Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Way to many low level castles in Crows & FC's.

Comments

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 596
    Yes based on player feedback at the time we stopped the attacks originating from the Bloodcrows.
    Hard to believe THAT was the 'feedback' GGE listened to......
    We do listen, we take the constructive feedback from here and feed it into the development process.
    Hmmmm…….. I will try it again, without the tongue being stuck to the cheek.  The "complaints" about the FL/BC attacks were soundly ridiculed by the majority of the players.  The FL/BC "attacks" were no big deal.  The fact that a real live player CAN hit someone was the original point of the event.  

How true. GGS doesn't understand tongue in cheek, apparently.
    Proof: every time someone mentions (tong-in-cheek!) that we want more farming tools (can never have enough of them, right?), GGS will add more of them in the rewards, instead of replacing some of them with more useful rewards.
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 576
    Yes based on player feedback at the time we stopped the attacks originating from the Bloodcrows.
    what feedback? from who?/ most of us IMHO thought they were useful
    Shares @ au 1
  • planeta - (PT1)planeta - (PT1) PT1 Posts: 90
    Foreigner attacks were the most useless thing in the world. If you want pvp action attack players if you're not scared. Simple.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,840
    cThe reality is GGE hear's only what it wants to hear there could be 1000 pages of feedback all saying the same thing and 1 comment saying the opposite and if GGE want to do the opposite it will say well we were just folowing the feedback!!!!

They even went so far to get a beta forum so they could run stuff past experienced players, unfortunatly it didnt work as GGE completly ignored the feedback it got.  Meaning it was totally pointless.

GGE tick all the boxes, they have a player survey they have a forum, they created a beta forum.  The problem is they totally ignore all the feedback, or completly misrepresent the feedback selecting only the bits they want to hear.

Unfortunatly the game moves ever further away from the game that the vast majority of the people giving feedback want.

The skillfull elements are dummed down and diluted to such a degree they become pretty much pointless.  Its kinda like watching a car crash in slow motion.   And much as though you know you should turn away you cant, even the really good new ideas are distorted so much by the powers that be obsession with screwing every ruby possible from players with it sucks the life and the skill from it.  It must be soul destroying from a developers point f view, as they have to watch their ideas ripped to pieces in the persuit of  ruby.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,699
    Foreigner attacks were the most useless thing in the world. If you want pvp action attack players if you're not scared. Simple.
    @planeta - (PT1) if you like PvP, come visit INT3.  It is all we have in here.  ;-)

Somewhere in the US Migration notes section, is a very wise and witty comment about the FL attacks.  (This was before the BC copy/paste event was introduced)  It was said:  "I view the FL attacks as the way the Game takes back the free Defense Troops it gives us".  

In reality, it gives more than it used to take to defend, and the attacks DID serve a secondary purpose.  They trained people who were not into PvP, the importance of learning the defensive side of the game.  It really didn't take much to beat 85% of the FL attacks.  Yes, you had to learn the baby basics of defense: how to change the set up from 50/50 Melee/Range to 80/20, or how to change from 25/50/25 (or whatever the default wall setup is) to 100/0/0 (or 98/1/1 just to be an @$$), or why Lime Bombs / Throwing Nails ARE a good purchase, and a host of other basic Defensive minded topics.  

If there was never supposed to be a reason to defend, why are there defensive troops????

I still feel that way about the FL attacks...………...

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• I had the same excuse from support last year over the numbers in crows and fc's castles. They even had the cheek to call it the gamblers fallacy, but forgot that because of what they do in the programing its not pure chance, and no matter what they say its always rigged in their favour, otherwise they wouldnt make the money, and would drop the events.
    With the introduction of the dethrone choices, its just a further way to increase the revenue to gge. I have tried both the token and ruby method, and they are a totally unfair way for gge to make even more from us. Very rarely have I ended up with a better castle to attack, more often its worse, either by troops or tool wasting setups.
    Gge are not playing fair as they know that the events themeselves are tied to others where you will miss out by not taking part.
    Come on gge play the game, you have to give somethings back sometimes, If your going to charge extra for dethroning, (which I dont think you should). Then at least make it a viable positive action and not a loss making one for players.
    it seems you did not understand the dethrone feature at all
    I understand the Dethrone feature very well.  Before it was introduced we had FI and BC castles most of which contained 900 to 4K soldiers.  Now we have a Dethrone feature so we get maybe 2 that are about 800-900 (which was on the low end before Dethrone) and the remainder are 450 and below. 

So you choose the dethrone feature.  You can spend 100 coins, 100 Sami tokens or 100 Nomad tokens to get 200 to 500 more, but I've never gotten even 500 more.  And each time you use the Dethrone feature it goes up by 100. 

But here is the rip:  if you use rubies, the first time it is 1200 for 1  castle, then 2400 for the next caste, and probably 3600 or 4800 for the 3rd castle.  Now in these cases you will get over 1000-3000 more troops.  So the dethrone feature is another one aimed at the Ruby Whales and the rest of us get butkis.  Just like all the other new things.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. A huge amount of special offers and such.  We asked if they could put them in our mailboxes instead of on the screen.  They put them in our mailboxes, and left them on the screen, and also increased the number of these things.  
    2. The Foreign Invasion and Bloodcrows Events that give you level 70 castles that are pretty shitty.  And then you have to spend games tokens, coins or rubies to get a decent castle.
    3. This Master Blacksmith feature is ridiculous.  With the points given out the Monthly Event for each hit being so low, it is impossible to get even down the first page where the Season Booster is. 
    4. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.
    5. All improvements to the game that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't, those who do occasionally but now have to purchase more and more, or can't buy Rubies?
    6. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    7. A large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen. Like right now, Nov. 25, 2019, I have 4 Icons on the left by the Message box going vertically up the screen, and I have three icons on the right side by the toolbar going vertically up (sometimes it's 4 on the right), plus all but one of the icons has arrows to flip through the offers.  Too much of my screen is covered with this nonsense.
    8. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    9. And any more events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
    edited 18.04.2019
    Ah...…. these ones DO still exist! 

Good thing I had some more tabs to buy another batch of tails...……….. B)
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• JLNorthGA (US1)JLNorthGA (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    People would be more likely to spend money and buy rubies if the targets were decent.
    Or are they trying to get us to shell out 1200 rubies to "Fortify" each castle?
    It is puzzling.  It is barely worth hitting a BC or FI castle - if it weren't for the contests.
    JLNorthGA @ usa 1
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    Why would players spend more? Reaching the max rank (not including top 100, 50, 20, 10 and 1s) is easy. Players will buy more often to get the hard prizes. Why would I buy if I can reach the top prizes? Literally no reason except to have a title for 4 days lol. Load of sht event with equally bad rewards. 
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• MartenE3 (NL1)MartenE3 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 126
    edited 21.05.2019
    Thing is if they gave us good targets only all the rewards would be reached waay too easy. Which would mean they would have to make it more difficult to reach the targets.
    The only thing that would be reached is making the glory titles that aren't based on Top X worthless, because it wouldn't bring any advantages because everyone has them.

EDIT:
    And the non-Top X glory titles are already way too easy to get so that wouldn't make so much of a difference either.
  • give us good targets and 10x the targets? i`m happy with that

People would be more likely to spend money and buy rubies if the targets were decent.
    Or are they trying to get us to shell out 1200 rubies to "Fortify" each castle?
    It is puzzling.  It is barely worth hitting a BC or FI castle - if it weren't for the contests.
    It is all about the point of the game vs what payers use it for.  The point is to defeat the castles.  What players want is to get the glory.  If you grind out 5 or 6 hundred castles, the way you grind out 1 or 2 thousand nomad camps, you will get the rewards. Even the LTPE is structured to allow for the lower number of hits you will make against a FL / BC.  (Not correctly IMO, as the number of hits you can do in a train against one camp is quite a bit more than double the hits you can do on a Castle....but, that is a different topic)  

If that is too many castles / camps for your schedule, then they offer the boosters to give you more glory / tabs per hit.  THAT is their base business model.  

If the player is going for the GLORY and wants that 7k / 10k castle to pop up every few rounds, they will be disappointed.  This isn't a Glory Event.  It is a Castle Event that gives glory...……...

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Thorten (US1)Thorten (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    at one time .. invaders were my fav event.    now I can barely force myself to bother with them at all 
    Thorten @ usa 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,008
    If you want glory just look for a potato, a lot easier and faster to get glory there.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • I'm convinced that GGE could care less what we think. As long as players are buying the boosts and rubies they will just laugh us off. Set your egos aside and quit buying until they they put a better and more stable product here for us.All of this new stuff they're doing is nothing but a nuisance and for the sole purpose of trying to generate sales. Can't fault them for trying to show a profit. but I can't understand the approach they are taking to do that. You'd think they would listen to the customers. Make the game fun again, and the money will come without having to beg for it every hour by inundating us with pop ups.
  • IMO, the FI and BC event has been ruined.

The best part of the event was the risk taken when hitting a castle - you didn't know if the defence was going to change, or if the defence was going to be supported. You had to attack smart. Now, you can just load troops, without tools, into the open fronts and know you'll have a victory. Robotic repetition now, like the other events.

The other aspect of the FI and BC events that was worthwhile was the fact that your castle could get hit as well. You had to be smart on defence. While defending against the FIs and BCs, it also brought alliances together. You worked to support one another. Now there is really no need to stockpile defenders, unless you're going to war.

• ~King~ (IN1)~King~ (IN1) IN1 Posts: 60
    If anyone has a effective strategy for FC and BC events than please post it in here. I would be really happy and thankful for any contribution done.

• Keep spying and attacking them, glorypoint will keep comming in!!! :-D

What kind off strategy do you mean? 

- For attacking them?
    - To get more glory, bigger targets?
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    My personal way of doing it:

3 attacks from each OP's. 1 attack from main.

Anything over 70% melee defense I attack on the 2 undefended flanks, and take all troops to the courtyard. Taking to the courtyard is pretty expensive troop wise, but free of tools. 

If 2 flanks are defended, I attack the weaker flank, as well, kinda obvious, and the undefended. 

If all 3 flanks are defended, I use the feature to change set ups (don't know the name), and 90% of the time you get a much better layout.

I don't play FC often, so I think someone else can give a better one. 
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• ~King~ (IN1)~King~ (IN1) IN1 Posts: 60
    Thanks @Dark Venom for your contribution.
    I am surely going to try this !

Sign In to comment.