We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Upcoming Events?

Comments

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,095INT1
    Me three 

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Stupidity is one of the arts that GGE realy excels at....

Now we realy are in the dark... But ok like several other says here, they just don't want my rubi buys anymore.
  • randomnomnom (GB1)randomnomnom (GB1) Posts: 9GB1
    edited 01.07.2019
    I think we should stop "hitting keyboard's buttons" because nobody cares.
    There is no such thing like - "First ask then do". No matter how long and how ofter we will write here, there will always be -  " We did this, is it ok ?"
    Usually answered with- "No, it's not ok" 
    Followed by- "I'll pass on your feedback"
    And then GGE never bothers to respond.

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 697US1
    I've said it before, I'll say it again.  GGE is not a game, it's a psychological study.  GGS must be getting paid some big bucks by somebody to do a psychological study using Empire as the vehicle to do the study.  I figure the study must be on how abusive you can be, and still have the abused pay you money to play a f2p game or something along those lines.  It has to be, because there is no other way a company could make the decisions they are so consistently, as even total morons get it right once in a while.
  • They ever going to fix the NPC stats on the relic castellans so they count when taunting the Khan?
  • I've said it before, I'll say it again.  GGE is not a game, it's a psychological study.  GGS must be getting paid some big bucks by somebody to do a psychological study using Empire as the vehicle to do the study.  I figure the study must be on how abusive you can be, and still have the abused pay you money to play a f2p game or something along those lines.  It has to be, because there is no other way a company could make the decisions they are so consistently, as even total morons get it right once in a while.
    LOL it's a front for the CIA. That would explain a lot ha ha ha
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 697US1
    Crom had said at the outset of the latest Kingdom League when we noticed it was only two weeks, that there would a change at the end that we all would like.  I sure hope for Crom's sake that this isn't it.  If it is, then Crom hit the GGS Kool-Aide way too hard.

@Crom Cruach at this point I'm assuming you're an unpaid intern since you only seem to be on the forums on Monday and Tuesday.  I'm guessing 6 weeks before you just sort of vanish from the forums due to school or just quitting.
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 315GB1
    edited 01.07.2019
    Looks like the announcement is that they won't do event schedules any more.... that the "improvement" is we won't know what an event is going to be until it happens :(

A strategy browser game ???? a slight mislabeling methinks

Well they were good while they lasted...... thanks to those who invested in a player base by doing them....

Maybe there is a big change coming and they want to surprise us ...i guess the well cultivated antipathy of the last few years has made us rather negative to that possibility of success.....
  • What a bunch of baffoons GGE is.
  • bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) Posts: 664AU1

real recent and clear info about 2017~2018 and what info you can find there?
    not even worth to bookmark
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,916INT3
    WHEN EXACTLY are these announcement going to be made?  When the event starts?  At Midnight CEST?  Midnight of the Server? 

Seriously, what IS the point of announcing "Ta-da!  Nomads is starting now!" when we can just look at the stupid little camps scattered about?   WORSE YET is announcing it HERE!  "Hear ye!  Hear ye! - Over there in the game we are now starting BloodCrows!"   Oh?  Really?  I guess I better log out of the Forum and log into the Game.  I really WISH someone would invent a way to have two different things on my screen at the same time.  Kind of like a "Window" you could open and close to look at the different things.  (Yes I know Apple had it first)

Just STOP and THINK on this one.  I know you are admitting in the announcement that your "forecasters" were getting it wrong too often.  But, that wasn't the fault of the forecast.  What you were putting out WAS what you were SUPPOSED to be putting on!  That you had issue/bugs/crashes/lag/freeze/etc/etc/etc is NOT the fault of the forecast.  You were NOT forecasting the weather.  (They are actually far more accurate then you have been)  You were simply setting out the SCHEDULE of events.  All you had to do, was have the events working, and in order.  But, that was the problem wasn't it?  You couldn't keep them working consistently enough for a *GASP* 30 day schedule.  

My activity on my Event Server has just taken ANOTHER major hit.  To think, I was just going to sit out a couple rounds to get my mantlets built back up to 10k or so.  Now, I just wonder what is the point?

Good news INT3!  I will be spending even MORE time with you!!!!  At least we don't have to worry about the event schedule in there...…….

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

I wonder if Trump could be involved.
    Man i afraid your not going to know either. just on a daily basis , but i am guessing an event will start before we are told
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Man i afraid your not going to know either. just on a daily basis , but i am guessing an event will start before we are told
    Ohhh ok.... I just wanted to know to maybe plan a head but O.K :D
    edited 02.07.2019
    Sorry no more planning , just a hope ,on a wing and a prayer. but it will be a money saver
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 269GB1
    I can understand that this is quite a change and might take some getting used to. We will however ensure that on the day you will know about the events.
    There is no point to telling me it on the day. You cannot plan around events or gear your troops to it, or plan RL events etc. 

On the day - well a look inside my castle will tell me that so why bother announcing it???

This is not a change that I want to get used to. This is because GGS can't plan and does not want to be constrained to a published schedule.
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
    And what is cruach announcing now to be next event?
    I think I go play outside and come back tomorrow
  • cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 269GB1
    @B0RAT (LT1) What I can do is inform the team here about peoples displeasure about the change. However I would say that maybe we can at least try it this way before judging its merits and failures.
    @Crom Cruach

We have tried it this way. This is how it was before the development of monthly schedules was implemented.

We know what it's like, it's not like we all started playing last week. 

This is a terrible decision in a row of terrible decisions
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • SystemSystem Posts: 29,550
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Discussion Thread: Roadmap for Q2.
Sign In to comment.