We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beyond the Horrizon... More like Beyond Annoyed.

Comments

• Please do not start requesting Chargebacks, while these are totally valid means of having money returned to you in the case of fraud it is not a means of refund.

If you think you deserve a refund please contact our Customer Support agents and they will go through the process with you quickly and efficently. If you deserve a refund there will be no dispute from us.

If you start issuing chargebacks your accounts will be blocked once the system detects this. This is to also protect us. Chargebacks are in no way a refund mechanism and should never be considered as such. Raising a chargeback creates a legal obligation on us to defend against them. I really implore you not to do this as a method of refund.

I have with a heavy heart edited one of the posts here from @Morentz (US1), which I am very hesitant to do usually. It is a guide as to how to request a chargeback. Please contact Customer Support

@Crom Cruach - " If you think you deserve a refund please contact our Customer Support agents and they will go through the process with you quickly and efficently. If you deserve a refund there will be no dispute from us."

You know fully well we deserved a refund. We've gone through Customer Support. Unfortunately, the process is NOT QUICKLY and EFFICIENTLY.

I urge you to assist us on this process which you yourself recommended.

Joseph Henry217 @ usa 1
  • Oh!!! Great King Eric listen to your Nobel subjects Lords and Ladies daily pleas and for goodness sake remove the wax from your ears sack your jester scribes and send the mafia money making henchmen to the gallows :)
    Manu Castle
    Leader Of

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LV 70 @ en 1
  • The Legion (DE1)The Legion (DE1) Posts: 1,098DE1
    just posted the "compensation" in the german forum. now waiting for the storm ..

still looking for our CM. he's on but no comment still on the issue.
    please feel free to pass on my thoughts to our fellow players, I can only imagine what was invested by DE1 
    and i'm sure we'd all be very interested to hear the thoughts from DE1 regarding this "compensation"

seems that i have to disappoint you. there's nothing. they go on like nothing happened. only words but no action. :-(
    meine beiträge spiegeln ausschließlich meine persönliche meinung/einstellung zum spiel und/oder anderen spielern wider. ich spreche nur für mich und niemals im namen meiner allianz oder allianzführung. 
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) Posts: 2,232ASIA1
    edited 10.11.2019
    The 45 hours of skips is going to help myself out so much, you know how cheap those things are? The OG package was fucking better. #boycott 
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• sissi (GB1)sissi (GB1) Posts: 1GB1

First of all I would like to thank our players for being patient and giving your Moderators and Community Managers some time to discuss with the Studio the issues that were raised in this thread. Everyone at Goodgame Studios is very aware of what was raised and will keep this foremost in their thoughts when it comes to our latest event: Beyond the Horizon. 

Secondly I would like to address the fact that there were some issues with the event, we acknowledge that. We would also like to acknowledge the trojan efforts of our Quality Assurance Staff, our Developers and our Customer Support Agents in dealing with these problems as quickly as they could, for handling the contact with our players and fixing what  was possible to fix. We are committed to improving the event for all players and will maintain our efforts to bring you a fantastic, fun and exciting event in Beyond the Horizon. The issues that caused problems in the first event have now been fixed and will not hinder your enjoyment of future runs.

Finally as an acknowledgement of those players here who invested in our initial run of Beyond the Horizon we have created a gift package that we sincerely hope addresses your experiences during the initial event. Community Management has worked hard to have this gift delivered to you as soon as was possible. The next Beyond the Horizon event will begin on the 14th of November. Players who have begun to play in the event by the 15th of November will automatically receive a booster package. This consists of:

• 80k Coins

• 50k Wood

• 50k Stone

• 50k Food

• 20x 1h Skips

• 5x 5h Skips

Once again we would like to thank you for your patience and we apologise for the bumpy start to our previous Beyond the Horizons event.

thanks for the offer of the GIFT PACKAGE for all players not a bad start now what about the out of court settlement COMPENSATION PACKAGE that the players have asked for
  • bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) Posts: 664AU1
    we are given compensation but only when we try the next episode of a bad product?
    Sorry GGS you have had your chance and binding the compensation on a rejoin is below every customer care.
    I will not join beyond the horizon ever again and I will not buy any more rubies, continued boycott from august 2019.

• @Crom Cruach is this the only "compensation' package being given out? I've been waiting over a week for customer support to get back to me on a REFUND.... Seems like no one wants to address the elephant in the room if you ask me....

Why won't GGS make it's customers/players HAPPY? You have already admitted that the event was FLAWED, let's just make things RIGHT and give out a fair compensation for those who invested money.

P.s I'm enjoying my lvl3 warning for using the word boycott and suggesting others take a stand against GGS. Kind of funny how you can get a warning for that, when clearly the open communication line DIDN'T work.

MacD

• The event was bugged for me, took almost 20 minutes some days to enter it. Then other days when I was in the game players names would appear in my caste. Yes, that is correct, players names would appear overlayed in my castle. This was upsetting. GGE should do something.
  • I agree with this.
  • @Crom Cruach is this the only "compensation' package being given out? I've been waiting over a week for customer support to get back to me on a REFUND.... Seems like no one wants to address the elephant in the room if you ask me....

Why won't GGS make it's customers/players HAPPY? You have already admitted that the event was FLAWED, let's just make things RIGHT and give out a fair compensation for those who invested money.

P.s I'm enjoying my lvl3 warning for using the word boycott and suggesting others take a stand against GGS. Kind of funny how you can get a warning for that, when clearly the open communication line DIDN'T work.

MacD

100 % what mcd said
    SWISSCHEESE48 @ usa 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,932INT3

@Crom Cruach is this the only "compensation' package being given out? I've been waiting over a week for customer support to get back to me on a REFUND.... Seems like no one wants to address the elephant in the room if you ask me....

MacD

100 % what mcd said
    The REAL questions is:  WILL anyone DO anything?

Let's hope it isn't all talk...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

MacD

100 % what mcd said

Wasso, 
    As far as I know in the US Server, we are doing our best in communicating with GGS via this forum. I do not know about INT3 Server where you are at. Many US1 players here expressed their displeased with the joke compensation given by GGS.

Again,  @[email protected]"Crom Cruach"you have said that REFUND is possible if DESERVED. We rightfully DESERVED a REFUND. However, the Customer Support remained silent with regards to our claim. Can you do something about this? I support/believe in amicable talk while waiting for the  swift and efficient Customer Service and a  response of Crom Cruach. I know many like myself BOYCOTTED buying Rubies as first step. Chargeback is still an option when all fails. 

For those of you here who are in different servers, I encourage you to be loud and express your displeased on the joke compensations given by GGS. Boycott buying rubies. 

@[email protected]"Crom Cruach" I would like to hear from you. I would like for you to speak for us. Represent us well ... DO it right by us vs GGS. You know that GGS  screwed its customers by running a damaged Beyond the Horizon event. 

Joseph Henry217 @ usa 1

MacD

Totally in agreement. 
    Joseph Henry217 @ usa 1
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 920Community Manager
    Okay I am going to have to put my foot down very soon. Yes you can talk about boycotts as much as you want, I can't stop you from doing so. However you can't talk about this here on the forum. It's pretty clearly stated in the terms and conditions that you signed up for when you joined.

Please feel free to discuss the event and your frustrations with it, that's totally fine. We are open to negative but constructive feedback. 

We aren't open to calling for boycotts. I have been very lenient so far and have let this run on so everyone could speak their piece. At this point however I would ask that you stop the calls for boycott. If you don't I'm afraid I will have to start enforcing the rules. I would hope that those of you that wanted a refund have gone through the proper channels in asking for one. If you still haven't I would once again ask you to try. 
  • The Legion (DE1)The Legion (DE1) Posts: 1,098DE1
    edited 11.11.2019
    @Crom Cruach

the sad thing is: there is nothing more. to be honest, more would have been a surprise. everyone who tried was denied by the support. anyway ..

everyone in his right mind will not blame you. you tried your best to help the players! that's far more than our CMs did and do. there is still nothing, not even the announcement of this so called compensation. they don't have the balls. 

for me - after almost 8 years -  it all will come to an end now. my job is demanding and in my sparetime i want to relax, recharge the batteries and have fun. no longer possible with this game. pity ..
    meine beiträge spiegeln ausschließlich meine persönliche meinung/einstellung zum spiel und/oder anderen spielern wider. ich spreche nur für mich und niemals im namen meiner allianz oder allianzführung. 

@Crom Cruach is this the only "compensation' package being given out? I've been waiting over a week for customer support to get back to me on a REFUND.... Seems like no one wants to address the elephant in the room if you ask me....

MacD

100 % what mcd said

Wasso, 
    As far as I know in the US Server, we are doing our best in communicating with GGS via this forum. I do not know about INT3 Server where you are at. Many US1 players here expressed their displeased with the joke compensation given by GGS.

Again,  @[email protected]"Crom Cruach"you have said that REFUND is possible if DESERVED. We rightfully DESERVED a REFUND. However, the Customer Support remained silent with regards to our claim. Can you do something about this? I support/believe in amicable talk while waiting for the  swift and efficient Customer Service and a  response of Crom Cruach. I know many like myself BOYCOTTED buying Rubies as first step. Chargeback is still an option when all fails. 

For those of you here who are in different servers, I encourage you to be loud and express your displeased on the joke compensations given by GGS. Boycott buying rubies. 

@[email protected]"Crom Cruach" I would like to hear from you. I would like for you to speak for us. Represent us well ... DO it right by us vs GGS. You know that GGS  screwed its customers by running a damaged Beyond the Horizon event. 

Talk is cheap, and GGS isn't listening.  Or actually, they have listened and gave their answer.  It seems to me that the Forum "feedback" has once again died out.  Only a couple of people are still posting on this, most have moved on.  

Once again, GGS knows their Client Base.  On the whole, no one will join a boycott.  No one will even do a chargeback.  Why?  As Artemis from Ready Player One puts it:  "You are afraid to loose your stuff".  GGS knows this.  (IOI from the same book/movie knew this)  If Parzival put out the same call HERE that he did to the Oasis, "Are you willing to Zero out to 'Save the Oasis?'", he would have recived zero support.  

So, once again, well payed by GGS.  They really do know thier Player Base.  All they need to do is delay, delay, delay, and then throw a bone on Friday before closing time.  They can now say they "addressed the issue" and everyone will get distracted by the next Event that started.

Actually dedicate yourself to try and drive meaningful change?  Ain't nobody got time for that........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Okay I am going to have to put my foot down very soon. Yes you can talk about boycotts as much as you want, I can't stop you from doing so. However you can't talk about this here on the forum. It's pretty clearly stated in the terms and conditions that you signed up for when you joined.

Please feel free to discuss the event and your frustrations with it, that's totally fine. We are open to negative but constructive feedback. 

We aren't open to calling for boycotts. I have been very lenient so far and have let this run on so everyone could speak their piece. At this point however I would ask that you stop the calls for boycott. If you don't I'm afraid I will have to start enforcing the rules. I would hope that those of you that wanted a refund have gone through the proper channels in asking for one. If you still haven't I would once again ask you to try. 
    @[email protected]"Crom Cruach"
    Many here including myself have tried the constructive feedback. We worked hard being patient to get the communication lines open between GGS and ourselves, the customers through yourself and other CMs.We all have gone through the proper channel -- the Customer Service whom you said will work swiftly and efficiently. Were they swiftly? Nope. It took them number of weeks to respond. And when they responded all we got was this :

" Thanks for your response and patience Joseph Henry217,

First of all I would like to thank you for being patient whilst this matter was discussed here at Goodgame Studios. The feedback that you and many other players have provided has been vital in identifying issues with the initial iteration of this event.

We would like to assure you that we are committed to improving the event for all players and will maintain our efforts to bring you a fantastic, fun and exciting event in Beyond the Horizon. Our teams have been working diligently on the issues that you've been reporting and we will be doing our best to ensure that future iterations of the event will run smoothly.

In your case I'm afraid that we are not able to offer a refund on the purchase/s you made in the Beyond the Horizon event.

As a gesture of good will for the difficulties which we were not able to resolve during the run time of the last event, the following package will be made available to you in the next event:
    - 80,000 Coins
    - 50,000 Wood
    - 50,000 Stone
    - 50,000 Food
    - 20 One Hour Time Skips
    - 5 Five Hour Time Skips
    - Influence Boosters
    - Fast Travel Feathers

The next event is scheduled to begin on the 14th of November and the package will be automatically applied on the 15th of November. Please ensure that you have entered the event before this to ensure that you can take advantage of it. We hope that this package will allow you to get a great start in this event.

Once again we would like to thank you for your patience and we apologise for the bumpy start to our previous Beyond the Horizons event. We truly do believe this event has great potential for enjoyment for both individual players and great opportunities for dynamic gameplay with your alliance and we hope that you will soon be able to enjoy this to its fullest extent!

Do let me know if you've got any more questions about this matter (or any other).

Have yourself a GOOD day!

Joey "

@[email protected]"Crom Cruach"
    The true gesture of good will for the difficulties caused by GGE inability to resolve the issues on the Beyond the Horizon event is to REFUND the money spent by the customers or the equivalent rubies at 100% or 150% ruby buy. I urge you as the CM on this forum to state if you honestly believe that the customers doesn't rightfully deserve what we asked for. 

I understand your position and the enforcing the rules. While doing so, provide us with other options that will actually be heard and answered. Are you willing to speak for us to GGS? Are you willing to propose a new Gift Package or facilitate the Refund we ask for?
    Joseph Henry217 @ usa 1
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 920Community Manager
    I will always speak up for the players here, have no fear of that. Right now there is little I can say, your annoyance has been expressed.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,731GB1
    If only GGE enforced its terms and conditions in the game as well as it does on the forum the game wouldnt be in anywhere near as bad shape as it is, with HUGE numbers of multis a massivly increasing numbers of Cheap ruby proxies, with PW sharing not even seen as to be an issue amongst the vast majority of players despite it being against the T&C's

I guess that is just being selective over which rules you choose to enforce.

Par for the course I guess
    Philt123 @ en 1
    I will always speak up for the players here, have no fear of that. Right now there is little I can say, your annoyance has been expressed.
    Yes.  Expressed, passed on, and ignored.

Yes, I DO believe that the "good will package" is the equivalent to being ignored...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Sign In to comment.