Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beyond the Horizon - Feedback

Comments

• Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 304
    I also have a single question regarding the final score. When the last points are moved from player to capital, there are still around 2 hours until the event ends. If you get more points after that, do they count for your final ranking, or the only thing you do is mess up the others?
    What is held in your Personal Influence will add to the Capital Influence for your Alliance total.

Really, just have your alliance get a couple of city-states that collect at the right time, and hit a few capitals at the right time, to end up with around 100k - 150k total influence and you will end in top 1000...…
    I don't think that is correct.  The points you have in the Capital are your final ranking position.  After the daily changeover of points on the last day, you cannot add to your total, but you can remove it from others moving their alliance down the rankings.  Perhaps @Crom Cruach can give us a definitive answer on this matter.

Osiris @ en 1
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 386
    From the description of the event posted by Temprance in the October Update Announcement.
    "The winning Alliance will be the Alliance with the most Influence at the end of the event. Player Influence not yet transported on the final day of the event will be converted into Alliance Influence as the event ends."

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 386
    Really, just have your alliance get a couple of city-states that collect at the right time, and hit a few capitals at the right time, to end up with around 100k - 150k total influence and you will end in top 1000...…
    Easier said than done @Wasso (INT3), I didn't even see an observation tower or city state within 100 clicks until this morning, and by then it was too late to capture them.
    And how is it that some alliances are able to hide their capital by transferring it to another player down the list, then having their leader capture an outpost and name it "Capital". Very Sneaky if you ask  me.

All that said, I'm not a big fan of this event either. I agree with @Philt123 (GB1) that it is SERIOUSLY flawed and skewed towards the top 0.1%. I find that it is a waste of my time and energy playing this event, with little to no prospect of a reward. I have done so twice now, and really don't think I will bother again.

All the best to those of you who can be bothered
    Regards
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    Easier said than done @Wasso (INT3), I didn't even see an observation tower or city state within 100 clicks until this morning, and by then it was too late to capture them.
    And how is it that some alliances are able to hide their capital by transferring it to another player down the list, then having their leader capture an outpost and name it "Capital". Very Sneaky if you ask  me.

All that said, I'm not a big fan of this event either. I agree with @Philt123 (GB1) that it is SERIOUSLY flawed and skewed towards the top 0.1%. I find that it is a waste of my time and energy playing this event, with little to no prospect of a reward. I have done so twice now, and really don't think I will bother again.

All the best to those of you who can be bothered
    Regards
    Debbie
    @eibbed62 (AU1)  True, it isn't always a simple task.  A lot depends on where you end up.  The first time, my alternate account was in an area that the city-states respawned every day.  My Wasso account was in an area that NEVER saw a respawn.  So, Wasso had to steal from Capitals daily, while the other account just capped the City-States.

But, for me, I am a one person Alliance.  I get ONE shot at my placement.  For those with 20, you can end up all over the map.  There should be a couple or three who end up close enough to an area that would be able make a City-State capture with about 8.1 hours to go.   The rest of your team, just hit as many Capitals as you can.  

The real final placements of the non-ruby-super-whales will depend on the activity in that last 2 hours AFTER the influence transfer on the final day.  With about 30 mins to go, 1000th place had 100,000 Alliance influence.  

The transferring of the Capital to the Non-Leader describes the process wrong.  The Capital is assigned to the first person who joins from your Alliance.  As the first person, they are also given the crown.  As we all know, the Crown can be passed to another person.  But, the Capital can't.  That is likely a simple thing those who developed the event never thought of.  After all, they don't spend NEARLY enough time playing this game themselves.  That those who play CAN figure it out, and be "sneaky" enough to name their outposts "Capital", is just good gameplay in my book.  Having to search every member for the specific icon that no one is really familiar with just yet and kind of looks like every other icon.  Brilliant!!!

You will likely see dozens of outposts named "Capital" in the third running of BtH.  Even though the thought of a third running fills the masses with dread...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

I also have a single question regarding the final score. When the last points are moved from player to capital, there are still around 2 hours until the event ends. If you get more points after that, do they count for your final ranking, or the only thing you do is mess up the others?
    What is held in your Personal Influence will add to the Capital Influence for your Alliance total.

I don't think that is correct.  The points you have in the Capital are your final ranking position.  After the daily changeover of points on the last day, you cannot add to your total, but you can remove it from others moving their alliance down the rankings.  Perhaps @Crom Cruach can give us a definitive answer on this matter.

In addition to what Debbie posted, this is how my other account made top 1000 the first time.  I had captured a City-State with 20 mins to go for the entire EVENT.  That last 100,000 gave me top 1000 in that account as well as my Wasso one.

Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• I would like to point out some terrible aspects of the event. First is the whole, I repeat, the whole new level of pay to win challenge. No game can ever beat that. If that was the record you were after - congratulations. Secondly, is the end of the event. So basically you can spent the whole last day to collect, and collect, and then again - collect points with the hope to get a decent ranking. Well, the timer hits and your capital is suddenly in the top100. But the first alliance notices that and guess what happens next - they can attack you, and they can get your points. Like what the? And thats not all - they can literally send full scale attack, because why not? You may be level 13 or something, with level 1 towers and with some luck 120 defenders on the wall. But they attack you like they are against level 70 player. And if that's fair, someone can try to talk me into it. I wanna know - why do you have to make the pay to win aspect of an event so ridiculous. All the hard work me and my alliance have put into this, do you have an idea of what it costs as time? And all that time can go to waste for a matter of 1 hour. I strongly think that GGE MUST change how the event works, and not put in even more disadvantage the players that doesn't want to nullify their credit cards. That disadvantage is so huge, so enormously insane, that I wont exaggerate if I say this - there is no point in playing the event at this stage. And you will see that ALL smaller alliances will quit playing it. And believe me - this will result in less paying, so beware and stop making mistakes before it's too late, I know you are after the money!

I expect my comment to reach the management. I will start even messaging directly, spamming if needed.

You have only just realised this? This is basically OR, but aan alliance version. Secondly, I know that all alliances that finished in the top 20 are massive ruby alliances that always win on their own server, every single event going and it is the same name. Basically, you knew what was going to happen and you fell for it. There is a famous quote from Einstein that may fit this perfectly.

• This event is absolutely awful.
    There is nothing I enjoy less than defending a dozen attacks per night, and even with spending rubies got absolutely caned by the whales.
    Its near impossible to get a half decent comm or castellan simply by looting because the gold coin rewards are pitiful.
    Although the rewards are great, if you can get them, this is an event I will not return to unless there is some serious redesign to make it possible for the average player to achieve, and I suspect that many others feel similarly.  
    Since the premium relic ingredients are only available from this competition, this inevitably means that non/low rubies players are now at a serious disadvantage in the main game when it comes to food generation/storage.
    This is an event solely for the heavy purchasers of rubies

This is an event for the alliances who win all the events on their own domestic server. Basically, KoN for US1, Parabellum for FR1, The Praets from UK1 etc etc etc ad nauseum. All these alliances have the biggest ruby whales and when they get to go against the quality of Rawside from DE1, then they are the first to spit their dummies by saying it isn't fair.

• TK07 (SKN1)TK07 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 27
    Not worth the effort from what I hear in my ally.

Buy and spent ruby. Buy coin Castellan for both castle and Capital and a lot of defenders.
    Was in top 500, 3 hours before the event ended.

They could not sit up all night and wait, no report about how it ended and no gifts at all!?!

Looks like this event is only for top 10 at each server.

• shillo (INT1)shillo (INT1) INT1 Posts: 31
    Did anyone here that did not end in top 1000 get any rewards?

Because last time when the event ended i got premium materials without ending in top 1000 but this time i got nothing.
  • TK07 (SKN1)TK07 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 27

Because last time when the event ended i got premium materials without ending in top 1000 but this time i got nothing.
    My ally did not get anything and we dont know how we ended! We was in top 500 3 hours before it ended.

I think we will recommend not to go there anymore, waste of time and money.
  • shillo (INT1)shillo (INT1) INT1 Posts: 31

My ally did not get anything and we dont know how we ended! We was in top 500 3 hours before it ended.

I think we will recommend not to go there anymore, waste of time and money.
    Ok i see, then i guess no one received rewards yet probably if u did actually end up in top 1000 and not get anything.

No need to worry my friend, u will get ur rewards if u ended top 1000 definitely, and just enter and play the maximum you can with the less effort and less money, why give everything when they don't? :)
  • On the us1 server there is an alliance that sums up this event perfectly with their initials. Fluffy Unicorns, or as they like to do;

FFFFFFFFFF      U           U
    FF                        U           U
    FFFFFFFFFF      U           U
    FF                         U         U
    FF                          UUUU

I would much rather that underworld and thorn king come back.
  • The forum software needs some work. My Us were lined up perfectly until I posted.
  • DK Banana (GB1)DK Banana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 84
    I still think it is fun. Hey, this IS a game. You can pay to try to get to the top, or you can engage brain and figure a strategy that will bring you decent rewards, like a super fat food store (premium relic food tokens really do change the game).
    Playing long, defending successfully against repeated Vet horror attacks by someone not very cleaver who cannot set up a decent attack so you stuff him/her with standard coin defenders time after time is enjoyable.
    This event, much more than Outers (I have so many tokens I can never use them up...) tests your strategic ability to defend and to cannily pick up points when it matters.
    Overall the event feels like the old game on speed (because it is only 9 days). Loads of PvP, wins, losses and often total mayhem. There are times to defend and times for a scorched earth tactic, to limit losses and ensure the big hitter's friends get a nasty surprise when they turn up.
    I'll be back, haven't had so much fun since the last one, which I only joined in the last few days, as I was rather jaded with the game. Enthusiasm is a little rekindled now.
    edited 25.11.2019
    On the us1 server there is an alliance that sums up this event perfectly with their initials. Fluffy Unicorns, or as they like to do;

FFFFFFFFFF       U           U
    FF                            U           U
    FFFFFFFFFF       U           U
    FF                             U         U
    FF                              UUUU

I would much rather that underworld and thorn king come back.
    The forum software needs some work. My Us were lined up perfectly until I posted.

The "Edit" function is a wonderful thing...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• This event cannot be won unless you are very rich. We battled us through the 10 days in this dairy farm for rubyplayers. Very funny if you are level 30 and leg 35 pays you a visit with his blue com. 

We remained within the top 1000, but still no rewards. People are tired, demotived and now also furious.
    I have a very important question. At 00:30 H once a day the influence is transferred. Then the game ends 2,5 h later in the middle of the night.
    What happens with the points that are robbed after the last transfer? Do we loose them? Or is the outcome fixed at 00:30 H?

More important why didn't we get our rewards? When are we going to receive them? Actually I expected to find a message here about this issue. I am very disappointed.

@Mystery_Princes (NL1) the final standings are taken at 00:00.  All Personal Influence is added to the Alliance Influence and that makes up the Total Influence for your Team.  Where you land at THAT point, is what determines your rewards.

One of the MANY problems is, no one gets to see that final listing...….....
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 297
    Banana is spot on, rewards are possible without spending just need the right strategy. Speaking of that it does help if you understand the rules before you enter, it has been said a few times but players still don't fully understand the final total is only done at the event end not when the last points are sent to the capital. All points you accrue in the last 2.5 hours do count and what is in you main is added to your capital to get your final tally. This makes it impossible to know what you need for top 1k ( or any rewards) as it changes drastically but also the way GGE want it as it makes some spend even more at the last couple of hours even though it may not be necessary. 

CROM
    Can you please advise if there are to be any further changes before the next edition starts (yes it will be return as can be seen by the amount of vet horrors and relic comms used during the event)

Will city states stay as it was this time and when capped it would be an 8 hour occupation regardless if it was already capped? or will it return to the way the first one was run, that being you can cap a city with a minute left and its over in that minute.

The armoury stayed this time till the event finished unlike the first time when it was removed for the last 3 hours. This is a major change that as usual we weren't notified of by GGE. I understand why it was left this time as it increases your revenue if players can continue to buy coin defenders and ruby spenders need to buy ruby troops to overcome this. 

City state re-spawning seemed much reduced this time, was that deliberate and will it be like that next edition.

Thanks in advance
  • sarah1 (INT2)sarah1 (INT2) INT2 Posts: 123

@Crom Cruach how does this work? also is it based on the top 1-1400 people with influence at the last moment? or is it based on this screen

hope for a fast answer
    sarah1 @ 7
  • What is daily refresh time in Beyond the Horizon event? I mean at what time individual influence changes to alliance influence?
Sign In to comment.