Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beyond the Horizon - Feedback

Comments

• celle (NL1)celle (NL1) NL1 Posts: 135
    where is beyond the horizon?? after the update of today it's gone! there was an other day to play
    celle @ nl 1
  • andy60 (INT3)andy60 (INT3) INT3 Posts: 1
    Beyond the Horizon; it was the aim to defend your statues and gain statues. We as an alliance decided to have few players attack to get statues and others to defend the statues.
    Now the members who attacked get the reward's and the defenders of statues get NOTHING.

This is a big sham(scam), why get 5 players to defend a statue if only the 1 that attacks gets the reward's?????

I will not be fooled again an will not join in a sham again ....

hope more of you guy's protest this way so GGE realises it's wrong.
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 158
    Beyond the Horizon; it was the aim to defend your statues and gain statues. We as an alliance decided to have few players attack to get statues and others to defend the statues.
    Now the members who attacked get the reward's and the defenders of statues get NOTHING.

This is a big sham(scam), why get 5 players to defend a statue if only the 1 that attacks gets the reward's?????

The shrines get rotated too so the game wont know who was attacking\defending..

This is more enjoyable than the normal beyond to me as at least there is some strategy here not just buy the result..
  • When in Beyond the horizon, I participate for the rewards, however I find out very quick it is necessary to spend money to get any. If GGE motives were for the players and having a good game, I would think these outer events would not be so time restricted, and also have better side rewards that you can take back to the main empire with you for hard work. (Time restriction I feel only leads to impulse buys.) Otherwise, hard work doesnt pay off when someone who bought 4k ruby attackers can still steal all influence points from a whole alliance of people that arent willing to spend money. In the OR, there are daily tasks you can achieve without spending rubies(for the most part) However you only bring back a small handful of construction tokens compared to the thousand(s) you would get for giving the game $30. I think the methods of getting these build material in BTH should be available to all players and not just people that spend money, the daily tasks like in OR are a good start, but still very far from being fair.
  • Beyond the Horizon; it was the aim to defend your statues and gain statues. We as an alliance decided to have few players attack to get statues and others to defend the statues.

Yeah. Main problem is that only players who make points get rewards. Even if you make 1 point, you will get rewards while if you make none then you get nothing. So whether you are defending or attacking, at some point in time, have all of your members do a couple of attacks to get rewards.
  • bushed (AU1)bushed (AU1) AU1 Posts: 9
    Hate this event :((((((    so so imbalanced and I am unable to find any info on how to play the stuffed event
  • I play goodgame empire through chrome and whenever i go in the tangled wilderness server it keeps showing "Aw, snap" every 2 minutes. What should I do?
  • harrypotter77 (IN1) said:
    I play goodgame empire through chrome and whenever i go in the tangled wilderness server it keeps showing "Aw, snap" every 2 minutes. What should I do?
    Try the Cruciatus curse ?
    AmazingBrian7 @ en 1
  • how do I give leadership of capital to someone else?
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 367
    edited 07.06.2020
    Hello @Zoe, @Crom Cruach, @Poseidon X Angel, or anyone else who might have some insight   

1) I would like to know what this is all about. Why is there no information about our performance on the performance tab?

2) Why have new observation towers and city states only reformed around a few sections of the map today? This is extremely unfair to those of us who happen to be outside the areas of privilege.

Edit
    3) Why is the target's influence missing from our attack setup?

Edit Edit
    4) I have just tried to capture an outpost and keep getting a message that the event is finished. Why would this be since there is still more than 3 days to go? It is unfair that some players are able to capture outposts and build up their armies and other players are prevented from doing so. (sorry for the delay, I only just tried to do this)

Thank you in anticipation of your explanations.

Regards,
    Debbie

Post edited by eibbed62 (AU1) on
    eibbed62 @ au 1
    how do I give leadership of capital to someone else?
    You cant, first in has control and cant be swapped...
    Hello @Zoe, @Crom Cruach, @Poseidon X Angel, or anyone else who might have some insight   

1) I would like to know what this is all about. Why is there no information about our performance on the performance tab?

2) Why have new observation towers and city states only reformed around a few sections of the map today? This is extremely unfair to those of us who happen to be outside the areas of privilege.

Edit

Regards,
    Debbie

These faults have been around the last few beyond but gge dont seem to want to fix...

The non spawning of cities is why a lot of players dont play beyond anymore and its compounded when they are not in grids..
  • Tony C (INT1)Tony C (INT1) INT1 Posts: 39
    edited 09.06.2020
    how do I give leadership of capital to someone else?

You can't. Whoever joins the event first holds the capital and it can't then be changed. You need to plan beforehand with your alliance so that who you want to hold the capital is the first to join.
    Edit - sorry didn't notice this was already answered, and forum will not let me delete my post.
    Tony C @ WWW 1
  • I play goodgame empire through chrome and whenever i go in the tangled wilderness server it keeps showing "Aw, snap" every 2 minutes. What should I do?
    Can anyone please help me?
    Can anyone please help me?
    It could be your internet connection, To enter BTH, you need a very good internet connection and PC because there are several tens of thousands of players on the map. Sometimes your internet can get overloaded and everything breaks because it can not handle the sheer amount of data that it needs to access and process.
  • Poison (AU1)Poison (AU1) AU1 Posts: 14

Edit

Edit Edit
    4) I have just tried to capture an outpost and keep getting a message that the event is finished. Why would this be since there is still more than 3 days to go? It is unfair that some players are able to capture outposts and build up their armies and other players are prevented from doing so. (sorry for the delay, I only just tried to do this)

Regards,
    Debbie

@Zoe, @Crom Cruach?
    When are we gonna get an aswer to this? Horizon is kind of unplayable without knowing how much influence you'll get when attacking and when observation towers and city states only spawn in a few spots on the map.
    “We are especially proud of all the players who have been with us for many years. With over 250 content updates since the game launched in 2011, we have obviously kept the fun factor high.” GGE
  • gopher42 (US1)gopher42 (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    didn't read through all so if what I am about to write was already covered, I apologize in advance and would appreciate it if someone can point me to the results.

I have been trying to work with BTH and trying to find a way to play the game and still get the alliance into the top 1000. The problem I see is that unless we spend a lot of money on rubies and defend like there is no tomorrow, all the totals go down near to zero when the ruby whales hit you enough times usually in a single day. So no matter what we do and how many points we gather, they all go to waste. The only chance for the non-whales is to try to get as many points at the last day, defend the best you can and pray.

With the changes to the appearance of the cities (the ones that get you 100K points/idols) where they no longer show up for the last two or three days, there is no chance for the non-whales. Trying to survive one day is hard enough but two days is impossible.

Perhaps if the percent of points taken at each defeat can be lowered, that might help. The ruby whales will still hit and get to their top levels but at least it'll give the rest of us a chance. If not that, throw us a bone for being fodder. Otherwise, there's no point in playing or even spending a bit of money for ruby since the only way to get anything is to spend a lot.
  • JPJustPiantJP (IN1)JPJustPiantJP (IN1) IN1 Posts: 4
    edited 11.06.2020
    Haha play this one just to take half of your time.............
    And come next day to just see that your castle is burning......and all influence is lost
    The attacker: A MASSIVE RUBY WHALE.
    And the bugs  : No influence gained when trying to attack the top alliance's capital (there is nothing in the influence gained tab,but u get it still)
    I have seen this for the first time in my life, A browser game lagging without any network problems  :/ 
    Steps to be sucessful:
             i)Become a ruby whale.
            ii)Pull the slider to the maximum and buy every kind of units from the armourer.
           iii)Just attack some random guy, take some city states and be the man of the match....

SIMPLE ISN'T IT??
     >:)  >:)

Well I am just an average GoodGame Empire player ..........
    IF ANYONE SEES ME, DON'T ATTACK ME.  :)
                  PAY2WIN
                 ^
                 |
              BURN THIS THING ABOVE
Sign In to comment.