Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The Fair Play Guild (UK)

What is the fair play guild? Just wondering because The Bemrose HQ  has it in their alliance description. I was wondering if it is just a made-up sort of title because I'm not sure all their members honour the principle of fair-play. We understood their to be a ceasefire on the 31st December but we had 2 attacks on our alliance targeting OPS without defenders which caused heavy losses. Players normally would move attackers out if there was not a cease-fire in place. Appears a little opportunist on the part of some players. 

Tartarus16 @ en 1

Answers

• Zephyrus (GB1)Zephyrus (GB1) GB1 Posts: 159
    Some follow the 'UK server fairplay rules' some dont. Its a war game end of the day, so if some alliances respect other alliances rules, then all rules have to be respected even if alliances dont agree.

End of the day there is no actual rules about how many hit you can do or what you can and cant do. Everyone will make rules to suit themselves. No one is going to hurt you over breaking the 'rules' its only pixels :)

JT

I stand alone, Guess I knew it all along
  • I understand what you are saying that some players can choose to ignore fair-play rules. Just wondered if there was such a thing as the Fair Play Guild or is it an invention just to add to the description to sound nice and attract new members?    
    Tartarus16 @ en 1
    fair play guild is what they call the alliances that follow the fair play rules

• Thank you.
    Tartarus16 @ en 1
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 352
    edited 04.01.2019
    trouble is.... "fairplay" is an artificial construct and is down to individuals and alliance to apply

This code of conduct is one followed by a number of alliances : http://empire-app.co.uk/code-of-conduct.asp but its one of the few thats actually explicit and freely available to all......   that's the value to players of a good community......

Some even make up rules & give them fancy names just so they can accuse others of breaking them!!!!!

Wasn't much of an effort to communicate a GB1 wide Christmas ceasefire this year either, so not surprised if certain alliances did their own thing - even muppets who sent attacks on Christmas day!!

But not everyone wants to join the ceasefire? you cant force diplomacy onto an alliance. End of the day, saying some alliances make up rules and give them fancy names is the exact same thing as the 'fairplay rules'

• UD1 (INT1)UD1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,322
    Fair play rules are myth , perpetuated by wishful thinking, and the hope that it would be real, but the reality is the game is full of assholes , who think the can do whatever they want, and in reality they can , if they have enough money to throw at it, but i wonder when they stop playing do they ever think of what they wasted here
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 352
    I'd agree with BigT... Alliances can agree whatever they want (and call it whatever they want) between friends they trust, but in terms of a whole server.... its the law of the jungle and the only rules that apply are the ones coded into the game.

The real issue is the double standards where you'll get some alliances argue fairplay all the time to keep small alliances out of their business and then the minute they actual decide it doesn't suit them they'll just go "its a War... nothing applies.." and the wolves are in the sheep pen because the shepherd fell asleep thinking the wolves would keep their promises :)

So whether they call it a "guild" to impress/imply or there is actually some friends who'd take some collective action.... not a clue
  • OLANZA (GB1)OLANZA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 33
    GGE aren't interested in fair play , otherwise things like metropolises, royal towers and capitals would be limited to one of each per alliance not held by the top alliances only
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    GGE aren't interested in fair play , otherwise things like metropolises, royal towers and capitals would be limited to one of each per alliance not held by the top alliances only
    Kind of.  The Centers of Command are designed to be fought over.  That was part of the original design of the game.  They SHOULD be held by the Top Alliances and Top Players.  That is what the Original Goal was.  Now, they are very outdated and not worth much, other than bragging rights.

As for GGS' "interest in fair play", to them that means: Everyone has the same ability to buy Rubies!!!    Even if the prices vary country to county and can be exploited...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file