Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The Blade Coast Returns

Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,353
edited 29.01.2020 in General Discussion
Okay so here is a spoiler that you've all been waiting for! Tomorrow we will run the Blade Coast again. This should start around 11:00 CET depending on the update (there is an update tomorrow but more on that later). As we know from the last time we ran this event: the rewards aren't good enough! Well we've updated the rewards. You'll be able to get time skips for instance( I'll have to confirm the exact ones though). You'll also be able to trade pearls, the event currency, for Silver Coins if you want. Even better though as a lot of the higher level players mentioned that the event is too easy... we've included a hard mode and a master mode. Those names are subject to change by the way, I haven't checked to see if they've been changed. Anyway you can access these modes in sequence once you complete the previous one. It'll go Easy -> Hard -> Master.  I think that's all the info I have. Please ask me some questions if you want!
Post edited by Crom Cruach on
Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter

Comments

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    The pearl rewards are trash. Take it back, change it, redo everything.

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) US1 Posts: 461
    edited 29.01.2020
    Okay so here is a spoiler that you've all been waiting for! Tomorrow we will run the Blade Coast again. This should start around 11:00 CET depending on the update (there is an update tomorrow but more on that later). As we know from the last time we ran this event: the rewards aren't good enough! Well we've updated the rewards. You'll be able to get time skips for instance( I'll have to confirm the exact ones though). You'll also be able to trade pearls, the event currency, for Silver Coins if you want. Even better though as a lot of the higher level players mentioned that the event is too easy... we've included a hard mode and a master mode. Those names are subject to change by the way, I haven't checked to see if they've been changed. Anyway you can access these modes in sequence once you complete the previous one. It'll go Easy -> Hard -> Master.  I think that's all the info I have. Please ask me some questions if you want!

Based on what I got from playing on the test server, you can get 30 min and 1 hour time skips. The part about earning silver pieces is complete baloney: you need to pay 20k pearls to get 500 silver pieces. Make the cost lower or nobody will buy anything.

https://prnt.sc/qunghf
    https://prnt.sc/qung6f

The event is also not "too easy" for many players... I'm not sure where you get your feedback from but I feel there is some selection bias towards ruby buyers.
    Proudly a member of Kings All on US1!

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

(thanks @Link c0p (GB1) )

================
    Can we talk about games thats not gge yet? Or is this still north korea?
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    Why would you call our sponsor a "dictatorship?"
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• I guess this is kind of good :open_mouth: Like... more variety of events but still not too much. and partyl because I missed the blade coast event. I also miss the underground event so please bring back that too :hushed:
  • Soul4Life2 (NL1)Soul4Life2 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 337
    Let me guess.......... playing the hard and master  modes will cost loads of rubies ??
    Soul4Life2 @ nl 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    So, seeing as there is no thread for the november update just the blade coast, i will post it here.

Why does the new announcment not have any real infomation in it?

1) what buildings can be put inside the new district building how many buildings can be put in there.
    2) is the only way of attaining these buildings by winning a month long event?
    3) can buildings be destroyed whilst in the district.
    4) does the district building take up any additional space inside the castle that the buildings themselves would take up?
    5)  is this actually going to work as its supposed to unlike some of the other relik buildings that I paid to build and now dont work and GGE cant be bothered to fix?
    6) are you going to ensure that the people winning these rewards are legit?  or should i just build a proxy account share it with my mates have it running 24/7.  And win them all that way, as thats the way the game has gone.  Or is it just another incentive for the cheats?

I guess the answers to those questions will determine if this update is just another pointless building that is only going to be available to a small handfull of players, or if its actually something worth trying to get.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) US1 Posts: 461
    Rewards are way too expensive. Nobody will get 900k pearls just for a +20 PO build item.
    Proudly a member of Kings All on US1!

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

(thanks @Link c0p (GB1) )

================
    Can we talk about games thats not gge yet? Or is this still north korea?
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    Why would you call our sponsor a "dictatorship?"
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• adam12 (US1)adam12 (US1) US1 Posts: 16

havent played it much yet but maybe they incresed the amount of pearls won? if i remember right you earn about 900ish for finishing event just hitting towers. at the price of the low might po items i would assume you would get 900 per tower. but im known to be nieve

adam12 @ usa 1
  • adam12 (US1)adam12 (US1) US1 Posts: 16

naive

adam12 @ usa 1
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,353
    Please play through to the harder mode, you will earn a lot more pearls there.
  • I have played through to hard mode.  One tower from beating the kraken there also. 

Yes you earn way more pearls but use tons of troops and armorer tools.

Still nothing worth buying with them.

Was hoping hard level opened a new set of items for purchase. 

Rewards improved true; however not nearly worth the effort.

Thanks but no thanks
    Gerardicus @ usa 1
    Fair enough, thanks for trying it out and only passing judgement then.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    edited 03.02.2020
    thats what i was alluding to the rewards of the look items are nice, but the pearls you collect are next to useless, and the cost of getting them  / farming them is horrendus in terms of troops / tool loss.  So it makes no sense.  If you want people to actually hit the convoys / kracken to farm the pearls you seed to offer somethign that players want.  to make it worth the huge cost in troops and tools.

You have 2 x 900k look items adding 20 PO!!! to add insult to injury its on a building that any self respecting higher level player wont even dream of owning!!!!     So not only is it not worth it for anyone ever likley to save 1.8m tokens up its somethign they cant use even if they anted to!

The other big ticket items are the decos, the 350 k one is going to be useless for any developed player.   There is 1 600 PO item which will again be useless for any top end player, but may be of some use to a lot of players, however the cost and the fact only 1 is available is again prohibitive.

The tools etc yes are useful  but so few are actually available it wouldnt even cover the cost of a couple of hits!!

SO the only thing of any value in there is the silver coins.  But at a cost per coin vs the cost of tools and troop loss it really dosnt make a lot of sense.  plus these are limited to 2000.  So you are back the the scenario of whats the point of farming pearls and there answer is there is no point.  As there is nothing of any value to buy with them!

Philt123 @ en 1
  • MartenE3 (NL1)MartenE3 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 131
    edited 04.02.2020
    I think the end rewards are great, any ruby player finishing the second and third level gets something of use, however it is still possible to get something better by buying. For the non ruby players who finish the second and maybe third level these items are great as they are items that cannot be gotten in any other way and also have pretty good stats.

The difficulty is fine too imo, it's definitely possible to win for both types of players.

The only downside I see is the shop. As mentioned above, the things that are for sale are simply not worth the grind. There should be something the ruby players want so they will spend on the event and there should be something that gives non-ruby players a reason to grind for. Right now the only thing that I see that can really benefit someone is the 600PO item, however its worth a little too much. Also I think the 300PO item should be removed from the shop, or it's price should be decreased by a lot, as every player with a braincell will find that getting 50k more pearls for a 300PO increase will be more worth it than going for the almost equally expensive 350k one.

@Crom Cruach
    Post edited by MartenE3 (NL1) on
    @MartenE3 (NL1) thanks for the feedback, the team will be reviewing the store and its use at the end of the event. I'll make sure to have what you've said added in.
  • pistiC (HU2)pistiC (HU2) HU2 Posts: 20
    Sorrowfully all the Blade Coast rewards are STILL garbage. And a year has passed since this topic was created.
    Most decorations that did require ACTIVITY and PERSISTENCE in a number of events worth nothing these days. 200-250-300-350 PO. Wallets opening, easy 1250-1500-1650-2000! PO decos.
    The game has been heading in the bad way for a few years now. And the tendency seems to worsen from time to time.

pistiC →  YouTube @  http://bit.do/pistic
  • jema3 (US1)jema3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,100
    How about throwing in the Thorn King or The Underworld. I have achievement points I need for those also. 
    jema3 @ usa 1
  • pistiC (HU2)pistiC (HU2) HU2 Posts: 20
    How about throwing in the Thorn King or The Underworld. I have achievement points I need for those also. 
    Yes. Haven't seen those in ages. Literally. The alchemist has disappeared too.

pistiC →  YouTube @  http://bit.do/pistic

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file