We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Things that need to be changed to make this game better.

Kingd0mKing (US1)Kingd0mKing (US1) Posts: 104US1
edited 19.07.2019 in General Discussion
Things that need to be changed to make GGE better.

1. Include an optional 2 step verification feature. 
 2. Require email verification for surrendering an outpost. For most players this is a big enough deal. 
 3. Allow more methods of securing our accounts. For a lot of people these accounts are an investment of thousands of hours of hard work and thousands of dollars. 

4. Allow us to report bugs and offensive chat/PMs easier. 

5. Give in-game currency (Rubies) in exchange for reporting bugs. This only makes sense. 

6. Give rewards for top positions in loot. I know nobody's telling us to actually get top positions, but I think it's fun to try and that it should be rewarded. 

7. Even if we're not unlocking anything. It'd be fun to have more XP levels added and give rewards. 

Please like this comment if you agree. 
Post edited by Kingd0mKing (US1) on
#Shrinktherubygap

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,811AU1
    1 second I got something very easy

1. stop sharing passwords & buying accounts, build your own one & have a good password.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Also, I was just reading another forum thread on this..

11. Get rid of the popups, find another method to find "botters" that doesn't directly annoy and get in the way of all players. 
    #Shrinktherubygap
    Your first sentence does not make any sense to me. It's pointing me in several different directions. Please rephrase it. 

A lot of people have these things happen anyway. Like you have said before. Nothing is hack proof. GGE is being naïve by believing these things don't happen to "by-the-book" players. TBH I don't think the people who bought their accts are the people that should be banned. I know many talented players who have taken advantage of a bored player by buying their account and have been amazing 2nd owners. A lot of these examples exist in your alliance on the AUS1 server @""Herveus (AU1)" .

I do however think the players that use advanced macro scripts otherwise known as "Bots" are the people that really should be banned. 
    My first sentence was referencing your original thread title.

I do believe they should be banned no matter where the play, I know some exist in my alliance but I have come to the realization that every alliance has at least 1 acc like that so I decided to at least have fun while playing with them buf if they get banned won't be mad about it, they fully know the risk they are taking, I believe any player that breakes the tos repeatidly ( as insulting someone once can happen when you are like drunk etc. or logging into someone elses account once is only a temporary ban but not instantly permanent ban ) but so that'd also mean people who got handed down accs yes they should be permantly banned, if they are such talented players it should be no problem for them to build the own accs, as that is part of what it takes to be a good player, if they can't do that they are not good players.

Now to your other points.

1. Include an optional 2 step verification feature.

Sure why not.

2. Require email verification for surrendering an outpost. For most players this is a big enough deal. 

A good idea since surrendering an outpost does not happen often anyways, while this does indirectly help password sharing, I think it should still be implemented for people who do it while they are really angry or drunk etc.

3. Allow more methods of securing our accounts. For a lot of people these accounts are an investment of thousands of hours of hard work and thousands of dollars. 

Good idea (see 1 for example)

4. Allow us to report bugs and offensive chat/PMs easier. 

I think a system for reporting offensive chat/pm to be reported easier could be implemented but I am not sure if they could handle the workload of the added bug reports.

5. Give in-game currency (Rubies) in exchange for reporting bugs. This only makes sense. 

Doesn't have to be rubies but some incentive to make it more attractive to report bugs should exist.

6. Give rewards for top positions in loot. I know nobody's telling us to actually get top positions, but I think it's fun to try and that it should be rewarded. 

Should be done once the whole botting thing at least dies down more atm on aus1 for example every week at least 6 of the 10 people that finish top 10 in loot use a advanced macro or python script or bot etc.

7. Even if we're not unlocking anything. It'd be fun to have more XP levels added and give rewards.  

Sure why not does no harm.

8. Get rid of the level 30 alternate accts that toolburn for fun. Toolburning is a super useful tool for war. But we should only allow level 70s to attack other level 70s to help aid this issue. It won't completely remove it but it'll make it harder for someone to make alt accounts and use them to create a force that can't be retaliated to. 

Easiest solution is just to make it impossible to attack down and up outside of your level group (also add ll-level level groups then) so then it ensures that you only do pvp with players who at least in theory are on your level, yes it means you cannot attack down or up anymore but it also solves the low level accounts capturing op's issues, also means op's can no longer be handed down however this makes reaching level 70 more rewarding again as well as then you can get good outposts and yes it is possible to play with self-built or worse capped op's pre 70.

9. Allow level 70s to run off captures on outposts by pre-level 70 players without losing honor. 

See 8.

10. Allow "Perma Banned" player's assets to be redistributed. Outposts mainly and honor. I am tired of going through the honor list to find many players who were caught botting, multi accounting or buying rubies they weren't planning on paying for with 3,000 honor, such a waste. Maybe change the bird to 1 week. This way they have time to work it out with support without their accounts being ruined if it is a legitimate mistake. 

No as the point of them having that bird is so they cannot just restart and cap their own op's back or take over another account and cap their op's back, I'd say give them 1-2 months to sort it out after that account dissapears and op's are surrendered automatically.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Kingd0mKing (US1)Kingd0mKing (US1) Posts: 104US1
    edited 19.07.2019
    12. Bring back the 85% equipment sale. It has not been around for weeks and I fear that it is GGE's way of "Balancing" the virtual economy due to the decreased prices of equipment in the shop. 

Very well said Herveus. I especially agree with your responses to questions 2, 8 and 10. 
    #Shrinktherubygap
  • Lady Nym (US1)Lady Nym (US1) Posts: 387US1
    9. Allow level 70s to run off captures on outposts by pre-level 70 players without losing honor. 
    I might be mistaken, but as far as i know you don't lose honor (even if shows that you will in the little window) when knocking caps off.
    Only time you lose honor is if you hit lower levels or lose in defense.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
  • Asmodeus (NL1)Asmodeus (NL1) Posts: 141NL1
    They actually gave us rubies a while ago for reporting bugs, the first 3 people who showed a video of the bug in action got 50k rubies.
    I was one of them.
    I had a video of spy reports going missing after 2 seconds.

more promotions like this could be good for the game to fix problems faster, it surely was a missed oppertunity when we had to deal with the food production bug.

Current might without top 100 titles and 10k negatives.
    You can contact me on discord @Asmodeus#4120 for help in game.
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 765US1

Last I checked, you don't lose honor for knocking op caps. Even from a lvl 13

Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) Posts: 247US1
    edited 20.07.2019

Last time I checked the three top players both on total might point and on weekly looting received a bonus. This is for the three in every classification, lvl 1-20, 21 to 30 etc and level 70.   I never worried about it because while I do get 10-20 million in loot per week I am no where near the top for level 70 players.  

Admitting that things  might have changed but if so they left the color bars alone.

Seeing you are on the US1 server you might send a politely worded mail to Morentz, Negan or any powerhouse and ask.

kookiekooks @ usa 1

Last time I checked the three top players both on total might point and on weekly looting received a bonus. This is for the three in every classification, lvl 1-20, 21 to 30 etc and level 70.   I never worried about it because while I do get 10-20 million in loot per week I am now where near the top for level 70 players.  

Admitting that things  might have changed but if so they left the color bars alone.
    only top players in honour get a reward and that reward is a joke I finish top 10 in loot every week and top 3 most weeks, no reward

• John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) Posts: 131INT1
    I know pretty sure both of you lie, Herveus and Storm. But it has been gg policy not care, so .....

This have suggested before but why not alliance could set up your defense while you gone? Solve almost every need password sharing.

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
    I know pretty sure both of you lie, Herveus and Storm. But it has been gg policy not care, so .....

This have suggested before but why not alliance could set up your defense while you gone? Solve almost every need password sharing.
    which would even further imbalance it and also remove the need to need to be good at defending oneself so no thank you

which would even further imbalance it and also remove the need to need to be good at defending oneself so no thank you
    Is this much worst that you or your friend know password and go set def correct? You know this happens, you cannot lie to me about it.

Oh, and did I do pw sharing? Guilty! Hang me on next tree.

Is this much worst that you or your friend know password and go set def correct? You know this happens, you cannot lie to me about it.
    I know that it happens I have never done it and do not plan to if you are incapable of or forgott to set your deffence correctly then the attacker deservers that victory, why should he not.

• JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 765US1
    just because it happens does not make it acceptable.
    Allowing alliancemates to set your defense also opens up the opportunity for spies and planted alts to mess around with the defenses of offline players.

Anyway while youre at it might as well allow alliancemates to play their buddies accounts. Ffs what you suggested is the "Call the bug a feature" solution !!
    It'd be implementing a totally within the tos way of account-sharing without actually sharing accounts.
    Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
  • Asmodeus (NL1)Asmodeus (NL1) Posts: 141NL1
    I would be fine with a system that lets me tick a box so certain players have the ability to set the tools on my wall with the tools located in my castle.
    this means no one has to acces your account, you would still need to have a good cast selected and send out the attackers yourself before you go offline.

Current might without top 100 titles and 10k negatives.
    You can contact me on discord @Asmodeus#4120 for help in game.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,718INT3
    I would be fine with a system that lets me tick a box so certain players have the ability to set the tools on my wall with the tools located in my castle.
    this means no one has to acces your account, you would still need to have a good cast selected and send out the attackers yourself before you go offline.
    Sure, until one of those "certain players" took all your tools down and set the Defenders to 100% Range...….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 703Community Manager
    Oh, and did I do pw sharing? Guilty! Hang me on next tree.
    Please don't do this. We have a huge volume of cases of stolen accounts all due to password sharing. Once you give out your password it is no longer under your control and could be shared with anyone. We really can't help you in cases like this.
  • Lol at the irony of OP saying bought accounts shouldn't be banned, while posting on an account he/she bought.
Sign In to comment.