We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread : Relic - What you need to know!

Comments

• bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 610NL1
    I see this and think one thing. HELL NO!

I swear if they add this I will legit quit.
    All unique armor will be worthless if they add this, therefore ruby buyers will be able to get all the good sets right away and the people who earn them without rubies will have to grind for ages to get it. 

I dont know about you guys but I grinded for ages to get my unique sets and I do not want to grind for sets that should never be added in the 1st place! The only way this could go well is IF! If there is only commander versions and the Castilians are not much better then the unique sets. PVP is broken more powerful commanders is good, But castilians will keep making pvp impossible. 
    what commander do you need to break 166k support in PvP, the does not even need to be any casta
    PvP?  PvAlliance and mind you its a wargame so what does Fairplay and PvP mean? RubyWhales rule and GGE goes on balancing the game in a way that Ruby player will be alone pretty soon
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1

i think GGE have trapped themselves in an inflationary cycle that pushes the game financially and in terms of availability to play the scope of the majority of players. Basically they update gems heroes equipment and P.O. items or reinvent an existing building or repackage an existing event. Moving to HTML would have seemed to have been an ideal opportunity to have changed the games architecture and introduce new features. Opportunity missed. Complicating existing features unnecessarily for largely irrelevant benefits which take years to obtain doesn’t seem to me to qualify as development given the ruby option it’s shopping not gameplay. Why exactly is it necessary? If a player has an unlimited supply of horrors the number of relics you have makes no difference. Similarly I doubt there is any equipment that takes out 100000 defence sat behind a stellar castellated. It just makes it more impossible to compete. I’d leave equipment alone this looks poorly balanced woefully under tested out of sync with existing products and making existing kit irrelevant then expecting players to start all over again to pay for what is essentially the same process seems counterintuitive. I won’t be paying this time for more of the same. If isn’t needed. The idea we will still give you money after you finally banned players years after we told you there was a problem proving us right is remarkable. I’d have thought your priority would be to clean up the oil spill and repair reputational damage done rather than focusing on window dressing whilst the shop is still burning. Do something truly new this is of no value.

Batten @ en 1
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 686Community Manager

For the rest it looks like a nice update. Can other servers except it in start of june or midway may?

I am not sure what the plan is as the Game Team wants to get some feedback on these and then see if adjustments need to be made or not. Depending on the level of adjustments this could take a while. So you'll just have to be patient I'm afraid.

can we clarify something else - is power 1 better than 5 or visa versa - is not really clear and not seeing difference in current stats !
    If I understand the question correctly then the more stars the better
  • bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 610NL1
    edited 02.05.2019

For the rest it looks like a nice update. Can other servers except it in start of june or midway may?

I am not sure what the plan is as the Game Team wants to get some feedback on these and then see if adjustments need to be made or not. Depending on the level of adjustments this could take a while. So you'll just have to be patient I'm afraid.

can we clarify something else - is power 1 better than 5 or visa versa - is not really clear and not seeing difference in current stats !
    If I understand your explanation correctly then power 1 means 1 star and power 5 means 5 stars

• @Crom Cruach

i just want to know which ones to sell and if i wasted 240k coins embedding gems into level 1 green fusion set - if the level 5 set is higher i'll just take the loss and sell the level 1 set as i don't like having multiple confusing sets.

- for example - the winter imp (original) has better stats than the fusion versions as has moat component - so can be used in storm and for pvp as well as for npc's

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
    I will most definitely bring this topic up with the Game Team today and see if it can be changed.
  • _R11G_ (US1)_R11G_ (US1) Posts: 76US1
    Hey, any update on when relic equipment will be released? I see the storage and smithy have been changed, was expecting the relic equipment to come too

@Crom Cruach
    Hey, any update on when relic equipment will be released? I see the storage and smithy have been changed, was expecting the relic equipment to come too

@Crom Cruach
    We will make an announcement when the testing has finished and we are ready to release the feature to the rest of the servers. For now it is only Scandinavia and our BETA server that will have access to Relics.
  • I see this and think one thing. HELL NO!

I swear if they add this I will legit quit.
    All unique armor will be worthless if they add this, therefore ruby buyers will be able to get all the good sets right away and the people who earn them without rubies will have to grind for ages to get it. 

I dont know about you guys but I grinded for ages to get my unique sets and I do not want to grind for sets that should never be added in the 1st place! The only way this could go well is IF! If there is only commander versions and the Castilians are not much better then the unique sets. PVP is broken more powerful commanders is good, But castilians will keep making pvp impossible. 
    what commander do you need to break 166k support in PvP, the does not even need to be any casta
    PvP?  PvAlliance and mind you its a wargame so what does Fairplay and PvP mean? RubyWhales rule and GGE goes on balancing the game in a way that Ruby player will be alone pretty soon
    I do agree that if the commanders are op and the casts are not then I would be down for that.

TFT Reborn! 
    Member of USA1 for 5 years!
    King clone
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    The basic issue is over development of some features at the expense of others which creates an unbalanced game.  The value of combining equipment in a conflict / event sense is over stated it makes a marginal difference in real terms and doesn't really impact on your overall performance.   Having a car that can travel at speeds of over 200 mph when the speed limit is 90 mph may give you something that looks pretty and makes you feel better about yourself but ultimately you can still only realise a fraction of it's potential when you drive.  First question is do we actually need more equipment given we can't manage what we have or complete the sets we are already able to access.    Second question why use an element of chance that deliberately disadvantages some players whilst rewarding others purely based on chance rather than earned merit.  Third why constantly focus on a narrow segment of gameplay which has been done to death rather than exploring the skills or talents of commander for example or allowing players to fight over terrain advantages beyond the largely defunct capitals or metro's surely those are due more attention than equipment.  I think there is significant fatigue with constant change and the pace of change this update is just offputting and as Lewis pointed out devalues existing equipment unnecessarily.  Why would players pay for top of the range when they can achieve the same results with more basic models? 

I just don't think this should be a development priority and it looks like another development dead end to me. 

I still prefer the Alchemist to the Fusion process because simply it rewarded me for the work I put in the harder I worked the better I did.  The current models and approaches have lost that simplicity and overcomplicate and constrain the game rather than supporting game flow.  There is just too much complexity and  a lot of what on offer has been devalued or inflated beyond it's strategic worth.  It's more like a Panini sticker album than a game these days.       
    Batten @ en 1
  • Here is a couple of Commanders I have been able to put together is just a couple of days.

http://prntscr.com/niu651
    http://prntscr.com/niu7lo
    http://prntscr.com/niu8f4

This is the only Castilian I have so far. Seems harder to get Cast equipment. Only 1 Gem so far from Alliance Smithy.
    Lots of Hero's, sold about half

http://prntscr.com/niu9b3

All but 1 have no gems

Advise is get looting for coins, There is no limit on how many you can smithy, however the price can get steep after just 4 or 5. Note Relics shown are on Test Server.
    good work on making this com and cast if you have more please show it
    so we could learn
  • blackflames (US1)blackflames (US1) Posts: 169US1
    edited 03.05.2019
    Here is a couple of Commanders I have been able to put together is just a couple of days.

http://prntscr.com/niu651
    http://prntscr.com/niu7lo
    http://prntscr.com/niu8f4

This is the only Castilian I have so far. Seems harder to get Cast equipment. Only 1 Gem so far from Alliance Smithy.
    Lots of Hero's, sold about half

http://prntscr.com/niu9b3

All but 1 have no gems

Advise is get looting for coins, There is no limit on how many you can smithy, however the price can get steep after just 4 or 5. Note Relics shown are on Test Server.
    good work on making this com and cast if you have more please show it
    so we could learn

here are the 3 i have completed so far. several are close to being completed but lack something so not worth posting i dont think. if you would like me to i can though

Another thing to note about these equip is that they cannot be upgraded by the tech. That might change in the future, im not sure -

blackflames @ usa 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,686INT3
    I am still working on my Castle Lord Cast.  That Max 20% CY though is an issue.

That you can get an NPC Cast with higher CY makes me wonder a bit. Currently the only NPC that attacks is Khan.  Unless they count the RBCs.

Of course, GGS deciding to "cut and paste" the Nomads into an attacking Samurai Event would surprise NO ONE......

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• from the *teaser* they posted that is probably what will happen lol. 
    blackflames @ usa 1
  • Not liking the Royal Depot being put where mail icon is. I can't keep an eye on new messages coming in with the way it is setup now. Please return the mail back to how it was and while your at it add some more room for messages.  You amaze me GGE very step you take makes the games worse
    ladykailea @ usa 1
  • Astrix (US1)Astrix (US1) Posts: 10US1
    Not liking the Royal Depot being put where mail icon is. I can't keep an eye on new messages coming in with the way it is setup now. Please return the mail back to how it was and while your at it add some more room for messages.  You amaze me GGE very step you take makes the games worse
    Agreed too often things are added or taken away against popular opinion.
    The royal depot thing is stupid, the storage should be within the equipment section, and a option to sell weak gems or equipment in bulk should be available outside of having to pay a monthly subscription for it.
    Also from what I've seen of the new relic equipment, it basically makes most other types of equipment useless and makes hard won equipment that players earned a waste to have gotten.
    I'd also like to express my displeasure with the removal of my favourite event, the alliance city event, this is *********, up to you to figure out what that word is.
    You are overly complicating the game GGE try fixing the stuff you already have and people are complaining about.
  • So far I have no opinion about the update, hadn't seen it was coming before I logged on today and my mailbox was gone. Found out it's now shared with this new thing, and you need to choose mailbox (every time) before you can see if you have any mails, that's NOT ok, give us back our mailboxes so we can see if we have mail without looking all the time
    YES
  • You have to change how to access Messages, on of the most used buttons in the game. And we all have loads for unread messages, so now i cant see if i got a new message because i cant se the number of messages..

Any of the other buttons is ok to use.

And you have to balance the reliq ecuipment bether, i have got a lots of heros, but not mutch of the other equipment.
  • WOW the GREED level on the Relic equipment went into overdrive  :/

That's to bad, it could have been such a good thing for the game and those who can't spend real money like some.
    ObarfoUser @ usa 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,686INT3
    WOW the GREED level on the Relic equipment went into overdrive  :/

That's to bad, it could have been such a good thing for the game and those who can't spend real money like some.
    Very true.  In the Test Server, I used ALL the free coin and rubies they give us, and was not able to make a completed Com and Cast.  There are so many varieties, AND since they are random, that these will take a very long time to make for a non-buyer.  

I did not get a chance to complete the Relic Princess Quest in the Test Server, but from the looks of it, it will be another Nomad Commander. 

This should not be too difficult to get, as long as you are hitting towers in all Kingdoms.  But, with the randomness of the effects, some will get better ones than others......

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Sign In to comment.