Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

shearwaters captain

flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,529
edited 20.10.2019 in General Discussion
any-one knows what this is?
flug @ nl 1

Comments

• Not a clue and there is nothing here except the video.
  • I bet its something like blade coast, maybe rework or totally new event similar to bc.
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    I am guessing it the rework of Storm Islands that was tlked about by GGE about a year ago.  But that is only a guess.  Maybe they might at least give us something in writing for players that can not hear.  Cause video shows nothing.

kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,248
    i agree it is for storm , they said they were updating it 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 774
    Once more they beat their own record for vaguest update announcement...
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • harvester2 (GB1)harvester2 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 21
    edited 20.10.2019
    wasn't the storm update
    • Tools and troops which are located in the main island castle will be sent back to the main castle of the Green Kingdom (as it was before)

• All other tools and troops in the Storm Islands (outside of the main island castle) will be wiped away and lost forever! (assure sending them back to the castle before the event ends)

• wasn't the storm update
    • Tools and troops which are located in the main island castle will be sent back to the main castle of the Green Kingdom (as it was before)

• All other tools and troops in the Storm Islands (outside of the main island castle) will be wiped away and lost forever! (assure sending them back to the castle before the event ends)

I'm not 100% sure but I think/thought they were doing a big update on storm at some point not just the update you quoted. If i'm right then storm seems the most likely possibility that the video is referring to else as Aegon said it could be a rework of blade coast but I think that was a bit away if I remember correctly (ggs said something about it in the interview they had with breor). Or it could be something else as well lol. 

Probs plays too much gge lol but while I still enjoy stuff ingame will continue to play. Some current updates are annoying me lol. gge just making it harder to compete as a non ruby player. 2nd most might points in the alliance and aiming for higher lol. A might points freak who loves having more might points and tries to hold too many troops sometimes lol so up too late feeding them.

"It’s difficult in times like these: ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality. It’s a wonder I haven’t abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death"

"Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude"

- Anne Frank

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    My guess is the rework of Blade Coast.  Redoing Storm would be too large of an undertaking for them...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,529
    so again a case of telling something without telling what it is 
    flug @ nl 1
  • Saying once again im sure its blade coast rework or something with that theme becouse on Breors video on interview they talked abt storm too and said maybe innear future they will look to rework it and update new rewards but its too large to do and there is lot of job to do when talking abt storm, on the other hand when Breor asked abd events like blade coast thorn and underworld they answered pretty confident that there is going to be rework at least with one of those events and soon enough so my guess is blade coast theme, I hope it will be something interesting and playable for everyone, this game cry for  fresh injection and new things.
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    @Crom Cruach  Can you provide some enlightenment of value to this?  Hopefully you can.

Otherwise I'm sure of one thing:
    The video contained absolutely no information.

I'm pretty sure of the following:
    1)The video was carefully scrubbed to be as informative as it is.  It takes skill to not give out any information if you actually have information but are trying to drum up buzz.
    2)More effort was put into the video than the actual update/event it's supposedly referring to.
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,362
    You know how Teasers work right ? @bernhardt (US1)
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 664
    You mean we grab our teasers and torture you until you are giving some information?
    Nah keep it a secret, I don't want to know, o:)
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    ahh teasers, yes i had a gf like that once you know what happened to her?

Yep i dumped her.

Get my point?

If u got something to tell us just tell us!

They can be put in the same box as the giberish event announcments that come way to late to be of any use to anyone.

I just wish that room was room 101!
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    Problem with Teasers and this group, is most have become too jaded for them.  IF there was a long track record of Teasers that resulted in GREAT Content improvements and exited Players, things would be different...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• ahh teasers, yes i had a gf like that once you know what happened to her?

Yep i dumped her.

Get my point?

If u got something to tell us just tell us!

They can be put in the same box as the giberish event announcments that come way to late to be of any use to anyone.

I just wish that room was room 101!
    Here we go again - Balderdash Balderdash more Balderdash and now video balderdash total nonsense from our Great King Erics court Jester Scribes maybe it would be best to flush it down the Royal Privy or as Phil says sent to Room 101 :)
    Manu Castle
    Leader Of

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LV 70 @ en 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    Given the second worthless video I am now sure that more effort has been put into the videos than into any actual recent game development.
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,362
    Problem with Teasers and this group, is most have become too jaded for them.  IF there was a long track record of Teasers that resulted in GREAT Content improvements and exited Players, things would be different...…...
    Got to start somewhere, right?
    Given the second worthless video I am now sure that more effort has been put into the videos than into any actual recent game development.
    Oh well, we can but try!
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Dont get me wrong crom, I welcome any attempt to further the experience of players, including trying to build atmosphere and background to events etc.

The problem you have is that many of the events bear no resemblance to the fancy write ups background / storyline you are telling

Examples

Berrimond, choose which king you want to win, etc etc.  Firstly you cant choose sides, second its not an event that can be won, all the fighting between sides has long since gone and is now just another see tower hit tower as many times as you can event.

FI.  Foreign lords.  Foreign server is attacking your server etc etc.   Errrm nope origionally I believe the castles were cloned from the said foreign servers as were the attacks, but over the years the event has been dummed down to the point the so called foreign castles bear no resembalance to real castles the game has moved forward a such a pace with troop numbers held yet the event has gone backwards.  Again it bears no resembalance to the storyline.

I could go on but you get the point.

So the issue you have at this point is that there is often a large mismatch between between the sales pitch and the reality.

When you put out a teaser or some olde worlde speak announcement, It would help if you put some facts in there as well sure you can drip feeds the facts or limit when the facts are released etc.  But even a teaser really need to say something.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943
    Check this video out.
    The guy is playing the event, from brazil  server.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24MnnsnRjS4
    How is he and his server having acces to it, i have no clue.
    But looks like a copy of outer event for those new tools that you need to craft the food items.

] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file