Beyond the Horizon - Feedback

Comments

• I guess you didnt see it then.

I did start to post up a very full explanation of exactly how the scam was done but obviously it wasnt as obvious as i had thought so i will just mail support for what good that will do, but lets just say that after the first team did it (top2 team!)   lots of other teams noticed, and the last few hours were FULL of people manipulating their scores!

So whilst it may have been fairly low key this time around I can pretty much guarantee that if nothing changes in the next event it will be very very common practice as you know how these things spread.

Sorry, I thought you was referring to the Samurai tournament Phil, in that case, I do apologise. As it stands, I looked at the rankings and saw my old alliance (Insomniak) in the top 15, and also Parabellum (my other old French alliance) there too. Within the first few days, it was an Egyptian alliance that was top, then Rawside then that Polish alliance who is always in and around the top 5 for outers (especially the might points version.) It is possible that the Egyptian alliance was actually an alliance of players from the Dubai/Emirates and other rich oil countries from the Arabian peninsula. Again, I apologise for the misunderstanding.

• LegendaryKing73 (GB1) said:

However, you need to take into consideration that many of those 7,900 alliances also have clans i.e

RAWSIDE30_DE1#1
    RAWSIDE30_DE1#2
    RAWSIDE30_DE1#3

These 3 aforementioned will take up the first 3 places in a hypothetical situation, then there is:

RAWSIDE_DE1#1
    RAWSIDE_DE1#2
    RAWSIDE_DE1#3

So, with that being said, most of the major ruby alliances that have 65 players in each, will have at least 3 clans of 22 players each. Unlike the UK server with only 3-4 alliances with 65 players, the German server can boast a top 20 of alliances with 65 players easily. Therefore, with German all by itself, with its top 20 alliances, they can take up at least 60 of those ranking places. 

So, my question is to the mods and community manager is this; is it possible that even though there maybe more than 7k of alliances, most of them are clans and thus will receive the same awards as the parent alliance in BTH? Is it possible that an alliance that finds itself in 4,000th place is in fact in around the 900th place therefore capable of receiving the rewards? Personally, it would be better to leave the clan ranking out of it, that way an alliance can see where it really is in the ranking simply by accumulating all the points won per day by all clans.
    Each "Clan" as you put it are ranked separately in the BtH Event.  That is why you see them listed as such:

IF the event were to end as shown above, the 22 people in RAWSIDE 30_DE1 would receive the rank 3 rewards, and the 22 people in RAWSIDE 30_DE1#1 would receive the level 4 rewards.  

Unfortunately,  those in 4,000th place are really in 4,000th place.  

The point you are making is that those 65 person alliances ARE taking 3 spots out of the 1,000 places that can receive rewards.  WORSE, that ONE alliance is in line to take 2 of the 5 spots that get the Relic Bakery and Storehouse.   

However, they are doing nothing wrong.  In fact, they are doing exactly what GGS hoped would happen.  The BIG spenders are spending even MORE because they are split up between groups.  3 groups spending $500 each is MUCH better for GGS than one alliance spending $1,000.

What WOULD be nice, is if they extended the rewards group and evened out the amount of the rewards.

But, that wouldn't "entice" the spenders as much.  The ability to BUY your way into that exclusive of a club, is what it is really all about...……..
    its common sense gge is a german company so everything in outers/horizons goes to the german serv 
    try haveing just the 6500 rubie package and forget about the rest then its a chalange for everyone 

buying the top spots is not a chalange
  • dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) Posts: 449US1
    Schrodinger's Cat!

Were the extra influence points people got added or weren't they? You will never know!

Not so sure that the Schrodingers cat analogy is relevant to what you posted. The analogy of Schrodingers cat implies that the cat is in a state of being both dead/alive at the same time, and implies that we will know when we open the box. However, with regards to BTH, you are slightly correct about not knowing but then we will never know because GGE will definitely not give the results.
    Mmmm... technically a superposition of dead and alive but we won't go into that. Either way, we never open the box :smile:
    Proudly a member of Kings All on US1!

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

(thanks @Link c0p (GB1) )

================
    Can we talk about games thats not gge yet? Or is this still north korea?
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    Why would you call our sponsor a "dictatorship?"
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,816GB1
    edited 13.12.2019
    the egyption alliance were out activly trying to sell their points guaranteeing whoever bought them top 10 alliance place and top 10 individual places.,  when I posted up the first post. when i posted the 2nd post they has lost around 600 million points, a few hours later they had 500 million back.

Hense the the post i guess they found a buyer and they came through on their promise of  guaranteeing god knows how many top 10 individual places plus a top 10 alliance place.  Whilst still retainign 2nd place.

After this i wasnt the only person to notice and there were quite a few other alliances doing the same thing.

GGE have been informed about this and you know what they said or did....... yep nothing not interested despite being shown mails offerign to sell the points.  Despite being told what was done how it was done and by who.  

So basicaly already the event is massivly compromised.  But do GGE care?  nope are they gonna change it? nope,  becasue they dont care it breaks their TOS, they dont care the event is compromised, they dont care they designed yet another event that can be easily fixed, as long as the money keeps rolling in Fairness, a level playing field is the least of their concerns.

now the cat is out of the bag how it can be manipulated, just wait till next time you will have people in the top 100 that have simply sent out 32 macemen.

Brilliant GGE, Brilliant.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 2,077INT3
    now the cat is out of the bag 

Was the cat dead or alive?

Schrodinger wanted to know...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) Posts: 449US1
    now the cat is out of the bag 

Was the cat dead or alive?

Schrodinger wanted to know...……...
    Looks like the superposition of quantum states has collapsed, along with GGE's reputation for making quality content lol.
    Proudly a member of Kings All on US1!

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

(thanks @Link c0p (GB1) )

================
    Can we talk about games thats not gge yet? Or is this still north korea?
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    Why would you call our sponsor a "dictatorship?"
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) Posts: 490NL1
    edited 17.12.2019
    Just received a questionnaire about this Horizon event.
    One question was impossible to answer...

Which rank did we reach? How should I know?! The final rankings were never published!!!

Besides, the ranking categories were different in the event than in the choices listed above.
    We received the reward corresponding to ranks 401-600. Now which of the shown options should I choose?
    Wiglema (NL1)
    yeah i didnt bother as yet again the questionaire was totally loaded.

Which 3 things were your favourite.

PMSL an excuse for GGE to say well everyone liked lots of things about the event.

There needs to be options to say nothing not pick 3 things that you dont agree with, thats not a questionaire its a stitch up
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • sNeakY (INT3)sNeakY (INT3) Posts: 20INT3
    how im i supposed to compete with someone who has a fully built castle with one click of a ruby purchase. ? 
    and me with a stupid free castle , i know the game needs money to blah blah blah , but damn , there is a big gap between the non rubie buyer and rubie buyer.
     in summary 
    fail event 
  • Tony C (INT1)Tony C (INT1) Posts: 19INT1
    how im i supposed to compete with someone who has a fully built castle with one click of a ruby purchase. ? 
    and me with a stupid free castle , i know the game needs money to blah blah blah , but damn , there is a big gap between the non rubie buyer and rubie buyer.
     in summary 
    fail event 

Couldn't agree more.
    I understand the need for ruby buyers to get some benefits, but the balance is totally too far in their favour, not just this event but the whole game now.
    As soon as you join this event and your bird ends, you just get hit by multiple players with much higher level castles, including L70's attacking L11's so no hope of defending and winning. The big alliances suck all the influence points away from all the smaller ones. So only the big alliances get the nice rewards at the end, and the gap grows even further.
    I wish there was even just one single event in this game where it was equal between ruby and non-ruby players, where you could not get any advantage from buying rubies. Just one event where non-ruby players could compete equally. Where it was fair, where skill and strategy determines success, not how many rubies you buy or don't buy. GGS actually had this opportunity when designing this new event to do exactly that, but of course they didn't....as always the game is too far in favour of pay to win.
    Tony C @ WWW 1
     in summary 
    fail event 

Couldn't agree more.
    I understand the need for ruby buyers to get some benefits, but the balance is totally too far in their favour, not just this event but the whole game now.
    As soon as you join this event and your bird ends, you just get hit by multiple players with much higher level castles, including L70's attacking L11's so no hope of defending and winning. The big alliances suck all the influence points away from all the smaller ones. So only the big alliances get the nice rewards at the end, and the gap grows even further.
    I wish there was even just one single event in this game where it was equal between ruby and non-ruby players, where you could not get any advantage from buying rubies. Just one event where non-ruby players could compete equally. Where it was fair, where skill and strategy determines success, not how many rubies you buy or don't buy. GGS actually had this opportunity when designing this new event to do exactly that, but of course they didn't....as always the game is too far in favour of pay to win.
    i cant even bother to play this event , total failure ... 
    the aim of it was to bring together all rubie whales in one sever so that they can battle it out and gge earns more.

you know whats very funny ? it was beyond me actually.
    the time of upgrading things has not been reduced , its the same as the normal great empire .  
    how can an event that lasts one week make me upgrade my keep for 24 hrs ? 
    this is gge way of saying you either buy rubies and progress or get smashed. 
    yes gge , we get you loud and clear.  
    one day u and your employees, will be the only players in the game. 

• commando (US1)commando (US1) Posts: 475US1
    do the city states ever reset?
    commando @ usa 1
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) Posts: 101AU1
    Yes and then also disappear but we are not told the mechanics behind it..  

I have to ask the GGE brains department who thought finishing this event on Christmas Day a good idea?????

I have to ask the GGE brains department who thought finishing this event on Christmas Day a good idea?????
    You are making the mistake of assuming that there was a THOUGHT behind it...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

seriously.....we knocked out the first city states on the first day of the event and they have not respawned yet.   are they ever going to respawn or is the event broken?
    commando @ usa 1
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) Posts: 101AU1
    they may reset the last day but us players don'r really know and GGE wont say..

Its a lottery this event
    i think i got it now.    the german alliances full of GGE employees know what the mechanics of the event are but the rest of us are running blind.   
    commando @ usa 1
    seriously.....we knocked out the first city states on the first day of the event and they have not respawned yet.   are they ever going to respawn or is the event broken?
    I have not entered this round of BtH.  Just cannot get excited about it.  Maybe next time.

That being said, what I have seen in each of the prior ones, the City States IN CERTAIN AREAS respawn.  I have no idea the game mechanics behind where that area is to be located.  But, I have been close to areas and far away from areas that respawn.  

So, as @Fordy (AU1) said, it really is a lottery in there...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Of course they dont want us to know how its supposed to work, there is a reason why they deleted all the threads, and it has nothign to do with housekeeping.

They dont want us to know that way when something breaks they can pretend it was on purpose.  And we cant prove otherwise.

Philt123 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.