by making offers cheaper :pensive:

could you please address this issue as a moderator for me?

Sign In to comment.