Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beyond the Horizon - Feedback

Comments

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 836
    How does a lvl11 go into ruins in 3 days?
    It's not that they went into ruins.
    I know one of these cases personally. He tried to go to the event, but didn't bother to wait for 10 minutes for the event to let him in. However, the system had already registered him, and being the 21st member of the alliance to (try to) enter, he had already become the leader of a new mini-alliance, even though his castle had not yet landed. And because he didn't have a castle yet, there was no capital either. As more members joined and added their starter's influence, they climbed in the rankings.
    Only after a few days, the leader did finally manage to load the event successfully, get a castle, and with that, also a capital. Of course, by the end of the day they had been stripped of most of their influence. End of story.

Those alliances with a leader still without castle and capital, most likely have a leader that never bothered to enter the event again after failing to enter at the first attempt.
    And then there are those alliances with a leader who does have a castle but never got a capital, due to lack of space on the map, apparently. And finally those with a capital attached to one of the other members, because of a change in leadership.

Anyway, looking at the enormous amounts of money players inserted into this event, it will probably be labeled by GGS as a very popular and successful event, to be repeated with or without the game-breaking bugs, without any refund or proper compensation, but of course with the traditional apology for the inconveniences caused by the bugs.
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • gopher42 (US1)gopher42 (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    After playing this round, this version of outers feels like there's some merit.  there's more chance for team play here then the other versions and it may not be as bad once the bugs are dealt with in the next iteration.

As such, this round feels more like a beta then an actual round so I think it only fair if gge gives everyone something.  Perhaps at the least the rank 601 - 1000 prize.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    edited 03.11.2019
    @Wasso (INT3)  I saw some like that on LAST Sundat, after mention of no capitals.  I figured GGE would end the run on Monday...Silly me.  How does a lvl11 go into ruins in 3 days?
    @bernhardt (US1)  best guess is he entered the event, and left.  Did nothing.  In the Outer Realms, I don't recall seeing any ruins.  So, I bet he figured to just join for the "participation awards" that you DO get from OR.  The other player looks to have built a 2 more Taverns and a Guardhouse.  

I would guess that his act of building those buildings, has kept his account going.  But, the Leader doing nothing went to ruin.  Again, this is just a guess.  But, I wonder if someone on the Programming Team "forgot" about a game setting for that.  I could see a setting in the real game that quickly deletes a new random player from the map that never does anything.  

I could also see someone from GGS "forgetting" that setting exists.  After all, the ONLY people who would join BtH are those who are going to play and spend!  No need to worry about these little things that would alter the outcome.

Oh, and as of this posting, they are now in 324th place.

EDIT: I just read the other comments.  It easily could be as @Wiglema (NL1) explains above.  Hard to say, as GGS is very quiet when it comes to their blunders...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Contra (US1)Contra (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    I was looking around for capitals and discovered several alliances who will likely get placements that have no leader on the map and of course no capital.  I did a screen shot of the leader of the alliance  in 173rd place.  No one in the alliance has a second building so I didn't miss the capital. 

In my 5 plus years playing this game this Horizon bug fest is the worst.  Besides all of technical bugs  it's an unfair concept.
    If you are an alliance that grinds it out without a ton of rubies, all your work can be for naught in a few minutes after some of those monster relic coms hit a few dozen times.  What happened to the outers daily score concept?   And then there are a few of these do nothing no capital types that get rewarded.  Worst event ever.
    Contra @ usa 1
    "Therefore, we devised a different solution where we can control the process of player’s progression more easily to keep the motivation of players for a longer period and enjoy their gaming experience."   GGS regarding the Nov 2017 Update

Translation: We are restricting player progress making it slower to achieve your goals, more frustrating and boring. We expect you to enjoy.

And now we are in the end-game.  For those of us non-buyers, we are again at a disadvantage.   My expectation was to be able to buy coin defenders after the last influence transfer.  This was going to hopefully hold on to enough to get in the top 1000.  Only one problem with that plan:

The Armorer has left. Along with the Traveling Merchant.  SO, once again, the Ruby Buyers who can purchase more food than the storehouse can hold, get to have 1000s of Def Troops and Attack Troops to continue stripping influence from the Resource Players who cannot buy in-game troops.  No fear for retaliation, or for any real Defense from the rest of us.  Once we run out, we can't get more.  This will let those with the fat wallet lower the placement of those who worked a plan without buying.

Brilliant move GGS!  IF this is the permanent version of this event, there will be NO reason for any non-buyer to even bother.  May as well just make it a straight Ruby Buying event.  Simpler to program too...….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 383
    edited 04.11.2019
    And to rub salt into our wounds my last 4 hits I sent out all had no battles  but an incomming on our capital lands after mine didnt???

WTF GGE
    http://prntscr.com/ps22ga

https://prnt.sc/ps20wu
    Well, the "Event" is over.  I would like to thank everyone for not hitting my Capital those last 2 hours.  I DID end in the top 1000.

However, what about that Leaderless and Capitaless Alliance I was tracking?  Well, somehow I lost them.  They either got some more points and I cannot find them, or they completely disappeared.  BUT HAVE NO FEAR!!!!!  They were not the only Alliance in that situation.

Below you will see an Alliance WITHOUT a Leader and WITHOUT a Capital that is in the top 1000 with 7 seconds left in the event.  Easy to find.  Their Influence is 201,234.  Tudorovci_CZ1.  Rank with 7 Seconds to go:  845.

The Team:

The Leader:

The Deputy:

and the General:

Now, my eyes may be strained from staring at this monitor for too many hours, but I cannot find their Capital.  So, this IS one of the Alliances that did not get one.  Perhaps due to the space issue, perhaps due to the slow log-in issue, WHO KNOWS WHY?  Doesn't matter.  What DOES matter, is that they could NOT LOSE ANY INFLUENCE.  This is especially important in those last 2 hours.  My other account did not fare as well as Wasso.  It was hit several times in those last 2 hours, and knocked out of the top 1000.  On that account I couldn't buy any coin defenders, and this alliance couldn't lose any points.  FAIR?  Not even close........

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• In the event it said that nothing but rubies would go back to the Great Kingdom.  But it did say that rubies would come over.  I didn't get mine when the event ended.  I got some rewards, but not all I was entitled to according to the event standings.  I finished in 853rd place and should have gotten some of those special resources that were indicated. Can you explain why those were not received and why we couldn't store decorations in the event even though it said we could. Finally when attacking either capitals or city states, couldn't the icon change to burning telling us we can't attack again rather than having us spy, setup an army with tools and attack only to be told then that the castle can't be attacked yet.

Henry1948 @ usa 1
  • To one of the other players that asked if we could play in protective mode, the ANSWER is yes since I played the event in protective mode in the Great Kingdom.
    Henry1948 @ usa 1
    Hang on...…..

I just logged into my Other Server and received the 600-1000 rank rewards.  I know for a fact that I did not end in the top 1000 for that account.

IF this is GGS way of compensating those Alliances that were disadvantaged by the bugs, I say THANK YOU.

Credit where credit is due.

Of course, this also could have just been another bug in the event.  But let's hope for the best...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 383
    To one of the other players that asked if we could play in protective mode, the ANSWER is yes since I played the event in protective mode in the Great Kingdom.
    Were you the holder of your capital and under protection the whole time?
    So you didn't lose any influence during the event? 
  • Willy Tell (US1)Willy Tell (US1) US1 Posts: 113
    stop buying rubies
    SWISSCHEESE48 @ usa 1
  • Tip for anyone considering this in the future. This event is definitely for you IF you're happy to
    a) be fleeced (it's all about the rubies),
    b) go blind (screen colours and poor layout),
    c) be frustrated by unfair play (constant, multiple bugs including inability to see horns, capture city states, attack other alliances.... do i need to go on?)
    d) spend hours playing something to get into top 100 rankings for a few measly nails and a scrap of fabric

If not, then avoid like the plague, which is what myself and our entire alliance will be doing in the future.
    Truly disgusted with GGE on multiple fronts. 
    Maria_L @ en 1
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 836
    Hang on...…..

I just logged into my Other Server and received the 600-1000 rank rewards.  I know for a fact that I did not end in the top 1000 for that account.

IF this is GGS way of compensating those Alliances that were disadvantaged by the bugs, I say THANK YOU.

Of course, this also could have just been another bug in the event.  But let's hope for the best...…...

Hi Wasso,
    Was your alliance in the top-1000 when influence went from the members to the capitals a few hours before the overall end of the event?
    It could well be that the final rankings were made at that time, and not at the actual end of the event, just like the Outer Realms event.
    If that is the case, then all the attacks on capitals in those last few hours were pointless. Just like any activity after 0:30 CET in the Outer Realms event. Pointless if you're still trying to enter the prize ranks last minute, but rewarding if you get kicked out of the prize ranks after the scores were tallied.
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,677
    To one of the other players that asked if we could play in protective mode, the ANSWER is yes since I played the event in protective mode in the Great Kingdom.
    and can also be leader with capital in prot. mode?
    flug @ nl 1
    Hang on...…..

Hi Wasso,
    Was your alliance in the top-1000 when influence went from the members to the capitals a few hours before the overall end of the event?
    It could well be that the final rankings were made at that time, and not at the actual end of the event, just like the Outer Realms event.
    If that is the case, then all the attacks on capitals in those last few hours were pointless. Just like any activity after 0:30 CET in the Outer Realms event. Pointless if you're still trying to enter the prize ranks last minute, but rewarding if you get kicked out of the prize ranks after the scores were tallied.
    Nope.  In fact, even my Wasso account was outside the 1000 group.  This does bring up a good question:   Since the Alliance Total never locked on the ranking screen, WAS there a point that the final standing was taken other than when the counter reached 00:00, AND did the Personal Influence add to the Alliance Influence at 00:00 as well? 

IF it counted at the last influence transfer, my Wasso account would NOT have been in the top 1000.

IF it counted at 00:00, then Wasso was in due to Alliances in front getting stripped and moving me up.

IF the Personal Influence added to the Alliance Influence at 00:00, then my other account MAY have made top 1000 as I captured a City State that collected with 20 mins to go.  

IF the final placement was at 00:00, AND the Personal Influence added to the Alliance Influence, then both accounts MAY have made the top 1000.

IF no one else outside the top 1000 received the 601-1000 prize, then I retract my thanks and have to presume that the final "IF" above resulted in my receiving the prize on BOTH accounts.  

Once again, without any communications from the folks at GGS, we have no way to know how this was supposed to work as compared to how it did.  Or didn't, as the case may be...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Contra (US1)Contra (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    I read quite a bit about no capital alliances,  but I figured it was mostly alliances who managed to disguise their capitals by naming a new leader and giving he capital a new name.  But then with less than an hour to go, I went looking amongst the top 200.  I found more than a dozen inactive or barely active alliances ranked in the top 200.  They were easy to find when I knew what to look for.
    The alliances were all rank 1, whereas most in the top 200 were much higher rank.  When you clicked on the leader there was no location and no capital.  No other members had capitals.  And of course this would be the case, because the leader had never completed the login to the event.
    The first day this happen to our leader when she tried to login to the event and failed.  We had an alliance with no capital for about 12 hours or so.  Apparently,  quite a few alliance never had their leader fully login for the entire event.  It's a pretty safe bet these folks still received their unearned prizes.  With only 1 alliance in every 10 getting an award, I find it appalling that some got a free pass. 
    btw, I took a couple screen shots I'll submit to GGE.  
    Contra @ usa 1
    "Therefore, we devised a different solution where we can control the process of player’s progression more easily to keep the motivation of players for a longer period and enjoy their gaming experience."   GGS regarding the Nov 2017 Update

Translation: We are restricting player progress making it slower to achieve your goals, more frustrating and boring. We expect you to enjoy.

• having played through the horizons event and disregaurding bug the biggest problem we has was an inactive leader would be much better if we could change the leader rather then be stuck with 1st person who joined
    ive never enjoyed outers event but this one has promise I think
    will see how it goes nxt time
  • sarah1 (INT2)sarah1 (INT2) INT2 Posts: 123
    Hang on...…..

Hi Wasso,
    neh it is totally done on ranking last min. we secured top 50 reward while at 00:30 we were 103
    sarah1 @ 7
  • sarah1 (INT2)sarah1 (INT2) INT2 Posts: 123
    after playing it for first time i have to say i am moderately positive. It is definetely more interesting than outer realms which most people only play active on day 1. Only problem with this event is all the work you did till last day is useless since you get **** by buyers and germans. also the event promotes being lazy till the last day by only counting last moment points for rewards. Removing the armorer etc a few hours before event end was a *** move gge. Probably done on purpose to make your buyers happy. A good change for the event would be enlarged reward pools, a fairer gap between the ranks and rewards. like people alreayd mentioned over and over the gap between top 10 and the rest is enormous. The relic buildings could be given out to more than 100 people I think. top 1-5 lvl 5 of backery and storage. top 6-10 lvl 4 of both lvl 11-20 lvl 3 21-50 lvl 2 50-100 a lvl 1 of both. Means you give it out to max 2000 players on your total playerbase what will attract a lot more people to play the event active instead of knowing they got no change at any good rewards and they quit. 

fixing the horn bug and the slow login to the event and especialy the missing capital is really needed as well. when the devs atleast fix ALL the bugs before the event it will be a nice addition to the game and worth playing for. if not the motivation to even join the event will decrease drasticly after 1 or 2 runs. 

and really need is 1 day ahead notification that this event will come because the first player becomes the leader and the capital owner. if we dont even know when the event will come we can never prepare for and for most guys it will be f word ;) 

hope we can get some news about all the feedback people gave and if there will be any change before the event starts again
    sarah1 @ 7
Sign In to comment.