Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beyond the Horizon - Feedback

Comments

• How to get food you can only arrive with rubies. Or robbery Knights attack so very difficult to arrive better arrange for next time

• Still cannot logon to it.
    Marty Maurder @ en 1
  • bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Play it and judge for yourself. 
    I joined it and did not know how fast to leave
    I am being robbed by my government, I don't feel like being robbed in a game by mo fellow players as well. there is no competition unless you have very deep pockets.
    The meaning of free play is that you can get the same as paying player with the difference that paying player reach and get things easier and sooner where the small budgets have to work hard to reach the same. This is lost in good bugs empire.
    forcing player to subscribe to get lucky pennies, 10 each month, and for free is a huge advantage on player that have no option to get them.
    thoughtless game providing.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    edited 01.11.2019
    I found one of the missing Capitals!

Now we just need to figure out how to attach it back to one of those top 10 Alliances who doesn't have one......
    Post edited by Wasso (INT3) on
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• This event has turned out to be a complete disaster. It is too similair to the outer realms event and has turned out worse. No one liked the outer realms event and no one likes this one. Combining all the servers for events was a nice idea but it unfortunately did not work out as planned or expected and should be scrapped. No future events should involve all the servers combined either as different servers are different sizes and of more difficult levels of play. Only the top 5 alliances get rewards that impact the game in any real way and the top 5 alliances are all germany 1 alliances so germany1 is the only server impacted by this event. the alliance that finishes rank 6 will get such poor rewards compared to rank 5 that the event is not worth doing. This event is literally only for Germany1 players as it will be german alliances that get the new buildings that actually change the game.
    THE ARCHBISHOP OF BANTERBURY B) 

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    edited 01.11.2019
    I've already given my thoughts on the mechanics and idea of this event, which needed improvement had this abomination of an event had no bugs.  This is the last chance to post before the end of the event where GGE might actually read anything, and we all know they don't read anything after an event ends, since it's Friday.  This post is about what GGE's actions once the event's issues were clearly in the light.

Shame on GGE for not stopping this event on Monday.
    Shame on GGE for the weak responses regarding the No Capitol Alliances, lost troops, etc.
    Shame on GGE for not stopping this event on Tuesday.
    Shame on GGE for being silent since Tuesday.
    Shame on GGE for not stopping this event on Wednesday.
    Shame on GGE for not refunding all monies spent on this event.
    Shame on GGE for not stopping theis event on Thursday
    Shame on GGE for running what for all intents and purposes appears to be a purposely fraudulent event.

Prognosticating a bit:

Shame on GGE for not stopping this event on Friday
    Shame on GGE for not stopping this event on Saturday
    Shame on GGE for not stopping this event on Sunday
    Shame on GGE for not properly and fairly compensating players who entered the event. 
    GGE will say "sorry for the inconvenience."  This line won't cut it this time, or ever again with a large majority of people who entered.
    GGE won't have the courage to say we failed miserably.

Come to think of it, this event is another fact supporting my theory that GGE does not make it's money as a game, but rather as a vehicle for some psychological study(that tests just how far you can push people in situations that they can leave voluntarily with no repurcussions) that's paid for by a third party.
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 315
    A week in, and it still isn't getting any better, and nobody is having fun! Can't wait until it's all over

Seems less of a Halloween event and more of an out of season April Fool joke

And the joke very definitely is on us :/
    Osiris @ en 1
  • So I've had a thought as to how the next event could:

1. Make money for GGE (after all, that's what it is about)
    2. Encourage more players to participate
    3. Make it more about the players skill with the game and not about how deep your pockets are

Charge an entry fee - say 10,000 rubies (about £10 on the UK server).  You can only spend those rubies in the event and not purchase any more in-game.  The rest of it is down to the skill and commitment of the players and their alliances.  You get 50,000 players participating then that's £500,000 in GGE's pocket, 100,000 then it's a cool million quid.

OK, so all participants have to spend initially to enter the competition, but every one can only spend the same amount (and this should be in rubies, not currency) and only spend it once.  I reckon more players would be willing to participate on those terms, as it's then a level playing field.

I think it would be fun as I'd like to see how good some of my servers' Legendary 800s are without their credit card.

Edit:  Oh and test the gameplay thoroughly beforehand please!
    I think most of the top 10 alliances on the UK server have given up the ghost and sticking to what they win all the time i.e. Foreign Invaders/Bloodcrows/Nomads/Samurais etc. Nothing better than being a big fish in a small pond, rather than  being a small ruby stickleback in an ocean full of German ruby whales. Non ruby players complain that they cannot compete against the ruby players and it gets poo-pooed, ruby whales complain that they cannot compete against German ruby whales and it is a crisis and it must be heard. 

Just another example of the lazy programming from GGS:

Can't even update the icons for the new event art...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Temprance said:
    Please post any questions/feedback here in regard to the upcoming Beyond the Horizon Event!

You can find information about the event HERE.

-Your Empire Team
    citystates don't show up anymore......  since at least 24 hours.
    Bug ??

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 398
    Its deliberate that city states dont always return. I think what happens if there  are any still available in the set area at reset time they will all re-spawn, but if they have all been capped then they are gone for the duration of the event. This does need to be changed as it leaves some players out of the event early on due to lack of coins. 

The reality is that the event is unfixable this time and as such all players should be given the minimum reward at the end seeing as the ratings definitely are affected due to not being able to hit some capitals.

For those that have brought rubies you should be able to get a refund as long as you have a decent consumer rights legislation. That being said GGE should just refund all purchases but then I also believe in Santa.
  • 2 of our players sent caps on city states overnight. We awoke to no reports and no troops. All the troops we spent rubies on during the discount last night have completely disappeared and not due to starvation. I can't capture more than one at a time, and i can't send attacks from them when i have. Same with Obs towers. I know there are bugs, but really?? This is shockingly poor.

The outcome of the event will not reflect who has played the best, but who has encountered the fewest bugs
    Maria_L @ en 1
  • 2 of our players sent caps on city states overnight. We awoke to no reports and no troops. All the troops we spent rubies on during the discount last night have completely disappeared and not due to starvation. I can't capture more than one at a time, and i can't send attacks from them when i have. Same with Obs towers. I know there are bugs, but really?? This is shockingly poor.

The outcome of the event will not reflect who has played the best, but who has encountered the fewest bugs
    Since all players are playing on the same server, I very much doubt that any player has encountered "fewer bugs", than another player. With GGEs' track record for having bugs in certain events, I am VERY surprised that players have bought rubies to gain an advantage over other players, knowing full well that there was always going to be at least one bug. This is why some players just stay out of the event, read the feedback and wait. Otherwise, to buy rubies would be like burning a £50 note.

• sss89 (US1)sss89 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    Feedback

1. colors scheme is too dark
    2. some alliances will place top 1K because they didn't have a capital to defend meaning that alliances that some alliances should be compensated because they get bumped by these
    3. spies take forever and so does troop travel
    4. food or coin issues make game almost impossible for non-ruby players to get started
    5. winning troops without winning some food to feed them is a serious fail
    6. if a new/low member enters first because they are awake they can be leader and screw the rest of us?
    7. capital is all on one person for 24 hours of defending for 10 days causing burnout
    8. and finally I can't find where to buy a 2 week bird for the capital (this would be my favorite option)

THIS is going to be the issue that causes the MOST UNFAIR RESULT:

@Crom Cruach stated that the "No Capital" issue mostly is related to small Alliances.  Ones like above.  Well, I have no way of knowing if this Alliance HAD a Capital originally.  But, they no longer do.  Their Leader went into ruins, and was removed from the map.  

He has ZERO Castles, including NO Capital.

The other member does NOT have the Capital.  He also is level 11 with 101 MP.  I bet he isn't doing anything in the event.  

BUT, as of this posting, they are in  811th place.  That means they are in a REWARDs position.

As this day moves on, the Alliances in front of them will get their Influence stripped by those in the top positions.  But, their amount will STAY THE SAME.  This will move them up in the rankings for even BETTER rewards.  

True, there should be one more shift of Influence before the game ends...….but, they will still have their 137,500.  WITHOUT effort.  That amount will more than likely be enough for top 1000.  They may not even know it, as they seem to have abandoned the event.

This is only one of dozens that I have found.  I only bothered to document one for the Forum.  Alliances like this one, should be REMOVED from the leader board.  Anyone with a Leader in Ruins and/or no Capital should NOT be in line for Rewards.  

There are also the Alliances in the top 10 that do not have a Capital.  I am not posting them at this time, but they are easy to look up.  At least they are being active, and in GGS' mind they are valid becasue they are likey buying rubies.  Still not fair, but at least they are active.

These empty shells that are going to get rewards??????  THIS is the one that just SCREAMS "Unfair"!

…..and whispers "incompetence"...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    @Wasso (INT3)  I saw some like that on LAST Sundat, after mention of no capitals.  I figured GGE would end the run on Monday...Silly me.  How does a lvl11 go into ruins in 3 days?
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 398
    Currently there are 13 alliances with the starting 100k influence and all with no capitals, all currently in top 1k..  Hopefully they wont stay there as they haven't participated but GGE should have been more forthcoming with what they were going to do for those that have continued even though its an unfair event. 
Sign In to comment.