Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Increased Food Production

Hello Good Game

The recent increases in food production has resulted in castles being able to sustain massive armies of defenders.

For example, my current opponent has an average of 20K defenders in each castle.
If my attack breaches, I might kill 5K, but if not, then my attack only kills 3K

Considering that my opponent has a total of 140K defenders, I need to attack him 46 times if I can't breach, or 28 times if I can breach.

And considering that GG sells troops at a rate of 5 Dollars per attack, it will cost me between 230 and 140 Dollars to kill those 140K defenders ... provided he is never supported by his alliance ... but of course he will be ... and provided he doesn't purchase more defenders during my attacks ... which I'm sure he will :(

Good Game, can you not see that the selling of troops, and the increased food production, has made war unwinable, not to mention financially unfeasible, but actually unwinable - because your opponent simply buys more troops ?
nickkruger @ WWW 1

Comments

• Zuko (IN1)Zuko (IN1) IN1 Posts: 62
    edited 12.11.2019
    Forget 5k, if he uses a relic castellan or the shapeshifter castellan with over 85% courtyard bonus, you would not be able to kill more than 4k defenders per attack even if you breach his wall, especially with relic castellans having more than 150% base combat strength for the defenders. 

My suggestion would be to either decrease the courtyard bonus for castellans or increase the courtyard bonus for commanders. That would make it possible to have a significant impact on the defender if you break the wall. 
    Zuko
    Part of UAL
    @IN1
    server

Ps: I am Rajan37 from the old forums 

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    That is their plan.

They want you to either focus on Events (where they get a consistent income stream) or pay BIG MONEY to go to war.  In both cases is helps them make more money...…......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

That is their plan.

They want you to either focus on Events (where they get a consistent income stream) or pay BIG MONEY to go to war.  In both cases is helps them make more money...…......
    While decreasing the player base at the same time . . . 
    Zuko
    Part of UAL
    @IN1
    server

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,240
    Hello 

I am one of those defenders, i hold 22k in every castles and in all honesty if some one send an attack on me with 3200 i will lose 1600. 

I n fact i just wait for the attack on me, i recruit 24hours a day , i let players with money to do the attacking , whilst i use my defender to help players in war , best of both worlds no cost to me , win win 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • All castle lords have the duty to defend against attack. Not only PVP, but NPC as well. Many players have an investment in their castles. That investment needs protection. If you are bent on destoying someone else's investment, then you can just go and 'Cry Me A River.'
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    ........there is the proof that GGS has "listened" to their players and done what is best for GGS.  People don't want to lose their stuff.   So, GGS has made it so Defense can completely overwhelm Offense.  This keeps more players in Events and that is their main income source. 

This game is no longer about PvP, honorable battles over property, or even the search for "Honor and Glory".   It is an Event Based Game.

Yes, I do "cry" over the change of format.  I was one of the only people asking for INT3 to remain "EVENT FREE".  This would have allowed ONE place left for the original game to be played.  With 50 other servers providing the "event income" they could have left ONE place to play the original game.  But, no.  That would be contrary to rule #1.

Rule #1: It's all about the money
    Rule #2: any questions, see rule #1

So, @Iron Man 2 (US1) enjoy your stuff.  Enjoy your Events.  Once the mind gets fully numbed to the endless trains, and same-same of the Events, remember this is what you wanted.

I won't cry for you.......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• nickkruger (INT1)nickkruger (INT1) INT1 Posts: 16
    Thanks Wasso, Very good reply to Iron Man.

Events have their place, at least they used to have their place.

Good Game has never been able to balance their desire for income with ... well anything.

But when it comes to the actual combat ... that must be balanced and playable. 
    nickkruger @ WWW 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    They know they destroyed pvp they do not plan to balance it for the live servers, their excuse is you can do pvp in outer realms xD

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 664
    strange, what would increased courtyard strength help a commander when he cannot breach the walls, I am not much of a strategist but something is not right there.
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    Giving players the option to further increase their food production is a cheap way to keep players interested and to keep them from quitting the game out of boredom. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

Giving players the option to further increase their food production is a cheap way to keep players interested and to keep them from quitting the game out of boredom. 
    Goodgame Studios Revenue (2013) = €102.6 million - Monthly Average - € 8.55 million
    Goodgame Studios Revenue (2014) = €202 million    - Monthly Average - €16.83 million 

Goodgame Studios Revenue(2017 - First 9 months) = €71.1 million - Monthly Average = €7.9 million
    (Note: These were the only years for which I could find revenues easily)

If you can see clearly, the game's revenue rose from 2013 to 2014, which was around the time when PvP was a main part of the game. But with increasing number of event based updates, the game's revenue started falling. For all we know it could have fallen even further. Now I know that a decrease in revenue does not necessarily mean that the player base has shrunk, but I think it is a good indicator of how interested players are.

I hope you see for yourself how well you keep your players 'interested' and how they show their interest by spending on the game.

Note: Goodgame Empire crossed $800 million in lifetime revenues in August 2017 and Goodgame Studios' total lifetime revenue crossed $1 billion in November 2017. This shows that over 80% of their total revenue comes from Empire. So I guess changes in their total revenue would be directly indicative of changes in Empire's revenue. 

Zuko
    Part of UAL
    @IN1
    server

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file