We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Why are the USA1 Blood crows sucking so much this week?!

Comments

• Still a complete waste of time and effort.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω
  • Foz (GB1)Foz (GB1) Posts: 39GB1
    Hi all

Just wondering why the last several crow and FL events have not sent any attacks on us, have they been changed completely so they dont attack us any more?

Foz @ en 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,086INT1
    Yes GGE has stopped attacks

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 812Community Manager
    Yes based on player feedback at the time we stopped the attacks originating from the Bloodcrows.
  • Foz (GB1)Foz (GB1) Posts: 39GB1
    ok thanks for that
    Foz @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,827INT3
    Yes based on player feedback at the time we stopped the attacks originating from the Bloodcrows.
    Yeah, we all remember the whining from players about getting hit by the FL/BC attacks while they were offline.

Hard to believe THAT was the 'feedback' GGE listened to......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 812Community Manager
    We do listen, we take the constructive feedback from here and feed it into the development process.
  • Yes based on player feedback at the time we stopped the attacks originating from the Bloodcrows.
    We do listen, we take the constructive feedback from here and feed it into the development process.
    the whining in this case was mainly from 4/5 yrs ago when the events originated - not seen anything about this on english forums for a long time - does this mean that what we say now is going to take a similar time to have an effect ?
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
    edited 15.04.2019
    Hmmmm…….. I will try it again, without the tongue being stuck to the cheek.  The "complaints" about the FL/BC attacks were soundly ridiculed by the majority of the players.  The FL/BC "attacks" were no big deal.  The fact that a real live player CAN hit someone was the original point of the event.  

If you go back far enough, it was SUPPOSED to be a "simulated" Server v Server event.  Take the defense setups from the first server and copy them as Event Castles on the second.  Then take copies of REAL attack setups that occurred on the first server and copy them to attack the players on the second server.  This WAS a fairly slick idea, WAY BACK when it was first thought up.  Problem is, it never ACTUALLY was implemented that way.  It became a cookie-cutter event castle line up to attack.

ONE TIME during each event, ONE FL/BC castle would send ONE attack.  Sometimes there would be none.  These were often hilarious in their set up.  I received ones that were all Defense troops with no tools.  There WERE the occasional ones that WERE properly tooled, and made up of Horrors.  

During the last few years the "complaints" about these events came in two flavors:

1 - These castles are TOO WEAK!  I never get a GOOD castle to hit!

2 - I keep getting hit while offline!

How did GGS respond?  

1 - The Dethrone Option.  PAY for a new castle roll. or PAY for a few hundred added troops.  (Neither gave a worthy defense for the cost and was NOT what the players were asking for)

2 - Turn off the FL/BC attacks. 

So, DID GGS "listen"?  Kind of.  But, they didn't "hear".

What would have been better received?  Below is what was suggested many Many MANY TIMES:

1 - Guaranteed large defense castles.  Even if 1 out of 100.  SOME way that a player would know a "Big One" was out there.

2 - an OPTION to opt in / opt out of the "event".

Even if GGS didn't want to give #1, they could have done #2 to satisfy those who were "hurt" buy the mean old FL/BC's, but still let the rest of us DEFEND the attacks. 

We know you are new, and could not have known this history.  But, this IS a good example of where the frustration that many have built up over the years has come from...……...
    Post edited by Wasso (INT3) on
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) Posts: 468NL1
    Hmmmm…….. I will try it again, without the tongue being stuck to the cheek.  The "complaints" about the FL/BC attacks were soundly ridiculed by the majority of the players.  The FL/BC "attacks" were no big deal.  The fact that a real live player CAN hit someone was the original point of the event.  

How true. GGS doesn't understand tongue in cheek, apparently.
    Proof: every time someone mentions (tong-in-cheek!) that we want more farming tools (can never have enough of them, right?), GGS will add more of them in the rewards, instead of replacing some of them with more useful rewards.
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 567AU1
    what feedback? from who?/ most of us IMHO thought they were useful
    Shares @ au 1
  • Foreigner attacks were the most useless thing in the world. If you want pvp action attack players if you're not scared. Simple.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,669
    cThe reality is GGE hear's only what it wants to hear there could be 1000 pages of feedback all saying the same thing and 1 comment saying the opposite and if GGE want to do the opposite it will say well we were just folowing the feedback!!!!

They even went so far to get a beta forum so they could run stuff past experienced players, unfortunatly it didnt work as GGE completly ignored the feedback it got.  Meaning it was totally pointless.

GGE tick all the boxes, they have a player survey they have a forum, they created a beta forum.  The problem is they totally ignore all the feedback, or completly misrepresent the feedback selecting only the bits they want to hear.

Unfortunatly the game moves ever further away from the game that the vast majority of the people giving feedback want.

The skillfull elements are dummed down and diluted to such a degree they become pretty much pointless.  Its kinda like watching a car crash in slow motion.   And much as though you know you should turn away you cant, even the really good new ideas are distorted so much by the powers that be obsession with screwing every ruby possible from players with it sucks the life and the skill from it.  It must be soul destroying from a developers point f view, as they have to watch their ideas ripped to pieces in the persuit of  ruby.

Philt123 @ en 1
    Foreigner attacks were the most useless thing in the world. If you want pvp action attack players if you're not scared. Simple.
    @planeta - (PT1) if you like PvP, come visit INT3.  It is all we have in here.  ;-)

Somewhere in the US Migration notes section, is a very wise and witty comment about the FL attacks.  (This was before the BC copy/paste event was introduced)  It was said:  "I view the FL attacks as the way the Game takes back the free Defense Troops it gives us".  

In reality, it gives more than it used to take to defend, and the attacks DID serve a secondary purpose.  They trained people who were not into PvP, the importance of learning the defensive side of the game.  It really didn't take much to beat 85% of the FL attacks.  Yes, you had to learn the baby basics of defense: how to change the set up from 50/50 Melee/Range to 80/20, or how to change from 25/50/25 (or whatever the default wall setup is) to 100/0/0 (or 98/1/1 just to be an @$$), or why Lime Bombs / Throwing Nails ARE a good purchase, and a host of other basic Defensive minded topics.  

If there was never supposed to be a reason to defend, why are there defensive troops????

I still feel that way about the FL attacks...………...

Good night.
    Sleep well.

• I had the same excuse from support last year over the numbers in crows and fc's castles. They even had the cheek to call it the gamblers fallacy, but forgot that because of what they do in the programing its not pure chance, and no matter what they say its always rigged in their favour, otherwise they wouldnt make the money, and would drop the events.
    With the introduction of the dethrone choices, its just a further way to increase the revenue to gge. I have tried both the token and ruby method, and they are a totally unfair way for gge to make even more from us. Very rarely have I ended up with a better castle to attack, more often its worse, either by troops or tool wasting setups.
    Gge are not playing fair as they know that the events themeselves are tied to others where you will miss out by not taking part.
    Come on gge play the game, you have to give somethings back sometimes, If your going to charge extra for dethroning, (which I dont think you should). Then at least make it a viable positive action and not a loss making one for players.
    it seems you did not understand the dethrone feature at all
    I understand the Dethrone feature very well.  Before it was introduced we had FI and BC castles most of which contained 900 to 4K soldiers.  Now we have a Dethrone feature so we get maybe 2 that are about 800-900 (which was on the low end before Dethrone) and the remainder are 450 and below. 

So you choose the dethrone feature.  You can spend 100 coins, 100 Sami tokens or 100 Nomad tokens to get 200 to 500 more, but I've never gotten even 500 more.  And each time you use the Dethrone feature it goes up by 100. 

But here is the rip:  if you use rubies, the first time it is 1200 for 1  castle, then 2400 for the next caste, and probably 3600 or 4800 for the 3rd castle.  Now in these cases you will get over 1000-3000 more troops.  So the dethrone feature is another one aimed at the Ruby Whales and the rest of us get butkis.  Just like all the other new things.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of The War Kings
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.All improvements to the game 
    2. that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't or can't buy Rubies?
    3. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    4. The large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen.
    5. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    6. And any more of events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
    edited 18.04.2019
    Ah...…. these ones DO still exist! 

Good thing I had some more tabs to buy another batch of tails...……….. B)
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Steel 69 (US1)Steel 69 (US1) Posts: 53US1
    Take both events and put them back the way they where. 
    Now they are more than a waste of time...…….
    Steel 69 @ usa 1
  • Thorten (US1)Thorten (US1) Posts: 99US1
    rarely play them now .... waste of my time and tools for what little can be gained from it.  will spy and if no castles are over at least 700, I don't play.      like anything else in the game, if you just complain about something verbally, you are wasting both your time and your breath.  only thing that counts is what you do with your time and your wallet.  
    Thorten @ usa 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,086INT1
    For the last 6 bloodcrow/fori not had a castle over 3 k and it is a tedious grind , there must be a formula gge use i know you can get boosters , but it do the same old same that get in top 10. but i also believe these Fori/bloodcrow are a catch 22 , if they improve the castles to more in them more often,

Nothing will change just the top 10 will have a lot more millions glory and we will all be the same position with a little more glory , as an event i find it very tedious, unlike beri sams and nomads you get to see you results every hit means rewards , but with fori it like a tool cleaner in the opposite way 

But still saving tools and tedious hours of wasted time
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,825AU1
    I had the same excuse from support last year over the numbers in crows and fc's castles. They even had the cheek to call it the gamblers fallacy, but forgot that because of what they do in the programing its not pure chance, and no matter what they say its always rigged in their favour, otherwise they wouldnt make the money, and would drop the events.
    With the introduction of the dethrone choices, its just a further way to increase the revenue to gge. I have tried both the token and ruby method, and they are a totally unfair way for gge to make even more from us. Very rarely have I ended up with a better castle to attack, more often its worse, either by troops or tool wasting setups.
    Gge are not playing fair as they know that the events themeselves are tied to others where you will miss out by not taking part.
    Come on gge play the game, you have to give somethings back sometimes, If your going to charge extra for dethroning, (which I dont think you should). Then at least make it a viable positive action and not a loss making one for players.
    it seems you did not understand the dethrone feature at all
    I understand the Dethrone feature very well.  Before it was introduced we had FI and BC castles most of which contained 900 to 4K soldiers.  Now we have a Dethrone feature so we get maybe 2 that are about 800-900 (which was on the low end before Dethrone) and the remainder are 450 and below. 

So you choose the dethrone feature.  You can spend 100 coins, 100 Sami tokens or 100 Nomad tokens to get 200 to 500 more, but I've never gotten even 500 more.  And each time you use the Dethrone feature it goes up by 100. 

But here is the rip:  if you use rubies, the first time it is 1200 for 1  castle, then 2400 for the next caste, and probably 3600 or 4800 for the 3rd castle.  Now in these cases you will get over 1000-3000 more troops.  So the dethrone feature is another one aimed at the Ruby Whales and the rest of us get butkis.  Just like all the other new things.
    as I guessed you do not understand it at all.

Here is how it works

Target 1 a ) has 500 deffenders
    Target 1 a) get's dethroned
    Target 1 a) is now gone
    Target 1 b) is now there and has 500 deffenders
    Target 1 b) is now improved by 20 to 500 soldiers
    Target 1b) is now 500+(20 to 500) soldiers

So when you use the exile feature it gets rid of the old one gives you a random new one and the random new one is improved by 20 to 500, what your logic is is the ruby feature, fortify, how come no one seems to bother to read what it does?

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
Sign In to comment.