We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Relic Equipment

First of all, thanks for introducing this, it is interesting to puzzle around with it like we used to do in the old days. It also motivated to play to acquire some nice equipment. I also like the randomness so non-ruby players aren't completely in the disadvantage.

Second: Whenever we gain these equipment pieces we will either be getting them from the alliance smithy or by filling the war chest, which is fine, But whenever I complete filling the war chest, I get either 3 or 5 random pieces, but (HERE'S MY POINT) I cannot check the pieces that I just gained in the reward window, which means that I will have to go through my entire equipment inventory to check if I got anything interesting. 
Maybe it would be a good idea to show the exact pieces we got in the reward window, just like we see what kind of equipment we got when we use the alliance smithy.

Please consider,
Marten

Comments

• bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 647NL1
    that is way to difficult, easy questions please
  • MartenE3 (NL1)MartenE3 (NL1) Posts: 85NL1
    I don't see why that is too difficult.
    to the quality of certain programmer it is way to difficult

• If it's too difficult for them maybe they should find a new job.  This isn't supposed to be easy.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of The War Kings
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.All improvements to the game 
    2. that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't or can't buy Rubies?
    3. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    4. The large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen.
    5. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    6. And any more of events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,687GB1
    edited 20.05.2019
    Yes, such a thing described in first post would be a great addition to the game. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• RenGold (NL1)RenGold (NL1) Posts: 34NL1
    Yess, there was indeed a bug, that when you donate gold coins for een quest in the Red Book, no Relic Equipment was given. This bug is now corrected and should be working right now. However it was corrected the same time as the Nomad event finished. So with Forreign League it should be working fine.
    RenGold @ nl 1
  • gopher42 (US1)gopher42 (US1) Posts: 31US1
    I don't see why that is too difficult.
      Bummer sounds sarcastic.

Anyway, I also would like to see the items for what they are when we receive them.

• I've unlocked 48 relic pieces and not a single bloody weapon...did I smell something wrong...? It's ok it's not like the weapon slot gives you the most melee/ranged bonuses...oh...
    Blunderbusss @ en 1
  • I ended up getting pretty much the same items every time I use the smithy or won them in Beri. So I agree, they should not be so random since they are rewards for completing quests. 
    did you already notice that some items give say 4.5 wall bounus which is valued with three stars and another item with a wall bonus 88.2 is rewarded with one star.
    That would make you think the lesser stars the better value.
    but when you gather more of the items you will see that there is again not ant relation between stars and value
    my first thoght was to collect only three star items but after finding this I guess the best option is to free up space and shred all blue items.
    And @ gopher42, yes I am sarcastic as the only thing that has been released bug free so far are new look items, but I am pretty sure they will find a bug to solve that problem.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,844INT3
    did you already notice that some items give say 4.5 wall bounus which is valued with three stars and another item with a wall bonus 88.2 is rewarded with one star.
    That would make you think the lesser stars the better value.
    but when you gather more of the items you will see that there is again not ant relation between stars and value
    There IS a relation between the Stars and the Amounts.  But, as is typical these days, it is not a straightforward and obvious relationship.  Each item has it's own category of strengths.  The Weapon is where the Melee and Range units get the major boost from.  So, an 84 Melee/Range boost would be a 2 star for the Weapon, as it is near the mid point. The Helmet is good for Speed and Wall.  So a Melee/Range boost on a Helmet would always have a lower top boost.  As such, a 21 Melee/Range boost on a Helmet would  also be a 2 Star boost, as it is also near the mid point Melee/Range boost for a Helmet.  Confused yet?  Basically, the stars show the level of THAT boost as related to THAT type of equipment.  

Hopefully that explains it better than the 'Relics - Ten Questions' post......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 767US1
    THANK you Wasso. So to clarify again, stars only show relative strengths between that specific type of equipment.
    So 3 stars on a helmet is better than 2 stars on a helmet, but 2 stars on a helmet is not comparable to 2 stars on a weapon.

Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
    indeed, no real relation
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,844INT3
    indeed, no real relation
    Only being able to read English puts me at a bit of a disadvantage here, BUT it seems that this DOES match what we are saying.  These look to be the same TYPE of equipment - Weapon.  the 2nd and 3rd effect on each is HIGHER on the 3 star one than the 2 star one.  Just a small amount, yes....but that is where the line is for 2 star vs. 3 star.    The first effect is clearly different on both of them, so the % amount / star levels cannot compare.  

Where is my Rosetta Stone...….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) Posts: 468NL1
    Apparently the first effect is "starred" differently from the second and third.
    The highlighted effects below are both "extra ranged power during defense", but the one with 2 stars (in second position on the left) is much better than the one with 3 stars (in first position on the right).

Wiglema (NL1)
    you don't even have to understand dutch to compare two equal lines of text and indeed wonder why 84.2 % on the left are 2 stars and only 28.8 % on the right side are 3 stars....
    so the theory of a small line between 2 and 3 stars is very unclear and I bet that even good games can give a reasonable explanation as its all random, and random means with no reason.
    And how do we have to be able to calculate what the best effect will be of combinations of gear when nobody knows or can explain how it is supposed to work.
    Here is where it all goes wrong with good games empire. new stuff is launched which could be promising, but the engine behind it that should make it really work does not exist yet.
    Great example is the current food bug. there was a good engine behind it which could use some tuning, but what did good games, not understanding how it works, They tuned the wrong thing and only created a terrible bug and are not able to roll that failure back, why we are now about 14 days struggling with food problems.
    Its like changing a text document but having no back up copy before the change.
    It all reminds me so much of Snail Games Usa that has killed already many "free to play" games

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,672
    the like for like comparrisons are lines 2 and 3.  Line 1 are 2 different bonus's which line the bonus is on seems to make a big diff on level expected.

But take line 3 on both as an example, 

2 star bonus 85.1 Melee
    3 star bonus 85.3 Melee

What it does show you is that the star ratings are a joke, and actually makes hardly any diff 0.2  of a percent what a total and utter joke.  

This is where GGE fall down,  firstly it develops a ranking system and then makes the values almost identical, it would make some sense if you could further upgrade pieces for example if you could upgrade the 3 star piece say 20 times but the 2 str piece only 12 for example.   A little like the different ranks on ordinary equipment do.

But with no upgrades available this equipment makes no real sense at all.  And also shows up just how seriously GGE have lied to us in the past.

1) The way Gems were treated in the strength calculation was changed as aparantly going over the cap of 90 strength was never intended (even though it was in the game for years) meanign players lost out to the tune of potentually millions of rubies.

2) a short while later GGE develop their own new equipment where the cap of 90 is removed, and players have to get equipment all over again to do this.  So what GGE actually are telling you is that it wasnt a game breaker at all the caps in the game are fine as long as GGE are earnign money.

The whole relik system has been very very poorly implimented, the whole thign is half arsed, there is no structure to the equipment, no levels no upgrade route.  nothing.  Half of the cast equipment still doesnt work what 1 month more after it being launched?  That in itself if shockingly poor.

So at best we end up with equipment that is inferior to equipment all ready out there, Yet GGE want us to replace our existing equipment with it ?  yet even if it was better we have no where to store it, to try to put together good combinations?

The equipment needs to be better defined as to Level of equipment, as the example above illustrates there is no real difference currently.  it needs to be upgradable.  and there needs to be some proper storage.  and you need to look at having some proper caps in place.   I mean capping Loot at 40% when the previous loot cap was 70% !!!!   or 90+ with the right hero.  Who in their right minds is goign to replace their loot commanders with relik ones when they are only 50% as effective!!!  Certainly not what i call progress.  You guys really really need to start playing the game, as if you did this stuff would become blindingly obvious to you.

Philt123 @ en 1
    Wasso already explained why different star ratings differ and why some things get more stars than others, maybe if you would take a closer look yourself you would realise that the star ratings are actually perfectly fine.

But take line 3 on both as an example,

2 star bonus 85.1 Melee
    3 star bonus 85.3 Melee
    As for this you are actually on the edge, I do not have a piece with 85.2 to find the actual edge, but it lies inbetween the two, as on every piece with these stats (and this goes for Ranged too) 85.1 gives 2 stars and 85.3 gives 3 stars.
    They have to draw the line somewhere.

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,672
    edited 05.06.2019
    Lol well if you are happy with a 0.2% differential good luck to you. 

Show me a upgraded purple piece compared to a gold legendary piece upgraded.  

I have had a look at some of them and un upgraded purple gives in the region of 20% ranged or melee on the top slot.  A legendary piece gives in the region of 30%   for the equivilant slot.   Now of course there is a random element to both old and new equipment but even if you get a bad one compared to a good one there is still a significant difference.

So you are looking at a 40-50% uplift in upgraded purple equipment vs legendary equipment.  in a liek for like comparison.

In the example above its a 0.2% differential. so even if you are comparing a very good 2* piece vs a crap 3* piece the point still stand there is no real differential/.   

Even if you got a crap 2* piece vs the best 3* piece you talking what 5% max?   so 0.2% - 5% vs 40%-50% in previous equipment differentials  my point stands, the star ratings are still crap IMO.  And there in NOWHERE near enough differential between star ratings. for it to be worth spending any time whatsoever on, as we used to grind out for many years maximising our legendary equipment.
    Philt123 @ en 1
    I think it's more of an indication to wether or not it can be improved.
    And then still, if you don't like the star ratings than just don't look at them.
Sign In to comment.