Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

PvP versus Events..Separate Servers.

With all the talk amongst players about this touchy subject, it seems that each side seems to think their particular choice is the superior part of the game, and is keeping the other part alive. The problem is that both sides, PvP or events ideally need a separate set of rules to support that way of playing the game.
The way things are progressing at the moment the PvP way of playing and rules sets, are seen as the more aggressive, and if left unchecked will probably herald the decline of the GB1 server, and the event side of the game.This of course hasn't been helped by GGE hellbent on profit margins no matter at what cost to the game, and there continuous inclusion into the game of mostly ruby extra's in order to increase attack, and defence capabilities mainly associated with the PvP part of the game.
What I would ask of GGE at this time is to either split the server, or bring in another, with the option of players changing to an alternative such as GB2. The idea being to separate the 2 servers into.. 1 being a PvP only server, and 1 being an Event only server, and monitoring the play. This would prove.. a: which server is more popular, as against ..B: which is more productive.. It would also prove one way or the other which type of game that most gamer's want to play. As it stands at this moment in time there is a clear and real danger that one of the sides will bring about the destruction of the other(and that should be obvious), and once down would be the end of that server of Game of Empires. Once that was done it would be onto the next server and so on.

Comments

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 568
    think when you see the adverst years ago it was a war game.
    it never said events and said lets kick each others ar-ses .
    never said anything about buying rubies or troops said come inside
    and have fun.

fun went out few years ago 
  • I know a number of PvP players that also like events.  Perhaps an events only server and a mixed server would be better.  Or perhaps a different game.
  • Or perhaps some "war" alliances that are constantly at war and everyone else are considered "event" alliances. But of course this relies on the trust that the war alliances wouldnt hit the event alliances which is too much to ask from human beings.
  • Blitzkrieg (GB1)Blitzkrieg (GB1) GB1 Posts: 203
    edited 17.06.2020
    You talk about the decline of the GB server but you also want to split the playerbase into 2. So if you have a declining server now, you're going to have 2 dead ones with half the players there currently are. Goes against your own point, we don't need the community splitting anymore than it already is.

If anything, we need servers to merge to increase the volume of players.

• You talk about the decline of the GB server but you also want to split the playerbase into 2. So if you have a declining server now, you're going to have 2 dead ones with half the players there currently are. Goes against your own point, we don't need the community splitting anymore than it already is.

With the path that GGE is going down, merging servers isnt going to do anything. The game will still die. All that would do is extend the lifetime of the game by a few months maybe.
    You talk about the decline of the GB server but you also want to split the playerbase into 2. So if you have a declining server now, you're going to have 2 dead ones with half the players there currently are. Goes against your own point, we don't need the community splitting anymore than it already is.

With the path that GGE is going down, merging servers isnt going to do anything. The game will still die. All that would do is extend the lifetime of the game by a few months maybe.
    You have no clue how big the DE, FR and PL servers are then. Would extend it by a couple years most likely

• Druids (GB1)Druids (GB1) GB1 Posts: 173
    The whole point would be to show which is the stronger power base, as the pvp players say and act like they are the only saving grace to the game, and indeed say so.. Many disagree with that, and with some of the strong arm tactics involving limited or no rules wanted by those players, many see the demise of the game if continued that way. If the pvp players are so sure they are whats important, they wouldn't be afraid to stand on their own, with their..no rules..game..Which we all know would not happen.
    By you saying the player base would be split then you agree that its not all about pvp, and events have a place in the game. In that case then event players should have protection from those aggressive pvp players who dont want rules, but want relatively easy, farming targets, produced with a low, or no rules server.
    Even new players to the game realise eventually they need some rule protection, once they have grown in levels and have been burned a few times, or had rv's, lab's, mon's, op,s taken. Keep getting targeted by others looking for easy glory, resources etc, etc.Hence the inclusion of fair play rules, which allow for a more equal power base, by pandering to GGE's marketing strategy of more aggressive equipment etc, they are also lessening the protection those fair play rules bring, and indeed turn it into a pay to win game, with the highest payers winning the most.

been playing game for quite a few years now , and heard this from day one.
    I have been hit loads of times when lower level's didn't moan just thought one day
    when i'm higher level I might hit that person back. which i did quite a few times.
    it's part of growing in game and comes with what your playing a war game.

events get boring and most players know that and you don't have to attack the top end of 
    of players pick some round level you think you might have a chance and hit them.

some rules are good but some are pretty much garbage .
    why not send some tickets to gge and ask if they can stop all attacks in outers horizon storm
    and no hitting ops plus no hitting on sundays . and anyone hanging washing outside of main castle 
    can't be hit.

well happy days and just enjoy the game have fun 
    I wouldn't expect that sort of answer from an established Praet player, but times change especially if you are included in an alliance not likely to be that affected with any changes. If you keep in touch with the wanted changes to rules or rather lack of them you may see where its heading.
    From your response I wonder how much you do know about the game. Horizon was designed as a fully pvp international server, with prizes only available from there, you want those prizes you enter and fight, you do know where you are. Storm hits are only done in war, and that's upheld by all alliances, unless of course you meant, Berri. Your sarcasm is noted, however.
    I've never had an issue with pvp hits under the Fair Play rules, my issue comes from the implementation of the use of new changes incorporating extra waves, double hits, no cool downs and worse. Yes they say there will be some rules, but again, these seem to be fewer and also easily avoided or ignored at will. 
    I ask the same question, if you are not concerned, then why speak out against the the idea of a non pvp league, or even a more controlled pvp server. It would mean even more chances for you attack similar players, with the same likes...ah but of course that would also make you more easily attacked , by probably stronger players, especially as there would be fewer non pvp players to attack. You would have even more battles to look forward to..Think of your fun then..
  • KRUSHA (AU1)KRUSHA (AU1) AU1 Posts: 74
    Events bore me, and the repetition does my head in.
    Anything to encourage pvp is fine in my books, and many of my friends.
    I know what horizon and rest are all about. why should we be made to go to another kingdom for pvp
    don't get that part the game itself is about all kingdoms to conquer . 
    yes have some events but christs they are none stop these events.

you also don't know were I started in this game so yes might be in a top ranking
    alliance , but it took me over 6 years to get here so been at the lowest end and had all the fires 
    still have fires that's called war.

you can have your events and others get pvp who chooses which one someone enters YOU.
    because say a big ruby player doesn't want to do pvp for month or two and plays events wins all the time 
    you will moan about that.

come join the war now been fun laods of fires 
    What you are saying supports a split server, an either, or...If you had a split server you wouldn't have any arguments as it would be, pvp to your hearts content, and eventer's would have the same, both groups happy with what they had.
    Outers again was designed to give your group even more targets and wars, on an international basis, but with a larger more powerful, and aggressive opponent base.. The latter probably being why a lot of individual servers who like pvp, do not like outer's, as the hierarchy is different, which is exactly what eventer's feel like.

Your mention of ruby players winning events, this is not an occasional thing but a permanent ongoing thing, which is all to do with paying to win, top players and alliances always are in the top places for prizes, and the only way that would change would be to section the legendary players into leagues, but not as GGE do at present with the KL, which is supposed to be random, but isn't, and trying to make sense of opponents in the league is almost impossible.

Its the old adage if GGE told you to jump out of a window, would you do it!...They will always bring contentious things into the game, just to see the results, players don't have to buy them, if they do, it doesn't mean that they have to be used for that purpose if there are alternatives. GGE could change the usage of the extra waves whenever they wanted to, they could be only used in FC and Crows, GGE's favourites but prob wouldn't until it proved detrimental to their profits. 

What many players need to remember is that the player base at the moment is really big, brought about by the lock-down and pandemic, its also bringing about new accounts, unknown multi accounts, old multi accounts, returning players. What happens when it all goes back to normal, and suddenly everyone becomes aware of the lost players, who gave up and moved on. Who will you have to war with then. GGE could even merge a couple of servers together, that would be fun for you...lol.
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 871
    edited 19.06.2020
    pretty sure there are like major technical difficulties in merging/splitting servers.
    Anyway on US1, pretty much all war alliances are also event alliances. They play events to prepare for wars. If you really enjoy playing events so much, I'd recommend switching to Goodgame Big Farm.

Outers isn't really a PvP server either, a lot of it seems to be sitting around and farming players. Hard to do PvP at any meaningful level when everyone's level 15. 

You complain that ruby players are winning everything. Well, they should! They are paying real money, and should in turn be compensated with expedited progress, greater rewards and whatnot. Remember, ruby players are subsidizing your gameplay. That also ignores the fact that many top 250/100/50 players are not ruby buyers. Some people just have more patience for sitting at their computers, running trains, or prepare better.
    Play smarter, play harder, and/or spend more.

In conclusion: git gud
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,020
    Ez solution is to remove PvP fully out of the game who even enjoys that hell lets just remove defences as well cause we won't be needing that anymore as we'll just be eventing non-stop.

Druids, you like many other players choose to not partake in PvP rather running to the fair play rules made by players to serve event players and when alliances like Musks come knocking you kick up a storm in diplo looking for others sympathy when in reality event players are the ones who are killing the game by not staying up to date with their own accounts they're easy pickings for an established alliance so think before posting. 
    Thanks for the ammo..Imperius..

Musks are a recent event, and of course trying to justify crippling the server with your NO rules policy..Yep no rules. I can see a lot of fun in that as players leave the game hand over fist to get away from you, and you look around one day and find you got no one to fight but your own alliances. Knock yourself out, cause your not worth the energy to answer.
    I would ask that a moderator close this discussion, as it will now probably be a target for ridiculing and as they are now starting to post discussions from the diplomatic room, I feel it will no longer be of use...

The minority, killing it for the Majority..PvP being the minority..

Bye
    I would ask that a moderator close this discussion, as it will now probably be a target for ridiculing and as they are now starting to post discussions from the diplomatic room, I feel it will no longer be of use...

Bye
    If we're the minority why don't you gang up on us with 10 other alliances to beat us?

• Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,020
    Far as I'm aware we aren't breaking any rules fair play is player made not GGS unless I'm mistaken then, by all means, show me the ToS violation.
  • Joao Tomas (GB1)Joao Tomas (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157

Bye
    1vs1? you win musks will paly by fairplay rules, i win, you quit the game? deal?
    Deputy of The Musketeers
    All for one and one for all. United we stand, divided we fall.

www.muskshq.com

• Akasha (GB1)Akasha (GB1) GB1 Posts: 32
    @Druids (GB1) Let's be real, you want to hide behind the FPR of UK1 simply because you are not good enough and don't want this happening to you regularly

https://prnt.sc/t31zdy
    Your tears almost have my paddling pool filled, keep going : )
Sign In to comment.