Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Fixing the Game and the Welfare of Players

SuperPIEman88 (US1)SuperPIEman88 (US1) US1 Posts: 115
edited 27.06.2019 in General Discussion
         Over the last several months Goodgame Studios had implemented many new features that are of little benefit to players while leaving game-changing bugs unattended. GGS has even removed features players enjoyed such as the wishing well. (Which remains in the game only to taunt us, with no actual use as of right now) While they may believe new Ruby features are lining their pockets, they are in reality setting up servers to fail and the game to end. Players are quitting, and GGS is losing money in the long run. This lack of attention to the welfare of the player base is unacceptable, and it is time for a change. We should not need to protest to make the game run smoothly, we should not have to protest to have bugs fixed, we should not have to protest to play the game.

•         Fix Food Production - Every night the food we are producing changes. Troops starve, and everything is messed up. FOOD PRODUCTION IS WHAT THIS GAME IS BUILT AROUND, ITS BEEN MONTHS AND THEY HAVENT FIXED IT.

•         Stop the power creep - Every new item introduced is worthless a few weeks later. Why purchase something you know will be unusable in a short amount of time? When a new ruby feature came every few years making the old one weaker, that was okay. Now it is too frequent by far and purchased features are worthless almost immediately after purchase. You don't even get to play with them before they are gone.

•         Fix rewards - The rewards for events such as Battle for Berimond, Foreigners, Blood crows, Nomads, Samurai, Khan, Seasonal, Underworld, Thorn King, Blade Coast, and Alliance tournaments are extremely outdated due to the power creep mentioned above and it is a waste of players time to acquire them, and for many, it is downright impossible to boot.

•         Fix Foreign Invaders/Bloodcrows - The event is now unplayable due to minuscule castles that we have the option to pay to upgrade. Even when we pay they are still 1/4th the power they were before. 

- Pieman US1

Demanding that GGS fix these four issues:

Foreigners, Food Production, Event Prizes, and Power Creep.

Post edited by Temprance on
Pieman US1

Comments

• KaosB (US1)KaosB (US1) US1 Posts: 2

Here here. I'm in!

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    edited 27.06.2019
    So, how long before he gets banned for violating the ToS?

I doubt I will see this thread in the morning...…….

Edit: for those who think I made this up.  NOT the ToS of the Game, but the "Guidelines" of the Forum...…..

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/357913/community-guidelines 

9. Calling for Boycott
    A. Introduction
    I. It is not allowed to call for a boycott of one of our games, purchases or the company itself direct or indirect.
    B. Explanation on penalty points
    I. 0 point warning = For mentioning to stop purchasing premium currency without the intention to get people into joining him.
    II. 2 point warning = For indirectly calling for a boycott of one of the games, purchases or the company itself.
    III. 3 point warning = For directly calling for a boycott of one of the games, purchases or the company itself.
    Post edited by Wasso (INT3) on
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• I think it says something that GGS needed to create that rule.
    Pieman US1
  • Mavarick (US1)Mavarick (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    The game has become ess and les interesting to play.

I don't worry about boycotting buying ruby  since I have NEVER bought them and dont intend to.
    The game can be played without buying rubys so just don't unless you want to line the pockets of GGS with your hard earned dollars.

FYI .. if i get banned for my comments than GGS will be doing me a favor.

I live in the USA where freedom of speech is a right .. not a privilege so speak I will !!!
  • TempranceTemprance Posts: 858
    As a reminder, @Wasso (INT3) is correct. Inciting boycotts on the forum is against the Community Guidelines. We are more than welcome to hear opinions, criticisms, and suggested, but attempting to start a boycott will not be tolerated.

@SuperPIEman88 (US1), I will forward all of your suggestions on our weekly feedback form.

Temprance

Temprance @ usa 1
  • A note - some people have mentioned to me that food was "fixed". I do not track my food closely enough to know if bugs are affecting me however at least two friends of mine have reached out to me and complained they are still having issues. (They do track their food)

Pieman US1
  • Brian888 (US1)Brian888 (US1) US1 Posts: 164
    Temprance said:
    As a reminder, @Wasso (INT3) is correct. Inciting boycotts on the forum is against the Community Guidelines. We are more than welcome to hear opinions, criticisms, and suggested, but attempting to start a boycott will not be tolerated.

@SuperPIEman88 (US1), I will forward all of your suggestions on our weekly feedback form.

Temprance
    and that is the only reply u can send
  • bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 664
    production is still not fixed and I advice to follow every change you make in building or construction item level.
    The current formula to calculate production are secret as I am told, so it will be hard to detect a problem.
  • Asmodeus (NL1)Asmodeus (NL1) NL1 Posts: 164
    It's not a secret.

And from my tests, there is nothing wrong with food prod.
    I produce 41.016 food an hour, that's 0.01% off what the formula gives me.

http://prntscr.com/o7veuz (Total production)
    http://prntscr.com/o7vi45 (A close up because of the bad quality)

Productivity * (base production+base food builditem) * workload + standard food item

Current might with atleast 24 hours of food
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,361
    It's not a secret.
    You know nothing John Snow

production is still not fixed and I advice to follow every change you make in building or construction item level.
    The current formula to calculate production are secret as I am told, so it will be hard to detect a problem.
    Bummer we have been through your account as we discussed elsewhere and explained how the calculations work. There are no aberrations in anything on your account.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
    edited 02.07.2019
    You moderators been sleeping till now ???
    You wake up and give us a lemon event without fixing our problems ??
    Is this the circle of GGE ?  
    Fl's/Nnomads/BC that's all it is ??? 
    Attack and repeat ?? nothing to learn ? 
    Will you guys not fix our problems !!!??
    edited 02.07.2019

It's not a secret.
    You know nothing John Snow

wwbummer (NL1) said:
    Bummer we have been through your account as we discussed elsewhere and explained how the calculations work. There are no aberrations in anything on your account.
    I think @JohnSnow(NL1) knows better than you
    He knows nothing
    You guys can find time to warn me but not fix our problems ?
  • Lol, @Crom Cruach, @John Snow (NL1) has proof. What do you have? A bold statement.

edited 02.07.2019
    He knows nothing does John Snow.

Proof positive...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• @Crom Cruach With that grammar the last thing you'll do is disprove a proven statement.

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051

@Crom Cruach With that grammar the last thing you'll do is disprove a proven statement.

acctualy if you read it slowly you'll see jon snow proved that the food production is now calculated correctly

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now

@Crom Cruach With that grammar the last thing you'll do is disprove a proven statement.

acctualy if you read it slowly you'll see jon snow proved that the food production is now calculated correctly
    ...and I believe that @Crom Cruach was TRYING to be funny.  The old "you don't know anything" when Jon was saying  he knows the "secret formula" on how the food production was calculated.

As always "art" is subjective, and the forum is full of philistines...…….

phil·is·tine
    /ˈfiləˌstēn/
    noun
    plural noun: philistines
    1. a person who is hostile or indifferent to culture and the arts, or who has no understanding of them.
      "I am a complete philistine when it comes to paintings"

Good night.
    Sleep well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file