We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Shady lady needs to Change

Shady Lady event needs to be changed. It is a big problem causer amongst alliances. If they (gge) would set it up like the hunstsman event (controlled the hits within 10 levels) and the hits didn't affect the defender (no loss of tools, no loss of troops, no glory) then the event would be more fun - hitting for the sake of reward.

Please consider making this change. Many alliance problems occur because of the Shady Lady event. Wars start, smaller players burn un-necessarily, it's a problem event. 

maccat

Comments

• PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 308GB1
    I agree, she needs to get a scarf or something to make sure she doesn't catch a chill on these frosty,dark nights.....

The event, however, I'm torn on need for change.... it is optional and as everyone will point out "It's a war game". As it stands its a good learning tool for pvp and diplomacy which maybe skewed a little by standards of alliance leadership and, of course, the deplorable lack of fresh and rotating targets/potential opponents caused by the lack of players wanting to join and stay. I guess this catch 22 does make it a bit more toxic than usual.Worth a furlough until numbers are on an increasing track?

On the upside it does give opportunities for interactions with other alliances and for identifying who the complete idiots are who are near you and a chance for some pvp at a notch below all out war.

If it were to be made the same as a huntsman event, better to retire "Shady" than make a pale imitation

In an ideal world I'd like to think it could be tweaked maybe to give more "balanced" and reasonable targets (not too close, not too different in capability) and perhaps spiced up with rewards more in line with "cost to complete"
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,055INT1
    I have finish shady lady achievements , and do not need to do them, but what i was to speak to them , yes you do get some that were just muppets but the majority , we agreed to take down cast . move out soldiers, and just send 32 dogs , they did the same to you if you were on there shady list.
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • I have finish shady lady achievements , and do not need to do them, but what i was to speak to them , yes you do get some that were just muppets but the majority , we agreed to take down cast . move out soldiers, and just send 32 dogs , they did the same to you if you were on there shady list.
    same here did and completed shady ages ago - the nobility rewards need to be better to entice me to do it again !

PS saw in plans announcement nobility due for an overhaul - perhaps we need to discuss this before they totally f that up too ?

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 308GB1
     perhaps we need to discuss this before they totally f that up too ?
    Pretty sure they can do that whether we all talk about it or not......
  • I just wish there was a limit on levels.  There are too many level 50's getting hit by level 70's in Shady Lady. 
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,628INT3
    The Shady Lady just needs to keep her cloak closed.  ;)

Seriously though, hitting the target IS optional and most Alliances / Players will make a deal to accept a Shady Hit.  As always, it is bad attitudes that make it problematic.  BOTH those who hit to destroy on a Shady, and those who cry over a simple Shady.  

PEOPLE, that's the problem...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 557NL1
    There are those that only hit known inactive player on the shady list and there are those that do about two rounds of the shady list.
    I know which type of player I sympathize most
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,776AU1
    I ussualy skip targets untill I get someone active enough that I know I can strike a deal with them within 12 hours or someone inactive

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
Sign In to comment.