We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Outer Realms

Comments

• "sorry -  there was a problem" doesn't cut it with me - taking the michael and displaying disdain for their customers
    GamerGac5754 @ en 1
  •  taking the michael 
    That is a new one on me.  What does it mean?  I like to try to keep up.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 2,015INT3
    @Crom Cruach  THIS has been mentioned as an issue for at least 3 Outer Realms now.  What is it going to take to get it fixed?  It is CLEARLY stating that my current rewards are the items from the 30 AND 60 point levels.  (60 points only gets one Gem - pressing on the arrow shows a total of THREE in my Current Rewards)

But, we now know that this is NOT CORRECT.  If the event ended at this point, I would ONLY get the items from the 60 point level.  AND the only people who know this, are the ones who either visit the specific pages on the forum OR have been "disappointed" with their rewards and contacted Support - and figured out what they meant.

This "display error" is high on the scale of Misleading...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 733US1
    My solution to this bug/outright lie is to only get the first tier since the gems mean more than the tokens do to me at this point.  Takes some managing, but then I don't have lofty OR goals.  I don't think it's possible to stay in the first reward level on the daily tasks and make say top 5k overall on a regular basis without buying rubies.
    Sure there is...……..

Good night.
    Sleep well.

Wasso, I meant for the full OR run, event after event. 
    Wasso, I meant for the full OR run, event after event. 
    Sure.  3 days left in this one.  I plan to stay at the 60 point level to get the Cast Gem with guaranteed CY bonus.  I also plan to remain at the top 5,000 level for the overall standings.  All it takes is hitting less than 9 castles and RBCs to take 0 points in the Daily's and making certain you pick castles that give you the points you need to remain in top 5,000.  

If you meant something other than those 2 things, sorry.  I guess I don't get it...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

edited 01.09.2019
    I was referring to the outside luck factors if you will:  How often(and deeply) you get stripped of heritage by people you can't get it back from, and how lucky you are in finding the needed targets to recoup in the time and hits(9 or less) you have.

I will say that things do seem to have calmed down a bit as people get all their greenhouses done/give up on the OR.  If GGE cooks up another building that people deem must have I expect activity to ramp up.

(Added on Edit)  Interestingly no global effects today in the OR.
  • Galiaus (US1)Galiaus (US1) Posts: 121US1
    I think a common issue for free-to-play-players in the OR is the simple lack of coins. yeah, we get a couple thousand upon entering, but in the real servers, you usually can have twice that much by level 11. It's a lot harder on the FTP, since we'd have to farm coins almost constantly to afford really good troops. (not that it is a huge problem, just one that can be fixed easily)

• Robber barons are the only way to farm coins and you can only hit three at a time when starting. Sometimes you don't make many coins because you have to pay to replace them, that is usually with the cheap troops like spearmen. You can also sell your wich wells, and if you're lucky enough to get decos from daily gifts then sell those. Selling equipment is another way however it requires the slow farming of rbcs, which I don't have the patience for because the hits are slow. Also sometimes people find equipment they don't want to sell, however they can in no way compete with the sets you can buy for coins. I'ts a shame they got rid of the Strategist hero because it allowed for a little faster rbc hitting as well as a source of good coins.
    I was referring to the outside luck factors if you will:  How often(and deeply) you get stripped of heritage by people you can't get it back from, and how lucky you are in finding the needed targets to recoup in the time and hits(9 or less) you have.

I will say that things do seem to have calmed down a bit as people get all their greenhouses done/give up on the OR.  If GGE cooks up another building that people deem must have I expect activity to ramp up.

(Added on Edit)  Interestingly no global effects today in the OR.
    Yeah, the lack of Global Effects this morning was a pain.  As for the rest, I think the only real benefit I have that others may not, is that I live in a Time Zone that makes being on-line for the collection of points fairly simple.  RL does get in the way at times, but usually I can get my points back to where I need them on the 9 hits.  Then, I can get hit for 19-22 hours without worry before getting back in there the next day.

I think a common issue for free-to-play-players in the OR is the simple lack of coins. yeah, we get a couple thousand upon entering, but in the real servers, you usually can have twice that much by level 11. It's a lot harder on the FTP, since we'd have to farm coins almost constantly to afford really good troops. (not that it is a huge problem, just one that can be fixed easily)
    Coins aren't an issue either, really.  Just don't waste them on too big of an army.  First day, I buy 20 troops from the Armorer, 10 Melee and 10 Range.  Typically, these 20 will get me through the first 25 castle hits.  Then I use a combination of recruited Macemen and Crossbowmen for the RBCs.  If needed, I top these off as I go.  But, never keep a large force in place.  Expect them all to get wiped out.  Next step is, when the coins go on sale for 1/2 price, use the provided Rubies to buy them.  You also get $3,700 coin for hitting Chevallier.  By day 2 or 3 I move to a new area, as the area I started in will either be full of big spenders, and I am getting hit too often for too many points lost, OR the Castles all have less than 1,000 Heritage left in them.  (Or both.....)  Get to the new place, and follow the same process as before.

The only other real "trick" I have seen make the big difference, is getting in on day #1.  If you get top 5,000 for 220 or more points, everyone else who comes in day 2 or later has a difficult time making up that point gap - as long as you stay in the top 5,000 - 7,500 in Daily Placement.

Will I ever WIN Outers?  Nope.  Will I ever get to top 500, where the Base Food Item gets better?  Nope.  But, consider this:  The difference between top 500 and top 5,000 rewards is: 600 Upgrade Tokens, 120 Build Tokens, 2 Decoration Catalysts (level 14 vs level 15), 250 PO / 175 Might on the Goddess, and +25 base food.  The EFFORT between top 500 and top 5,000?  MASSIVE + RUBY PURCHASE.  For those who DO believe it is worth it, I tip my hat to them.  Congradulations!  Enjoy your win and the loot that comes with it!

For me, I will take the easy and FREE stuff at my level............

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• the current outers rewards scroll bar shows multiple rewards for achieving 240 duty points. this correlates with the five stages - thus for example there are 6 relic pieces on offer. its been suggested that you only get the final reward for 240 points at event conclusion - but clearly this is not reflected in the prize bar shown.

moderators can you take this up with ggs to find out why this hasnt been resolved - or has been fixed. ta

http://prntscr.com/p18hdp
  • GGS doesn't care. They leave it so they can bait unsuspecting players to play for all rewards, not just one measley tier. These "visual glitches" are just traps for the innocent. It's disgusting on their part and imo even if it's not the real reward they should still give what they ADVERTISE. People invest time and maybe even money to win or buy what their screen displays, and this is a display glitch on GGS' part.

edited 03.09.2019
    blueninja691 (US1) said:

GGS doesn't care. They leave it so they can bait unsuspecting players to play for all rewards, not just one measley tier. These "visual glitches" are just traps for the innocent. It's disgusting on their part and imo even if it's not the real reward they should still give what they ADVERTISE. People invest time and maybe even money to win or buy what their screen displays, and this is a display glitch on GGS' part.
    Yep, one of the most glaring examples of a "known issue" that hasn't been resolved.  The screen CLEARLY shows that your "Current Rewards" are ALL of the list of items.  But, you will only receive the tier you reach and nothing before it.  

@Crom Cruach care to comment? 

As it doesn't directly affect Ruby Sales negatively, it is far down the list of priorities...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• http://prntscr.com/p1c6xj

so in simple terms whatever is offered ....can be ignored.
    good luck next time

http://prntscr.com/p1c6xj

so in simple terms whatever is offered ....can be ignored.
    good luck next time

They SHOULD be professionally embarrassed by a response like that.

But, of course they are not...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

For those who doubt that you can spend only a small amount of time and NO RUBIES and still get a decent finish in the Outer Realms, I present the below.  This will be the final score for the Overall.  The Daily will no longer matter, but I included it to show what can be done.  

A few of the days, I didn't go in before collection time as RL was busy.  I only went in for about an hour and bought ZERO Rubies. 

As an FYI - I purposely kept my Daily Duties low to keep the prize level I wanted.  This limited me to 9 hits per day, most days.  Again, not much effort involved...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• It's hard to be embarrassed by a response that is most likely copy pasted. No feelings involved.

"Hey Noah we have another complaint about daily duty rewards not being fuly delivered from the Outer Realms"

"Engage in protocol 'we don't care' and move onto the next ticket Joey"

Conrats Wasso.  I also finished top5k with no ruby buy, same daily task reward level and probably about the same time spent actually playing in the OR.  There was some significant chat time trying to show people how to play the smart cheap way.

My only disagreement with you is on the repeatability of those results while staying in the first daily task reward level OR in and out.  Just too many random factors for me to say it's repeatable like clockwork.
    edited 04.09.2019

My only disagreement with you is on the repeatability of those results while staying in the first daily task reward level OR in and out.  Just too many random factors for me to say it's repeatable like clockwork.
    I will never say Always........ ;)
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Sign In to comment.