Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Bird very good

StrongCommander (US1)StrongCommander (US1) US1 Posts: 441
edited 01.05.2020 in General Discussion
I have been playing under bird for 35 days and it is really good. I cant get attacked or sabotaged  and can participate in most events . 

I enjoy playing samurais and nomads and berymond very much not worrying if my troops will get killed while offline . 

You should try it as well. I recommend it 1k per cent.

Comments

• Kyriakos (GB1)Kyriakos (GB1) GB1 Posts: 140
    Ah yes, because I too enjoy playing a war game without the WAR aspect.
    ~~ Kyriakos

War Marshall at Odin's Fury

• Ah yes, because I too enjoy playing a war game without the WAR aspect.
    I war with nomads and samurais and berimond camps.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,731
    You are in the growing majority @StrongCommander (US1)   Those who have no appetite for the original design of the game.  This is not a criticism of you, nor those who are of a similar mind-set.  It is the way the game has been going.

The events train players to expect the ability to hit with minimal losses, and have no repercussions.  Isn't that much better than having to overcome a real player with a better setup and risk losing?  OR worse, having them WIN against you?  

Yes, the events let you hit and hit and hit and have loads of fun!  With no risk of retaliation.  It is about time that GGS brings out the downloadable single player version.

Just you against the NPC...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• You are in the growing majority @StrongCommander (US1)   Those who have no appetite for the original design of the game.  This is not a criticism of you, nor those who are of a similar mind-set.  It is the way the game has been going.

The events train players to expect the ability to hit with minimal losses, and have no repercussions.  Isn't that much better than having to overcome a real player with a better setup and risk losing?  OR worse, having them WIN against you?  

Yes, the events let you hit and hit and hit and have loads of fun!  With no risk of retaliation.  It is about time that GGS brings out the downloadable single player version.

Khan retaliates lvl 70 and i am 69 so in the next event I will have khan camps attack me and robber barrons attack as well,
    edited 01.05.2020
    You are in the growing majority @StrongCommander (US1)   Those who have no appetite for the original design of the game.  This is not a criticism of you, nor those who are of a similar mind-set.  It is the way the game has been going.

Khan retaliates lvl 70 and i am 69 so in the next event I will have khan camps attack me and robber barrons attack as well,
    Khan only attacks when you "Taunt" him, so you are in control.  The Robber Barron attacks can be prevented by defeating the RB King.  Again, you can control it.  BIG difference from a live player...….

EDIT - Besides, the RB attacks are trash.  Can be defended with the tools from the Mercenary Camp and coin def troops......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• You are in the growing majority @StrongCommander (US1)   Those who have no appetite for the original design of the game.  This is not a criticism of you, nor those who are of a similar mind-set.  It is the way the game has been going.

Khan only attacks when you "Taunt" him, so you are in control.  The Robber Barron attacks can be prevented by defeating the RB King.  Again, you can control it.  BIG difference from a live player...….
    RB King only appears one in 2 months and attacks from robber barrons are more often. And the contract with the robber barrons lasts for 1 week only.

I forgot to mention Shapeshifter-like event camps attack and everybody wants Khan to collect even more tablets and gold .

RB King only appears one in 2 months and attacks from robber barrons are more often. And the contract with the robber barrons lasts for 1 week only.

I forgot to mention Shapeshifter-like event camps attack and everybody wants Khan to collect even more tablets and gold .
    *SIGH*  As I added into my commend above, the RB Attacks are trash and can be defended with the basic tools and coin troops.  Shapeshifter is an EVENT attack and you don't even need to defend as you lose NOTHING.  Khan is UP TO YOU.  You can hit the camp all day and not have him hit you.  AGAIN - NOT like a LIVE Player.  You hit a live player all day long???? you will get a response whether you like it or not...….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,279
    @Wasso (INT3) just because someone likes a different aspect of the game than you do doesn't make them wrong.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
    @Wasso (INT3) just because someone likes a different aspect of the game than you do doesn't make them wrong.
    @Crom Cruach  where exactly did I say anyone was WRONG for their way of enjoying the game?

Here is the OPPOSITE of that:
    I have said for a very long time that this game can be played many different ways.  The only problem is when those different ways collide...….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• StrongCommander (US1)StrongCommander (US1) US1 Posts: 441
    edited 04.05.2020
    @Crom Cruach  where exactly did I say anyone was WRONG for their way of enjoying the game?

I have said for a very long time that this game can be played many different ways.  The only problem is when those different ways collide...….
    Stop crying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLXt3yh2g0s
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 920
    @Wasso (INT3)  GGE doesn't like us because we don't promote buy, buy, buy....methods of playing.

As for the bird, it's broken as well.  It used to seriously inhibit the average person's game play since all you could do was attack rbs because there were no events.  Even at the beginning, protection had a feature I don't think it should have:  The ability for alliance members to station troops at the player under protection.  Players under protection should be effectively neutral, which really should mean nobody can station or everybody can station troops there.  To me players under the bird should also not get alliance rewards or contribute to the alliance getting rewards.
    edited 04.05.2020

Stop crying.

Someone got pissed and cried when he read my post and flagged me. That's fine .

edited 04.05.2020

Stop crying.

Someone got pissed and cried when he read my post and flagged me. That's fine .

I don't know if I should be offended or flattered that you would think of me.  But, maybe you weren't.

@Wasso (INT3)  GGE doesn't like us because we don't promote buy, buy, buy....methods of playing.

As for the bird, it's broken as well.  It used to seriously inhibit the average person's game play since all you could do was attack rbs because there were no events.  Even at the beginning, protection had a feature I don't think it should have:  The ability for alliance members to station troops at the player under protection.  Players under protection should be effectively neutral, which really should mean nobody can station or everybody can station troops there.  To me players under the bird should also not get alliance rewards or contribute to the alliance getting rewards.
    Fully agree on the Bird.  It should only protect the Player from attacks, not create an entire new class of Account.  "The Safehouse"......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,010

Stop crying.

No, it is off topic and adds nothing to the discussion at hand.

And now to add something to the discussion, I believe a bird can be very nice and it makes it easier to take breaks and not care about the game

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
    edited 04.05.2020
    Of course it does . His post was a challenge and i am responding to that challenge.
    @Herveus (AU1)  Absolutely agree that the bird has a purpose: To be able to take a break from the game and not have to worry about your account getting stripped. 
    @Hands up (GB1)  I guess you missed my previous post about protection being broken.  I will admit I did not mention the RV stripping there.  There's just too much broken in this game to remember it all at any given moment as the keep breaking more and more every update.  In fact more brokenness is being added as I write this since the game is shut down for *cough* maintenance.
  • Hands up (GB1)Hands up (GB1) GB1 Posts: 295

I saw the bot about stripping and I was no sure if you were talking about ops.

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,010
    I got maxed out privated rv's so cannot loose them during bird and don't have any propertiy like metros cause they are just annoying to have imo

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
Sign In to comment.