Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Outer Realms Still a C%'#$'%#$k

I see this ongoing e%ercise in completely disgusting pointlessness continues.

Walk in and immediately join the farming p001, attacking people one third of your level to be rewarded for it.

Just to start all over again ne%t month.

Doing this once, it could be blamed on stupidity and lack of forethought. GGS, at this point your Base Morality should seriously be questioned.
neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω

Comments

• I think there should be no ability to purchase rubies in Outer Realm.  It gives an unfair advantage to people with money.  Rubies should be earned not bought it would make everyone play on a level playing field.  I buy rubies in my main server by the way
  • neuterable (US1)neuterable (US1) US1 Posts: 757
    I think there should be no ability to purchase rubies in Outer Realm.
    This is a bridge too far, but balance is an issue. When they do "the gathering events", the level limits are strict, even more strict than normal honor and glory limits. This accounts for the big advantage that Legendary Levels give. The entire game should account for these imbalances.

There is no reason at all that people should be able to hit somebody A Third of Their Level AND be rewarded for it. It isn't sportsmanlike at all.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

• Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    edited 18.06.2019
    Buying being the way to win an event is always a key to being a bad event.

I support buying tools to do more in events, but if there are people directly buying to gain a large advantage, it's plain bad and no longer fun.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

Buying being the way to win an event is always a key to being a bad event.

This is a balance problem, but the problem goes well beyond this. You have people gaining 40 or 50 levels in a few days, that's an issue itself, but then, you have people 50 or 60 levels up, hitting people who just entered and getting Full "Heritage" tokens for it.

There may be people in the world that see honor this way, those people are not good people and nobody should want to play a game with them.

The only reason that players are still going into OR is because its the main way that you can get a fair amount of construction tokens.
    You are correct about this, without it, it would be a completely pointless e%perience.

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    If wishes were fishes....

Being sporting in hits is not the norm in this game unfortunately, and the rules of the OR only encourage non sporting attacks.

Nothing is going to change in the OR until the Euroservers get sporting and ask that the massive advantages their time zones have over the american and pacific basin based servers/player base regarding event start, point collection, and ruby super sales times...  
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    Do we HAVE to do this every time the OR comes to visit?  If you don't like it, don't play it.  It is optional.  As to the "fairness" of it, THIS is what the event splash says:

There are no "Server Rules" in the Outer Realm...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Do we HAVE to do this every time the OR comes to visit?  If you don't like it, don't play it.  It is optional.  As to the "fairness" of it, THIS is what the event splash says:

There are no "Server Rules" in the Outer Realm...…...
    Completely disagree, Outer Realms is the only way to gain a good amount of construction tokens, and they are vital for players in the main kingdom. Avoiding the event is therefore a disadvantage for players. As for no server rules, this does not warn you about the limitless ruby buying which causes players to get farmed out of their minds...
    I don't mins a bit of rule breaking in terms of attacking distance etc, but the farming and attacking players that join instantly... it makes an event unenjoyable and therefore it shouldn't exist.
    Personally, the rank switching idea that was implemented worked out better, as farming was lessened as it didn't give players as much gain. Bring that back imo
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575

I don't mins a bit of rule breaking in terms of attacking distance etc, but the farming and attacking players that join instantly... it makes an event unenjoyable and therefore it shouldn't exist.
    Personally, the rank switching idea that was implemented worked out better, as farming was lessened as it didn't give players as much gain. Bring that back imo
    I DO mind the breaking of distance rules..I get that its a free for all BUT do you need to be hit by anyone close?  there are plenty of easy targets around..
    Shares @ au 1
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232

I DO mind the breaking of distance rules..I get that its a free for all BUT do you need to be hit by anyone close?  there are plenty of easy targets around..
    Anyone actually doing the event, I won't hit close by. I'm not gonna go out of my way to attack someone 30+ away to get 100 points lol. Gotta be worthwhile for long hits.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575

Anyone actually doing the event, I won't hit close by. I'm not gonna go out of my way to attack someone 30+ away to get 100 points lol. Gotta be worthwhile for long hits.
    like your compromise ;-0  thats part of my point too,  Im getting hit close by for points that arent worth it..I try and balance 
    Shares @ au 1
    I stick to 50 min for all attacks on actives except retals just like I do on main server.  I consider all active for the first week, at which point I consider anybody still lvl ll or 12 as inactive and may be farmed regardless of distance.  I state just this in the alliance description of my alliance in the OR.
  • bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 664
    I stick to attack RR and upgrade what I can, takes me 20 minutes a day at most, and honor or heritage my ass, there is no honor in buying 5000k defender  and hit every low level player you can find.
    OR as bad as good games empire, out of balance all over.
    looroll12345 (GB1) said:
    Outer Realms is the only way to gain a good amount of construction tokens, and they are vital for players in the main kingdom. Avoiding the event is therefore a disadvantage for players. 
    This is true.  However, how many tokens do you need to "win" in order to make it a successful trip?  Ending in the 10k - 25k level gives you 120 Construction and 1000 upgrade tokens.  That is enough to build a Greenhouse and upgrade it.  I forget how many it costs to get to Level 20, but that 1000 will get you pretty close.  Now, how much EFFORT does it take to end in the 10k-25k level?  NOT MUCH.  Just pop in for a few hits, keep your total higher than the 25k daily position, and you will EASILY get that.  What is the current Daily Heritage score for rank 25,000?  1,474.  That amount can be acquired in 2 or 3 hits.  If you keep it that low, you are not a big target for those in the high brackets.  

Even the 25k-50k bracket gives you 60 Construction and 800 Upgrade tokens.  Do ALMOST NOTHING, and you can get that.  Do ALMOST NOTHING twice, and you have a Greenhouse.  

If you want MORE, then DO more.  

But, if you expect to compete for the top prizes, then you DO have to buy your way up to it.  This is NOTHING new...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Player X (GB1)Player X (GB1) GB1 Posts: 26
    Wasso, Outer Realms is unspeakably boring. Must we suffer that torture to enjoy the game a bit more afterwards? Seems a bit far-fetched to me.

Please poste similar comments regarding this on the following thread:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/comment/5059263#Comment_5059263

Wasso, Outer Realms is unspeakably boring. Must we suffer that torture to enjoy the game a bit more afterwards? Seems a bit far-fetched to me.

Please poste similar comments regarding this on the following thread:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/comment/5059263#Comment_5059263
    LOL!  This whole game is "unspeakably boring" at times.  Or do you find the grind of sending the same attack to the same maxed Nomad Camp in a 5 - 7 attack train EXCITING?  The only real excitement comes from PvP.  Don't get me wrong, there is ENJOYMENT in accomplishing events, and getting rewards, and improving your level to place higher and higher in events.  But, they call it a GRIND for a reason...…….

Oh, and I posted a link to my comment here in the other thread.  Anyone who wants to read it can.  No need for me to double post...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

There are 3 major problems with the implementation of the OR

1)It's a farm/bully down the food chain event.

2)There is no penalty for hitting the much lower than you in level

3)The cost of equipment is too high in terms of number of robber barons needing to be attacked to earn the coins.  The original 30k for the North Set was about right, and enabled the active non-buyer to at least compete with the casual low ruby amount buying players.  The fix to the loophole of selling it for more than you got broke this.  GGE should have cut the sell price, doubled the coins from the rb, or at the very least doubled the coins when the relentless rb hunting effect is in effect.  Of course GGE did none of this.
  • Player X (GB1)Player X (GB1) GB1 Posts: 26
    Wasso (INT3) said:
    Or do you find the grind of sending the same attack to the same maxed Nomad Camp in a 5 - 7 attack train EXCITING?  The only real excitement comes from PvP.  
    Wasso, awfully sorry to say this but I'm afraid I do enjoy hitting nomads many times, as well as PvP. Once more, I do apologize for enjoying it.
    I'm afraid I'm going to stick to my previous view : Outer Realms is unspeakably boring :smile:

Wasso (INT3) said:
    Or do you find the grind of sending the same attack to the same maxed Nomad Camp in a 5 - 7 attack train EXCITING?  The only real excitement comes from PvP.  
    Wasso, awfully sorry to say this but I'm afraid I do enjoy hitting nomads many times, as well as PvP. Once more, I do apologize for enjoying it.
    I'm afraid I'm going to stick to my previous view : Outer Realms is unspeakably boring :smile:
    LOL!  No worries Mate!  To each his own...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• redled (US1)redled (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    looroll12345 (GB1) said:
    Outer Realms is the only way to gain a good amount of construction tokens, and they are vital for players in the main kingdom. Avoiding the event is therefore a disadvantage for players. 
    This is true.  However, how many tokens do you need to "win" in order to make it a successful trip?  Ending in the 10k - 25k level gives you 120 Construction and 1000 upgrade tokens.  That is enough to build a Greenhouse and upgrade it.  I forget how many it costs to get to Level 20, but that 1000 will get you pretty close.  Now, how much EFFORT does it take to end in the 10k-25k level?  NOT MUCH.  Just pop in for a few hits, keep your total higher than the 25k daily position, and you will EASILY get that.  What is the current Daily Heritage score for rank 25,000?  1,474.  That amount can be acquired in 2 or 3 hits.  If you keep it that low, you are not a big target for those in the high brackets.  

Even the 25k-50k bracket gives you 60 Construction and 800 Upgrade tokens.  Do ALMOST NOTHING, and you can get that.  Do ALMOST NOTHING twice, and you have a Greenhouse.  

If you want MORE, then DO more.  

But, if you expect to compete for the top prizes, then you DO have to buy your way up to it.  This is NOTHING new...…..
    Seems now I am at a extreme disadvantage now that I finally started playing the game again and you need to be top 10000 now instead LMAO rip

Current Member of TNP Family

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file