We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Talking

How can it be wrong to write fuc.., when you, at the sane time allows players to use names as SS-elite, Neuengamme, and other nazi-names. Where is the logik and codex in this matter. You should ban all names related to the Nazi era.    

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,845INT3
    How can it be wrong to write fuc.., when you, at the sane time allows players to use names as SS-elite, Neuengamme, and other nazi-names. Where is the logik and codex in this matter. You should ban all names related to the Nazi era.    
    Then you would not have been able to make that post.  Free speech is a very difficult thing to keep in balance......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• IMO there should be ZERO filter on what we are allowed to say in game and on forums.

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 819Community Manager
    Please report these names to Customer Support.
    IMO there should be ZERO filter on what we are allowed to say in game and on forums.

Maybe you could take a moment to read this article for me and then let me know what you think?
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 567AU1
    IMO there should be ZERO filter on what we are allowed to say in game and on forums.

not if its hateful
    Shares @ au 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,845INT3

not if its hateful
    Correct.  And that is where it gets tricky.  Who gets to decide what is "hateful"?  For some people commenting that the color orange is not the best color for their skin tone, would be classified as "hate speech".  Others, you can yell in their face terrible things about their mother, ancestry, work ethic, beliefs, and choice of pet....and they laugh it off.  

It then comes down to the "intentions" of the person speaking.  But, again....how do you know their "intensions"? Especially in the written form, where you cannot hear inflections nor see facial cues.   Are they making fun of the group they are using as the name for their Castle?  Or are they supporting it?  

Inferred vs. Implied.

The list goes on.

Every public entity has to decide for themselves where to draw that line.  The only thing we can be certain of, is that you will never got 100% of the people to agree on where that line should be.

But, at least I was able to say that......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 647NL1
    Please report these names to Customer Support.

Maybe you could take a moment to read this article for me and then let me know what you think?
    reading the article and assuming its you intention to point out the harm of bad words in a game, why the hell are you serving a war-game where the major point is to kill each other, link to every school shooting and see how bad influence a war game has, I propose an immediate shutdown of Good Games Empire because is may be creating hate and murder in real life
Sign In to comment.