We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread - Update 29th August 2019

Comments

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 812Community Manager
    What could be more important @Grunt3 (US1) than answering player questions on the forum?
  • kajacro (GB1)kajacro (GB1) Posts: 181GB1
    @Philt123 (GB1) thankyou. You say you are not a wordsmith but you have very successfully used plain English to translate the nonsense into a straightforward explanation of the update we can all understand. GGS, please note.
    kajacro @ en 1
  • lol the def was already OP and i thought it couldn't get any worse 
    These gge trash developers never disappoint in this criteria.
    They always make it worse when you think its the worst
    I really wonder how they are still able to make money out of the whales when the game is totally in def mode
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 314GB1
    edited 29.08.2019
    What I find really irritating (apart from lack of current availability, obviously.....), is that GGE haven't clearly stated which of the new materials will be ridiculously oversupplied
    Though i'm guessing that purified water will be nearly as hard to win as sand....... though surely available for rubies if required.......
  • I've actually cut down my game time - and am seriously annoyed with the gibberish announcements - please - if you want to KEEP players and not LOSE them say things in a clear and concise manner !

This announcement to paraphrase is "as clear as mud" !

@Crom Cruach  as much as the game has helped me survive by taking my mind off R/L issues - i'm at the point of just giving up - !!
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • QIQ (US1)QIQ (US1) Posts: 3US1
    Another dumb azz update nobody asked for added to the game.
  • The problem here is that with every online game I've ever encountered, they start out with a complete game thinking it will be good for a long time.  Then people cap out sooner than expected and demand more.  The company wants to keep these players so they have to add to the game.  Adding new things gets new players and retains existing players.  

Unfortunately, adding content interferes with fixing bugs and quality control.  If you really want more bug fixes then you need to up the company revenue stream so they can hire more people. Not even free to play games are free. Someone has to pay.

I agree that GGS needs to have better explanations of how things work. Personally, I would add the materials and then what you need to use them.  I would also maybe try making the in game help actually be helpful.

I get annoyed at the game too but dumping on Crom is rude and a waste of time.  GGS isn't going to listen to him any more than they do anyone else.

I've gone through a lot of free and pay online games. None of them are perfect and even some of the pay games are worse than this.

If you find something better let me know.
  • Crom, I gave you a Like for actually providing useful information about where the items will be coming from.

I gave you an LOL about the teaser. If GGE thinks the majority of their players actually enjoy these, then they should share what they are drinking, smoking, or snorting because that is some awesome stuff that can totally remove you from reality.

I personally believe that everyone that applies for the moderator must be masochistic. GGE does nothing but set you up for repeated abuse and your doing a volunteer position. I wouldn't do the job for minimum wage much less for free.

Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 812Community Manager

Crom, I gave you a Like for actually providing useful information about where the items will be coming from.

You are too kind! Thanks as I don't often get likes.

@Crom Cruach  as much as the game has helped me survive by taking my mind off R/L issues - i'm at the point of just giving up - !!
    I am glad the game helps, gaming in general is good for mental health I think. Just don't give up, we will miss you.

• Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,941ASIA1

To be honest, at this point I gave up on forums too, and finding out what crap they're selling on here since they started with the minecraft stories that nobody understands.

I gave up carrying what updates they are rolling out.

There is test server, and if you know when is coming, you can see the updates yourself.

Anyway, the forums are basically useless for any info. Like when the 150% and 200% offers are coming, in the last 2 announcements they said no time for those offers.

Keep it up ggs with the enchanting language from minecraft on those announcements. 👎

] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• I'm getting headaches from trying to read messages & chat in my alliance. Where is the fair play in having this occurring?
  • in the end of the update announcement it says 'And last but not least… you might want to pay attention to some of our events coming up this month. A change has been made to some that you have been requesting for a very long time…'

does this mean we will be having samurai appear more than once during the LTPE or will we be having the berimond invasion returning?

They had announced we would get better invaders and BC's with this update
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,826INT3
    in the end of the update announcement it says 'And last but not least… you might want to pay attention to some of our events coming up this month. A change has been made to some that you have been requesting for a very long time…'

does this mean we will be having samurai appear more than once during the LTPE or will we be having the berimond invasion returning?

They had announced we would get better invaders and BC's with this update
    Keep your expectations low. What we saw on the Test Server was an "improvement" from mostly 500-800 castles to more 800-1000 ones.  Still plenty of 500s as well.

But, this IS an improvement......….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Okay, so, after having a look at the materials needed for one lvl 10 relic item, the one that gives +1k food, and the costs of these materials, i have calculated the cost in apprentice tokens for one lvl 10 item, and i seriously hope that they are utterly wrong. For one lvl 10 item i need 20,480 tokens. Err, what? I can, perhaps, undertsand this cost if it was for the storage item, but for +1k food? The base 14 item costs 15k, and this relic item is about as good, if not worse, soooo... why is it more expensive? People will be able to get 1 item in two seasonals, or perhaps one each seasonal. If i assume people would earn a huge 35k tokens per seasonal, it would take over 3 years to get all 70, 10 in each castle. No, thanks, to the over-priced relicus, no, thanks, to this. 
  • How do you get your troops out of the monument? 
    For some reason I forgot'
    senior moment lol
    thank you
  • Please try to discuss the matter on tropic and don't give that long story sorry but it doesn't help me with the story of urs i didn't get a dammmmm thing what u tried to discuss only by the picture i could understand a little and also try to give a full and proper information when ever u give a info
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The object of war is not to die for you country
    but to make the other bastard die for his."
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Supi (US1)
  • Please STOP
    look at the ruins on the Map
    We need new blood and to stop losing players daily to complicated updates with so little Information available on them.
    Hear us we want a simple Free War Game where at the end of the day we feel like we accomplished something as a team for our time and effort.
    NOT some event bought and paid for by Credit Cards. Or NEW Improved things that make it frustrating due to vague information given BEFORE they are introduced.
    How do you expect a brand new player to come in and sort all of this out plus build what many here took years to put together in a timely manner and figure out all the old stuff still coming as awards plus the new stuff.

gail y. smith
    US1
    gail y smith @ usa 1
  • \r\n
    kajacro (GB1)<\/a> said:<\/div>\r\n
    Maybe instead of another silly story you could actually explain how and where to get some of the items, please?<\/div>\r\n<\/blockquote>\r\nABSOLUTELY!!!!&nbsp; Please just explain in simple terms instead of all this flowery nonsense.&nbsp; It's hard enough to understand the mechanics of everything without having to hire an interpreter for an language long ago consigned to the history books.&nbsp; I guarantee you, a very high percentage of people who still bother to read the notices won't have a clue what you are trying to say.

It was amusing for the first one or two notices; now its just plain tedious, obstructive and downright unhelpful.

I haven't event bothered yet to find out the changes I am supposed to be looking for","bodyRaw":"
    \r\n
    kajacro (GB1)<\/a> said:<\/div>\r\n
    Maybe instead of another silly story you could actually explain how and where to get some of the items, please?<\/div>\r\n<\/blockquote>\r\nABSOLUTELY!!!!&nbsp; Please just explain in simple terms instead of all this flowery nonsense.&nbsp; It's hard enough to understand the mechanics of everything without having to hire an interpreter for an language long ago consigned to the history books.&nbsp; I guarantee you, a very high percentage of people who still bother to read the notices won't have a clue what you are trying to say.

It was amusing for the first one or two notices; now its just plain tedious, obstructive and downright unhelpful.

I haven't event bothered yet to find out the changes I am supposed to be looking for","format":"Wysiwyg","dateInserted":"2019-08-29T12:06:05+00:00","insertUser":{"userID":210591,"name":"Osiris (GB1)","photoUrl":"https:\/\/us.v-cdn.net\/6025127\/uploads\/userpics\/466\/nPAWY2JXTV052.jpg","dateLastActive":"2019-08-29T21:09:39+00:00"},"url":"https:\/\/community.goodgamestudios.com\/empire\/en\/discussion\/comment\/5071009#Comment_5071009","embedType":"quote"}">
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/comment/5071009#Comment_5071009

To be honest, at this point I gave up on forums too, and finding out what crap they're selling on here since they started with the minecraft stories that nobody understands.

I gave up carrying what updates they are rolling out.

There is test server, and if you know when is coming, you can see the updates yourself.

Anyway, the forums are basically useless for any info. Like when the 150% and 200% offers are coming, in the last 2 announcements they said no time for those offers.

Keep it up ggs with the enchanting language from minecraft on those announcements. 👎

Absolutely agree @Osiris (GB1) 

No-one listens, no-one cares, developers and GGS employees forget who is actually really feeding them, in case they didn't know is us, the donuts that keep on spending.

Is actually quite sad to see that the community and audience has no voice, power or influence over anything that has been thrown around as "new update"
    Pathetic because we are the ones that run GGS.

All people ask for is to be listened out, yet that seems so hard, (GGS probably busy making new sick updates).

The way to satisfy your audience is too meet as many different interests as possible, if that's what GGS is doing, you need to rethink your approach and strategies.

Im not Jordan Belfort to give business speeches , but it really doesn't take much to see how negative this place has become.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,826INT3
    Okay, so, after having a look at the materials needed for one lvl 10 relic item, the one that gives +1k food, and the costs of these materials, i have calculated the cost in apprentice tokens for one lvl 10 item, and i seriously hope that they are utterly wrong. For one lvl 10 item i need 20,480 tokens. Err, what? I can, perhaps, undertsand this cost if it was for the storage item, but for +1k food? The base 14 item costs 15k, and this relic item is about as good, if not worse, soooo... why is it more expensive? People will be able to get 1 item in two seasonals, or perhaps one each seasonal. If i assume people would earn a huge 35k tokens per seasonal, it would take over 3 years to get all 70, 10 in each castle. No, thanks, to the over-priced relicus, no, thanks, to this. 
    100% because these are aimed at the 70/800 Ruby Buyers.  These give them something to get, and they WILL spend to get them.  The Lowly Resource Player (and YES I am one of them) will simply watch them play an entirely different game than we do......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Sign In to comment.