We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Survey results

Recently everyone got a survey asking them what changes they would like to be made to outer realms and what version of this event everyone prefered.
Is it possible to share these results, I think the community would like to know if their voice is being heard in this.
I mainly want to know the percentages of players who voted for each option in the survey.

Becuase what's the point in spending 30 minutes in a survey if the devs are not going to look at the results at all.

-John

Current might without top 100 titles and 10k negatives.
You can contact me on discord @Asmodeus#4120 for help in game.

Comments

• Rusev (US1)Rusev (US1) Posts: 48US1
    Look at the feedback threads... your voice goes unheard more often than not.  Rare instances of reversing efforts the players want versus want the Goodgame staff wants.  I'd suggest not wasting your time on those.  They will do what they want regardless of what the consumer wants.  I mean, just look at this "we'll tell you the events the day they happen" announcement.  Nobody wants that and yet they have the  shills trying to force the players to accept it. I admire your faith in a company that continues to fail it's rapidly declining user base.
    THE Misc.

Rusev @ usa 1
  • Asmodeus (NL1)Asmodeus (NL1) Posts: 141NL1
    I doubt it's what Goodgame staffs want, I believe it's a case of share holders milking the last penny out of this game.
    And survey results could confirm or deny this, for instance, if the survey shows that the majority of the community voted for X but GGS gave us Y because that makes them more money, that would confirm that share holders their demand for money goes above anything the community wants.

Now as we know from other game devs like EA, this is almost allways the case.
    And for this reason I doubt ggs will ever release any of the survey results, but it's still worth a try.
    In my opinion, not sharing the results takes away the entire point, if we can't be sure that our surveys get used.
    And because of that I think you can say with certainty, that the results don't get used unless we pick the option that makes them the most money.

Now I would love Crom to prove me wrong here.

• Dumb Cat (US1)Dumb Cat (US1) Posts: 548US1
    I doubt it's what Goodgame staffs want, I believe it's a case of share holders milking the last penny out of this game.
    And survey results could confirm or deny this, for instance, if the survey shows that the majority of the community voted for X but GGS gave us Y because that makes them more money, that would confirm that share holders their demand for money goes above anything the community wants.

Now as we know from other game devs like EA, this is almost allways the case.
    And for this reason I doubt ggs will ever release any of the survey results, but it's still worth a try.
    In my opinion, not sharing the results takes away the entire point, if we can't be sure that our surveys get used.
    And because of that I think you can say with certainty, that the results don't get used unless we pick the option that makes them the most money.

Now I would love Crom to prove me wrong here.

And how is boycotts of the ruby shop making them more money?  

looking at you GGE

• Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,941ASIA1
    Tbh that survey was kinda fake ... like those you get once in a month... its like spam mail, pls add a option to block them ggs....

] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

@""Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)"
    I was mainly talking about the one we got about outers, in which we could say what version we liked the most and what level we want to start at.

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 817Community Manager
    The survey has been given to the Game Team as part of their usual feedback cycle. They take the results there and compare it to what they see as behaviours in the game and then decide which route to take with future developments. So what we receive on the survey is only part of what informs the decisions for development, albeit an important part.

Having said that here are some results:
    • 80% of respondents say the enjoy the Outer Realms
    • Heritage Hunter was the most popular scoring method
    • Starting at level 11 was the most popular choice
    • Global effects were liked by the majority of players
    • Adding something new was the most popular future development for the Outer Realms
    @Philt123 (GB1) the survey was written fairly in my eyes and I have some good experience in the matter. It was not taken from just the forum but from all players in the game. So while here we only have a select audience who tend to speak with one predominant opinion on things  we instead took a hefty sample of all of our players and got a more significant and balanced opinion on the Outer Realms. You might not agree with the results but they are what they are.
    Is it possible for you to share a screenshot of the results so we can see with our own eyes what everyone voted for and what the exact options were?
    Because to me it seems like there is a problem with outer realms, the player limit is 120k ish, this never gets reached and 9/10 players in outers get their points off farming players who went to outers but don't play.

and players are using vpn's to get rubies twice as cheap in outers, giving thema huge advantage over players who don't, and an even bigger advantage than players who don't spend at all.

The reason I would like a screenshot of the results is because I have a hard time believing that everyone voted for the most pay to win option whilest the majority of the players in outer realms are inactive due to not liking the system.
    And last time I voted for something I voted for something I voted for the option that seemed fair.
    I would guess everyone does this, and since the inactives who apperiently don't like the event are in the majority I would expect that a survey would change things in favour of those players.

• bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 651NL1
    The survey in my eyes is no more than a soother
    Look how GGS cares about your opinion, again another survey.
    The outer realms stink as you only can earn rubies from events and quests and get them payed out when you have spend rubies in advance. No reason to play active. So yes I go there to get at least something from it and let the whales rob the heritage. Its ridiculous that a level 70 can attack a level 11 and the level 11 can never hit back, not even to only kill his troops. So when you have deep enough pockets to buy 8k defenders and enough food to feed them during the event you just go farm around for heritage, what a great event. GGS can as well put the build and upgrade token in the shop and skip the entire Outer Realms, the effect will be the same.

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,845INT3
    @Philt123 (GB1) the survey was written fairly in my eyes and I have some good experience in the matter. It was not taken from just the forum but from all players in the game. So while here we only have a select audience who tend to speak with one predominant opinion on things  we instead took a hefty sample of all of our players and got a more significant and balanced opinion on the Outer Realms. You might not agree with the results but they are what they are.
    The main problem I had with the survey was the question that said "mark all that apply".  I was only able to mark ONE answer.  If I tried to select another one, it would remove the first mark.  

It MIGHT help to re-post the questions from the survey.  This will help to eliminate the hyperbole that comes from anecdotal recollections.  

I really need to stop using those $4 words, Mr. Bunny...….. 
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 667US1
    Me, I liked the ever changing scoring of the early Outers.  Meant you had to change and adapt strategy.  Not the same thing over and over and over. 

As it stands the OR has some serious faults.
    1)Heritage rules:
    a)It a downward farming event. 
    b)No penalties for a player with 500k heritage hitting one with 25k.  The heritage gained is a drop in the bucket for the 500ker, and in all probability the 25ker won't have a chance in hell of defending or being able to do a retal.
    2)Overall flaws:
    a)equipment costs too much in terms of rb attacks for the coin players.  The original 30k for the North set was about right.  The loophole fix broke this balance.
    b)Point collection time/methodology highly favors the servers on or near CEST.  For American based servers the points are taken during or shortly after the workday ends.  For the Australian and Asian servers the points are collected in the early morning.  Neither time is good for collecting and keeping heritage points for point collecting.  A solution to this would be to collect points 4 or 5 times a day and averaging the total for the daily score, or to just collect points every 19hrs, so the point collecting time moves around the clock throughout the event.  This is probably the primary reason that there are so few American(North and South), Australian and Asian server participants who place top 10k or better.
  • cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 268GB1
    @Crom Cruach

Interesting results. If I surveyed our alliance then I can tell you that 80% would vote no on the outer realms and the only reason for playing them is construction and upgrade tokens.  It is a pay to win event in almost every format it has taken place in and those of us not enjoying it are still spending in order to progress our actual account. 

I also would like to see a list of the questions again as my recollection is similar to Philt123's in that I believe it was a push poll. There was certainly nothing to rate the level of importance therefore you have no way of knowing how important it is to people. 

I would be very interested in seeing the year on year, month on month trends for the answer on the player server "how likely are you to recommend this to a friend" as something tells me that would not make for enjoyable GGS reading.  My answer is always never. As I will never recommend this game whilst you continue to ignore and undervalue ALL your players. 
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • @Crom Cruach I for one was not able to access the survey as was only visible on the html5 version - and i still use flash cos html is a crock of s**t on my p/c - i can run facebook and loads of other webpages but not GGS's version of html

- Having said that I actually liked the original outer realms as you had to think to create strategies to gain ranking ! - the later versions are just buy to win !

I would also add that i only enter it at present as with a little work you can gain the construction and upgrade tokens !

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,832AU1

Most people who don't enjoy outer realms don't actively play it and didn't take the survey so it is a meaningless survey anyways

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,845INT3

Most people who don't enjoy outer realms don't actively play it and didn't take the survey so it is a meaningless survey anyways

This is the flaw in surveys.  Those who don't think their answers matter, don't take it.  Those who think the Game is rigged, don't take it.  Those who are playing on a server that they do not understand the language, don't take it.  

The Stat that I would like to know, is what was the percentage of active players (logged in at least within the last week) who responded to the survey...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

The Stat that I would like to know, is what was the percentage of active players (logged in at least within the last week) who responded to the survey...…...
    100% as the link to the survey was only provided in-game. You had to log in to access it.
    That´s not what Wasso means..
    If he meant that you just told him 100% off the playersd who played your game have answered the survey.

I think he wants to know what % of the playerbase actually did the survey that week

• bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 651NL1
    how many that took the survey have logged in?, 100% no doubt

how many that have logged in took the survey?, 5% ???????, 6% even maybe????
    Well @Wasso (INT3) you have been summoned to provide clarification to your question. The answer to what you wrote was 100%. Maybe that's not what you meant though?
Sign In to comment.