Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Special offers

Please take the special offers and event buttons away from the middle of the screen. It is really making the playing very annoying.

Comments

• Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 335
    edited 12.01.2020
    They have done exactly that.  The "special" offers are now in the Sale button at the bottom of the screen.  No event goodies or pick 'n' mix anymore, just a "choose your option and pay your money" approach.

I suppose that's the end of the ruby doublers and similar offers then - unless they have somehow tied them into the sale offers?  Or am I missing something?  If you pay for the sale offers but get no rubies that's going to put a bit of a kybosh on people's need to upgrade stables, watchtowers, bakeries etc, and using the armourer. And the ruby doubler you get for achieving 1503 points for the Friend of the True King in the Season event - is that now redundant?  Because nobody is going to just buy rubies just for rubies and nothing else after all the offers one used to get with one's purchase.

@Crom Cruach  I do hope I'm missing something obvious.  Please enlighten me if I am.
    Post edited by Osiris (GB1) on
    Osiris @ en 1
  • Yes, now they are gone, along with  my money. I refuse to buy just to buy rubies, and I also refuse to buy just to buy boosts. They have lost all my money, and unless something changes and the offers return, they have lost me as a player altogether.
  • MagicMUSHY (AU1)MagicMUSHY (AU1) AU1 Posts: 165
    200% ruby bonus just showed up lol. This is rubbish

• bushed (AU1)bushed (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10
    Totally agree it is CRAP...... how are you going to get all the little extra! Just plain greed and I am not spending $$..... stuff them!! Just plain fed up the continually moving of the goal posts and not to our advantage!! :((
  • dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) US1 Posts: 461
    STOP GIVING ME SPECIAL OFFERS THAT I CAN'T EVEN AFFORD!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    Proudly a member of Kings All on US1!

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

(thanks @Link c0p (GB1) )

================
    Can we talk about games thats not gge yet? Or is this still north korea?
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    Why would you call our sponsor a "dictatorship?"
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• Jewel88 (US1)Jewel88 (US1) US1 Posts: 95
    I agree.  The "offers" are a waste when there are no rubies attached to them, and I don't want to buy rubies without the extra bonuses.  Really GGE?  We are buying pixels!  How long do u really think those last? I always went through the Pick 9.  Now there is nothing I want to buy. I guess I better start playing Berimond more - or will u take the rubies from there too.  There is a thing called making your customers happy, and this is not it.  The offers have tools in them I already have thousands of and don't use, so why would I pay $50 for a few thousand men. The rubies are already overpriced, now it's just not worth it.  

And you want 1200 rubies to Dethrone a castle!  LOL - yeah, I think I'll pass on the 50 extra guys.  If I had known this was going to happen, I would have been a lot more careful about how I spent rubies.  And the buttons in the middle of the screen - yeah that is really annoying; however, since you took all are good offers, I guess it doesn't matter now.
  • bushed (AU1)bushed (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10
    I am vvvvv UNHAPPY with the removal of the ruby deals, which gave you a choice of equipment and all sorts of extra....... It was fun selecting what you wanted. Then on top of that if you had a double deal, great for stocking up on ruby tools.
    When I was building my castle I used the oil, coal & glass extra deals a hell of a lot. What do the new folk do now??
    I refuse to buy just rubies...... and when I have used up all my ruby tools and unable to improve Storm buildings with rubies then what.....  humm losing heart in this game.
    Just the fact GGE have reduced the upgrade tokens for the relic food buildings in OR and given us food eating troops, which just give you the horrors!!   :(
    Getting tired of the goal post moving, games are meant to be fun!!  NOT HAPPY GGE, you are killing this game!!!
     :'(  :'(:'(:'(
  • I am vvvvv UNHAPPY with the removal of the ruby deals, which gave you a choice of equipment and all sorts of extra....... It was fun selecting what you wanted. Then on top of that if you had a double deal, great for stocking up on ruby tools.
    When I was building my castle I used the oil, coal & glass extra deals a hell of a lot. What do the new folk do now??
    I refuse to buy just rubies...... and when I have used up all my ruby tools and unable to improve Storm buildings with rubies then what.....  humm losing heart in this game.
    Just the fact GGE have reduced the upgrade tokens for the relic food buildings in OR and given us food eating troops, which just give you the horrors!!   :(
    Getting tired of the goal post moving, games are meant to be fun!!  NOT HAPPY GGE, you are killing this game!!!
    We do as we did in the past, stop being lazy and actually start looting...that is why my HoL is on parity with my LL and with no special offers to help us. You should have played back in 2012 when the 200% ruby bonus was once a week, with no other bonuses at all. You've got it easy I tell you.

• Dudester (INT1)Dudester (INT1) INT1 Posts: 127
    I am vvvvv UNHAPPY with the removal of the ruby deals, which gave you a choice of equipment and all sorts of extra....... It was fun selecting what you wanted. Then on top of that if you had a double deal, great for stocking up on ruby tools.
    We do as we did in the past, stop being lazy and actually start looting...that is why my HoL is on parity with my LL and with no special offers to help us. You should have played back in 2012 when the 200% ruby bonus was once a week, with no other bonuses at all. You've got it easy I tell you.
    Agreed. With the master blacksmith here too you can get a bunch of ruby tools with barely any work in events. I don't know why people think that OR should give so many upgrade tokens. The relic food buildings are insanely good, they can't just give it away that easily. You got to work for it, I think a lot of players nowadays forget about that.
  • Kyriakos (GB1)Kyriakos (GB1) GB1 Posts: 143
    Agreed. With the master blacksmith here too you can get a bunch of ruby tools with barely any work in events. I don't know why people think that OR should give so many upgrade tokens. The relic food buildings are insanely good, they can't just give it away that easily. You got to work for it, I think a lot of players nowadays forget about that.
    Except the alliances that win BtH don't work for it. They use sub alliances and shells to gain influence, then the main accounts steal that influence using boosters to massively inflate their points.
    ~~ Kyriakos

War Marshall at Odin's Fury

• Dudester (INT1)Dudester (INT1) INT1 Posts: 127
    work/pay. They go hand in hand
  • Jewel88 (US1)Jewel88 (US1) US1 Posts: 95
    Wow!  Yes, let's get excited about GGE increasing prices and taking away bonuses.  I'm sorry, I'm not spending money to buy rubies and then spend again to buy pixels that I once got with the ruby buy.  Just because it USED to be that way, does not mean it should revert back. It takes an enormous amount of tools to even compete in an event, and I'm sure they added the bonuses to increase sales. I've talked to a lot of ruby buyers that say they have either quit buying rubies, or have reduced how much they buy - in cost. So how does that help GGE? I can loot all day, and not get a single ruby, so how does that help? That does not build a watchtower or bakery. I don't know what happened to the master blacksmith today. I hope that was just a mistake or a temporary fix. I surely hope they didn't take that away too.

My wallet is still closed.   
  • DAVIDUS (US1)DAVIDUS (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    The missing bonus boxes affiliated with ruby purchases will be sorely missed and should be restored immediately.  I plan on spending no more real-world cash until the incentives to buy are returned. Troops are irrelevant, but time skips, fast travel, realm resources (no longer available anywhere), and event bonuses/tools were my incentive to continue spending real money on a virtual gaming board.

What is even more denegrading and disrespectful to players that have supported the game for 5 or more years, are the ridiculous new ruby prices for buying items that have now been shoveled over into message-box "specials" (cough-cough). I'm used to buying when there's a 150% bonus, but only when the offers met my needs. (I could care less about troops). There used to be 9 selectable choices in 1 offer, 3 fixed boxes of three based on amount purchased, and 1 big box of 9 items... all available at point of sale.  Now, nothing.  The max bonus I've been offered this week, for ruby buy ONLY, is 120%.  These piddly ruby buy bonuses (which don't even pop-up any longer) are trivial given that all incentives to buy have been removed and can easily go by completely unnoticed. At the level I was buying ($29), I was getting 24 boxes of bonus materials from three simultaneous offers, 9 boxes of which were selectable...  two - three times a month.  Well, I'm done. I will just have to be very careful how I spend the rubies I have remaining and make better use of Fortresses in the realms.

Without a doubt, this is the biggest money-grab (price-gauging) I've seen any gaming company throw into overnight action to their own detriment... I can't imagine this will do anything but drop sales dramatically.  Though I love the game, my cash is certainly no longer in the kitty of a company who would remove all purchase incentives and then raise prices in-game... shame on the greed and dis-respect shown here.

DAVIDUS @ usa 1
  • Drackor (US1)Drackor (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    Kudos to GGE for finally moving the special offers off the middle of my screen so I can at least see something without having to move my map (screen) constantly..... Now please turn up your hearing aids just a wee bit more, listen to the players all this special offer JUNK mail is very very annoying when we now have a place for the special offers why flood all the available space with offers then in turn still have pop-up offers.... Enough is enough.
    Drackor @ usa 1
  • Keybase (US1)Keybase (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    edited 06.04.2020
    Filling up the in-game mail with special offers, none of which are special or even useable is just another reason to quit playing. STOP  THE JUNK MAIL ALREADY. I never look at any of them any more.

Key

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file