We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: April Update Notes 2019

Comments

• @Baleraphon (GB1) I have brought the button topic up with the Game Team and they are aware that it is causing an issue for you and others. They will look into solutions for it.
    thank you, maybe also ask them to do an update on a monday or tuesday as well, that way they have more than one day to correct it, before going away for a 3 day weekend
  • dandelion1958 (GB1)dandelion1958 (GB1) Posts: 525GB1
    edited 02.05.2019
    just a thought for the *compensation" for royal tokens - and tools - could we have relic build and upgrade tokens at an equitable exchange rate - think i was gaining up to 1k per attack so that should give a starting position !

edit PS I still have the premium royal case tools - now defunct !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • _R11G_ (US1)_R11G_ (US1) Posts: 76US1
    Why were royal capitals disliked by some people? The last second masses by alliances to steal all their royal tokens
    What does this new outer realms add? The exact same thing, either everyone hitting the top player right before reset (if overall scoring exists) or a massive massing at the final minutes of the event. This is made worse by the 30 minute travel times to perfectly time attacks to land seconds before the event ends. 

If you could add this into an event nobody cared much about, you could add royal capitals which everybody loved besides this.
  • I can't find a May update thread but you CAN NOT put layers of menus for the messages button. That needs to be a stand-alone button since it's used constantly. Either add an entire separate button for the new feature or put that menu under one of the less used buttons, but messages cannot be menued.
  • Druids (GB1)Druids (GB1) Posts: 82GB1
    I agree with all the others re: put the message indicator back as first choice, and hide the trumpet and flag so it appears once clicked.
  • Domlin (US1)Domlin (US1) Posts: 132US1

I find it hard to believe you decided to put the storage overflow on top of the chat icon. It's like you are begging me to login to the forum and insult your developers. You can just use your imagination; it's not good.

Domlin @ usa 1
  • dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) Posts: 199US1
    Royal depot is a pointless addition that wastes our time. Keep the mailbox in that slot and remove lost and found access point there. Create new access points for lost and found in the equipment inventory, construction yard, decoration storage, and one in the governance tab.
    Proud member of Heavens Army on US1!
  • Bobberob (US1)Bobberob (US1) Posts: 23US1
    The mail interface is probably the most frequently used button in the game. To hide it behind / merge it with another button is an inadvisable design decision.

An alternative idea for the 'Lost and Found' is for such items to go to temporary 'Lost and Found' spaces within each respective interface. For example, when the Gem or Decoration inventory is full, put the reward Gem or Decoration in a 'Lost and Found' spot in the Gem or Decoration interface, respectively.
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 315GB1
    edited 02.05.2019
    The REAL problem with this update is that by hiding the messages it shows yet again that the developers and **any** play testers have absolutely no interest in actually playing the game and have no conception how any change might impact on game play.  [I know the protestations that they do.... but really the actions speak louder than words...]

Please sort this as quickly as it was implemented - unfortunately the message from recent history about the beta warnings on HTML graphic quality (done, if you recall, on the goodwill of volunteers) would seem to suggest that this will be ignored and we will just have to lump it...... I do really hope I'm wrong but will probably get the just get the stock response they are "working hard on a solution"

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,087INT1
    The alliance i am in are going nuts about it , and would be impossible to repeat what they think about GGE and there developers/think tank 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Just want to let you know how much I HATE having the mail button combined with something else...now i have to click at least twice and sometime extra for lag or something just to open my mail which is the most commonly clicked button on the screen and should not be shared and it should not take longer to get to mail.  Very very annoyed by this.  My two cents.
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 819Community Manager
    Just want to let you know how much I HATE having the mail button combined with something else...
    Thanks for the feedback, we are looking into solutions for this.

We all know what GGE's promises mean though dont we.
    We will be compensating players. Please be patient though it won't happen immediately.
  • OLANZA (GB1)OLANZA (GB1) Posts: 33GB1
    I miss the FL/BC attacks they were a good way of teaching low level players how to do a defence set up and help explain how defence works without too many losses compared to a real attack
  • cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 268GB1
    We all know what GGE's promises mean though dont we.
    We will be compensating players. Please be patient though it won't happen immediately.
    But there has been no announcement on what form that will take. You have now removed the royal coins and still not advised what will be the compensation for them. Will I login and find that you've taken all my Royal Capitals related tools and still not announced a package? People can be patient about waiting for the actual compensation but not the announcement of what form that will take. Right now GGS have removed something I , and everyone else, had worked hard to achieve with no communication on what compensation is being offered. Meanwhile GGS expect players to keep playing and paying. This is not the manner in which a professional company should behave. 
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • yeah that new messages (inbox) update sucks big time

makes opening the nudes 10x harder :(
Sign In to comment.