We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Food symbol?!

Pieter Cornelis (NL1)Pieter Cornelis (NL1) Posts: 239NL1
edited 19.05.2019 in General Discussion
I noticed that changing the food symbol to Glory and back only gives a litle bonus of food? You might think that an improvement of 30% wil give "some" more production?

16716 an hour improve to 18608 but 16716 + 30% should it not be 21730?! (16716/100 = 167,16 x 130 = 21730)

I'd like to have some information before reporting another bugg...

Comments

• Deth (ASIA1)Deth (ASIA1) Posts: 221ASIA1
    The bonuses don't stack that way. It isn't a 30% bonus on total food, but a 30% bonus on base food production.

I quit the game for two years. Now I'm back on the Asia server.

General for Drunken Fist

Previous accounts 5555s on US1 and Asia1

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,833AU1
    The bonuses don't stack that way. It isn't a 30% bonus on total food, but a 30% bonus on base food production.
    30% bonus that is added to the other bonuses like overseer etc. not 30% bonus on base food production, that would be what he excpetected.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • The bonuses don't stack that way. It isn't a 30% bonus on total food, but a 30% bonus on base food production.
    30% bonus that is added to the other bonuses like overseer etc. not 30% bonus on base food production, that would be what he excpetected.
    Okay, thanks, but on what foodproduction is this bonus calculated on? Because when i take only the production of the granary's whitout everything on it, pure only what i see on the levels behind the info button. And withdraw the lose of production keeping in mind the loss of workingload, the numbers still doesn't make sense? (It's commng closer, but it stil doesn't give what i expect.)
  • GGe Mathematics is screwy - they don't do things the same as the rest of us humans - they only do things in a way that benefits themselves !

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,682GB1
    Ahh yes the old GGE maths when does 30% not mean 30% in GGE land everytime!!!!!

The 1000%  glory bonus you got the other day didnt really give you 10 times as much glory per hit as you would have got without it!!!!

The 30% food bonus doesnt give 30% 

The list is pretty much endless, almost everythign that has a boost for it will give you significantly less that the advertised %.  

There is some logic in the gge calcualtions but i agree it is misleading and I believe its been  made deliberatly misleading.

The reality is you probably already have a number of bonus already running in the background without u already knowing

For example VIP Bonus 30%, Food Overseer, 25%, Hunting Lodge 20%, Berri Bonus 20%,  (i am sure i have missed a lot more)

So you prob already had a lot of bonus without realising it.

GGE maths.......... Basically expect to recieve a siggnificant amout less than the advertised amout and you wont be dissapointed.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,833AU1
    Bonuses that are added :  
    VIP , Research , Overseer, Coat of Arms , Wind mill , Ressource Villages, Subcription, berimond

Bonuses that act different based on the kingdom you are in :
    Hunting Lodge 

Bonus that amplify all others : 
    Public Order

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Deth (ASIA1)Deth (ASIA1) Posts: 221ASIA1
    That's what I meant herveus.... The bonus doesn't multiply the food production after the other bonuses, but with them on the base food production before bonuses. 

Basically I meant exactly what you said.

I quit the game for two years. Now I'm back on the Asia server.

General for Drunken Fist

Previous accounts 5555s on US1 and Asia1

• In the end, it's an expensive piece of extra grain. But at least i have some more information now that wil help me to choose where to spend the next big pil of rubbies on. (And i think that that next symbol, now is last in the line, better buy a new commander for it.)

Sign In to comment.