We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread : Relic - What you need to know!

Comments

• wall bonuses are terrible on the relic casts, same with the coms
  • Hori (GB1)Hori (GB1) Posts: 63GB1

Could someone confirm if you get your relic items reward?
    I completed 4/9 for now and I can't see any new equipment.. yes, I have room there.

Will do one more, have all relic items written down, we'll see...

Hori @ en 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,616GB1
    Well after a a week or so of the equipment being out i have the following comments.

1) equipment storage is woefully inadequate to be able to properly explore everything this new equip has to offer.  I genuinly do not understand why you would start off what is clearly for you a pretty big upgrade and where you see the future of the game going and basically tie players hands behind their backs in doing so.  Really I think it should have had its own separate storage type and not be limited by existing equipment given that you have made this equipment so it cant be mixed this makes no sense, to mix it with existing equipment. 

2) the diff shoudl be more pronounced between the diff levels of equip ie like the diff colours of white / green purple gold for the diff levels of standard equip.  Its very clear which is best, what does pure, superior, timeworn, battlescared, regular etc mean ?  its hard to tell which is supposed to be the best type?  which leads me on to point 3

3) there is not enough difference between 1 star and 3 stars, so much so it makes the different grades of equipment pretty pointless as they all give pretty much the same results.

4) the equipment bonus on casts is not working no NPC bonus are adding which makes the whole cast system pointless.  This really does need fixing asap.

5) From what i have seen so far, the equipment is no better and in many cases worse than the existing equipment sets already in the game.  So it really doesnt give players any incentive to actually spend time, effort and portentially money changing over to relik equipment when you will end up with similar or worse equipment than you started with.

6) Its a bit one dimentional making the equipment non upgradeable i feel was a mistake, and a step backwards by all means think of another way of upgrading rather than the technicus, but being able to upgrade equipment really is a pretty key feature and a big mistake to omit.  By all means make it difficult to upgrade or limit the resources to be able to upgrade, but the mechanism really needs to be there.

Positives 

1) I love the fact you have listened and brought back a way to customise equipment again, the existing equipment sets whilst powerfull had turned the game into a clone event with all players having the exact same casts / comms.

2) The concept I think is a strong one, 

So overall I think its a pretty good basic idea, that unfortunatly hasnt been particularly well executed, its defo got legs so stick with it, but please take on board the feedback and make the changes necessary or it will flop, if you leave it as it is.

so in terms of importance

1) fix it so it actually works as intended, clearly without this its pointless
    2) give players a whole new storage space for this equipment and make sure its plenty for them to actually explore the potential of this big change. 
    3) properly differentiate between the equipment levels make it obvious ie colour code make the difference clear and obvious.  
    4) Bring in upgrading of equipment ASAP as at the moment the equipment is pretty pointless the ability to upgrade would maybe fix this pretty fundimental issue.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    If players in the top alliances thinks it's a good idea my advice would be do the opposite they have proved at least on En1 that they do not have the interest of the game at heart and frankly don't appear to know what they are doing.  They aren't competent and they are incapable of playing within the rules.  They have systematically and blatantly defrauded GGE over the years.  You should be banning them and closing their alliances that is the shortest way to improve the game and it's a cheaper than all this unneeded development to try and keep happy people who will never appreciate the basic value of what you originally created.  Players behind alliance farms, bot use, retirement alliances and fixed results are not people you should be listening to.  Nor should you base a financial strategy on those who sit in their alliances and empower them whilst claiming to be appalled when in fact they are complicit.  This development is too complicated undermines the existing system and assumes a level of competence or time to develop it that the current player does not have.  Step back and rethink or lose a lot more players.   
    Batten @ en 1
  • Personnally i just sell all the relic equipment to free up storage space for useful items - i have legendary eqpt. in store wioth better stats than the sh*t i've been getting

- and you need to sort the smithy out so you have the option to forge propper equipment instead of the relic ones or remove the task from the daily quests !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Druids (GB1)Druids (GB1) Posts: 78GB1
    I don't think gge will colour code relic stuff, as you will be able to see at a glance just what rubbish you are being given, and most of it is rubbish, and repeatable rubbish at that. Like everyone else has said gge need to go back to the drawing board, and rethink the process.

• bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 610NL1
    I don't think gge will colour code relic stuff, as you will be able to see at a glance just what rubbish you are being given, and most of it is rubbish, and repeatable rubbish at that. Like everyone else has said gge need to go back to the drawing board, and rethink the process.

That is assuming there are people able to think and most of all are having a drawing board
  • Quality druids, I cant really argue with that.  if they dont look at the stats they should change the colours to different shades of brown

for 1)really s***, 2) not quite as s***, 3)plain old s***, etc.

pmsl
  • Alias1 (US1)Alias1 (US1) Posts: 9US1
    I personally am getting tired of paying 80,000 coins every day just to meet daily quota.  Whenever you add the Alliance Smithy for the daily tasks we have to pay for that - totally not fair for level 70 and above to pay for their alliance smithy - either remove alliance smithy from daily requirements or allow us to access it like normal.

Second point - for those who don't want Relic equipment - why can't we have a button or box to check for Relic or regular?
    KarenWilliams @ usa 1
    If they did that they would actually have to admit that the relic equipment is a huge flop in its current form.  As it would have to admit that if players would prefer the outdated normal equipment that has been in the game for 7 years.  rather than the new shiny equipment its just introduced into the game then it has missed the mark significantly.

And do you see GGE climbing down?  Unfortuantly once it has started something even if its the most horrible idea ever it will follow it through to the bitter end.

Take shapeshifters, it was brought in so you couldnt cheat it.  Like you could the traditional glory events.  It failed spectacularly there, not only could it be cheated pretty easily, they made it so 99% of players simply send off 32 troops 5 times a day.  without any need for skill decent troops or decent equipment.  Sure people dont complain as its a very easy way to get good equipment for effectivly doing nothing.  It takes neither skill nor effort.  A truly horrible event.  And one that dumbs down the game to spectacularly low levels.

The hunting / collecting events?  fake PVP events whare no one bothers to actually defend.  how can you have a fake PVP event where only the attacker participates and the defender doesnt give a toss?  thats not PVP?   Its a joke.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • K H A N (ASIA1)K H A N (ASIA1) Posts: 12ASIA1
    what about those relic items which come in offers?
    why are they so expensive 425-450k rubies,why?
    is there some thing special in 'em?

• dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) Posts: 198US1
    Relic gems need better stats.
    Proud member of Heavens Army on US1!
    edited 10.06.2019
    Another issue with relic equipment and hero's is because gge want it as a set of standalone equipment, if you want to switch it out or in from a previous normal set, you have to totally delete (take from the boxes) either one or the other of the complete sets, as they cannot be mixed. Not the end of the world I know, but something at present you don't have to do unless you use a relic...or gge can do as previously suggested by philt123 give players more options for spaces to store complete sets in.
    Post edited by Druids (GB1) on
  • I have found the relic equipment quite fascinating,  If you get enough of it  and mix and match the different types of sets ei: battlescarred , timeworn , regular you can build some nice event specific armour. I have built for Berri  and nomads commanders that are equivelent or better than my Pheonix +5  commanders.

That said Storage space is woefully inadequate and commander space too.  Does the construction speed increase apply to tools or buildings or both.   Some of the relic pieces come with a small white exclamation point on them. Whats that about..

Thanks gge   You have made the game interesting again.  Sometimes we have to work at better.
    After having a relic clear out of hero's, a lot of which were NPC castelians, I think that the developers haven't kept up with the game changes. Surely it isn't relic NPC castellians we need but possibly some NPC commanders, to compliment the other NPC relic equipment. You have put NPC stats on equipment for nomads, sams, berri, which should work with the appropriate Hero, but by leaving out the NPC com hero, you have left out the ability for us to use a pure NPC commander for the kingdoms, which would be a better use for a lot of players than a NPC cast.
    add to the fact the NPC bonus on the cast has been broken since it was introduced and as yet no sign of a fix!!!  Which is pretty unbelievable to be honest.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Brian888 (US1)Brian888 (US1) Posts: 85US1
    it's been 10 DAYS and not a single post from a single moderator and not even a single reply to our posts
    Which is worst I ask. That we are not surprised by that, or that we think that GGE even care. They do what they want, when they want, and just give the forums the occasional glance, and then ignore it until they think too many players are thinking the same. Very poor PR attitude.
  • niko_356 (BG1)niko_356 (BG1) Posts: 22BG1
    defensive NCP options why do not they work against nomads? nomads are they castles of players or aliens?
    where this NPC option can be used?
    niko_356 @ bg 1
Sign In to comment.