We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

whats recruit speed % mean?

hello can someone tell me what kind of math GGS use for this cuz i passed 100% on recruit speed but they still got alot time for recruiting 
so can someone explain wth this 100% do? 
in my math its mean i have to get soldier right after click when its -100% recruit time mean its drop to 0 sec 

Comments

• Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) Posts: 2,232ASIA1

So this is mine, I have 323% - so if it takes 3 minutes to recruit 1 soldier at 100%, mine will recruit that troop 223% faster, or just less than 1 minute. 

The higher that number is, the faster troops will be recruited.

On the relic (blue) equipment, we get -120% recruit time. It DOES NOT mean you will recruit troops instantly, but it adds that negative 120% to our recruitment speed, so the above photo would go to 443%.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• so you mean each 100% mean 25% only?
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 732US1
    Instead of looking at reduced time, look at as more troops in the same time.  Lets say you can recruit 100 troops in an hour with no bonus.  Now you get a bonus of 200 percent.  That means you would get 300 troops in that same hour, or 100 troops in 20 min.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 2,015INT3
    Ok - I THOUGHT I understood this one.  But, there is either a piece I am missing, or GGE math isn't like regular math again. 

100% Bonus recruit speed should mean it takes 50% as long to recruit the same number of troops.

So, if we start at 100% (well 99%) it takes 11:00 to recruit 1 Imp Bowman.

I don't have a 200% barracks, but 200% SHOULD equal 50% of 11:00 or 5:30.  So, 280% speed should reduce it more, right?

Well, it DOES, but 6 seconds is not equal to an 80% more reduction.  Shouldn't it be closer to the 300% improvement that would be: 3:40.  And a 400% speed boost would bring us to:  2:45

But, as we see, we are only down to 3:15.  IF I calculate this correctly, I SHOULD be down to 1:55.  I believe there is a different sliding scale of effectiveness going on.  

For PROOF that there is something fishy going on, or at least a minimum, we can look at a Spearman.

Base speed is 0:30.

At 280% we should already be over 50% of that time, or less than 0:15

Hmm...…….nope.  Exactly 50%.  What about at 472%?

Clearly, we have hit a floor.  0:15 is NOT the correct speed boost.

So, once again, either I am missing a piece on how production % is calculated, or GGE math is following its own rules.

You know which one I think it is...……..

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• MartenE3 (NL1)MartenE3 (NL1) Posts: 109NL1
    I am still trying to figure out the one for the bowman, but I am pretty sure I heard somewhere that there's a speed cap at 15 seconds in order to prevent instant recruiting.
    I am still trying to figure out the one for the bowman, but I am pretty sure I heard somewhere that there's a speed cap at 15 seconds in order to prevent instant recruiting.
    That there is a floor is understandable.  But, until you hit that floor, the numbers should work properly.

Some details, if it helps those who are better at figuring this stuff out:

472% = +264 from PO, +173.4 from Cast, +35 from Barracks
    280% = +230 from PO, +25 from Barracks, + 25 from Drill Ground
    99% = +79 from PO, +20 from Barracks  (Storm Island coin farm - upgraded barracks to 5 just for this test)

It would also be nice if the time to recruit changed to RED to indicate the floor was reached.  But, I expect changing the code to do that, would result in Dire Consequences...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 732US1
    It's funny math that they use- maybe something along the lines of the travel speed variability over long distances. 

The only recruit speed boosts you can rely on are feasts and drill grounds it seems to me.
    It's funny math that they use- maybe something along the lines of the travel speed variability over long distances. 

The only recruit speed boosts you can rely on are feasts and drill grounds it seems to me.
    Then instead of listing it as a %, it should just be a "level".  Level 472, not 472%.  Then, they could jack with the numbers all the want.

Listing it as a percentage implies something very specific...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) Posts: 664AU1
    I can second that, reading somewhere there is a 15 secs cap.
Sign In to comment.