Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beyond the Horizon - Feedback

Comments

• Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 229
    If you want to encourage fighting, city states really need to refresh after about 72 hours or something, so there are always at least some nearby to fight over. Most alliances don't have that much influence in their capitals, so that's not really encouraging people to go after them, and the ones that do are too powerful to be taken on for even an alliance like ours that is doing really well.
    Well the number of City States will reduce over time, maybe we set this at too high a rate for this event. We will keep that in mind for the next one. The event does want to encourage PvP at some point (maybe AvA is a better term). That will only be done if the number of City States is reducing.

The way I read the original poster was that there are too few city states now dont reduce them further. There are players who have given up because there is nothing near them .. PvP is useless as you don't get anything unless the player has influence, no res pick up at all and leaves no fires.
    This leads to the next question regarding AvA can all alliance members hit the same capital?  this would strip influence very quickly especially if the bigger alliances hit the smaller ones..
  • oWarHero (GB1)oWarHero (GB1) GB1 Posts: 97
    Suggestions:
    1. Give capitals a cooldown after a defensive defeat (at least per team if not global).
    In fact, I'll go one further and do your job for you...
    If you provide a global cooldown of 4 hours for every defeat, it means every team can lose up to approx. 2/3 of the points they collected per day. This gives team incentive to defend their capital whilst also managing to keep their sanity instead of being bent over by your big spending players. Whilst it encourages co-operation between teams, it also prevents teams from being destroyed by a group of teams (like what is happening right now). It also encourages players to battle it out for city states, and challenge the players around them rather than solely targeting capitals.

Makes the event playable for everyone and rewards not so out of reach for those not willing to remortgage their house to play your game.

I'd also like to point out that I've played the event for two days and realised how poorly designed it is, as stated above; so I'd like to ask, what the chicken nuggets were your technical team thinking when they decided it was ready for release? 
    Hire some people to play your game if you won't test it yourselves. Or even email a few active average spenders on each server to get their individual feedback instead of these pointless surveys that roll out now and then.
    oWarHero @ en 1
  • joh (US1)joh (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    edited 28.10.2019
    would be nice if all of us who gave this new event a shot would get compensated extra for all your glitches.
    I cant move my castle, I have No city states anywhere near me-30hrs to the closest 1 is kinda stupid -and we're limited to 1 for the players who got lucky and are near them. 
    I have players who log in and cant get inside their castle to even play 
    others who've lost defenders on the way to our capital(5hr trip to just Vanish into thin air)
    You rolled this event out on a friday and left for the weekend knowing it had problems then come back today and tell us you cant even fix it -

joh @ usa 1
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 292
    joh (US1) said:
    would be nice if all of us who gave this new event a shot would get compensated extra for all your glitches.
    I cant move my castle, I have No city states anywhere near me-30hrs to the closest 1 is kinda stupid -and we're limited to 1 for the players who got lucky and are near them. 
    I have players who log in and cant get inside their castle to even play 
    others who've lost defenders on the way to our capital(5hr trip to just Vanish into thin air)
    You rolled this event out on a friday and left for the weekend knowing it had problems then come back today and tell us you cant even fix it -

And it doesn't help that it has been running concurrently with Bloodcrows, Beri, AND Harvester events.  The lag has been absolutely impossible to work with; my gaming laptop is groaning in agony!

From a commercial perspective it makes no sense either to have so many events running concurrently because you are dividing people's attention and they must surely be less likely to spend money on packages they can only half utilise?  It's not a very bright person who will spend their money knowing they won't benefit from their purchase.  Perhaps your bank balance is showing an upsurge, but I bet sure as eggs is eggs that if you split things up a bit you would have an overall improved income.
    Osiris @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,216
    If you want to encourage fighting, city states really need to refresh after about 72 hours or something, so there are always at least some nearby to fight over. Most alliances don't have that much influence in their capitals, so that's not really encouraging people to go after them, and the ones that do are too powerful to be taken on for even an alliance like ours that is doing really well.
    Well the number of City States will reduce over time, maybe we set this at too high a rate for this event. We will keep that in mind for the next one. The event does want to encourage PvP at some point (maybe AvA is a better term). That will only be done if the number of City States is reducing.

This is actually related to the issue with placement.  So many players were curious, that there are far too many abandoned Castles around the active Players.  In order for the PvP (or AvA) to get going, you need targets.   We are now up to 8783 Alliances in there.  The lowest rank to receive rewards currently only has about 76k influence.  The influence levels are far too spread out.  PERHAPS it will consolidate over the next few days.  But, this will require quite a bit of work, gathering the small bits from far and wide.  IF the Castle Move was functioning, this would be less of an issue.  Then the Ruby Buyers could spend the rubies to move over where a big target is, instead of sending a 6 hour hit out.

The top 10 Alliances currently have just over 510,000,000 combined.  At 100th  place in dips just below 1,000,000 each.  It won't be long until your goal of PvP / AvA just becomes a Defender Wall.  Top Alliance Spenders will buy the best Castellian, Ruby defenders and tools, an a couple million food.  Then, they can log off and count the days until they get the Relic Bakery and Hundreds of Thousands of the new Crafting Material.  

The rest of us, get NOTHING for the effort.  THIS is the other main problem with these "special server" events.  They don't provide resources for your main.  Not a single wood or stone.  When GGE added Kingdom Resources to the Events in Green, it made it beneficial to keep hitting even when you didn't have a chance to "win" anything.  You at least saw some "reward" for your efforts.

BtH is the worst (or best, depending on your world view) example of a waste of time.  Even the Ruby Backed Alliances who end up winning this pile, will not be as active as you think they will be.  

Swipe the card one last time to buy the Def Setup, and call it an event...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• sir o the wise (US1)sir o the wise (US1) US1 Posts: 38
    edited 29.10.2019

I think the initial number of city states actually was low enough to encourage fighting over them, and was a stronger pvp incentive than trying to go after capitals. Perhaps some reduction in city states is warranted, but if I don't have a single one within a 6 hour travel time, I can't really fight over them. 

Also, if you want to encourage pvp you have to make it easier to rebuild. No one wants to pick a fight knowing they could lose the attack, get counterattacked and have the rest of their troops wiped out, and not have the coins to rebuild before the event ends. We need more coins, primarily. 

Edited to add: What's more annoying though isn't the number of city states, but the distribution. There are players with dozens of free city states right near them, whereas I have none even remotely nearby. That luck of the draw regarding the most important part of the event is very frustrating. 

Edit 2: Also, aren't obs towers supposed to refresh daily? the ones near me (100+ miles, as best I can tell) have not refreshed in several days.
    Post edited by sir o the wise (US1) on
    From known issues
    • Some Alliance Capitals did not spawn on the map. This means that they still accrue Influence but currently can't be attacked.  We are looking into ways to fix this currently but we don't expect a quick solution. How can the event continue if you don't expect a quick solution?  

• Some succesful attacks by players against occupied city states sometimes results in all troops being lost. This happens quite regularly and might also be linked to the extra unassigned Castilian's we have

• The Attack Blocker for multiple attacks on Alliance Capitals doesn't turn off in certain cases and is instead left indefintely active. We are very aware that this offers a strong bonus to the defenders and are attempting a fix as soon as possible. Again a hugely unfair advantage and an event stopper.

• Players have reported an issue with capturing a second city state. One has to wonder why someone would report being able to exploit the event..lol but another disadvantage to those who cant.

What is GGE going to do to compensate the players from this extremely buggy unfair event?
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 292
    I would really like to ask, I'd even go so far as to beg, that once this event is over and GGS is working out how to change it for the next time round (I assume there will be a next time), that you actually tell us some information before it starts, rather than the ridiculous teasers which serve no purpose other than to get people's backs up.  With the disaster that this iteration is, so many people are disillusioned and angry that they are highly unlikely to go into the event again unless they have a better idea what they are going to be facing.  Assurances that "we have made some changes" and "we have fixed some of the issues" just won't cut it.  We'll need clearer information, details of changes and what we are going to expect from the event, together with a far better reward structure.  We don't want the challenge of discovery when that breaks down to bugs and a poorly executed game.  You at least owe us some respect for having a modicum of intelligence.
    Osiris @ en 1
  • You make a very good point. I agree.
  • Joe Pineapples (GB1)Joe Pineapples (GB1) GB1 Posts: 16
    edited 30.10.2019
    So I've had a thought as to how the next event could:

1. Make money for GGE (after all, that's what it is about)
    2. Encourage more players to participate
    3. Make it more about the players skill with the game and not about how deep your pockets are

Charge an entry fee - say 10,000 rubies (about £10 on the UK server).  You can only spend those rubies in the event and not purchase any more in-game.  The rest of it is down to the skill and commitment of the players and their alliances.  You get 50,000 players participating then that's £500,000 in GGE's pocket, 100,000 then it's a cool million quid.

OK, so all participants have to spend initially to enter the competition, but every one can only spend the same amount (and this should be in rubies, not currency) and only spend it once.  I reckon more players would be willing to participate on those terms, as it's then a level playing field.

I think it would be fun as I'd like to see how good some of my servers' Legendary 800s are without their credit card.

Edit:  Oh and test the gameplay thoroughly beforehand please!
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,039
    pretty sure that'd make them less money

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • pretty sure that'd make them less money
    nice idea tho
    Another bug
    Sent at a capital and my troops didn't fight because the target is no longer being held by its original owner or its under protection..
  • So my alliance, like many others, has worked hard and spent real money on this event.   I have swiped away about 100 dollars.   Our alliance, once ranked 22, is being devastated by an alliance Punto Killers -HIS1.   Surprise, surprise, they have no capital!   Therefore, they can buy all attackers and send trains of attacks with tower bonuses.   Needless to say, our 20k vet defenders, bought with real money,  were quickly devastated after about 8 attacks.  

How is this fair GGE???  I don't blame them, I blame GGE.   Punto Killers is currently number eight, but I predict those with no capitals will do really well in this event.   Anyone want to bet me??

It takes 6 hours to send defenders to our capital, this is a totally broken event!!

I would like a full refund and the rewards for our highest rank.

This is just so wrong!  

• sboy777 (US1)sboy777 (US1) US1 Posts: 140
    edited 30.10.2019
    wow.. this is such a fail right now..

how is it some people can hold up to 9 city states while i can only cap one at a time.. and then b4 i get the 100k rewards someone jumps in and takes it from me. 

garbage event.. we went from 40s to 2000+ in ranks on one hit on our capital, they took all of our pts.
    sboy777 @ usa 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    There is so much wrong with this event its hard to know where to start so lets start with whats broken in the event.

1) Firstly The capital fiasco.  I dont care if its one alliance or 99% of alliances.  you cant have an event where diff alliances have no capital!!!!  To come out and officially say oh its not all that many is frankly a joke, and if you have just been hit by an allaince that has no capital then its really not a very funny one, or if you have been dropped to a lower ranking becasue a team without a capital has beaten you.  This a game breaker, and the event should have been immediatly stopped and all moneis returned the moment you found out.

2)  Dissapearing troops.  the vast majority of troops in this game will have been bought, wither with rubies or coin bought with rubies.  yet troops just dissapear.  Unacceptable.  Totally unaacceptable.  

3) Game freezing when first trying to enter event.
    4) castles dissapearing / freezing when trying to move

Those reasons are more than enough to put your hands up and say sorry we are gonna have to stop this event its just not fit for purpose.  Give everyone their money back and try again when its fixed.

For the life of me I cant work out why the decision was not made on Friday to pull it as it was clear it was broken then.

Its one thing to launch an event in good faith believe its ready and ok.  But its another to be sat there knowing the event is broken without having a clue how or when its going to be fixed, and not only have you taken loads of money from people who joined in good faith, you are continuing to take money from people KNOWING its broken!!!   Selling something that you think is ok but isnt is one thing selling something that you know doesnt work properly is quite another!!!

Those are just some of the problems.  We havent even started on the mechanics of the event yet.

Firstly the prize pool.  so as of today almost 10000 alliances have joined the event, yet only 1000 of them will get anything.

yep let that sink in 90% of all players that enter this event will get zero, zilch, nothing.  no matter how much time effort or money they put in.  

Next the distribution of prizes.  first place gets 65 times yes 65 times 6500% more resources than 6 place!!!  plus gets a level 5 relik bakery and a level 5 relik bakery!!!     6500% plus 2 top level builds more than the person 5 places below them!!!

5th place get 15 times more yes 1500% more than 6th place.  Go figure.

I have no clue what on earth possessed you to come up with that distribution.  I really dont, you have clearly lost all sense of perspective and or reason.  

the allocation of castles / assets around the map is simply horrible.  

you have made the defense of capitals almost impossible just like it is in the real game, meaning that this event is going to turn into a last min bunfight.  meaning there is little point even bothering for the first 9 days of the event!  Why not just make it 24 hr event if thats the case

Travel is too slow, and way too expensive,

Overall there is so much wrong with this event in terms of game mechanics / balance / cost vs reward.  etc. etc.  and thats before we even consider the fact the game is broken.  And doesnt actually fuction properly.

I am not sure if you even bother to test anymore it certainly seems like you dont.  And i have no idea who is designing the mechanics / balance of the game.  But its so far off its hard to understand how you got it so wrong.  

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Joseph Henry217 @ usa 1
  • ChrisGa (INT1)ChrisGa (INT1) INT1 Posts: 20
    take off this stupid event. Many alliances are without capital so that can attack but you can't do it on their capital. And give every player the top prize for the time wasted. 
Sign In to comment.