We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Give This Man (Or Women) A Pay Rise!

Whoever suggested this idea, deserves a pay rise. I love it. It's amazing, it's short, it's worthwhile. It's available for free to play, players. This is a great step into a positive aspect for the game. 

Please update the Kingdom League event to a real 'ranked' event. The current event is very bad, and very unfair - I am not being placed with players on similar skill level by any means, I have dominated the last 8 out of 12 days by over 500% compared to other players, the remaining 4 a player dominated me by over 500%.

I am writing this in my signature to avoid cluttering the forums, but having the message everywhere. 

Comments

• Yeah I was thinking the same thing myself. It allows non buyers a chance to do better in nomads and a higher chance of collecting the gear. This is the GGS brainstorming we need!!!

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,806AU1
    Also means I can get 4 hours of 500% for 20k rubies instead of 180k rubies, 1 more reason to not spend I don't mind :D

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Until you run out of skips.

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,806AU1
    Until you run out of skips.
    I have 6301492 minuites worth of time skips at the moment, I think I'm fine for a while, I'm at the hardcap for timeskips for 1 minuite, 5 minuites, 30 minuite and 1 hour time skips 

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,708INT3
    @Dark Venom (ASIA1)  Don't say it too loud.  If you LIKE it, they will remove it..........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• TempranceTemprance Posts: 819Moderator
    Thanks for the positive feedback!!

been a long time coming

I will be sure to forward this :)

Temprance

Temprance @ usa 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,068INT1
    Agreed the most positive thing in game awesome
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • I like this, thank you gge programmers, or concept artists... whoever does the game design, for adding this as a feature.

It will not only help make the playing field level.... but

Increase faith that gge is not out only for the money :smile:
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 694Community Manager
    Nothing to see here.... keep walking....
  • And now they cancelled it..?
    nilsenvinder @ skn 1
  • Ikr. it's almost like they dont want positive feedback lol. Whats the point of this forum section if they don't give a dime about what the playerbase likes???

• blueninja691 (US1)blueninja691 (US1) Posts: 305US1
    edited 22.08.2019

Ikr. Everything we complain about stays everything we like goes :'(

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,708INT3
    @Dark Venom (ASIA1)  Don't say it too loud.  If you LIKE it, they will remove it..........
    Called it...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,617
    no way, are you serious ?  I hope its a wind up.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • I heard there was reward issues, this could be an attempt to reduce loss on a corporate level internally. Either that this model didn't work well with existing system.

• Whats interesting about this thread, is that the title is called giving a pay raise to the concept designer, but may I ask?
    How does giving a company less money, lead to pay raises?

Just an idea I had to put forward.
    I think if this idea was to roll back, that could be why, other than the community slash on inbox offers
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) Posts: 2,196ASIA1
    edited 23.08.2019
    Please, just keep your total post count at 14. 

Edit: removed a threat 
    Please update the Kingdom League event to a real 'ranked' event. The current event is very bad, and very unfair - I am not being placed with players on similar skill level by any means, I have dominated the last 8 out of 12 days by over 500% compared to other players, the remaining 4 a player dominated me by over 500%.

I am writing this in my signature to avoid cluttering the forums, but having the message everywhere. 
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,617
    Let me try to answer that, Firstly Giving someone something then taking it away again is worse than never giving them in the first place.

Secondly there is a MASSIVE dissconnect between ruby and non ruby players in the game in particular in regards to events.

This change up gave the nun ruby buyer the opportunity to perform significantly better in events than they did previously, meaning the gap was lessened.  It may even convince the non ruby buyer to become a low ruby buyer, thus increasing revenue.

As well as increasing competition again incentivising players to push even harder and spend even more in the medium to long term.

Also it may help stem the tide of 40% year on year losses of non ruby players leaving the game, if you find a way to enable them to perform at a higher level without huge spend, it has to be good for the life of the game.  40% year on year losses of payer numbers is un sustainable and in the long run WILL negativly effect revenues.

Total revenue has as yet not been significantly affected by  the massive loss of players from the game, but by definition as players leave if revenue stays the same that mean existing buyers are buying more to compensate for those that are stopping.  But this has a ceiling.

Your analagy assumes that this offer will mean that GGE's revenues will fall.  By the same token you could argue that any voucher system, any discounting anything that involved reducing the amount a customer pays for something reduces revenue.

As we know this is not the case discounting often can massivly increase revenue.

You are also lookign at a very short term view of marketing / sales.  The reality is IF more players buy the boost, the more camps etc they will hit, the more tools and troops they will use, it will help drive the GGE internal economy, Sure it has to be given a fair chance over a sustained period of time, as buying rubies to get a boost the revenue effect is immediate and easily quantifiable.

The revenue effect of increasing competionion, increasing activity, offering better value for money, possibly converting existing non ruby buyers into becomeing moderate ruby buyers, or sporadic ruby buyers by giving them things to buy with their rubies they actually want, by increasing tool usage and troop usage.  Will take time to filter through the economy.  As there is so much "stock" of both tools, and rubies etc within the system.  

So yes it is very possible that short term direct sales are hit, the same as any discounting scheme does.  But to suggest that this is a failiure and will lead to longer term lower sales, is a very simplistic view of not only sales and marketing.  But also of product enjoyment, competition, activity.  And number of users who spend.  Which are all good longer term indicators of revenue.

To take away something customers like is generally a bad move commercially in the long term.  Most companies make money in the long term by proving the customer something they want to buy at a price they want to pay.  This was no exception.

IF GGE have binned this after one event, all it proves is that they have no desire to consider the longer term viability of the game, only short term profit, and this will only lead to one thing.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Thanks phil for clarifying. I was thinking on the line that if you make a product or service a commodity. The value of it goes down per unit sold, until it has little worth.

In essence the company takes the market, but not the profit per unit by doing so.
    I have not noticed too much of a player drop, but I do see gaps so I see how their could be a decline in players this semester, and need for growth opportunities.

• I think you are right Venom in the sense that the forum is not the best place to put idea through, and will stop posting.
Sign In to comment.