Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Too many special offers and Pop ups!!!

Comments

• OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    OxO (AU1) said:
    OxO (AU1) said:
    Just leave the -80% prices on tools, -50% price on ruby commanders and i'm happy.
    Remove all the offers that doesn't help ppl. 
    Every offer is helpful to someone, so your point is useless lol
    who tf buys wood & stone
    Most likely only newbies and/or kids who are not really old enough to play this game. You do not have to be a high level player to buy rubies either. Some people might start buying rubies early on and foolishly waste it on things they do not really need including wood and stone. But most people who have a brain most likely would not waste rubies on wood and stone. The only other exception to buying wood and stone with rubies is for the Colossus event despite the fact it requires a ton of wood and stone to even get a decent public order and may not necessarily even be worth spending rubies to get the additional wood and stone.
    It's still not helpful to them... They just think it is..
    normally it comes in the pick and choose reward things so unless those rewards themselves were specifically removed it's not causing any additional lag by having them there
    I'm not really arguing for/against them—just being a minor nuisance by pointing that out.
    Fair enough lol

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 28.02.2018
    OxO (AU1) said:
    Just leave the -80% prices on tools, -50% price on ruby commanders and i'm happy.
    Remove all the offers that doesn't help ppl. 
    Every offer is helpful to someone, so your point is useless lol
    who tf buys wood & stone
    Most likely only newbies and/or kids who are not really old enough to play this game. You do not have to be a high level player to buy rubies either. Some people might start buying rubies early on and foolishly waste it on things they do not really need including wood and stone. But most people who have a brain most likely would not waste rubies on wood and stone. The only other exception to buying wood and stone with rubies is for the Colossus event despite the fact it requires a ton of wood and stone to even get a decent public order and may not necessarily even be worth spending rubies to get the additional wood and stone.
    It's still not helpful to them... They just think it is..
    Exactly. And some people who spend rubies on getting more wood and stone might also regret it later on as well. There is not really that much of a point to spend rubies on wood and stone when they could just as easily be looted and especially by active players. And yes it is a nuisance as well considering the fact the majority of players on this game are probably not newbies or kids, because even some of the low level players might actually have been at a higher level one time while other low level accounts could also be multiple accounts as well and/or have played for a long time with one account currently with low activity.

If I had to take a guess at least two-thirds or possibly more of all players on the U.S server are aged 16+ and at least half of the players below level 50 are probably at least somewhat experienced players who had to restart the game back to level 1 at least once who might have also been at a much higher level at one time, have played for a long time but with low activity (which if that is an indicator of anything these kind of people most likely do not buy rubies either and also most likely do not spend rubies on wood or stone as well), dead accounts, and/or multiple accounts. And then of course their is also the more experienced players as well from levels 50-70+ which about at least half of the U.S. server currently has players that high of a level which is about 20k total and if I had to take a guess the majority of players at these levels most likely do not spend rubies on wood or stone either. Overall, it is only just a minor nuisance like you pointed out, but that is only just one example of useless advertisements that are not really needed for pop ups.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • samm5 (US1)samm5 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    SEEMS TO ME EVERYONE HAS SPOKEN GGE NO ONE IS GOING TO PURCHASE UNLESS THEY WANT TO NOT BECAUSE OF YOU SHOVING YOUR UNWANTED ADS INTO OUR FACES. THERE WAS A TIME WHEN I WAS  HAPPY TO SEE A SALE/GOOD DEAL POP-UP BUT NOW INSTEAD OF PLAYING THE GAME I AND I'M SURE THAT THERE ARE COUNTLESS OTHERS DOING THE SAMETHING CLEARING OUT THE POP-UPS IN ORDER TO TRY AND PLAY AND ENJOY THE GAME. ENJOYMENT HAS TURNED INTO FRUSTRATION. ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO RUN US AWAY OR IS THIS SOME FORM OF PHYSCOLOGY THAT YOU'RE TESTING AT THIS TIME? NOW PERSONAL MESSAGES THOSE ARE NOT PERSONAL AT ALL DON'T SEE ANYTHIING PERSONAL ABOUT THEM.OMGOSH WE CAN'T EVEN DELETE THEM UNTIL YOU ALLOW US TO DO SO WITH THE SET TIME THAT YOU HAVE EMPOSED UPON US.GGE GIVE US A BREAK  AND STOP TRYING TO FORCE SOMETHING UPON US WHICH WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN LET US ENJOY THE GAME ONCE  AGAIN...…. THANKS MUCH
  • bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 664
    Popup blocker, add blocker
    it is against GGE TSO

I would like to call it a game enabler would that fit in TSO?
  • The law is filled with loopholes so be my guest lol. Make GGE Playable Again!

• And, STOP with the 'system' messages in our inboxes!
    They are ANNOYING AF!!!
    Filling up our inboxes with offers ontop of the constant pop ups!
    You arer ruining your own game for the thousands who play it!
    FML!
    THE DARKSIDE @ en 1
    there is a positive on the adds in the system messages some stay active for a week or more

• Log in log out and every time and another damm!!!  offer appears either once twice or up to seven times
    So Its either The Mafia that have driven our beloved King Eric from our Kingdom or the auto send button has been firmly stuck :smile:
    Manu Castle
    Leader Of

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LV 70 @ en 1
  • B0RAT (LT1)B0RAT (LT1) LT1 Posts: 88
    We should all start to raise tickets "in game loss" and specify reason "pop up freeze game". 
    Maybe after 1000+tickets they will start to use brain, how to change it in to something different. 

• Grunt3 (US1)Grunt3 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    GGE needs to stop sending special offers, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THEM!!!

Make a special offer page and ppl can check it out when they feel like it...

It's not a game anymore, it's pop up and special offer crap fest.

I hope i wont end up in forum jail again for my comment! Last time i posted something it was considered offensive hahaha

G3 aka D Insolent One
    Grunt3 @ usa 1
  • Lemmy (INT2)Lemmy (INT2) INT2 Posts: 25
    The direct to inbox offers are painful indeed and need to stop. Also just stop offering the same stuff every time, it's like playing a broken record over and over. Enough Already.
    Lemmy -  International 2
  • Just logged in and I have seven of them waiting. Some wont leave for two hours...

SPAM ALERT

• blueninja691 (US1)blueninja691 (US1) US1 Posts: 339
    edited 18.08.2019
    Today my screen got butchered by a gang of innocent looking popups...
    https://prnt.sc/ou9fui
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    Dear snorky,

I write this comment to hopefully teach you that you're very entitled, and sound like you aren't old enough to buy rubies.

So take radio and TV ads for example, they have commonly 7-8min of ads per 30min of broadcast, and you're complaining about 4 pop ups every 90 minutes!!!!!\Do you see how ridiculous that is??? 4 clicks and you won't see them for 90-100 minutes!!! This is how they make money, and you think 4 clicks is too much??? Literally sending an attack takes more time than that. 

I spent more time writing this comment then I would removing popups for the next month for *bad word* sakes. 

I even done some measurements, and those ads down the bottom take up 1/26th of your screen AND THAT IS BEING EXCESSIVELY NICE TO YOU, that includes shadows and the area inside of it, and doesn't include your browser and toolbar area. 

Now please, grow up, or use a dummy. GGS has to pay their workers so their kids and partner can eat. Let them advertise, they take up 5 seconds of your life everyday.

You do not understand how many times I backspaced cusses on this comment, I got that mad at your cry baby post. 

Crom, if anything you don't like in here, just remove it. I tried my best to keep cool, but I'm defending GGS on this one, too many people crying about ridiculous things and not giving real feedback like they think they're doing.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• The ads do lag the game a bit as well as get in the way of trains if running them at thw wrong time. And for the 1/26th of the screen... Well I hate to break it to you but as long as its the centre of the screen it may as well be half the screen. Nit to mention the mailbox soam of special offers. Yes they need to make money and believe me they will still be making money if they hid their ads. People like me who don't even buy still like to see whats for grabs so if there was a special page that would exhibit an exclamation point every time new deals arrive that would indeed be nice. And the same amount of people would be buying and maybe even more. You know you dont need to be toxic about this one but the game already is very laggy on its own, especially HTML5. Hole they get that thing running smoothly or the few players that remain will cease to exist, and the game will turn into Goidgame Bugfarm for the select few who do remain.

• Grunt3 (US1)Grunt3 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    Hey Dark Venom

4 pop ups every 90 min? Not sure we get the same number of pop ups here!

5 min past the hr i get 6-7 pop ups, 30 min later i get 1 or 2 more and 10 min after that i get another 1 and it keeps going like that all day!
    Special offers in my inbox show up everyday, sometimes i only get a few and sometimes i get 8-10. I don't care about any of it!
    Too much advertisement all the time, i understand GGE needs to make $ but they should find a better way to display their advertisement.
    There's a big empty spot below the rubies,coins and subscription icon...they should use that as a pop up/special offer page and from there players could go check it out when they want!

Now about that self-righteousness attitude of yours...work on that instead!
    Grunt3 @ usa 1
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    edited 19.08.2019
    If you weren't able to tell, I'm extremely pissed at players complaining about GGS and crying wanting this at that, and when they finally get it, they complain about something else or say it's not good enough! I was doing that crap when I was 15. You know what happened since? I grew up, and matured. I got anger issues, but I sure ain't writing posts about how I'm being advertised too by a free to play game. Nobody, should be complaining about the current offers "spamming them" they take up a single bloody click of space in your inbox, and yes they lag a little, big whoop, 5 seconds of your life wasted on lag, buy a lightweight mouse or something to make up for the 5 seconds of looting, or pee faster or something if you care that much. They changed it so the offers run for longer periods of time so they pop up less, and also won't come while you're in your battle screen. That's what was being complained about last year.

Under the subscription part creates clutter. Maybe a reduction in size, a very firm maybe that is, or an idea I seen another forum user showed, and I liked it personally (a genuine idea, not some cry baby post) was to move the offers from a vertical to a horizontal format, it looked nice, as they even gave a photo showing how it looks nice, because that is how you actually get your idea's across. I've gotten an idea added into the game - maybe not me solely, but it was passed on, and a moderate even came back and told us, "hey, it's been added in the game" a few months later, and guess what, I wasn't a male genital to GGS about it spamming !!!! 

Like ffs, this guy wants an option to hide offers?! Like literally imagine the repercussions of that actually happening - job cuts = more lag, less updates, longer support times, more bugs. You guys need to look at the bigger picture, not what's in front of you. I'm sorry for being an ass wipe, but I'm not a going to sit here and watch GGS get blasted anymore, have your own medicine but with some steroids in it. (and I'm not really that sorry). 

Edit: this is my last post on the matter, and I didn't proof read this, so if something isn't making sense to you, make something up, I don't really care that much at this point.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

I wanted to be very short in this, but appeared to be inpossible.
    It is understandable that a game provider needs to make money to develop and maintain his programs.
    It is also understandable that players of the game want to play.
    If the amount of money making adds makes normal game play impossible there is no money making but losing player.
    There is a balance between making clear what you have to offer and excess and extreme excess is what player are currently complaining about.
    You can run around with blinders and fake not noticing what your players are telling you, but fact is the game is lagging much more than needed by the adds and more than often even overloading and for sure not inviting to buy more than you need.
    Balance is a big problem for good games which should be worked on.
  • ScreamCon (US1)ScreamCon (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    People who love the game will buy rubies... no ad needed. I do like that the ads tell me when a sale is on.
    I have seen 5 stack up on top of each other once.

I use this game as a social outlet, occasional distraction. 

• ScreamCon (US1)ScreamCon (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    Inbox ad, popup ad, subscriptions, season pass, discounts. What economic model don't this game have.

I like both sides that are for the profitability, and for entertainment value of the game.
    They are both valid arguments for the staff to consider

I do not think the gge company is poor as of right now... have payed fair share, and see many high levels doing so too... but rather that their servers are bogged down with software inefficiency, or cutting of budget.
Sign In to comment.