We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread : Relic - What you need to know!

Comments

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,679
    edited 09.05.2019
    Can I ask the question again, do your guys actually play the game ?

http://prntscr.com/nmhzok

a 51 increase in barrow size, and it gets a 2 out of 3 rating so actually not such a bad piece, until you figure that my current barrow size is 42,105  so an extra 51 equates to an additional 0.1% barrow increase, in other words totally and utterly poinless!!!!

And whilst we are on the subject, why not put the relik equipment in a new storage window and give it the same size storage as normal equipment, if you really want players to properly explore this feature you are gonna have to do somethign significant with the storage, I cant for the life of me understand why you bring in these new features that increase massivly the storage requirements then give pittifull increases in the storage size?  you really are making it pretty much impossible for players?  Is that really what you want?  there are so many ifferent option on this new equipment yet you only give us the storage to access a fraction of the potential?    Whats the point in that?  The feature has only been out a matter of hours and I am already hitting problems.  And I suspect I wont be the only one.  This is a really easy fix just do it, or you will have tens of thousands of very pissed off frustrated players moaning in a week or 2, is frustration the result you are going for ?

If not i would advise changing it now.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,941ASIA1
    WOW the GREED level on the Relic equipment went into overdrive  :/

That's to bad, it could have been such a good thing for the game and those who can't spend real money like some.
    Very true.  In the Test Server, I used ALL the free coin and rubies they give us, and was not able to make a completed Com and Cast.  There are so many varieties, AND since they are random, that these will take a very long time to make for a non-buyer.  

I did not get a chance to complete the Relic Princess Quest in the Test Server, but from the looks of it, it will be another Nomad Commander. 

This should not be too difficult to get, as long as you are hitting towers in all Kingdoms.  But, with the randomness of the effects, some will get better ones than others......

you must be jokin right?

Not the worst or best set, but its getting there.
    And its all eq's from missions, only the hero is from alliance smithy.
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• varg vikernes (US1)varg vikernes (US1) Posts: 434US1
    edited 09.05.2019
    Biggest letdown is the cap on the CY and flank for commanders. 80CY 30% flank, come on that's useless.
    Otherwise it's an interesting new feature.
    Made a couple cool sets after completing all the new "relic" quests in a hour.

*edit*
    I made a 163 CY max speed/late detect before I realized there was CY max, I was excited for a minute lol.
    Agreed to be honest these commanders / Casts are going to be simply NPC usage only.  an 80% CY comm just sint going to cut it not when there are comms with 170+cy out there.  Or 140%+ with 20% extra troop strength.

And the cast 20% cy cap on PVP basically means they are useless for offline use.  as you would be easy pickings for any half decent player.  Hard to fathom seeing as the new Shapeshifter cast has 100 CY 70 Wall and +30 troop strength.   (with the right gems)  They may well have made them NPC casts only
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,845INT3
    Biggest letdown is the cap on the CY and flank for commanders. 80CY 30% flank, come on that's useless.
    Otherwise it's an interesting new feature.
    Made a couple cool sets after completing all the new "relic" quests in a hour.

*edit*
    I made a 163 CY max speed/late detect before I realized there was CY max, I was excited for a minute lol.
    Then I will withhold final judgement until I get the quests done.  Still focusing on Samis, as I expect we wont see it again for another 6 weeks.....
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) Posts: 215GB1
    I see there is a relic equipment quest in the Sammies section of the Quest Book.  If I don't complete it in this event will it roll over to the next or will it reset?  That is quite an important thing to know as the increasing amount of sammy tablets might make completing the quest in one event impossible for some.  

The same applies (presumably) to other event quests
    Osiris @ en 1
  • Well I see that when you add up the collective IQ of  GGE staff and ownership, it equals the temperature a well air condition room.  We have been asking for the game to be balanced not new events and materials that make the balance worse and worse.  Now we have Relics, what a waste when the real issues could be addressed, that the players want.  GGE keeps asking for our feedback but when we collectively say "Get rid of the Outers for build and construction points and instead add it as rewards into current events": turns a deaf and blind eye to our feedback.  Instead they keep changing outers event hoping with the same hope that 1000 monkeys with typewriters will write a best seller.  Its pathetic how inept and incompetent the GGE staff our to addressing the needs of the game and the feedback from actual players.  Let me put in in plan english, the outers event is a failure and will continue to be a failure as long as you have it seperate from one's normal castle.  I guess GGE's new ownership are the same folks are  exVolkswagon CEOs.
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 567AU1
    edited 10.05.2019
    I see there is a relic equipment quest in the Sammies section of the Quest Book.  If I don't complete it in this event will it roll over to the next or will it reset?  That is quite an important thing to know as the increasing amount of sammy tablets might make completing the quest in one event impossible for some.  

its NOT part of sammies..its a royal quest and is easily completed alongside daily tasks.... 1 section for each realm...
    Shares @ au 1
  • Ok, fist of all, you got to get rid of the Royal depot blocking the messages.

So far, I like the relics. Great idea.  

But so far, all the relic castlan  gems have boosted vs NPC attacks, which are very rare, basically just Khan. So, please fix that. Otherwise, pretty good so far!
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) Posts: 215GB1

its NOT part of sammies..its a royal quest and is easily completed alongside daily tasks.... 1 section for each realm...
    I suggest you look at your quest book again.  There is a four part adventure quest (which I have done) and also one in the Shoguns quest tab which is a nine part quest..  The one to which I refer is most definitely a Samiies quest

http://prntscr.com/nmp40c

Osiris @ en 1
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 567AU1
    edited 10.05.2019

I suggest you look at your quest book again.  There is a four part adventure quest (which I have done) and also one in the Shoguns quest tab which is a nine part quest..  The one to which I refer is most definitely a Samiies quest

http://prntscr.com/nmp40c

thanks for that.. I dont normally check the sams quest tab ...now I dont know but since the time is running out I guess you have under 20 hrs to do it..ps Ive been reliably informed another quest follows it
    Shares @ au 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,691GB1
    edited 10.05.2019
    My concern is how many players are now able to build decent commanders by just a few clicks.
    Where is the effort involved with getting these commanders? It's non existant. 

For example, i got this commander by just doing some quests and spending some gold, it took maybe 20 minutes. 
    Now this is not a Great commander, but considering i almost got it for free without having to really do anything it's too good to be true. 

In my opinion, it'd be better if these equipments started off on small stats and that you'd have to upgrade them for them to be able to reach these levels of power like in the commander shown above ^

The player would then not be able to use all their relic equipments right off the bat, but be forced to collect these equipments and carefully choose which equipments they want to use and upgrade into a full commander. This would add another process into getting these commanders, making it require at least a little effort. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    Equipment pictures are attractive and relative, heroes pictures not so much they are really poor I'd pull them and rework them they are well below the art departments normal excellent standard they look like something from a pre-school game.  

The storage situation is as Phil pointed out simply not manageable.  Given volume of hits for nomads or samurai that isn't something that can be worked round.  Does the lost and found section actually work do we know?  

As for the characteristics on the equipment pieces they simply don't work in the context of the game as it actually is played now.  

A lot of players focus on the detail and marginal gains from these pieces of equipment but realistically they have little or no major impact on performance now.  You can achieve same results without them.  Unless you play in the top two or three alliances they are little more than a marginal diversion.  There really isn't anything new in this update that addresses any of the fundamental problems with the game it's just more window dressing with little or no real time startegic value.  Food PO and troops levels are still king.  You still have the basic problem of huge gaps in performance between two or three players at the top and everybody else.  These pieces won't lead to players who couldn't win previously winning now at best they might move up one place in their Kingdom League group.  If I'm going to lose to a player with a better commander I'm still going to lose to a player with a better commander really nothing has changed.  It's just a pointless development.  

Just a waste of development time that would be better spent looking at metros, capitals and expanding that part of the game.  If you transitioned to HTML and didn't allow yourself the ability to move beyond the basic game system then that would by design suicide.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • Having done the quests am disappointed by the equipment given - the druid set is better than what i've been getting - nothing has any ranged or melee bonus's ! just sold most for space in smithy - what a Crock of S**t : >:)
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Sttela (INT1)Sttela (INT1) Posts: 46INT1
    My first reaction to these changes, relict commanders, castellans and equipment was enthusiasm.
    Now I see: There is all too much.
    The players are like a geese in the fog now. There is a chaos that has no purpose.
    The reason for this is my opinion: Good equipment, commanders and Castellanes should be a means to achieve top results, but now it is not so. Now equipment has become a goal.

My thoughts are as follows:
    1. Conquering and assembling too many commanders and castellans draws the attention of the player from the essential elements of the game because too many heroes and equipment are available at the same time.
    2. These sets are good for some events (Berimond, nomads, etc.) My question is: Will there be new special sets? For example: for Bloodcrowe and Foreign?
    3. She loved to see a catalog of all commanders, castellans, and equipment. This would help players decide what their priorities are
    4. Will there be war sets?
    I'll give  to You   :)  and  <3   ....   or    >:)
    The choice is yours. Everyone will get what he deserves.     
     o:)    :D

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,845INT3
    My first reaction to these changes, relict commanders, castellans and equipment was enthusiasm.
    Now I see: There is all too much.
    The players are like a geese in the fog now. There is a chaos that has no purpose.
    The reason for this is my opinion: Good equipment, commanders and Castellanes should be a means to achieve top results, but now it is not so. Now equipment has become a goal.

My thoughts are as follows:
    1. Conquering and assembling too many commanders and castellans draws the attention of the player from the essential elements of the game because too many heroes and equipment are available at the same time.
    2. These sets are good for some events (Berimond, nomads, etc.) My question is: Will there be new special sets? For example: for Bloodcrowe and Foreign?
    3. She loved to see a catalog of all commanders, castellans, and equipment. This would help players decide what their priorities are
    4. Will there be war sets?
    Yes, from the Test Server we saw Stats for "Foreign Invaders" on the Relics and ones for Castle Lords...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

thats what I mean, you have Sam, comms, nomad comms, berri comms, FI comms, PVP Comms.  the same for casts.

So thats at least 10 different types of comm / cast that can be built

each one has around 7 diff attributes, on Equip and there are at least 10 diff unit and tool effects.  Plus Hero attributes.  All these both for casts and comms.

Thats a HUGE amount of possible variations, an Enormous amount of possibilities.  Which really is a Brilliant idea to let us again customise our own Commanders / Casts.  

But why stifle all these creative possibilities by seriously limiting our storage?  Its like you shot yourself in the foot before you started!

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Druids (GB1)Druids (GB1) Posts: 84GB1
    Relic equipment...Thought it to good to be true, good idea, but just another gimmick. After getting pieces through the Sams event, and foolish me, buying a few, just to try of course, what do I get. For one thing 14 commanders, 3 casts, and just enough equipment to make 1 full com. They also give you Cast gems to defend against NPC attacks, Why, no-one gets any decent NPC attacks that would warrant making an NPC Cast. So what now, you decide to sell these unwanted pieces, for what, rubies, coins, oh no, relic shards. These apparently can be used to remove unwanted gems from equipment sets, cost to remove a gem 2000 shards, buy back equipment price to you for equipment, varies but is between 250 -350 shards, talk about a gimmick, but are we surprised....not.
    Wouldn't be so bad if you could mix and match with other equipment, but no, so think before you buy....
  • CaptainBro (US1)CaptainBro (US1) Posts: 873US1
    edited 11.05.2019
    So instead of just undoing the caps of unique equipment like it used to be, you created a whole new level, and youre pretending like this is groundbreaking.

just wow...

edit: please keep this PvE, it would be horrible if this replaces PvP attacking comms and casts.
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
  • Hi Everey1,
    hows u

In the current BloodCrow event the correlating RELIC Quest, it seems there is a bug? I have donated the coin amount 14,900 twice, it still hasn't completed the quest???? 
    Any1 else notice or have that issue?

Cheers xoxoxo Nix xoxoxo
    PowerfullyNix @ au 1
Sign In to comment.