Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Troops Losses during downtime

Multiple players have reported lost or missing troops post today's global server crash.

While We understand that these things happen, may we request expedited response from support on such tickets? I am sure there would be numerous such tickets and shouldn't take a lot of effort to search and locate such tickets.

Will surely appreciate a prompt resolution. With the weekend coming up, if action is delayed, changes a lot of things and only makes your customers (aka players) more frustrated.

Comments

• AmazingBrian7 (GB1)AmazingBrian7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 75
    edited 08.11.2019
    Thanks for taking the time to write in to us, I was really sorry to hear of the problem you'd been having. My name is Joey and I'll be helping you out today.

Our analysis teams have been carefully looking into this matter and concluded that it should not be possible for actual losses to occur as a result of this incident.

These troops might well have disappeared however, they will currently be in what is known as a "ghost movement" and will be invisible for all intents and purposes. However they are still traveling as they normally would be.

Keep an eye on the castle you sent them from and they should be back with you shortly!

Do let me know if you've got any more questions about this matter (or any other).

Have yourself a GOOD day!

Bananas !
    Post edited by Crom Cruach on
    AmazingBrian7 @ en 1
  • For the record, this loss was around 30,000 gold / red horrors in total. They still haven't appeared and they are not stationed or in transit (I am around 90,000 food per hour better off and have been all day since the server outage). So it 'should' not be possible, but it bloody well is !

I put a ticket in at 08.25 and didn't get a reply for over 6 hours, conveniently just before German knocking off work time....

I had various boosts still running and was not able to use them due to lack of troops. 

This and the response from GGS is the final straw for me.
    AmazingBrian7 @ en 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    I wonder just how many of these e mails they have sent out today, clearly ALL players are wrong, and they are just imagining losing a load of troops.  Half our alliance had troops walk but I guess they are all imaging it!!!

They are getting the same mail word for word too.  

Not good 

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Phenom (IN1)Phenom (IN1) IN1 Posts: 101

Just received mine. Word to word.

My response.

What ghost movement? The distance they to travel in my id takes 8 minutes without feathers, 2 minutes with them.

They certainly are NOT moving after several hours.

First you screw up with downed servers and then fail to adress issues arising out of auch issues. It's a shame really. Bad programmers and even worse customer service. And knowing your own track record with ' careful ' consideration, you should have not even mentioned that and just said screw you, we are not going to give you aNytHing. 

Shame on you

The way GGS vehemently refuses to trust it's own customers - people who pay for the beers they drink is incredible.

Is it like this across the online gaming industry or is it just them who are bad ? I haven't played any other games online ever so I don't know. Any inputs anyone?

• 'Excuse me, where is the fillet mignon I ordered 4 hours ago please?'

'The waiter might well have disappeared however, he will currently be in what is known as a "ghost movement" and will be invisible for all intents and purposes. However he is still traveling as he normally would be. Keep an eye on the table you ordered from and he should be back with you shortly!'
    AmazingBrian7 @ en 1
  • cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 270
    'Excuse me, where is the fillet mignon I ordered 4 hours ago please?'

'The waiter might well have disappeared however, he will currently be in what is known as a "ghost movement" and will be invisible for all intents and purposes. However he is still traveling as he normally would be. Keep an eye on the table you ordered from and he should be back with you shortly!'
    lmao - now that would be such a successful restaurant! Not
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,233
    edited 07.11.2019
    Thanks for taking the time to write in to us, I was really sorry to hear of the problem you'd been having. My name is Joey and I'll be helping you out today.

Our analysis teams have been carefully looking into this matter and concluded that it should not be possible for actual losses to occur as a result of this incident.

These troops might well have disappeared however, they will currently be in what is known as a "ghost movement" and will be invisible for all intents and purposes. However they are still traveling as they normally would be.

Keep an eye on the castle you sent them from and they should be back with you shortly!

Do let me know if you've got any more questions about this matter (or any other).

BULLSHIT !
    This is the same message and person sent me the same message , this is crap , i thought i was going Mad , but you and others had the same problem 

I loss 3000 horrors no more of my money because an employee made up a line , if they gave them back to me it cost them nothing , but now it will cost them money
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 270
    @Crom Cruach

Sorry Crom, any chance you can find out more on this?

I have not lost any troops personally but have a few teammates that have lost many more troops than GGS have in that packet. Problem for GGS in relying on data analytics is you actually have to have accurate analytics to do so. I have been told in the past that something never happened when I know for a fact that it did. So if you are relying on flawed data then the outcome will also be flawed. 

This will not be something that is settled by the blue box, as for some it is a huge understatement of their losses.  And chances are, they are your ruby players, something I am assuming GGS would rather stop losing?  

GGS know which players last bought troops when, you know what might points people have had, I'm sure you must have your analytics tracking that, so those players with large losses have just had big might point drops, I know AmazingBrian7 above has and one of out team has confirmed a 500k might point drop. Give them the benefit of the doubt since it will coincide with GGS server crash and discuss mutual settlements with those players. It is the only fair thing to do. 
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • Thanks for taking the time to write in to us, I was really sorry to hear of the problem you'd been having. My name is Joey and I'll be helping you out today.

BULLSHIT !
    same rubbish I recieved
  • food position is now 70,000 positive, rather than my usual negative.  The issue was clearly related to troops in transit, given that they've had all day to react coming home to a blue box (that everyone gets regardless of loss) 'gifting' a tiny fraction of what went walkies is an outrage. To add insult a significant number of these troops were bought and paid for - in my eyes this is tantamount to theft. 

I don't believe GGE are so witless that they couldn't look at my position before and after and make an educated assessment of what I've lost and then give me an option of what troops I want and where. If they are true to form I'll get an inappropriate number and mix of troops dropped into my main at a time when I'm offline...

Totally disgusting service.
  • rozentuin (US1)rozentuin (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    edited 08.11.2019
    Every single troop is gone, not just the special troops from the even, but the regular troops also. I guess we're all making this up? And NO, they aren't "ghost" troops either. They're just gone. I was not attacked so they were't killed. The game writers can can look, they just don't want to be bothered nor will they admit there's a problem they can't fix
    Adding: I alos just noticed, all the siege and defense tools that I started almost 12 hours ago have JUST started to be made! It's like the game stalled for the past 12 hours??? Only thing missing are every single troop from my main, and all the food. No, they did NOT get starved out. Even if that were the case, there should still have been a few left, and there are none at all. But for whatever reason, my food is still being consumed. Must be those 'ghosts' again, eh?
    BUt for whatever reason, the food is STILL be consumed. It's a totally dead castle.
    Thanks, GGE for letting me know to NOT invest so much as a single dollar into this game, as you don't seem to want to make good on any situations you've created.
    Post edited by rozentuin (US1) on

@Crom Cruach need a bump here. Could you get this forward so that atleast support is willing to help and not brush us off.

There have been major losses. I lost about 35k defenders. There are others who have lost more!

• I got the same reply word to word, "ghost movement" they've still not returned though, maybe they found their way to the heavens..

The Devil

@Crom Cruach any comments mate? I am sure you would have heard a lot of these stories elsewhere too..?

• The silence is deafening.........
    AmazingBrian7 @ en 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    edited 08.11.2019
    Ahh the old ghost excuse, someone at GGE had been reading the emperors  new clothes!!

No sir you havent lost any troops they are still there you just cant see them, you cant use them, smell them or touch them.  But they are still there they are just invisible.

Trust me i would know if you had lost troops as our systems are perfect and we never make mistakes!!!!

Now if i actually had invisible troops that i could use!!!  Then you might have something, full armies of troops that you could burn your enemies with that they couldnt see coming!!!!

Or maybe this is a new thing for GGE, in which case I also dont mind.  As if you are gonna give me imaginary troops, then maybe i will start to pay you using imaginary money!!!!

So Can you please place the 10m rubies in my account that i bought 2 mins ago with an imaginary payment.

Whoever has been sending those copy and paste messages out needs firing, or rather the person that instructed them to do it needs firing.  You would have thought that after your millionth message from every single server all saying identical things that the penny might have dropped, that oh dear i think we made a mistake!  Lets be honest here its not exactly the first time is it!!!!

The reality is pretty much everyone that had troops out of their castles, Be it stored at castles under protection, or supporting team mates, or simply traveling to diff relms or diff castles, or if they were hitting a camp, or another castle or a robber barron is going to have lost troops.

Which lets be honest this is going to cover a huge proportion of your active players.  If the player was online its very likley they were going to have attacks out, given thats how you play the game!!!

If they were not online at the time it is very likely they were going to have troops out either on slowed down hits or long walk hits to feed themselves whilst they are offline, and / or troops stationed at protected castles in case they are hit overnight.

So please treat your customer with a little respect, and stop lying and claiming its impossible, stop calling your customers liars, it happened, I dont know how or why, but it happened. if you dont know how or why, that doesnt mean it didnt happen, it just means you dont understand why it happened.  And that is not your customers fault.  

Just simply review every single players account before and after the maintenance, and give back what was lost no more no less.  Oh and sometimes sorry goes a long way.  Especially after your actions have casued someone significant losses, but especially after  made it 1000 times worse by denying the whole thing effectivly calling them al liars.  If that is your idea of customer service then if you are smart, and I have no doubt there are lots of smart people work at GGE.  Then maybe just maybe, it will give you a clue as to why you have so many angry customers, why you are losing so many customers.   

I would highly reccomend, that you invest in a copy of this for all employees in your organisation especially those in senior positions and make reading it cover to cover mandatory

http://prntscr.com/pu50jq

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,361
    I have been through this issue this morning with the Team. Specifically we have been through @BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)'s case and some similar ones. If you suspect a troop loss I can only direct you to Customer Support. They are investigating all cases and some of them have indeed turned out to be ghost movements. If you are unsatisfied with that response please feel free to stay engaged with Customer Support. What I can say is that the tracking systems on all of our systems have been significantly improved and we can see that in 99.99% of reported cases yesterday that troop movements were not affected. The final proportion are being investigated still.

• Well, I certainly hope I'm one of the .01% because I still have no troops and am not getting a response back from support.

AmazingBrian7 @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file