Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Event Rewards Feedback

Comments

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    I dont think you are lying Crom, but i suspect that you yourself may not have been told the whole truth.

Accidents happen we all get that, My company have made some massive ones in the past, but with accidents there are a few things that are really important.

Firstly that you move heaven and earth to correct the issue as quickly as possible, making sure that the customer is informed of exactly what is happening, so you can let them see you are doing everything possible.  Secondly you do whatever is necessary to minimise the disruption caused to your customer, at this point cost goes out of the window its damage limitation, working 24 hrs a day, buying in replacements, compensating for any loses.  Its important to remember its your fault.

Arguably the most important thing about making mistakes is what you do to ensure it doesnt happen again.  What procedures you have put in place to ensure its not going to happen again, to show your customers you have learned a lesson from the mistake and more importantly to reassure them its not going to happen again, and that they can again trust you.

If you do all these things effectivly, then after you come out of the back of the mistake even if its a catastrophic one, you may find you will have a better relationship with your customer than you did before the mistake happened.  As your customer could see that you did everything within your power to minimise the impact to them and have come out of it a better supplier with the lessons learned.

Unfortunatly GGE tend to do non of these things, It constantly makes similar mistakes over and over again, when it does make a mistake that impacts negativly on its customers, its standard reaction is to stick its fingers in its ears to see how loud the customer shouts, if its loud enough then maybe just maybe GGE will throw them a bone, but the way it does it is all wrong, it makes the customer feel like you are doing them a favour.  Not that you are actually trying to take the steps above.

It doesnt help when your customers get to see just how quickly and efficiently you can react if there are issues with the game that you deem to be important!  And by important I mean if something enters the game that gives advantages to the customer, this are jumped all over and are sometimes corrected the same day.  Yet if its the other way then apathy rules!!!  And you will only do something if we scream loud enough, and then only sometimes.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • we have no part in this mistake, however we are the ones suffering. i am pretty sure people wont be able to play nomads or samurai with those 50 skips. i am buyer i have a lot of skips but the people who do not buy suffer the most and they are as important as the buyers for GGS developers to get their paycheck, GGS must compensate for this, i am sorry for being rude but its my right to question as a customer.

The Devil
  • lxramboxl (US1)lxramboxl (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 10.10.2019
    I  and  many  others  are  seriously  Unhappy  and  really  Orange off  about  these  so  called "new rewards" in the  form of  coins. . . 
    1)  it  takes  away  all the  fun  of  working  through the  event  to  get  rewards  actually used in the  event . .
    2) there  are  not  nearly  enough  coins to  buy  anything  worthwhile  or  needed  with the  amount of  coins  given out
    3) I  am  also  wondering  what is  going  to happen with  the  coins  previously  acquired in the balcksmith  shop,  the exchange  coins  offered  for them  is  a  joke.. . . . the orginal  coins  were  worth  considerably  more  than  what is  being  offered  now. 
    Overall  this  whole  new  coin system needs  completely  reworked,  or  there  is  really  no  point  in playing  the  game  at  all . .IMO
    Post edited by Crom Cruach on
    lxramboxl @ usa 1
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,361
     i am sorry for being rude but its my right to question as a customer.
    It is indeed your right to question and please feel free to keep them coming! You weren't rude.

I dont think you are lying Crom, but i suspect that you yourself may not have been told the whole truth. 
    The scheduling tool is an incredibly complex one and it is easy to make mistakes on it. I was shown it for the first time yesterday and I can safely say that I am glad I don't have to deal with it on a daily basis (I make lots of mistakes). 
    but i doubt it will be anything to our benefit
    We will have an announcement tomorrow morning and it should be something you will at least approve of.

Please check out this announcement
  • Ummm!!! are you sure the right buttons are going to be pressed with this update fix and everyone was sober and awake so they know what has to be done
    at this meeting :)

Manu Castle
    Leader Of

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LV 70 @ en 1
    A fair question sadly, but yes we will ensure that everything is deployed as it should be.
  • Death Spear (IN1)Death Spear (IN1) IN1 Posts: 66
    edited 10.10.2019
    thank you @Crom Cruach hope things turn out well in this update fix

The Devil

• And will we be also looking forward to seeing a blue gift box as compensation  ? 

Or was that not on the meetings agenda :)
    Manu Castle
    Leader Of

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LV 70 @ en 1
  • indywolf (GB1)indywolf (GB1) GB1 Posts: 51
    Thank you crom for the information lets hope the wrong buttons don't get pushed again
    indywolf @ en 1
  • Is there a time frame that we will need to convert our Apprentice tokens to Gold pieces? Will we loose them if we don't?
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.

• Cynrick (US1)Cynrick (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    This is only my 2nd post ever in more than 6 years of playing - this change is that important to me.
    This new "reward" system is a complete change on how the game will be played & I completely despise it.  The lack of rewards per event and skimpy nature of the "coin" rewards mean even an active player can go weeks without gaining anything.  As others have mentioned, the lack of forge rewards (dust, forge deco, etc...), time skips, ruby tools, troops & unique equipment (fun to get those unique sets = motivation to play) is killing the fun of playing events.  In case GGS has not noticed it, many alliances (players) are "event based only".  This change leaves Empire as a mostly PvP game, which will lead many (if not most) players on the US1 server to quit Empire.
    Certainly, I feel that GGS is driving me out of the game. I don't enjoy getting "coins" instead of fun/useful rewards.
    So, unless GGS massively revises this this worthless/stingy "reward" system, I foresee a LOT of people leaving and I strongly suspect I will be one of them.  Nor do I see starting to play Empire b/c of this "wonderful" (not!) reward system.  
    This is not a threat, but simple fact. Take away my fun and I'll go explore the possible fun of other games.
    Cynrick, Free Kingdoms alliance
    Direct Sub of Kingdom of Neph
  • LadyWolfe (US1)LadyWolfe (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    I  and  many  others  are  seriously  Unhappy  and  really  Orange off  about  these  so  called "new rewards" in the  form of  coins. . . 
    1)  it  takes  away  all the  fun  of  working  through the  event  to  get  rewards  actually used in the  event . .
    2) there  are  not  nearly  enough  coins to  buy  anything  worthwhile  or  needed  with the  amount of  coins  given out
    3) I  am  also  wondering  what is  going  to happen with  the  coins  previously  acquired in the balcksmith  shop,  the exchange  coins  offered  for them  is  a  joke.. . . . the orginal  coins  were  worth  considerably  more  than  what is  being  offered  now. 
    Overall  this  whole  new  coin system needs  completely  reworked,  or  there  is  really  no  point  in playing  the  game  at  all . .IMO
    Well said! I could not agree more! Point #3 is very concerning. 

Fact: When you suck the wind out of the game by creating a reward system that drags on for DAYS and MONTHS, we begin to feel like playing this "game" for fun and enjoyment becomes a 2nd job and one that increasingly deprives one of any incentive to carry on.

Fact: The exchange rate for coins is unacceptable. At the current rate, it will take years and years to progress in this game... a game that is decreasing daily in technology. This cash cow will end.

Fact: When you saturate the game with never ending ads to purchase rubies to support this enterprise, you desensitize the viewer to your advertising message. The norm becomes a "click thru fest" instead of a conversion to purchase.
    LadyWolfe @ usa 1.
    Proud member of MISC: United
    Survivor of 2 Server Wars

• This is a big change in the game, and for most of us who aren't on the test server it would have been nice to know what was being planned. Could have given feedback before we were thrown into this mess.
    We all understand that this is a game designed to make money for GGE, but it has to be fun for the customers and have some benefit for us to spend our money.
    Why would players spend money on the boosts and bonuses? To get more/better rewards or glory? Well hitting 400-600 troop bloodcrow or foreigner castles won't do it. Still doing the four country rotation but not telling us isn't working. Maybe if there were a lot more 5k-8k troop castles in each event it would be worth the purchase. And why would players buy and push to make the top 100-50 when the awards are junk in the events and the monthly. There is no incentive for players to purchase the bonuses or boosts.
    Subscriptions, we can get 135% glory now on hits...nice? No not really, cause the calculation for the glory was changed so we still get 100% but have to pay for that.
    New relic gear, an unorganized mess in our storage. I'm sure everyone loves going through each piece to figure out which one is the strongest.
    Construction and Upgrade Tokens, can't win much of either in the game. You have to go to Outer Realms, why? Oh so there's another place where you can spend money, got it.
    Now we have this new coin rewards system, good idea in theory so everyone can buy only what they need/want. Horrible implementation to the game. Two different coins so more confusing. Will we get the value from the coins to buy what we need since we don't get any rewards, fusion res and pieces, tools, troops, skips, special res, deco...everything we need to play the game. And no more new equipment to win either, great.
    Saw the Reputation booster books in the shop also for Beri green. Haven't seen that event in many months, or was that a mistake also.

So the bottom line is this, fix the events we have now to give us an incentive to make a purchase and a fair return to the players. Bloodcrow and foreigners have been bad for a long time. Get rid of this new coin reward system or make it more profitable for the players left on the servers. Or a combination of coins and rewards. Sort the relic gear in storage so it isn't a mess. This game is losing players and more will quit if something isn't done now!
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 10.10.2019
    This is a big change in the game, and for most of us who aren't on the test server it would have been nice to know what was being planned. Could have given feedback before we were thrown into this mess.
    We all understand that this is a game designed to make money for GGE, but it has to be fun for the customers and have some benefit for us to spend our money.
    !
    In all fairness to GGE, they anounced the test server would be looking at new reward package on September 23 and delineated the proposed system in this forum.  Then last week GGE announce that be installed Oct 8ct and what changes were intended to be made.  I believe that GGE gave us ample warning of the change
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • LadyWolfe (US1)LadyWolfe (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    This is a big change in the game, and for most of us who aren't on the test server it would have been nice to know what was being planned. Could have given feedback before we were thrown into this mess.
    !
    In all fairness to GGE, they anounced the test server would be looking at new reward package on September 23 and delineated the proposed system in this forum.  Then last week GGE announce that be installed Oct 8ct and what changes were intended to be made.  I believe that GGE gave us ample warning of the change
    Not everyone reads these forums religiously. Regardless, a major change to the game dynamics should have had more than 2 weeks notice on a forum that many in the player base never visit. Folks who have been playing for YEARS never read these posts.

Even if folks DID read this announcement, expecting any kind of feedback to be sorted through, considered and tested in two weeks prior to launch is just incredulous. The suggestion that GGE gave "ample warning of the change" is at best, a weak argument for supporting a new gaming dynamic that would impact the mechanics of the game in such a dramatic fashion.

I am in agreement with Tuff's statement "We all understand that this is a game designed to make money for GGE, but it has to be fun for the customers and have some benefit for us to spend our money."

If you suck the fun out of the game, and the customer sees no benefit to spending their money, your game will fail as it is not sustainable from a business perspective.

LadyWolfe @ usa 1.
    Proud member of MISC: United
    Survivor of 2 Server Wars

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    edited 11.10.2019
    This is only my 2nd post ever in more than 6 years of playing - 

the lack of forge rewards (dust, forge deco, etc...),  time skips,  (SEE: Screen shot #1 "Gold",  #2 "Silver" & #3 "Silver")

ruby tools, (SEE: Screen shot #4 "Gold")

(Event tools = SEE: Screen shot #5 "Silver", #6 Silver" & #7 "Silver") 

troops (SEE: Screen shot #8 "Gold" & 9 "Silver")

& unique equipment (SEE: Screen shot #10)
    Welcome to the Forum...…..

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Damaden (US1)Damaden (US1) US1 Posts: 69
     i am sorry for being rude but its my right to question as a customer.
    It is indeed your right to question and please feel free to keep them coming! You weren't rude.

The scheduling tool is an incredibly complex one and it is easy to make mistakes on it. I was shown it for the first time yesterday and I can safely say that I am glad I don't have to deal with it on a daily basis (I make lots of mistakes). 
    but i doubt it will be anything to our benefit
    We will have an announcement tomorrow morning and it should be something you will at least approve of.

One has to really question the wisdom of GGS leadership if they allow what I can only assume was a "working version" of the game to be replaced by an "incredibly complex" version. Sounds like a fool's errand.

But then "desperate times call for desperate measures", and I can only guess what sort of "desperate times" GGS is experiencing. However, irregardless of whether revenue is up or down, I do imagine the berating game developers must receive (probably daily) from executives demanding more revenue (is any company any different?) with quarterly goals and other KPIs. I have no doubts GGS has entire staff employed to study how each and every player spend their money, and how often, how much, on what, with stats, charts, and data out the ying yang, along with a list of which players have never spent money and "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO TURN THE FREELOADERS INTO REVENUE GENERATORS!!!!!"

"Umm, we have a new reward system, but have only briefly tested it."

"Good! Deploy it now!"

Well, thanks GGS, it is good to know where I stand now in this relationship.
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 272
    I look forward to seeing the changes to the Master Blacksmith and hope its done right to alleviate all the comments above.
    That being said if it is fixed suitably can it be rolled out to other events that the rewards are in drastic need of updating (storm)
    I would like to see the option of converting other game currency to gold silver coins to allow the player greater choice of rewards, IE shapeshifter insignias,
    I used ss insignias as an example because I cant see anything  useful in the insignia shop and they are just wasted otherwise.
    That being said if it is fixed suitably can it be rolled out to other events that the rewards are in drastic need of updating (storm)
    We are looking at updating Storm Island rewards already.
Sign In to comment.