Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beyond the Horizon - Feedback

Comments

• Temprance said:
    Please post any questions/feedback here in regard to the upcoming Beyond the Horizon Event!

You can find information about the event HERE.

-Your Empire Team
    About half of the map doesn't load any citystates, happened all previous events aswell....  No citystates, no towers.

This event is full of bugs, please fix it....    Should be much more fun to be around there.

Thx, Soeur
    if you join on first day theres no regen of states
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 297
    Temprance said:
    Please post any questions/feedback here in regard to the upcoming Beyond the Horizon Event!

-Your Empire Team
    About half of the map doesn't load any citystates, happened all previous events aswell....  No citystates, no towers.

This event is full of bugs, please fix it....    Should be much more fun to be around there.

Thx, Soeur
    if you join on first day theres no regen of states
    Shshhhhhhh   dont give away the secret
  • how is it possible that big alliances like the german rawside can play with 88 players in the outher and gge is telling that the max of players is 65, so i am wondering if they are gge or something alse like a hack , and the other thing i dont is that they are asking for employes in the forum what isnt alowed in many country,s , if some body can answer what i maybe dont see please tell me
  • how is it possible that big alliances like the german rawside can play with 88 players in the outher and gge is telling that the max of players is 65, so i am wondering if they are gge or something alse like a hack , and the other thing i dont is that they are asking for employes in the forum what isnt alowed in many country,s , if some body can answer what i maybe dont see please tell me
    @Crom Cruach Can we please stop this endless criticising of German alliances that do well. I am not German, but the endless criticism simply because they spend more than other ruby whales, is nobodies business but their own. Secondly, they win simply because of their tactical nous. It is not difficult to for 22 players to buy 180k of rubies and when they do that, they each get 5k of each defender. They send all the defs to the capital and the onus is on the other alliances to beat that defence, which comprises 110k of melee, and 110k ranged defs. With some players not getting to level 70, it would be difficult for any player under the level 70 to try and beat that sort of defence considering that the comms are pretty much basic. If you defend well, you win. 

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    LegendaryKing73 (GB1) said:
     Can we please stop this endless criticising of German alliances that do well. I am not German, 
    Agreed.  Their ability to play the BtH Event properly is what frustrates others.  To play it properly means SPEND THE MONEY.  If you have 22 buyers in your Alliance, you will do very well in the event.  If you don't, you can still get rewards, but you wont be in the top levels.

IF the accusations of "selling influence points" are true, than anyone involved should be perma-banned.  But, we know that won't happen, as that would hit some big-spenders.  Even if they were to hit a couple midsize buyers with a Ban, they would just open a new account and buy it up again.

In the end, remember the Golden Rule: He who has the Gold, makes the rules...….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• LegendaryKing73 (GB1) said:
     Can we please stop this endless criticising of German alliances that do well. I am not German, 
    Agreed.  Their ability to play the BtH Event properly is what frustrates others.  To play it properly means SPEND THE MONEY.  If you have 22 buyers in your Alliance, you will do very well in the event.  If you don't, you can still get rewards, but you wont be in the top levels.

IF the accusations of "selling influence points" are true, than anyone involved should be perma-banned.  But, we know that won't happen, as that would hit some big-spenders.  Even if they were to hit a couple midsize buyers with a Ban, they would just open a new account and buy it up again.

The problem lies with other ruby alliances like the KoN and MISC (US server) Praetorians (UK server) Insomniak (French server), they they all think that throwing money into the game to buy loads of attacking troops is the answer to winning the event. I am a regular on the German alliance, and one of the players (who isn't a member of any Rawside alliance) has, to this day, 400 million glory points, he wins the glory events with close to 200 million+ easy. He has a level 100 glory memorial. That is off-topic I know, but it shows that the Germans do take things very seriously, even if it is an online game.

We have read loads of slanderous and accusations a go-go from numerous ruby whales. Whether they are founded, we do not know. However, when you look at Rawside on the German server, they are an alliance that has over 200 million might points as an alliance (dwarfs the 100+ million that the Praets on the UK server), or when you see German players have 7-8 million might on their own, then it speaks volumes that they spend their money on rubies. 

What some ruby whale alliances don't like is how Rawhide wins every single time, or in failing that, their top player (Rudy-MR) wins the Outers at every opportunity. From what I have seen from Rawhide, it is simply basic. Every top alliance has a capital or more on their own servers and they know how to defend it from attacks by MS comms or Highlanders. When it comes to BTH, the ruby comms are limited compared to the MS or Highlander. What Rawhide are doing in BTH, is exactly what they are doing on their own server and what many other top alliances do on their own server, they give it to the player who is the very best as far as defending is concerned. Other ruby alliances don't like it because it is clear jealousy and frustration in not being able to break down such a solid defence (lets face it, priority is to max out the capital, max all the slots with defensive tools, put top casts everywhere and then get a couple hundred thousand troops there. 

The rule of the game is this, he who has the gold to buy the rubies, makes the rules. Personally, it is a good job that they don't make BTH permanent and fair-play rules applied. Simply because there would be only one winner; Rawhide with other ruby alliances fighting for scraps in the events, just like the alliances that scrap in the events that ruby alliances dominate on their own server and not satisfied. If you cannot win Outers, you are not a great player, if you cannot win BTH, you cannot say that you are the best ever alliance in the game. The best alliance wins all there is to win and more.

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    oh its true, GGE have seen the in game Mails, but as we all know GGE wont do anything.

This event now is totally and utterly broken as i said would happen after the cat got let out of the bag in the last event now pretty much all alliances know the trick of points swapping to pad their stats, its a farce, the event has in record time become a total and utter waste of time if you actually sit and watch its pitiful.

If you actually watch how the event is played and who is collecting for who, it would give the operators of any company that was interested in fair play the perfect insight into which accounts were proxies, which were multis etc.  But of course GGE are not in the slightest bit interested, they have designed the game to give these advantages to those who break the rules.  So they sure as hell are not going to actually investigate it or actually do anything about it regardless of if it breaks the rules.

Unfortunatly this is what happens when you get when events being designed around their money making possibilities.  at the cost of all other considerations.

Dont get me wrong, this isnt to say that the best teams are not wining, what is dissapointing is that we will never actually know at this point. beasue to put it simply the game has been designed in such a way that the advantages are so huge for those that cheat, then to be able to compete the vast majority of teams will cheat to compete.

But what is really sad is that we are at the point that rule breaking in all forms has become so mainstream, any team / player that does do well will automatically be assumed they are breaking the rules, and that is really sad for those teams who do play the game in the right way.

And the sad fact is that this is what happens when game operators are seen to be doing nothing when people break the rules.

Lets be honest GGE's policy of cheating is a joke, we will investigate any reported player, is in itself an admission that it does not do any of its own checks any proactive company what had the slightest interest in stopping players breaking its rules, would as a matter of course investigate ANY and every one of the following things....

The game should automatially flag accounts for investigation that.......

Sit dormant then become active to trigger "loyalty" bonus.
    Spend more than £x if its on a cheap currency account.
    Are active for more than x hours without a break of x hours.
    Log on from locations that are geographically remote from each other ie from uk  during day then usa at night.
    Log on from known VPN IP addresses.
    Perform more than a certain amount of game operations per day.
    perform at  a very high level, ie all top 10 or top 20 accounts in every event.

now dont get me wrong none of these things in themselves is any proof of cheating, but what it would do is highlight quickly accounts that need to have proper human investigation done on them.

For example how can an account regularly play 24 hrs a day?
    if a player is spending vast sums on a game from a country that offers cheap ruby,  then simply ask them to make their next payment from a traceable payment source ie via visa card etc.  To ensure that they have bank accounts in the same country they are purporting to be from.  Once you have this detail then you know the player details and can register that player as having those details.
    if a player does over a certain level of game operations a day, check the regularity of those operations, ie if they make attacks at exact 1 hr intervals day and night suggests bot use etc.

ETC ETC.

There are so many things that could pretty easily be done. but simply are not.

This sounds like a huge amout of work, but it really isnt.  not for a huge multi million pound company.  Much of the work could / shoudl be automated.  

Why shouldnt every account spending at a certain level be made to register, and that player be properly verified?  
    Lets be honest would any legitimate player spending huge amounts of time and money on something have an issue with providing proper registration details?  where those registration details prove name and address and country of residence bank details etc?

Then perodically checks are made to ensure that those details are only being used on one account, and that its still the same person it really isnt somethign thats partularly onerous for anyone.  

The fact that its not being done and that there are zero checks tells its own story,  

Philt123 @ en 1
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 386
    Well here we are. The BTH event has just finished and after spending a week collecting and losing influence and sitting around 2-300 in the rankings, dropping to 798 with 1 hour to go, we end up with no reward and nothing to show for all our efforts. Yay!! A truly worthwhile experience once again.
    And as per usual, we have no idea where we actually came in the rankings. Excellent!!
    None of the construction and upgrade tokens I collected during the event, have made it to my main castle either. Fabulous!!

Yep, I can really see myself doing all this again next time the event appears in a few days time. I have plenty of time to waste. and I guess it is better to waste it on an event that I have absolutely no chance of winning anything at all from. Yep that sounds like a really good use of my time and energy.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Regards,
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • Where can a player find the break down,instructions for Beyond the horizon. Like what all items do to make best use of them.
  • LegendaryKing73 (GB1) said:

The problem lies with other ruby alliances like the KoN and MISC (US server) Praetorians (UK server) Insomniak (French server), they they all think that throwing money into the game to buy loads of attacking troops is the answer to winning the event.

Fake news, TM doesn't spend in BTH. I myself spent in the event before the last one and I was more or less on my own in there,  to get a good individual score, which I did (top100)  with limited spending. And got a top 100 alliance spot too (s*cky rewards tho) by defending the capital with whatever defenders I had left and spending my coins to buy more in the capital.
    Well here we are. The BTH event has just finished and after spending a week collecting and losing influence and sitting around 2-300 in the rankings, dropping to 798 with 1 hour to go, we end up with no reward and nothing to show for all our efforts. Yay!! A truly worthwhile experience once again.
    And as per usual, we have no idea where we actually came in the rankings. Excellent!!
    None of the construction and upgrade tokens I collected during the event, have made it to my main castle either. Fabulous!!

Watch ur rank till the end and you know where you end.

Tokens don't transfer from BTH, only from Outers (daily duties & main rewards) .. only rubies do

Watch ur rank till the end and you know where you end.

Actually the ranking at the end doesn't include what players have in their castles so at present there is no way of knowing where you finish except for the rewards you get. Hopefully GGE will change that and produce a final ranking one day but there are other more important flaws they need to fix first..
  • Again, I will have to insist on requiring evidence for the "cheating", done by Rawside. Obviously, player(s) who make such strong statements and also know the manipulations to cheat clearly must have past experience of trying to cheat the system, which is summed up by this expression, "It takes a thief to catch a thief." Therefore, someone who suspects that another player (or alliance) is cheating, then they have done it themselves. Anyway, just to show you the gulf between the German server and the UK server, there is simply no contest. 

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    edited 02.01.2020
    did i accuse rawside of cheating?

i have never played the german server so i have no idea if and how they play day to day.  So i am not exactly sure what the glory rankings have to do with anything?

Unless its to prove germany have many more top end payers, in fact more players full stop than any other server. So as i put in my above post i am not claiming that rawside do not deserve to win the event, as they are no doubt the strongest alliance of all the servers, what i am saying is that the event can be manipulated, and IS being manipulated.

The only alliance i accused straight up of cheating were the egyptions who were offering up points for sale, and that they must have found a buyer as they points dropped 600m then went back up 500m 30 mins later.

If you read between the lines thats describing exactly how its done.  if you keep your eyes open in the event you will be able to see it being done.

And the accusation that just becsue i know how its done means i must have done it is way off base, despite being asked by other alliances to do it.  there is all sorts of things going on, and all you have to do is open your eyes and watch it unfold in front of you.

And the only other time i have come accross bruno 5 is in the event where you could win the sword & shield.  And GGE in their wisdom chose to use shapeshifters as the final event.  An event that can be very easily manipulated.  I refused to participate in the final round of that event so came 50th (last) as I didnt see the point in participating in an event that was obviously going to be simply arranged hits.  Its not that i couldnt have done exactly the same thing i could its really not difficult.  I dont mind a proper contest but arranged hits are totally and utterly pointless.  So its not exactly a new thing.  Of course he never commented so it was my supposition, but the score achieved can only have been arranged hits, and some other servers that also achieved similar scores did admit to manipulating the scores.

As i put then its not that i was protesting that bruno 5 didnt deserve to win the event as he has been one of the top players in this game for a very long time.  Rather the absurdity of running an event that can be manipulated.

And this event at least in part can be manipulated, players will do what players do and they will find ways to gain advantages.  I dont blame any players for exploiting these things, but the fact that GGE design events that can be manipulated and bring in things into the game that encourage cheating is plain crazy.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Well here we are. The BTH event has just finished and after spending a week collecting and losing influence and sitting around 2-300 in the rankings, dropping to 798 with 1 hour to go, we end up with no reward and nothing to show for all our efforts. Yay!! A truly worthwhile experience once again.

We're in the same boat, and it feels like we've been ripped off. Look, we don't expect to be top ranked, but if we can stay in the top 1,000 we expect to get the rewards promised. Here's a few questions for GGE SUPPORT:

1. If we are showing as rank (in this case) 942 at the very end of the event, is that our actual rank for rewards allocation, or is there some other point where the rank is used to determine rewards?
    2. Is your reward entitlement determined at the end of the event, at the time of the last influence transfer, or after the end of the event? Or at some other time or based on factors other than just influence?
    3. Is only influence in your capital counted towards your rank, or is residual influence in each player's main also counted?

So many questions, but it's hard to think of a scoring and ranking scenario so convoluted that we didn't earn the rewards.

BTW, this is two BtH events in a row where we feel we've been cheated. Would be good to get some clear info from GGE SUPPORT.

We're in the same boat, and it feels like we've been ripped off. Look, we don't expect to be top ranked, but if we can stay in the top 1,000 we expect to get the rewards promised. Here's a few questions for GGE SUPPORT:

1. If we are showing as rank (in this case) 942 at the very end of the event, is that our actual rank for rewards allocation, or is there some other point where the rank is used to determine rewards?
    2. Is your reward entitlement determined at the end of the event, at the time of the last influence transfer, or after the end of the event? Or at some other time or based on factors other than just influence?
    3. Is only influence in your capital counted towards your rank, or is residual influence in each player's main also counted?

So many questions, but it's hard to think of a scoring and ranking scenario so convoluted that we didn't earn the rewards.

BTW, this is two BtH events in a row where we feel we've been cheated. Would be good to get some clear info from GGE SUPPORT.
    The final tally is what is in your capital at the end of the event PLUS whatever each player is holding in their castles. This is why the ranking ladder is useless at the end of the event as its not a true reflection of where alliances are.
    The event continues for 2 1/2 hours after the last transfer of influence so GGE can get the whales to open their wallets again..
  • forestw (AU1)forestw (AU1) AU1 Posts: 364

GGE does not "cheat" anyone. 
    Do you have any idea how hard Mrs. Lesch's son works to keep these games going? He misses out of family dinner, family movie night and church services because he is always in the basement working on these games. 
    Senior Officer
    Boo Masters Alliance - AU1 and World1 servers
    *a division of the DPRK Gaming Club
    For recruitment inquiries, contact Juggernaut or Sam
    For FREE Giveaway Events, message me or OldBags1973
  • dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) US1 Posts: 461

GGE does not "cheat" anyone. 
    Do you have any idea how hard Mrs. Lesch's son works to keep these games going? He misses out of family dinner, family movie night and church services because he is always in the basement working on these games. 
    Why doesn't Mrs. Lesch's son hire another developer to work with him? Welcome to the concept of teamwork.
    Proudly a member of Kings All on US1!

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

(thanks @Link c0p (GB1) )

================
    Can we talk about games thats not gge yet? Or is this still north korea?
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    Why would you call our sponsor a "dictatorship?"
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• Dudester (INT1)Dudester (INT1) INT1 Posts: 127
    edited 04.01.2020

• dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) US1 Posts: 461
    Temprance said:

-Your Empire Team
    Thanks for removing the post about the event! Now I can't even find what the event was supposed to be.
    Proudly a member of Kings All on US1!

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

(thanks @Link c0p (GB1) )

================
    Can we talk about games thats not gge yet? Or is this still north korea?
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    Why would you call our sponsor a "dictatorship?"
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• can u please fix the numbers in arabic servers its wrong we have the 123 in arabic not hindi numbers and time in an building is wrong it should be from left not right 
Sign In to comment.