Home Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

HTML5 on Mobile/Android Device?

With the loss of Flash, is there any browser or app that will run the html5 on a mobile/android device that is good to actually play. Puffin worked on Flash but, now with html5 it is NOT playable. Why remove Flash completely without a playable replacement? 

Is GGE only targeting desktop players? Those who stay home, sits infront of the computer 24/7 and keep $pending. Even with this " Stay Home" order, many still work or at the frontlines. 
Joseph Henry217 @ usa 1

Comments

• Hello there,

The game was disgned for PC and not for mobile, there is a mobile version of the game called empire4kingdoms.
    That being sad, if you device is powerful enough you can play the game on any browser that supports html5.
  • Terth (US1)Terth (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    I know this was originally designed for PC. but over the many years I have been playing the game got a defacto mobile aspect to it, as browsers on mobile devices such as Puffin were good enough to play on the mobile device. This allowed for at least doing def setup when getting attacked at all hours.  

You stated that GGE has a mobile version of the game. But if I move to that, I will not be able to also play on my PC, will lose all my progress over the last 8+ years I have been playing and lose contact with alliance and many in game friends.
    Can they make this interface available for the PC based servers?

We need something that can run this on mobile device.  Has anyone had any luck in finding a mobile browser that can do this?
    Terth @ usa 1
  • The game already require all hours play time. All out spending for solid progression. 

Look at the Outer Events - Beyond the Horizon and Outer Realms, we are playing against all servers. Different Time Zones.

All new stuff to gain for advancement BUT you gotta pay big bucks. LOL. If you cannot... well even playing 24 hours eventing won't give you same progression as those who $pend a lot.

Joseph Henry217 @ usa 1
  • BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Moderator Posts: 804
    edited 31.03.2020
    I know this was originally designed for PC. but over the many years I have been playing the game got a defacto mobile aspect to it, as browsers on mobile devices such as Puffin were good enough to play on the mobile device. This allowed for at least doing def setup when getting attacked at all hours.  

You stated that GGE has a mobile version of the game. But if I move to that, I will not be able to also play on my PC, will lose all my progress over the last 8+ years I have been playing and lose contact with alliance and many in game friends.

We need something that can run this on mobile device.  Has anyone had any luck in finding a mobile browser that can do this?
    Puffin was a browser that specialized in playing flash games on mobile. Since flash is being deprecated, by its own development team, Puffin may not continue to work beyond when GGS turns off the flash version.

With this in mind though, any standard browser which runs HTML5 on mobile should work. This doesn't mean the PC version of the game is supported on mobile, it's not, but it means you may be able to access the game and make those mentioned changes. You may notice though that the controls aren't 100% mapped up correctly for mobile.

There is a mobile version of the game, known as Empire Four Kingdoms. However, it's worth mentioning these servers are separate and you'd need to start a new account there to begin playing through the mobile app.

We recommend using the below link to test for HTML5 compatibility. Simply open the link below in the browser you want to test for HTML5 and you'll get a score returned. I believe you want to have something with 500 or more points.

https://html5test.com/

$pend

I like what you did with the "S" there.
  • Sorth121 (US1)Sorth121 (US1) US1 Posts: 214
    There is a mobile version of the game, known as Empire Four Kingdoms. However, it's worth mentioning these servers are separate and you'd need to start a new account there to begin playing through the mobile app.
    As someone who briefly played the mobile version of the game I think it is also worth mentioning that it is not nearly as fun as the PC version. 
    MUFU Member

• Critical (US1)Critical (US1) US1 Posts: 39

Puffin was a browser that specialized in playing flash games on mobile. Since flash is being deprecated, by its own development team, Puffin may not continue to work beyond when GGS turns off the flash version.

With this in mind though, any standard browser which runs HTML5 on mobile should work. This doesn't mean the PC version of the game is supported on mobile, it's not, but it means you may be able to access the game and make those mentioned changes. You may notice though that the controls aren't 100% mapped up correctly for mobile.

We recommend using the below link to test for HTML5 compatibility. Simply open the link below in the browser you want to test for HTML5 and you'll get a score returned. I believe you want to have something with 500 or more points.

https://html5test.com/

$pend

I like what you did with the "S" there.
    Something to mention in regards to that, is that the controls work perfectly. As a matter of fact at times I would honestly prefer to play an event like nomads on my phone where time skipping is easier as you can zoom in and avoid tapping on the "ruby skip" button. But that is my preference personally. Obviously this changes the scope of the game significantly. 

Most browsers on the phone are HTML5 compatible. However sometimes the speed of the phone will affect it. Anything above an Iphone 6 and a Samsung S10 will run GGE on the standard browser. You can use google chrome or safari, and just enable desktop mode. It might have some lag, but if your on the run and might not have your laptop with you, its a good supplement...

btw, imo, mobile server is super boring....and difficult to read...
Sign In to comment.