Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Is Kingdom's League a waste of time for under lvl 70's?

Think I'll answer my own question...yes it is a waste of time, paricularly with regard to nomads.
Being a level 66, I can hit nomads all day, with a 250% boost on and find myself tens of thousands of points behind the lvel 70's in my league. This is purely because you need to be level 70 to enrage the Khan to provoke an attack...or is it another ploy by GGE to "encourage" lower levels to spend on boosts which are useless in this particular part of the event?
A level playing field is all I ask. Surely they can come up with something to make this fairer for us

Answers

• MartenE3 (NL1)MartenE3 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 131
    I don't play for the KL, I play for nomads and by doing that I score points in the KL.
    As someone under level 70 you shouldnt expect to get #1 in the KL and I do not think it's worth it to make a seperate level for all below 70, as
    1: what do you do when someone reaches level 70 halfway during the event,
    2: if you make a seperate below 70 category, you're gonna have to make seperate categories within that too, as a level 30 cant compete with a level 60.
    3: the KL are all just extra rewards, whatever you're getting is extra and not the main rewards, so anything should be welcome to be honest.
    4: as a result of (2), some of the level categories will be so small on most servers that there won't be more than 50 people competing, of which maybe 5 are actually active. Which means that the reward pool should be so small that if you're active you would probably earn more when competing in the level 70 pool, even if you don't end up in the first place all the time.

Just my thoughts.
  • Think I'll answer my own question...yes it is a waste of time, paricularly with regard to nomads.
    Being a level 66, I can hit nomads all day, with a 250% boost on and find myself tens of thousands of points behind the lvel 70's in my league. This is purely because you need to be level 70 to enrage the Khan to provoke an attack...or is it another ploy by GGE to "encourage" lower levels to spend on boosts which are useless in this particular part of the event?
    A level playing field is all I ask. Surely they can come up with something to make this fairer for us

Why is it a waste of time though? I use the KL to improve my own standards otherwise there is no other motivation. Now that you are in a league and admitting to using a ruby bonus, that means you are a competitor by nature and if that is the case, then so be it. What you also should know is that whatever problem you have is not always between lower levels and level 70s. This can happen between level 70s too. There have been many cases where some player has got over 150k of tablets in a blink of an eye. I was on 65k and I thought to myself, how can I compete with that. You just don't unless you are prepared to continue buying rubies. Secondly, why on earth should you be buying 250% bonuses?

Let us put it this way, with 4k-5k of each nomad bonus tool, you shouldn't have the need to buy the bonus. Those amount of tools could get you to 70k-75k of tablets easily. If you want to compete with the best, then you have to spend like the rest.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    In a nut shell:

If you don't know how it works, it is a waste of time.

If you DO know how it works, even under level 70's can get good rewards from it.

Learn the game...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• I DO know the game and you both make valid points...however, the KL should be a level playing field, everyone having the same opportunities...then it comes down to determination or possibly spending power but at least the choice is there to be made. When the dice is loaded in favour of some, then there is no point in making the effort.. Ending in 6th with 1k points is the same as ending 6th with 4k points
  • I DO know the game and you both make valid points...however, the KL should be a level playing field, everyone having the same opportunities...then it comes down to determination or possibly spending power but at least the choice is there to be made. When the dice is loaded in favour of some, then there is no point in making the effort.. Ending in 6th with 1k points is the same as ending 6th with 4k points
    There is no such thing as a "level playing field", in empire. That is the way it has been since the day of its inception and it exists today. What we have to do is play with the means that we have. Put it this way, I cannot go around buying 250% bonuses just to get ahead, I had to earn the tools from the blacksmith. In the end, I ended up with 70k of tablets.

There is one thing that is bothering me and that is, did you invest your silver/gold tokens in time skips? As I am sure the others did when it comes to maxed out camps. For example, you can get a maximum 150 * 1 hour skips and so many 30 minute skips (this has been reduced from 230 * 30 minute skips) and therefore, it affords you another 150 hits on a nomad. Now, putting on a couple of bonus ladders will get you past the 75 tablets needed for a bonus point. That is just over 11k of nomad tokens. If you put just enough tools to get around 300 tablets per hit, then you are talking about 44k of tablets for 150 hits.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    edited 29.11.2019
    I DO know the game and you both make valid points...however, the KL should be a level playing field, everyone having the same opportunities...then it comes down to determination or possibly spending power but at least the choice is there to be made. When the dice is loaded in favour of some, then there is no point in making the effort.. Ending in 6th with 1k points is the same as ending 6th with 4k points
    Your comment reveals that you do NOT understand how KL works.  It is essentially a success based ranking system.  This gives ANYONE from ANY level the ability to win the whole thing.  Not likely that a non high level 70s would win it, but then again, should they?  No.

I played KL many times as a non level 70, and typically ended up in the 1,000 - 1,250 range at the end.  Never spending any money on boosters.  Last KL as a level 70, I ended  up in the under 1,000 level for rewards.  Again, never spending any money.  Currently in 510 place, but it is very early in this one.

IF it is your suggestion that a level 55, or level 32, should have the SAME opportunity to win the SAME rewards as the level 70s, I think you would find that suggestion laughed out of the room.  IF you suggest that there should be a level 10 - 39, level 40 - 69, and level 70+ groupings, you would get the exact SAME complaints.  The level 12 has no chance against the level 35.  The level 44 has no chance against the level 67.  AND yes, my Level 70/15 has no chance against an active level 70/800.

So, what can one do????  LEARN how the KL works.  Since it groups people based on success, those who win GOLDs early on get placed into the same groupings as the League moves forward.  Those who don't, get placed into a lower tiered grouping.  How can we use this to our advantage?  Pick an event you DON'T like.  (FI / BC)  When they are in town, send a couple hits to get out of 8th place, but don't try for 1st.  Use the time to build your troops and tools up for the next Nomads. Let the other people get the GOLD wings, and get into the higher level next round.  You will get grouped with a more reasonable grouping of people.  

As a reminder, you only need ONE Gold Wing to get rewards from KL at the end.  Even rank 10,000 get the level 15 base food.  Anyone who gets ONE GOLD wing and end up in 10,000+ has to suffer with a level 13 base food.  Still real good reward for barely any effort.  

IF you want to WIN IT ALL - Then spend the money to level up to 70/800.  It can be done for the right price.  Then, spend for all the boosters needed to get past any other crazy spender in your Group.  Congrats.  For the same price as a house, you get 1st place in KL!  

I am certain you would find the return on your investment worth it...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• I get great rewards and ijm a level 65 and I git 3 relic cast

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file