Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New Relic Build items again, but they were not announced lol

2»

Comments

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    Is new event stating we have a 2nd bakery?

so we can have all these together?

gge really need to start explaining things better.

2nd bakery is reserved for ruby whales only

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    @Zenzer (GB1) The blue whales to be precise.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Would be nice to know what crom actually meant by nothing has been made obsolete.

Do you mean that the new premium items will be added in addition to the existing items ? ie you can have both items on at the same time ?

For avoidance of doubt that means you can put 10 standard relik food items on 10 graneries, then another 10 premium food items on another 10 graneries, en each castle.

And for the food storage relic items I assume the normal relic items go on the normal bakery.  And the premium items can be added to the relik bakery?  

Can you confirm this is what you meant by nothing has been made obsolete

@Crom Cruach
    Philt123 @ en 1
    Sorry to be a pest Crom, but is there any chance you could clarify the above position as I have to decide what next to build and see zero point in building items that are already obsolete.  Or is my post above how it works, ie its still worth building the origional relik items as they work in conjunction with rather than its one or the other.
    Philt123 @ en 1
    @Crom Cruach

Any chance you could clarify the above?  As I am kind of stuck in limbo now over what to upgrade, 
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • glad I leave new stuff alone at first - but would really like a concise explanation of what is needed for what as all this new stuff is confusing me at present

@Crom Cruach

Please
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,367
    I don't have a very clear overview at the moment either. I will be meeting with the team early next week and will clarify how the buildings interact and operate. I will then let you all know here. The delay in the meeting is due to holidays and is something I can't influence.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
     The delay in the meeting is due to holidays and is something I can't influence.
    Glad to see priorities are in place...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Thankyou guess I will just tread water for a bit then before upgrading anything.  Little point in throwing good money after bad if the new stuff obsoletes the very nearly new stuff.  I really hope it doesnt.  Or that will be a big waste of time effort and money not just for me but I am guessing pretty much everyone.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    edited 04.11.2019
    The cap of 8 relic build items per castle seems to be shared with both premium and regular ones. 
    I had hoped that they were separate as it would elevate the value of the premium food items but it seems like it's not.

Perhaps right now it's not that big of a deal, but with time, those regular build items will decrease in value as they'll be replaced by premium ones. The premium ones will also lose some of their effectiveness as a result of this, resulting on more minimal food production increases rather than the significant ones we see right now. You'd have to increase the amount of materials to be won for the event to really be worthwhile. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

edited 04.11.2019
    Can you confirm @Crom Cruach

As if that is true then your comment about the items not being obsolete is simply untrue.  If the premium items are superier and they are and can only be used IF you replace the normal ones then that meets every critera for obsolete there is.  And that you have basically made obsolete something that has only just come into the game, rendering the work done collecting existing stuff useless in a matter of weeks.  Yet again SHAFTING your players.

I get items will become obsolete, I really do its what keeps the game fresh, a need to continually upgrade things, but the paint has barely dried on the origional equipment, and its all ready obsolete!!!!   you have got to be kidding.  do you seriously expect players to put time effort and in some instances money into this game when items only last a few short weeks before you have to bin them and upgrade again ?

For avoidance of doubt this is the definition of obsolete

"cause (a product or idea) to become obsolete by replacing it with something new."

Ie you have made the origional items obsolete by replacing it with the premium items.

ie if i want to put a new premium relik item onto any one of my castles I have to take off and put in the bin one of the origional relik items that i have worked hard to get on my castles, these items are virtually brand new yet are already obsolete, and worth only scrap once i gain a premium item.

if you had made the 2 items be able to be used together ie doubled up the amount of items, then that would not have made the origional obsolete, 

I really hope this is simply a mistake on GGE's part, and that you have not gone and knowingly shafted your players yet again.

Even I phones are only upgraded once a year!!!!!!  Had you have brought the new items out this time next year I wouldnt have an issue but a few weeks later.  that really is taking the "p" on pretty much every level you can think of.
    Post edited by Philt123 (GB1) on
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Did the research myself and added it to the spreadsheet, which can be found here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mkq16jo2uvV29wwDLqQ_YrsI6VRT0yLvAOFcpqfcEZ0/edit?usp=sharing
    will add the cost to make the build items later once I am home
    This is from an old post. I checked the link to your spreadsheet and see that the costs for Timber, Straw, Nails, Glue, Cobblestone, and Fabric is still listed as Unknown. 

Is there a newer post which clarifies the questions in this thread? I just checked the Master Blacksmith tent under both gold and silver pieces and cannot find any reference to these items. 
    Like the others, I am not inclined to spend for regular relic build items when the premium build items are so superior. I may as well hold off and go for the premium items. 
    But I cannot find out where to buy them nor how much they will cost. 

Any new information, tips, or advice? 
    Thanks
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    Become a member of RAWSIDE on the German server.  That appears to be the fastest way of getting the premium relic items.    ;)  :open_mouth:  :'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file