Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beyond the Horizon - Feedback

Comments

• Zoe said:
    See @Wiglema (NL1) this is how it will always be. If there is a bug in the game, the topic will be dealt with, when it comes to players who spend real money only to be shafted like @mazorini (SKN1) then the mods and their cohorts are nowhere to be seen. 

I simply replied to post I was tagged in... 
    Generally, whenever problem with payments/rubies happens, player needs to contact support, as there’s nothing we (mods) can do about it.
    On the contrary. I have read many times when mods/BMs/CMs have made it clear that they will get in contact and will let us know etc, I have read them myself. This means, not only are you the moderator for the board (I have been an admin sso, I know exactly what the job entails) but you act as an interface between ourselves, the players and Goodgame studios. Your job is to provide feedback whether it is constructive criticism or otherwise, it doesn't matter. Secondly, I did link my spreadsheets with regards to the rewards in BTH (it is only on page 22 so, not far to look) and this is NOT a ruby/payment issue, it is how the game is unfairly balanced where there are players who do their best (spending a few pounds/dollars/euros) and then stay up until the early hours to find out that they don't have the capacity to support themselves, all their attack troops are being slaughtered as quickly as they are recruited and in the end, they spent 5 euros, dollars or pounds for absolutely nothing. You only have to read @[email protected]"Wiglema (NL1)" post about the gems and how long it would take for you to realise that there is absolutely NO interface or communication between the players and GGE. This issue has to be addressed. If there is no communication, then how can things be resolved? I am not angry, just disappointed that GGE haven't scrapped storm that is outdated and replaced it with a new map for those over level 70 LL800 to build a castle, get some rvs and loot towers that give glue, cobblestones, nails, fabric, straw and timber. 

• The mods are not the issue. They usually forward players' concerns to GGS, be it sooner or later. But there, at GGS, it usually stops, unless the problem is negative for their income.

BTW, as a nonpaying player, I don't demand anything. Everything I report, is only in the hope that it may improve the game for every player, regardless whether playing or paying. Over the years, that hope is waning though...
    But do they though? I would just like some acknowledgement about the reward system, but they are happy to address bugs rather than the whole BTH system being flawed. I have read many posts about BTH, about its problems, its bugs. But as long as there are mugs or the naive who buy to win, what can we do.

• ZoeZoe Moderator Posts: 15,981
    Zoe said:
    See @Wiglema (NL1) this is how it will always be. If there is a bug in the game, the topic will be dealt with, when it comes to players who spend real money only to be shafted like @mazorini (SKN1) then the mods and their cohorts are nowhere to be seen. 

Generally, whenever problem with payments/rubies happens, player needs to contact support, as there’s nothing we (mods) can do about it.
    On the contrary. I have read many times when mods/BMs/CMs have made it clear that they will get in contact and will let us know etc, I have read them myself. This means, not only are you the moderator for the board (I have been an admin sso, I know exactly what the job entails) but you act as an interface between ourselves, the players and Goodgame studios. Your job is to provide feedback whether it is constructive criticism or otherwise, it doesn't matter. Secondly, I did link my spreadsheets with regards to the rewards in BTH (it is only on page 22 so, not far to look) and this is NOT a ruby/payment issue, it is how the game is unfairly balanced where there are players who do their best (spending a few pounds/dollars/euros) and then stay up until the early hours to find out that they don't have the capacity to support themselves, all their attack troops are being slaughtered as quickly as they are recruited and in the end, they spent 5 euros, dollars or pounds for absolutely nothing. You only have to read @[email protected]"Wiglema (NL1)" post about the gems and how long it would take for you to realise that there is absolutely NO interface or communication between the players and GGE. This issue has to be addressed. If there is no communication, then how can things be resolved? I am not angry, just disappointed that GGE haven't scrapped storm that is outdated and replaced it with a new map for those over level 70 LL800 to build a castle, get some rvs and loot towers that give glue, cobblestones, nails, fabric, straw and timber. 
    It depends on the issue - when it’s bug appearing for many, we of course forward it. When it’s something individual, we often try to report it too, however, in 90% cases we are told that the player needs to contact support to get the problem solved. With issues connected to payments/rubies, I dare to say it’s 100% (unless it’s global, like for example rubies from outers not being credited to anyone at all, after the end of event) - that’s why I dare to send people directly to support when payment issue occurs, without asking about it first... if you happen to know about case when individual payment issue was dealt with on forum, I’d love to see the post/thread about it, since it would mean someone has been hiding something from me this whole time :sweat_smile: (I can only imagine this happening several years ago, when each forum had their own language CM who was in closer contact with respective language support - but even at these times, I remember players were required to create a ticket).
    From what I know, being mod/admin for different games (forums) brings kind of different tasks - somewhere mods get certain ingame rights, here we don’t have these. But I agree we are supposed to be here to provide communication between players and company (however, if we get back to original role of mods on Goodgame empire forums, we were there only to answer questions and to “keep forums clean”, the additional duty to forward feedback only came when we lost majority our community managers). 

As I mentioned, I only reacted to post I was tagged in - I’m not mod of English forum and I have enough posts on my forum to read. On top of that, my exam period starts next week and I don’t have time to read the whole thread if it’s not necessary - and I believe that after being tagged in just one post that has no direct connection to previous discussion, it is not necessary. 

Now to the “core” of the problem. I agree communication is important - that’s why I when forwarding something also write comment informing players I did it. However each mod has different approach, some prefer to do their job more “in silence” and don’t always feel the need to write a comment about what exactly they’re doing. Also, it’s important to remember that we do this in our free time, as a volunteers. English forum is bigger than Czech&Slovak and I can imagine reacting on most threads would be very time-consuming and I don’t think it’s fair to be mad at mods for not reacting on most threads, if they simply happen not to have enough free time for this. 

I don’t have exact overview of what English mods forward, as big part of the feedback is being submitted separately for each forum, however there were complains about the new building items being overpriced from most communities and I can assure you that Poseidon also forwarded the numbers (I don’t know if he got it from forum out somewhere else, but it shouldn’t matter that much, as the result is the same - numbers were forwarded, as well as information about players being very dissatisfied about the prices). Also the topic about unfairness of BTH was raised, I’m not sure by whom exactly anymore. 

I believe this is something I have no right to judge/say how it should be, as I’m just a visitor (pretty much just defending myself) here... that’s something you have to solve with your mods, based on your preferences and their abilities (by “abilities” I mean mostly time they have to be able to grant your wishes). But I can tell you that both mentioned points were forwarded, even if you might have not been informed about it. 

And about Storm islands, it should be reworked (I’m not sure as the whole event, but at least rewards) - it’s something we have mentioned several times and we were told changes will happen... when, I have no idea.
  • Zoe said:
    Zoe said:

It depends on the issue - when it’s bug appearing for many, we of course forward it. When it’s something individual, we often try to report it too, however, in 90% cases we are told that the player needs to contact support to get the problem solved. With issues connected to payments/rubies, I dare to say it’s 100% (unless it’s global, like for example rubies from outers not being credited to anyone at all, after the end of event) - that’s why I dare to send people directly to support when payment issue occurs, without asking about it first... if you happen to know about case when individual payment issue was dealt with on forum, I’d love to see the post/thread about it, since it would mean someone has been hiding something from me this whole time :sweat_smile: (I can only imagine this happening several years ago, when each forum had their own language CM who was in closer contact with respective language support - but even at these times, I remember players were required to create a ticket).
    From what I know, being mod/admin for different games (forums) brings kind of different tasks - somewhere mods get certain ingame rights, here we don’t have these. But I agree we are supposed to be here to provide communication between players and company (however, if we get back to original role of mods on Goodgame empire forums, we were there only to answer questions and to “keep forums clean”, the additional duty to forward feedback only came when we lost majority our community managers). 

As I mentioned, I only reacted to post I was tagged in - I’m not mod of English forum and I have enough posts on my forum to read. On top of that, my exam period starts next week and I don’t have time to read the whole thread if it’s not necessary - and I believe that after being tagged in just one post that has no direct connection to previous discussion, it is not necessary. 

Now to the “core” of the problem. I agree communication is important - that’s why I when forwarding something also write comment informing players I did it. However each mod has different approach, some prefer to do their job more “in silence” and don’t always feel the need to write a comment about what exactly they’re doing. Also, it’s important to remember that we do this in our free time, as a volunteers. English forum is bigger than Czech&Slovak and I can imagine reacting on most threads would be very time-consuming and I don’t think it’s fair to be mad at mods for not reacting on most threads, if they simply happen not to have enough free time for this. 

I don’t have exact overview of what English mods forward, as big part of the feedback is being submitted separately for each forum, however there were complains about the new building items being overpriced from most communities and I can assure you that Poseidon also forwarded the numbers (I don’t know if he got it from forum out somewhere else, but it shouldn’t matter that much, as the result is the same - numbers were forwarded, as well as information about players being very dissatisfied about the prices). Also the topic about unfairness of BTH was raised, I’m not sure by whom exactly anymore. 

I believe this is something I have no right to judge/say how it should be, as I’m just a visitor (pretty much just defending myself) here... that’s something you have to solve with your mods, based on your preferences and their abilities (by “abilities” I mean mostly time they have to be able to grant your wishes). But I can tell you that both mentioned points were forwarded, even if you might have not been informed about it. 

And about Storm islands, it should be reworked (I’m not sure as the whole event, but at least rewards) - it’s something we have mentioned several times and we were told changes will happen... when, I have no idea.
    I will respond to this post in full later on. However, I would just like to mention that, I have never seen a moderator post such an intelligent piece as the one above. If the game had more CMs, BMs and Moderators like you, then the forum community would be a very happy place. The default response from those guys is "go contact support." You went beyond that and responded in full. Thank you very much!

• Tony C (INT1)Tony C (INT1) INT1 Posts: 39
    edited 15.05.2020
    Storm, and how many resources you need to max out build items are the least of the concerns in this game.
    The bigger problem which many players have been raising for a long time are:
    1) The hugely uneven advantages ruby players have over non ruby players. Not just in BTH (which is what this thread was about) but everywhere in the game. All you have to do to win an event is spend enough. Just spend and buy ttens of thousands of troops and the best tools and equipment, what chance to other players have. This seriously needs to be rebalanced, there needs to be limits on how much can be bought. I don't players buying and getting some advantage, but not to the extreme levels they are can now. It's also why a lot of players join but don't compete or play outer realms. Within minutes of joining you get attacked by L70 players who have leveleed up almost immediately.
    The game needs ruby and non ruby plyers to survive but soon it will be only the ruby players left as other players don't have a chance to compete anywhere. Every single event is like this.
    2) Multi-accounts. A few years back GGS said they were going to get tougher on cheating. Everyone here knows and sees so many high level players are multi-accounting. You might have stopped some og the exploits (eg lotting bonuses) but you have not stopped the root cause.

Until they fix these two things, the rewards in Storm, and cost of build items, are almost irrelevant. 
    Post edited by Tony C (INT1) on
    Tony C @ WWW 1
  • Storm, and how many resources you need to max out build items are the least of the concerns in this game.
    The bigger problem which many players have been raising for a long time are:
    1) The hugely uneven advantages ruby players have over non ruby players. Not just in BTH (which is what this thread was about) but everywhere in the game. All you have to do to win an event is spend enough. Just spend and buy ttens of thousands of troops and the best tools and equipment, what chance to other players have. This seriously needs to be rebalanced, there needs to be limits on how much can be bought. I don't players buying and getting some advantage, but not to the extreme levels they are can now. It's also why a lot of players join but don't compete or play outer realms. Within minutes of joining you get attacked by L70 players who have leveleed up almost immediately.
    The game needs ruby and non ruby plyers to survive but soon it will be only the ruby players left as other players don't have a chance to compete anywhere. Every single event is like this.
    2) Multi-accounts. A few years back GGS said they were going to get tougher on cheating. Everyone here knows and sees so many high level players are multi-accounting. You might have stopped some og the exploits (eg lotting bonuses) but you have not stopped the root cause.

Until they fix these two things, the rewards in Storm, and cost of build items, are almost irrelevant. 
    Then you haven't understood the point of what I was trying to say then. I will repeat it for clarity. Ruby players or non-ruby players, this is something that we will have to come to terms with. It has been like this for a decade and nothing will change. You do realise that what you are typing in point 1, is hugely relevant to your own main account don't you? This means that other ruby players will always have a major advantage over non-ruby players. The only thing that is different is that level 70s don't attack anyone below their own level, BTH is a free for all. Secondly, players levelling upto level 70 immediately in BTH. That comes as no surprise to me. You do realise that players in the "Main game", are capable of getting to level 70 in a matter of a couple of days too. All this because the architect is no longer a feature. If it was, it would stop players levelling up quickly.

Now, as for storm, it is an irrelevant and outdated event, with totally outdated equipment. It serves no more purpose at all apart from getting a few aqua and for doing achievements, apart from that, it is no longer irrelevant. 

The problem with BTH is that it is located on another server that is temporary and it has space for around 50,000 active players. In the last edition of BTH, there were just over 27,000 players which is just over 50% of the servers maximum allowed. When it first started, it was a great idea, new materials to get to build relic food build items and now, the new build items that give 60% flanks, front, cy and the 20% melee and 20% ranged. Tell me, how many participations do you think you would need to get the available resources to complete that lot? I should imagine a great deal of time, money and patience, where some players actually invest a little bit of cash, only to find out the next day that either a) they didn't win anything or b)they did win something but the rewards haven't arrived. This for me is a bug and with every edition of BTH or Outers, there are bugs galore.

Which brings me to the next point about storm again. GGE is losing a massive amount of players who are level 70, Legendary Level 800, Hall of Legends 550. All these players have maxed out their XP so, the only thing to play for is glory. Now, to try and entice those who left and to try to keep those from leaving, it would be best to change the storm map completely, put in place a map exactly like green, ice, sands and fire. It would be copied onto each server with the same X, Y co-ordinates. This has been done before with ice, sands and fire and without any hassles, with no bugs, nothing. Then, those who have reached a certain level i.e. level 70, LL800, Hall of legends 550, can finallybuild up a castle in this new world, where they can hit towers that start from level 55 upwards to level 100. These towers can give out Timber, glue, cobblestones, nails, fabric and straw little by little. However, once you get up to the level 90s, you will see the quantity increase. This is all that is needed to get the rewards, scrap BTH and everyone will be happy.

Then you haven't understood the point of what I was trying to say then. I will repeat it for clarity. Ruby players or non-ruby players, this is something that we will have to come to terms with. It has been like this for a decade and nothing will change. You do realise that what you are typing in point 1, is hugely relevant to your own main account don't you? This means that other ruby players will always have a major advantage over non-ruby players. The only thing that is different is that level 70s don't attack anyone below their own level, BTH is a free for all. Secondly, players levelling upto level 70 immediately in BTH. That comes as no surprise to me. You do realise that players in the "Main game", are capable of getting to level 70 in a matter of a couple of days too. All this because the architect is no longer a feature. If it was, it would stop players levelling up quickly.

I understand what you are trying to say. But I still say that changing Storm is just rearrranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.
    Ruby players vs non-ruby players, yes there always has been a gap with the advantages you get. But the gap now is bigger than it has ever been before. Even 2 or 3 years ago it wasn't like now. You now have look items that give you 8 waves of attack, or defence, they never existed before. You can buy virtually unlimited troops. There was an offer a week or so ago for I think 999,999 rubies with a extremely high level full relic set. BTH, OR, just go any buy all the offers and the non-ruby players have no change to compete, that's why the numbers on those events are much lower - and even of those numbers, many are players who join the map but then do nothing. Non ruby players know the ruby players should be allowed to buy a bit of an advantage but it shouldn't be this great.
    Fix or change Storm as you say, sure, but the game has much bigger problems than that, to fix. Otherwise there won't be many players left to even play storm.
    Tony C @ WWW 1
  • Achaean (US1)Achaean (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    edited 15.05.2020
    I never thought to ask this before, but I'm a little cloudy on how the new build items actually work. They are the first of their kind, after all ( offensive build items ), so they're not as straightforward as the older ones before them.

It states that you may have 1 of each build item per castle in the tooltip. So, with that in mind, does it mean that only armies originating from a castle with a 60% attack strength in courtyard item ( I know, I know...as if... ) benefit from it, or that all armies everywhere benefit from it? If the latter, then wouldn't that mean you could stack these build items for an increased bonus across all castles? Or perhaps it's just a tooltip / communication error and it's meant to only be 1 build item of this type per account? After all, the build item that goes on the encampment for increased flank numbers can only be applied in the main castle.

@Crom Cruach
    @Poseidon X Angel
    Post edited by Achaean (US1) on
    We give the enemy the maximum opportunity to give his life for his country.
    - Colonel Michael D. Steele
  • LegendaryKing73 (GB1)LegendaryKing73 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 438
    edited 15.05.2020

I understand what you are trying to say. But I still say that changing Storm is just rearrranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.
    Ruby players vs non-ruby players, yes there always has been a gap with the advantages you get. But the gap now is bigger than it has ever been before. Even 2 or 3 years ago it wasn't like now. You now have look items that give you 8 waves of attack, or defence, they never existed before. You can buy virtually unlimited troops. There was an offer a week or so ago for I think 999,999 rubies with a extremely high level full relic set. BTH, OR, just go any buy all the offers and the non-ruby players have no change to compete, that's why the numbers on those events are much lower - and even of those numbers, many are players who join the map but then do nothing. Non ruby players know the ruby players should be allowed to buy a bit of an advantage but it shouldn't be this great.
    Fix or change Storm as you say, sure, but the game has much bigger problems than that, to fix. Otherwise there won't be many players left to even play storm.
    You have totally misunderstood what I am trying to say, again. Storm is an oudated event, that is temporary and resets every single month, yet it is a fixed map on every single players account. BTH or outers for that matter are on another server, which is whole new ball game. There are so many glitches and bugs that it is unreal.

How many times have you seen bugs in storm, how many times have you seen glitches in storm? Personally, I play very little of storm but, from what I have seen, there are no bugs and no glitches that I have noticed. Why? Simply because the storm that you play on, I play on or anyone else for that matter is saved on your game server, just as it is green, ice, sands and fire. Now this is where I get to the point, to which I feel 'with all due respect of course', is where you are failing to grasp the issue.

Storm is a fixed map on each server be it US1, FR1, DE1, UK1, it doesn't make any difference. A bit like berimond, you go onto a map and there are very few, if any glitches are found (in my time playing, none have been found.) Why? Simply because berimond is exactly the same on the aforementioned servers. They are fixed, there are no moving of accounts etc.
    This is why it would be a great idea to basically put BTH to the side for a few months, and then create a map with a different colour, different forts, different NPC towers, basically like ice, sand and fire. Players who are at a certain level can start building a new castle and looting cobblestones, fabric, glue, nails, straw and timber from the NPC towers and fortresses. Starting from a relatively high level, these towers could give a pretty decent amount i.e. 100 timber down to 1 or 2 fabric, and then with increasing levels, they get harder, but the new materials give out even more materials and why not set a ceiling of 25-30 rubies on average, per tower hit. There would be no glitches, there would be no bugs because the map itself would be on the dedicated server with regards to the region or country.

Edit:

Something like this 

@Zoe

You have totally misunderstood what I am trying to say, again. Storm is an oudated event, that is temporary and resets every single month, yet it is a fixed map on every single players account. BTH or outers for that matter are on another server, which is whole new ball game. There are so many glitches and bugs that it is unreal.

How many times have you seen bugs in storm, how many times have you seen glitches in storm? Personally, I play very little of storm but, from what I have seen, there are no bugs and no glitches that I have noticed. Why? Simply because the storm that you play on, I play on or anyone else for that matter is saved on your game server, just as it is green, ice, sands and fire. Now this is where I get to the point, to which I feel 'with all due respect of course', is where you are failing to grasp the issue.

Storm is a fixed map on each server be it US1, FR1, DE1, UK1, it doesn't make any difference. A bit like berimond, you go onto a map and there are very few, if any glitches are found (in my time playing, none have been found.) Why? Simply because berimond is exactly the same on the aforementioned servers. They are fixed, there are no moving of accounts etc.
    This is why it would be a great idea to basically put BTH to the side for a few months, and then create a map with a different colour, different forts, different NPC towers, basically like ice, sand and fire. Players who are at a certain level can start building a new castle and looting cobblestones, fabric, glue, nails, straw and timber from the NPC towers and fortresses. Starting from a relatively high level, these towers could give a pretty decent amount i.e. 100 timber down to 1 or 2 fabric, and then with increasing levels, they get harder, but the new materials give out even more materials and why not set a ceiling of 25-30 rubies on average, per tower hit. There would be no glitches, there would be no bugs because the map itself would be on the dedicated server with regards to the region or country.

Edit:

Something like this 

@Zoe

Sorry but I understand exactly what you are trying to say, about Storm, the new events, and the rewards, the time to get enough resources to build/upgrade etc. All those points are still valid. My point and opinion was, and still is, that there are much bigger problems in this game to worry about than Storm that GGS should deal with first, and they should put more of their efforts into that. If you ask why most people are unhappy with the game and are considering leaving - or those who have already had - it will be the huge gap between ruby/non-ruby players, and the multi-account cheating. Not Storm, or the resource rewards we get from events, and how long it will take to earn enough to get any meaningful upgrades.
    Tony C @ WWW 1

• You have totally misunderstood what I am trying to say, again. Storm is an oudated event, that is temporary and resets every single month, yet it is a fixed map on every single players account. BTH or outers for that matter are on another server, which is whole new ball game. There are so many glitches and bugs that it is unreal.

Edit:

Something like this 

@Zoe

Sorry but I understand exactly what you are trying to say, about Storm, the new events, and the rewards, the time to get enough resources to build/upgrade etc. All those points are still valid. My point and opinion was, and still is, that there are much bigger problems in this game to worry about than Storm that GGS should deal with first, and they should put more of their efforts into that. If you ask why most people are unhappy with the game and are considering leaving - or those who have already had - it will be the huge gap between ruby/non-ruby players, and the multi-account cheating. Not Storm, or the resource rewards we get from events, and how long it will take to earn enough to get any meaningful upgrades.
    If you don't understand the points I am trying to make, then that is on you. However, you seem to contradict yourself by saying you don't understand (1st bolded statement) and then stating that the points are valid (2nd bolded statement.)

The 3rd bolded statement holds true now, and it has always held true, ever since the conception of this game back in 2011 for the German public, then mainstream in 2012. Players on UK1 had over 500k of rubies, compared to other players who had to loot them. However, those days, it was a pretty much a fair fight as far as incomings and outgoings were concerned. Today, there is no way to compete with players who spend money to buy a 1,000,000 ruby relic PvP commander. So, the idea that the gap between ruby players and non-ruby players is not a new thing and never will be. In fact, thanks to our ruby friends who contribute a great deal, we all have the option to get silver coins/gold coins to get what were considered a long time ago, ruby products. I mean, when was the last time you could buy 5,400 shield walls? You'd have to be rich if you had to buy them with rubies alone. Nowadays, the free to play players have it a great deal easier than those who had to play against the ruby whales back in 2012.

As for the 4th bolded statement, this is an entirely different issue and as such, it has no place with regards to beyond the horizon event. It never has and it never will be. If there is a problem about multi-accounting and if you know players that do, then you need to do the following:

Then:

Click on "I want to report another player."

Then you need to do the following:

Then finally you do this:

I used your name for an example so, don't worry. Just remember though that this thread is about BTH, not multi-accounts, password sharing, botting or chargebacks.

I hope that helps.

Think you better re-read what I typed, I did not contradict myself, my first point said sorry I do understand your points (you tried to quote me as saying I did not understand). I've never disagreed with your points.
    My point though is there are much bigger problems they need to fix in the game over and above the ones you hgave raised, and I still stand by that opinion. So instead of changing BTH or OR, or changing Storm, or improving rewards, or thinking up a new event, they should put their efforts into the issues that more players most often complain about and have for years, such as the ones I mentioned.
    And yes I know that form to report players through, but I expect and want GGS to do more themselves to stop this happening. There are many things they could do to stop multi-accounts, but they choose to do very little and just rely on players to report others, rather than being proactive themselves.
    Tony C @ WWW 1
  • https://prnt.sc/sif8zc

very nice com to be fair on an attack that thankfully could have been balance better and properly tooled.  Given though that this attack is against a lvl 26 player someone needs to explain what chance the average rube has in outers because it strikes me that in reality its an auction not a game...

Edit:

Something like this 

@Zoe

This actually looks quite interesting, forwarded :)
  • Zoe said:

Edit:

Something like this 

@Zoe

Hi Zoe and many thanks for getting back to me on the issue. If you have forwarded it, then I am pleased, but I also did what you advised me to do and actually contacted GGE support via "bugs/issues", part of support. This was my message:

Hello,

This is a concern of mine about Beyond the Horizon (Tangled Wilderness.)

I'll get straight to the point. Is it possible for you to temporarily suspend the BTH, get rid of storm since this map is not that great anymore, the equipment is obsolete, and the rewards are not great and because of this, the player base is dwindling. Further to that, there were around 27,000 active players in BTH, with a maximum limit of 50,000.which by my calculations is 54% of the active player base.

Here is a link to a post that was posted recently with the regards to the rewards at the end of BTH, to which many players or alliances for that matter have no chance of getting. Further to that, the amount of fabric needed to create 70 3k relic food build items, 60% flanks, 60% courtyard, 60% front, 20% melee and 20% ranged is in excess of 28,000 fabric, to which the winning alliance only gets 190 fabric so, even for the top alliance, it is going to be tough. There are even bugs in every single edition, be it Outers or BTH.

So, wouldn't it be in your best interests to actually get rid of strorm, which is a dedicated map on each dedicated server and replace it with a new and improved map that is similar to green, ice, sands and fire. Have the NPC towers go upto level 100, and players can attack these towers to loot materials such as cobbelstone, nails, timber, glue, fabric and straw. Put in a level cap where only level 70s, LL800s and Hall of Legends 550 can only access. This will give those players a new purpose to continue.

I will include a picture of what looting an NPC could do for those players in a new kingdom, I mean, ice, sands, fire, storm and beri have never had any issues or bugs because each is on its own dedicated server with regards to the community that is playing i.e. US1, Asia1, Fr1, DE1 and UK1.

I hope you'll get back to me because, I am pleased with the game, but not pleased with the idea of having to go to a temporary server with known issues when you could replace the storm map with another that gives BTH materials, no bugs, no issues.

I look forward to your response.

Many thanks in advance."

So, I contacted support because I think it is a viable option that may help all those carry on instead of trying to think whether to stay, or leave the game completely, a game that has played a major role in many peoples lives.

Thank you.

• Aegon Targaryen (INT2)Aegon Targaryen (INT2) INT2 Posts: 113
    edited 19.05.2020
    I also suggest again an idea in which we can get our time skips back from outers and horizons like we get our rubies back.

I mean why do GG let us get rubies that we earned or baught and not skips, maybe even resources including gold etc. I mean we really earned it or baught there like everything else, its just ridiculous to get robbed like that every single week.

We invested money and time to get everything and then we get robbed after event. Its a shame how much skips wasted there and ruined for nothing and we already all players on every server have probs with skips, skips are the currency that is never enough in the game really.

Imagine going to festival, playing games enjoyin, investing time and money to have fun, playing wheel of fortune, get some gifts and rewards, then u want to go home and in the entrance people saying hej hej give back your rewards, u can carry your money that was already yours but other rewards u must get back cause we want to throw it in the garbage !??

Reconsider this please, hope on of the mods will mention this to their superiors...

P.S. I really like idea about making new map on the main game and expend it to give us chance to loot new things like these new materials etc bcs as we calculated everything about new items and materials, we will never finish 30% of new items and not to talk abt more, so making it more available to others would be great idea that will attract people to play more cause they have to play for something, that would be great thing and move for players.

• LegendaryKing73 (GB1)LegendaryKing73 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 438
    edited 20.05.2020
    Well, at least I got a reply, though I don't know whether it is a default or not. We'll see. Here is the body of the message:

Hi 

Your ideas and suggestions are extremely important to us as we rely on happy and satisfied players. I will therefore pass on your comments to the relevant department and we will assess whether or not we can put something new in place. 

Whilst we sadly cannot implement changes based on every player’s feedback, your comments will gladly be passed on and taken into consideration. Any changes which may make it to the game will be announced in our official update posts on our forums (www.goodgamestudios.com/community/), and you can discuss any and all changes here too. 

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns to raise in future. I hope you will continue to play and enjoy your time with us!

Many thanks,
    Barry

At least it looks positive.

Zoe said:

Edit:

Something like this 

@Zoe

Hi Zoe and many thanks for getting back to me on the issue. If you have forwarded it, then I am pleased, but I also did what you advised me to do and actually contacted GGE support via "bugs/issues", part of support. This was my message:

Hello,

This is a concern of mine about Beyond the Horizon (Tangled Wilderness.)

I'll get straight to the point. Is it possible for you to temporarily suspend the BTH, get rid of storm since this map is not that great anymore, the equipment is obsolete, and the rewards are not great and because of this, the player base is dwindling. Further to that, there were around 27,000 active players in BTH, with a maximum limit of 50,000.which by my calculations is 54% of the active player base.

Here is a link to a post that was posted recently with the regards to the rewards at the end of BTH, to which many players or alliances for that matter have no chance of getting. Further to that, the amount of fabric needed to create 70 3k relic food build items, 60% flanks, 60% courtyard, 60% front, 20% melee and 20% ranged is in excess of 28,000 fabric, to which the winning alliance only gets 190 fabric so, even for the top alliance, it is going to be tough. There are even bugs in every single edition, be it Outers or BTH.

So, wouldn't it be in your best interests to actually get rid of strorm, which is a dedicated map on each dedicated server and replace it with a new and improved map that is similar to green, ice, sands and fire. Have the NPC towers go upto level 100, and players can attack these towers to loot materials such as cobbelstone, nails, timber, glue, fabric and straw. Put in a level cap where only level 70s, LL800s and Hall of Legends 550 can only access. This will give those players a new purpose to continue.

I will include a picture of what looting an NPC could do for those players in a new kingdom, I mean, ice, sands, fire, storm and beri have never had any issues or bugs because each is on its own dedicated server with regards to the community that is playing i.e. US1, Asia1, Fr1, DE1 and UK1.

I hope you'll get back to me because, I am pleased with the game, but not pleased with the idea of having to go to a temporary server with known issues when you could replace the storm map with another that gives BTH materials, no bugs, no issues.

I look forward to your response.

Many thanks in advance."

So, I contacted support because I think it is a viable option that may help all those carry on instead of trying to think whether to stay, or leave the game completely, a game that has played a major role in many peoples lives.

Thank you.
    Sorry for late reply (I'm busy with exams)...

I am pretty sure that they won't get rid (or even temporarily stop) BTH, as creating the event cost them something and naturally, as a company, they want to get some profit from it - but considering that you don't have to join if you don't want to, I don't see it as an issue: who wants to join joins, who doesn't want to simply doesn't join. 
    What I see as possible issues is that if you don't join the event, you are not able to get the "new" materials (as they're exclusively just in BTH/Outers) - this would be solved by your suggestion.. and honestly, even if the current concept of Islands was kept (with just adding the posssibility to loot the materials), I think it would solve the situation...

Well, at least I got a reply, though I don't know whether it is a default or not. We'll see. Here is the body of the message:

At least it looks positive.
    It is "default" - which doesn't mean they haven't read/forwarded the idea, it just saves them time they'd have to spend typing individual reply :) 

• I cannot find treasure obelisks anywhere - are they gone from the event? I cant play without coin.....

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 158
    They will be near whoever joined first is,  there are about 12 now
Sign In to comment.