We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

June Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• hamsters1 (GB1)hamsters1 (GB1) Posts: 222GB1
    I thought this update was meh, then looked at the "Rewards" for the LTPE. What a joke. Literally a ripoff. Suck a fat one GGE.
    nah its actually good, look at all those good prizes, who needs shields, moat tools, and all the other crap stuff ?
    I mean, in this game, we only need commanders and decoratives..
    Okay! Byt where is that blacksmid then?! No new tent outside my castle so nog way of checking what this "new" tokens can bring for prices. Maybe a shitty comm/castellan? I don't need just another Scar commander! :-D
    It made a breif appearence then slunk off in embarrassment in the hopes noone would realise how rubbish it was.
    hamsters1 @ en 1
  • GGE sure knows how to make a mess of updates and events.  I have more trust in a room full of monkeys with typewriters coming up with a good book then GGE doing anything right.
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) Posts: 195GB1
    Please GGS, can you not, just for once, bring out an update that didnt result in further shutdowns to repair the glitches that the unpdate installed?  

You know I am sure your loyal (but diminishing) customer-base would agree across the board that they would rather see a short term hiatus in the roll out of updates whilst all the existing bugs and issues were fixed, if they knew that meant the whole game running more smoothly and bug-free before any more code was added.

Surely adding more code to already-bug-ridden code only results in the bugs and glitches becoming more deeply embedded in the fabric of the game and therefore harder to fix?  It's hard to imagine how any programmer can take pride in releasing poorly constructed work to be seen by millions of people across the platforms.  And what sort of company can honestly take pride in knowing that every one of their customers has come to expect each and every update will install at least as many bugs as it does new features?  Because that is where we stand at the moment.

Whilst it's true to say that you cannot disappoint a pessimist, it's hardly a very positive mission statement is it?

This is (or should be) a great game - as I am sure your devotees on your other games feel about their respective game of choice - we still live in hope that you will at some point see the value in halting the one step forward two steps back progress and focus on fixing what is wrong and making the game(s) great again.

We love our game(s) - so if we sound aggrieved in our comments its because we genuinely care and are, mostly, in our own way, trying to offer constructive comments and suggestions.

Please listen to us - we are the hand that feeds you; don't keep biting us.
    Osiris @ en 1
  • damnnn these rewards suck ass i feel bad for the non ruby players..yikes
  • hamsters1 (GB1)hamsters1 (GB1) Posts: 222GB1
    I really think GGS are taking the piss with the changes to the LTPE, personally it might even be the final straw for me as to whether I pack up the game entirely.
    hamsters1 @ en 1
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) Posts: 46AU1
    I can only agree with the above comments there is nothing in the blacksmith shop therefore no incentive at all to complete the LTPE. 
  • blacksmith is a "Up Yours" to every non ruby buyer.  If we need equipment, most do not need a full set but the pieces missing.  But no you have to get the whole set at stupid token costs.  No tools, to horse feathers, everything token expensive.  For the non buyers the few building items are ok but it offers nada that the ruby buyers can purchase with money.  I don't mind working hard to get something but not if its not equal.  Great job GGE for letting folks down again.  At least the old apprentence allowed you to buy missing pieces of sets.  But this pure horse manure.  No reason to work hard for it at all.
  • cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 257GB1
    The LTPE rework is utterly useless. 

You said people would have the option to get what they want but you have not included troops or tools etc.  The coms and casts included are inflated so last LTPE I completed it twice and got 2 level 5 Phoenix coms and all the additional rewards. Now if I complete it twice, I can get 1 level 5 phoenix com and nothing else. As a ruby player I will not miss the ruby tools BUT non ruby players will and if they continue quitting then I will certainly miss them. 

This rework seems like a money grab to force non Ruby players into buying ruby tools with bought rubies. 

This update is poor but we have come to expect no less.  It should be a companies aim to exceed expectations, GGE manages to achieve this but only because our expectations are that every update will make life worse not better and be a barely veiled money grab. So yes GGS, you have exceeded my expectations with this update. 
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • While I kinda like the idea of that shop coming back I do NOT need the entire set so its pointless. You gave us extra storage only to be filled up with the coin eating relic items. Without the big tool wins that these monthly events have you just upset your player base even more. Bad move...
    Lady Twilight @ usa 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 596US1
    edited 07.06.2019
    The LTPE update is absolute total garbage, no other way to put it and still be civil.  The cost of the phoenix set alone has more than doubled in terms of hits needed to get it.  On top of that, all the other rewards one could earn along the way are gone.  The spacing/location the booster rewards are a joke.  All in all, just more proof that nobody at GGE actually plays the game(playing on an unlimited give myself everything I could possibly want account is not playing the game).

In fact the last two updates were total garbage.  The only decent things in the June update is the possilbe fixing of two colossal errors in the May update:  The messages(seems fixed), and the food production, but I'm still not convinced that is completely right - at the very least it's very slow updating production to reflect any changes I as the player may make.

Added on Edit:  On the bright side of the LTPE update is the fact that it has simplified the game(Now something you can safely totally ignore without worrying that you're missing something important).
    Post edited by bernhardt (US1) on
  • Howling73 (US1)Howling73 (US1) Posts: 29US1
    edited 07.06.2019
    I was anticipating seeing individual equipment items from past comms/casts available in the shop, allowing players who may be short one or two items to complete previous sets they weren't able to at the time.  But instead it's just complete set packages, with other over-priced items, and the decent stuff will either take 2 events to obtain, or I have to plan on solely focusing on gge for the next month to get through the 2nd set of reward tokens.

Looks like this change was less about "allowing players to choose their own rewards", and more about making them pay for items that used to be earned throughout the event.

Silver lining though, less reward troops = less to feed = less time having to play....which is exactly the direction this game continues to go.
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,630GB1
    Why do the developers always have to go out and break things. It's like opening up a piece of electronics, thinking you can make it better but you only end up breaking the entire thing. 

LTPE is trash. 
    Out of 1300 points you can win 10.000 of those blacksmith tokens. That's enough for 1 mediocre commander. 

Those people saying the LTPE rewards are better now must be blindfolded. The rewards haven't received an upgrade but instead they got nerfed with this new update. In old LTPE 1300 points was enough for 1 commander and you got tons of tools, troops + a few decorations as a little extra along with it. Now you only get the commander. How is that an upgrade? Tell me. 

I see they added Apprentice summoner and Shapeshifter castellan to blacksmith. Sure, that's something, those two are great equipment sets. But they costs twice as much tokens as the mediocre commanders and you can already get them from the shapeshifter event. Still nice, but is that everything? Two commanders with some value to them?

Only great thing is that they added food build items, this is great for the people who have had enough of all these commanders. But still, all you get here is 1 or 2 food build items or a commander depending on what you want. 

Yes, tools, troops, decorations etc... may not have any amazing value to them. But that is not the point, my point with this is that they downgraded the reward, meaning you'll now receive less items for the same amount of points than what you used to. 

They should have keept it as it was but just replaced all equipment rewards with blacksmith tokens. 
    Replacing all rewards with just blacksmith tokens isn't just a horrible idea but it also looks completely ridiculous. Why do we need 3 pages of blacksmith tokens? 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,676INT3
    In a nutshell: The LTPE change has SERIOUSLY killed motivation to grind...….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,068INT1
    my problem with it you have to the event twice to get 1 set of equipment and no tools 

the other way you got  2 sets of equipment and a butt load of tools and gifts

the maths are wrong
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) Posts: 198US1
    Hey nice sale event... aka I didn't buy anything cause it's all worthless or I can't afford it.

Who wants to spend over 50k rubies on a castellan look item that does nothing or hundreds of thousands of rubies on look build items?

And I'd really really love that level 16 food production item but sadly I don't spend $10000000 a day on this game. I guess all the ruby players jumped on that and just increased the ruby-nonruby gap.

I've half a mind to quit. Snake is better than GGE now.
    Proud member of Heavens Army on US1!
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,614GB1
    agreed it offers nothign to anyone, ruby players will already have and probably have previously deleted all the equipment on offer.  

The casual infrequent player used to be able to get a decent about of troops and tools / gems / decos etc from the event.

And the active non ruby player will now find it significantly more difficult not having a decent supply of troops and tools to keep them going, and it will now take them twice as much time and effort to gain anything worthwhile.

Way to go,  gge,  a fantastic effort, you managed take an event that offered at least somethign to everyone, and now offer practically nothing to anyone.

That takes quite a bit of thought and planning, to get it quite that wrong.   

Or to be more accurate, I guess you totally planned to take away the things we need to play the game, to try and force players into spending real cash, let me know how that goes for you.....   As I suspect those that already want to spend on the game  do already and those that dont will simply leave the game if it becomes impossible to play without real spend.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • agreed it offers nothign to anyone, ruby players will already have and probably have previously deleted all the equipment on offer.  

The casual infrequent player used to be able to get a decent about of troops and tools / gems / decos etc from the event.

And the active non ruby player will now find it significantly more difficult not having a decent supply of troops and tools to keep them going, and it will now take them twice as much time and effort to gain anything worthwhile.

Way to go,  gge,  a fantastic effort, you managed take an event that offered at least somethign to everyone, and now offer practically nothing to anyone.

That takes quite a bit of thought and planning, to get it quite that wrong.   

Or to be more accurate, I guess you totally planned to take away the things we need to play the game, to try and force players into spending real cash, let me know how that goes for you.....   As I suspect those that already want to spend on the game  do already and those that dont will simply leave the game if it becomes impossible to play without real spend.
    Right on the mark!
  • The current LTPE event just proves what I have been saying, the added up IQ of all the staff at GGE is the same as the room temperature of a well air-conditioned room in....celsius.

Sign In to comment.