Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Small Servers

What will happen when players will start leaving the game? Surely it is not a problem with big servers but I am currently playing in Asia1 and there are only around 250 active level 70 players(not taking into account multis). Is it possible for GGS to stop creating new servers and try filling the smaller ones? Or even merge small servers?

Comments

• Yeah, but that would probably break GGE.
    One new event and it results in 17 hundred new bugs.

A server merge would probably make it unplayable
    it has been suggested a lot, but it requires a lot which I don't think GGS is capable of  right now

Hopefully in the future

In1 also has only around 200 level 70 players, it would make a lot of sense to merge IN1 and ASIA1 :))
  • if i tell truth... i get banned
    but if GGE dont care why should i...

its not even 1000   players active on each server GGE provides
    But german server has highest rankings of all
    never seen so high rankings at all

and 5-6 years ago...  german server was almost dying,
    that should  be a good question/thinking for all

making familys.... its whats end a server  from start
    and all that has played on many servers KNOWS  what i m talking about

But never sen a comment from RAWSIDE so far ...

but hey... no comments...

damn i might hit a nerve

sorry for that

Best Regards

NIGHTMARE

Best Regards
    NIGHTMARE
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,731
    What will happen when players will start leaving the game? Surely it is not a problem with big servers but I am currently playing in Asia1 and there are only around 250 active level 70 players(not taking into account multis). Is it possible for GGS to stop creating new servers and try filling the smaller ones? Or even merge small servers?
    How would you define "Active"?  On INT3 the 1M loot level is at 1160.  What that isn't a daily hard core Player, that would surely be viewed as "Active", right?  

As to merging servers, the logistics would be a nightmare.  (No offence to the previous Poster)  There would be no way to guarantee that everyone would get the same or even similar placement on the map.  Trying to keep Alliances who group close to the Leader together and with all the same types of Outposts, trying to keep their Enemies at the same distance, who gets the combined Server's property, etc. would all just to too big a problem for GGS to bother with.  The option to just FORCE it on the servers where everyone just gets their main as is in a random place with 1 free Castle move would be a giant disaster as well.  

The expectation is that the larger servers will pay for the smaller ones.  The money all ends up in one giant pile on the Head Monkey's Desk anyway...….

paid pay day GIF
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,279
    It is something that is being considered. However technically this would be very difficult and disruptive.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • Kyriakos (GB1)Kyriakos (GB1) GB1 Posts: 140
    I believe there's also the problem of servers 'ganging up' on other ones.

As an example, if US1, AU1 and UK1 were to merge, what would stop an inter-server war (US vs UK vs AU), instead of an inter-alliance war (MISC vs Area X, as an example).
    ~~ Kyriakos

War Marshall at Odin's Fury

• LegendaryKing73 (GB1)LegendaryKing73 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 438
    edited 12.05.2020
    The UK1 server is too small to be merging with the other bigger servers. For example, having done the stats on this, there are roughly 2,400 active players who have looted at least 1 bread, stone or wood. Then you have other servers where players are active, for example the French server with its 10,392 active players, including their powerhouse; Parabellum (20,000 command points and just come out of a war that lasted 6 months non-stop, the forum thread was epic.) Then you need the US server with its 7,767 active players or why not the German server with its 17,646 active players? To be honest, it would be better to pair up the UK server with another similar sized server i.e; Lithuanian and let the bigger and more active servers like the French server and the German server merge.
    Post edited by LegendaryKing73 (GB1) on

• Blodreina (US1)Blodreina (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    It is something that is being considered. However technically this would be very difficult and disruptive.
    Just shut down the game for a week and make it happen. It ain't going to be an easy process so gonna need to freeze food or something cause it ain't going to be functioning properly with all the bugs that come with.
  • LegendaryKing73 (GB1) said:
    The UK1 server is too small to be merging with the other bigger servers. For example, having done the stats on this, there are roughly 2,400 active players who have looted at least 1 bread, stone or wood. Then you have other servers where players are active, for example the French server with its 10,392 active players, including their powerhouse; Parabellum (20,000 command points and just come out of a war that lasted 6 months non-stop, the forum thread was epic.) Then you need the US server with its 7,767 active players or why not the German server with its 17,646 active players? To be honest, it would be better to pair up the UK server with another similar sized server i.e; Lithuanian and let the bigger and more active servers like the French server and the German server merge.
    I mean check out CN1, it only has like a bit over 100 active players now lol.
Sign In to comment.