We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Request for the Test Server

The Test Server was recently opened up again, supposedly to test new features.  There are several urgent matters concerning this server:
1.  Why are we being asked to test things with no instruction on how they are supposed to work, and no responses from any QA people or anyone else on any questions posed by testers.
2.  What events I have seen so far are things like Nomads and War of the Worlds with no noticeable new features and no Announcements of any Kind in the Test Forum and they only last about 1 1/2 days at the most.  
3.  Why are there no regular shops and places like in the main servers?  I have not seen a Merchant (where you can buy food, coins, wood, etc.), no armorer, no Nobility Contests, Colossus Event, Marauders Event, Technicus, Researcher, Architect, ever.  
4.  And the final most important, WHY IS NO ONE READING OUR POSTS AND RESPONDING TO US EVER?  I still have messages I wrote in the last Server Event that have not been answered.  

Am I wasting my time being in this TestServer?

LadyThundara

Proud Member of The War Kings
All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.All improvements to the game 
  2. that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't or can't buy Rubies?
  3. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
  4. The large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen.
  5. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
  6. And any more of events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.

Comments

• I think you have answered your own question, kind of like those awesome surveys they send out.  They do what they want to do, there game, our time, not much more can be said.
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,929ASIA1
    The Test Server was recently opened up again, supposedly to test new features.  There are several urgent matters concerning this server:
    1.  Why are we being asked to test things with no instruction on how they are supposed to work, and no responses from any QA people or anyone else on any questions posed by testers.
    2.  What events I have seen so far are things like Nomads and War of the Worlds with no noticeable new features and no Announcements of any Kind in the Test Forum and they only last about 1 1/2 days at the most.  
    3.  Why are there no regular shops and places like in the main servers?  I have not seen a Merchant (where you can buy food, coins, wood, etc.), no armorer, no Nobility Contests, Colossus Event, Marauders Event, Technicus, Researcher, Architect, ever.  
    4.  And the final most important, WHY IS NO ONE READING OUR POSTS AND RESPONDING TO US EVER?  I still have messages I wrote in the last Server Event that have not been answered.  

They don't give the merchant, armorer, and why the test server is so bad because of the following reasons:
    Players tend to play there permanently.
    They do not play to find any bugs, or exploits if there is any big update.
    On the contrary, i know players that searched for bugs in the test server, or exploits just so they're the first to know about, and to abuse them in live servers.
    Examples: doubling your decoratives, doubling your tools through storm islands, moving tools from other accounts(same for rvs), and the recent exploit, with the food items, which increased the food production.
    Players who play on the test server, if they find a bug, they do not report it to the ggs or forum moderators.
    Or players who want to report the issue are ignored. (in this case the mods which are runing the test server).
    If they wanted to get something good out of the test server, all they had to do.
    It is to choose a few players from some servers, and let them test the updates that are big. (10/20 persons)
    To remove the capitals, metros, royal towers.

You never wondered why all the big problems n bugs are found late in real servers?

] - asia 1 / top 1 player - 2.3m power - 13.06.2019

• The Test Server was recently opened up again, supposedly to test new features.  There are several urgent matters concerning this server:

They don't give the merchant, armorer, and why the test server is so bad because of the following reasons:
    Players tend to play there permanently.
    They do not play to find any bugs, or exploits if there is any big update.
    On the contrary, i know players that searched for bugs in the test server, or exploits just so they're the first to know about, and to abuse them in live servers.
    Examples: doubling your decoratives, doubling your tools through storm islands, moving tools from other accounts(same for rvs), and the recent exploit, with the food items, which increased the food production.
    Players who play on the test server, if they find a bug, they do not report it to the ggs or forum moderators.
    Or players who want to report the issue are ignored. (in this case the mods which are runing the test server).
    If they wanted to get something good out of the test server, all they had to do.
    It is to choose a few players from some servers, and let them test the updates that are big. (10/20 persons)
    To remove the capitals, metros, royal towers.

You never wondered why all the big problems n bugs are found late in real servers?

I would love to test some new features over here, but they are not giving anything to test.  I really feel like I'm wasting my time.  Wish I could take my rubies back to the other game and just quit here.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of The War Kings
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.All improvements to the game 
    2. that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't or can't buy Rubies?
    3. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    4. The large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen.
    5. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    6. And any more of events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • TempranceTemprance Posts: 811Moderator
    Hello @LadyThundara (US1),

The test server is intended to be drastically different from regular servers, so I wouldn't expect it to have an identical environment. I do agree though that there should be very basic instructions explaining the purpose and use behind new features along with a more defined way to see how feedback is affecting the game. I have forwarded your suggestions.

Temprance

Temprance @ usa 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,459INT3
    edited 06.05.2019
    We also need a few more coins/rubies to be provided.

Due to the introduction of the Relic Coms/Casts most of us have spent all our coins and rubies on them trying to get complete sets to see what they can do.

Again, HOW can we test these without the ability to get them?

and NO, I will NOT buy rubies in the Test Server either...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Sign In to comment.