We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Free Gift

How is it fair that every low level player can get the gift of all those troops and attack any player they want? Like a level 10 attacking a 30 and winning. 

Comments

• It's bullcrap,

I've been playing awhile and just yesterday spent cash to buy some rubies only to log on today to find all my troops gone, all my ruby bonus guys gone from attacks by low level idiots.

Just because GGE gifted a bunch of troops today??

All the hours I've spent building up my account, gone in a few lousy hours. I know I'm not the only one affected but this is ridiculous.

If I knew this was the kind of thing they did, I never would have bought rubies. I hope they plan on rolling this back, that this was just some kind of event for a day or I want the money I spent back and I'll leave this moronic game to the kids that were enabled today to ruin everyones work on their accounts.
  • ^^^hide your troops lol
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,672
    unfortunatly until GGE  clear up the sheer volume of shells and multis in this game,  blanket  compensation such as this are always going to be a disaster, GGE know this yet they do it anyway.

Just the same as they know offering 300% ruby offers to accounts that havent  bought for a long time, offer the multis the perfect opportunity to rotate accounts and play the game cheaper than any legit account.

They stopped this due to try and stop this happening but I guess greed has got the better of them and they started again!

They know that whilst ever they  sell rubies 3-400% cheaper to some people that the game will be unbalanced and unfair on such a fundimental level that any concept of real competition is a pure farce, yet they allow it anyway.

This unfortunatly is GGE's idea of good business.  
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,830INT3
    Honestly, the first 2 posts were from INT3.  There are many lower level players there, and getting all these free powerful troops were like giving a 5 year old a Death Star to play with.

I logged in to find my castle completely on fire, from 5 full horror hits by people who normally couldn't get past my Cast.  What do I do about it?  The same thing I suggest everyone else do about it.  Hit them back!  This is one of the BEST things for INT3!  People actually doing PvP!  

The troops given out were safe in the Blue Box.  So, all those who hit me, had already used theirs up.  (I would surmise I wasn't their only hit of the morning)  Now, it is my turn...………  B)
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• it was funny seeing level 13's go nuts attacking everyone but having 20 low levels hitting all my castles with demons wore down my troops for nothing not like i can hit back haha
    catrillion @ usa 1
    it was funny seeing level 13's go nuts attacking everyone but having 20 low levels hitting all my castles with demons wore down my troops for nothing not like i can hit back haha
    Next time...…...and yes, with all the bugs in this game there WILL be a next time...… don't open your box until the last few hours it is available.  Let all those newbies get their jollies in.  As long as the free troops are in the box, they are safe.

Patience, young Padawan...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Seriously?

I log on and find that although I seem to have been given around 1m extra food it's only going to last 18hrs because I've also been given tens of thousands of extra D troops. My main is running in the red by 57k now. As always I'm running in the red everywhere else (by a manageable amount), so short of never sleeping again maybe someone at GGE could tell me how I'm supposed to keep them fed? Or is it just a bid to make us spend rubies on food?

roxholme2001 @ usa 1
    edited 21.05.2019
    Seriously?

I log on and find that although I seem to have been given around 1m extra food it's only going to last 18hrs because I've also been given tens of thousands of extra D troops. My main is running in the red by 57k now. As always I'm running in the red everywhere else (by a manageable amount), so short of never sleeping again maybe someone at GGE could tell me how I'm supposed to keep them fed? Or is it just a bid to make us spend rubies on food?
    EDIT: Waait, you are talking D troops?  Below is my original post thinking you were talking about the free horrors we got. (and is the topic of this thread)  IF, you are talking extra D troops, those I have no idea about.  Unless you mean the troops from the Alliance Rewards?  That is only 420 D troops and 850 Attack.  Are those the ones you are seeing???

------------------

It was designed to be a short term Gift to "compensate" for the worst of the recent bugs.  It was never meant to be a long term bonus for anyone.  Use the troops up within the time the free food lasts.  If you don't have a way to use them up, then just delete them.

Although, if you need somewhere to use up those troops, I bet others from US1 would be happy to give you a target or three....
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• I'm talking Defence troops - I've gained about 20k of scouts and Sentinels and a bunch of flame bearers. So not a lot of use for attacking ..:-)

I put in a ticket a couple of days ago about losses from the food bug and I can only assume that this is GGEs idiotic response, though I've had no email response from support so who knows.....

I've played this game for over 4 years now but I'm on the verge of quitting. I've put up with lots of their bugs now it is  impossible to predict how much food you are producing and how long it will last.  Last night I was producing 36k of food per hr in fire - enough to last three days - by 8 am this morning production had dropped to 30k and I had only 2 hrs of food left.

Food is basic to the game and if they can't get that right then there's no point in playing IMHO.
    roxholme2001 @ usa 1
    edited 22.05.2019
    I'm talking Defence troops - I've gained about 20k of scouts and Sentinels and a bunch of flame bearers. So not a lot of use for attacking ..:-)

I put in a ticket a couple of days ago about losses from the food bug and I can only assume that this is GGEs idiotic response, though I've had no email response from support so who knows.....

I've played this game for over 4 years now but I'm on the verge of quitting. I've put up with lots of their bugs now it is  impossible to predict how much food you are producing and how long it will last.  Last night I was producing 36k of food per hr in fire - enough to last three days - by 8 am this morning production had dropped to 30k and I had only 2 hrs of food left.

Food is basic to the game and if they can't get that right then there's no point in playing IMHO.
    My bad, for reading too quickly the first time.  Odds are good that it is their idea of compensation for your prior losses.  Of course, they give those to you with just enough food to see them and wave goodbye.  Add in the food "assistance" that breaks the production you WERE getting, and everything goes to pot.

I have seen plenty of screwups by GGS in GGE, but these last few weeks have taken the cake.

Must be Princess Beatrice Narrowneck back from the grave and running the QA Team...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 819Community Manager
    I have seen plenty of screwups by GGS in GGE, but these last few weeks have taken the cake.
    Can we have the cake back please... it was strawberry cheesecake. My favourite....

Can you contact them again to see what happened here? They will have more answers than me.
Sign In to comment.